Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you sometimes feel your posts don't matter?

Away

Posts don't matter that much in general tbh, but if your post can help someone in some way (even by just making them smile), then that's when it's worth something.

• Brohoof 1

I definitely get a discouraging feeling sometimes that people just look at the text I put and keep browsing down. There are so many of us here, and there simply isn't enough time to thoroughly read and think about everybody's posts. That's one of the reasons why brohoofs and quotes feel good, I guess. It makes you happy knowing somebody took the time to read what you had to say and liked it. It's a guarantee that somebody acknowledged your post. I like to think that my forum posts matter, but yeah sometimes it's hard to believe in that. I think it's a pretty common feeling, especially on such a popular Internet forum. I'll keep posting though, since I wanna get my word in for certain topics. That way, my posts will always be available to read for those who are willing to read them. img-1598522-1-smile.png

Yes I soooooooooo agree with you. I couldn't agree more if I tryed

To me, if they don't matter, they don't matter. I try to have a bit of levity in most of my posts. If they aren't funny, well then, they aren't funny, and I don't really care.

45c.jpg

(edited)

oh jesus, did i actually make this thread lmao

hmmmm, well update i guess: I'm not so lonely anymore yayyyy

kinda wish i could delete this thread lol

Edited by LatinoChurro

Do you ever feel like your posts in some threads don't matter? Like if someone will even read or care about what you have to say. Not just in threads but like in messages and statuses too. Admittedly, I feel this way sometimes. :( Anyone else?

Yeh, sometimes I feel like no one reads my posts :c

I know how you feel, but don't feel like that. I'm sure people do care c:

• Brohoof 2

I can't make my posts matter to other people, but they matter to me -- otherwise I wouldn't spend the time writing them in the first place. ^^ I write posts for my own enjoyment and the expression of my thoughts and feelings on a given topic. If other people find it interesting enough to read, that's a plus. I would be lying if I said I didn't care if my posts mattered to people to some degree. But ultimately I post because I want to and because it matters to me.

No, one individual post may not seem like much in the sea of millions of posts, but it was the millions of such individual posts that made this forum what it is today.

Every post counts.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, and it's pretty much the truth :yay: I just like stating my opinion on random things :3

I have never gotten a brohoof yet and I have a fan-club... I guess you have to start small....

Well there you go  :P

• Brohoof 1

Every day, and yes, our posts don't matter.

Actually...that would depend on how you define "matter". We just post for the sake of it, hoping something will come along and change our lives be it online or elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Of course, most of my posts go unnoticed really. It hurts the most when it happens to posts you care for the most, like forms of internet essay or serious stuff.

Regardless of which forum I'm in, regardless of how long I've been there, I always feel that way.  I always feel like I'm that guy in the corner throwing out a random comment here and there.  So long as I speak the truth, that's all that matter to me.

It's nice getting noticed sometimes though...

Yeah... it's one of the reasons I started posting less. Well, that and the fact that I took a break from MLP. Hopefully I can solve both problems by starting to post more and watch more!

But still. It hurts if you write a lot of text, and you get no appreciation for it. Just a post after that, a post after that and your post falls into oblivion, forever to be forgotten. I mean a brohoof or a response, heck even a simple "hey me too!" or a yes/no answer or anything would be sufficent for me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really feel so, mainly because on a forum as huge as this it's really hard to keep an eye on all the posts every time.

Also since I've been hanging out on smaller forums for a long time I don't usually even expect answers. Or likes (brohoofs in this case), since there hasn't been such a function on those forums. That's also why I usually forget to brohoof the posts I like.

Occasionally I feel as if I've been completely ignored.

But it's usually just because people didn't notice.