Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sometimes when I try to post I get an error message.

Bronyette

Whenever I try to post around the site, whether it is on my own topic or elsewhere, I get a message frequently that says I don't have the 20 characters needed to post when I clearly have that and beyond. This has happened to me on several occasions, and if it happens once it seems like I can't post on that page again. It sort of blocks me out every attempt I make, even if I add more text. It is really frustrating when I cannot message people back on my own art thread to tell them thanks.

post-11323-0-28800000-1400684205_thumb.jpg

post-11323-0-65109300-1400684267_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

@@Bronyette, Is there any specific subsection that this occurs the most in? (IE Octavias Hall, Welcoming plaza and so on)

• Brohoof 1

Not one in particular. I've had it happen almost everywhere around the site it seems, but I do get it more commonly when I make the topic. And that happens most in the fan art section of Octavia's hall.

• Brohoof 2

What internet browser are you using? Additionally, when you experience errors with such posts, what does the character counter in the bottom right-hand corner of the post editor say? You might have to go to the full editor page to see it, by clicking Upload Files + More Reply Options.

• Brohoof 1

I'm almost always on mobile since I'm typically on the go. So my browser is safari. I'm not sure if I've had this problem on my laptop though, so it mighty be a mobile only problem.

And also, sometimes it lets me post. Like the topic I was having issues with in the screenshots let me post on it today. It's pretty sporadic when it happens and only seems to last a little while. I never had this problem before when we had the 200 character minimum on topic posts, but even if I add more text to make sure it exceeds the 200 characters it doesn't work either, even if I refresh the page.

And yeah. I won't be able to show you the character count on the problem above since it somehow fixed itself. I'm sure it will come back though, it happens often enough to be a bit of a nuisance.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

so it mighty be a mobile only problem.
Its possible this is indeed the reason. The mobile version isn't exactly "perfect" .

Assuming this hasn't occurred again since you last stated, Im going to go ahead and lock this thread. If it does indeed happen again, pm me and I'll unlock the thread and see if we can find a more permanent fix.