Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you sometimes feel your posts don't matter?

Away

(edited)

I feel that way all of the time. It's not a problem for me though because I don't really care about my posts either. I don't really care much about the big things in my life so I certainly don't have much of an emotional investment in how much attention I get on the internet.

Edited by Mellon Collie
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

Since im not a Brony anymore, my whole existence here feels pointless.

But, my posts, even in Forums which im currently active in, also feel pointless sometimes. I guess its because i only have a low self esteem.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes, more often in smaller forums but I'm used to it, even int he smaller forum at least I see how many views a topic I produce gets so it doesn't bother me as much, and usually the stuff I post is intellectual, random thoughts, or creative or a dream so people don't always feel like responding because they think its too personal or something.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I feel this way. I say my opinion but get no feedback or anything so It's just like boring. I really don't know how to feel but it is what it is I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Do you ever feel like your posts in some threads don't matter? Like if someone will even read or care about what you have to say. Not just in threads but like in messages and statuses too. Admittedly, I feel this way sometimes. :( Anyone else?

It should be noted that you should actually post something that matters. Just because you've made a post doesn't mean it's worthwhile.

Not saying that's necessarily the case with you or anyone in this topic but there's a lot of posts that don't need to be responded to or are just a general waste of time to read.

But remember that just because someone doesn't brohoof or respond to you doesn't mean people aren't reading it or agreeing with you. You can still make an impact even if no one comes out and says it.

• Brohoof 2

Your posts only matter as much as you think they do; you can't rely upon others to give your posts meaning or value.  And, for me personally, it's often enough that I said my piece and expressed myself.  Sure, it's nice when you get positive feedback or have a friendly interaction with someone on the forums, and there are even times when I naively allow myself to believe that I'm having some sort of impact on whoever reads what I wrote.  But you have to post for yourself; because you want to.  Regardless of whether or not you get any brohooves or replies, your post is still there.  (Unless, of course, it gets hidden or deleted; I've had that happen.  A few times, actually. ^ ^; )

• Brohoof 2

Well, if it's already written in stone(well, digitally) it eventually gets looked at. True to that though, sometimes you'll have to leave your mark and if someone ignores it than that's fine. Posts can only contribute to an thread and without it there will be no thread.

• Brohoof 1

I really do try not to make posts and such unless I feel like I have a point to make. Obviously, this isn't always the case. There have been many times when I made statements in threads that felt glossed over.

But that's my fault for either writing something ridiculous or simply not contributing to the conversation. I don't really strive to be the center of attention, so very rarely do I feel as if I'm being ignored.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah especially these days..... nothing I post has nothing going for it anymore.

• Brohoof 1

* all the time, but not even just here. it happens on twitter too. the worst thing for me when it comes to twitter however, is that i tend to post my little doodles on there now and again. i'm not the best artist or anything and it does take me a while to finish a really simple picture (easily distracted) and then when it gets posted, no one seems bothered.

* then again, majority of my followers are furries, so i guess since the stuff i'm drawing isn't really furry-related, i shouldn't be at all surprised.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care if people read my posts or not. If I want to draw someone's attention to it I'll mention or quote them, but otherwise I'm just responding to the OP and in those cases it doesn't matter to me if other people read it.

• Brohoof 2

What I say doesn't normally matter

I'm just a meme & pun & wordplay spouting fool who's never serious

But hey, in some cases that helps, it's gotten me a good amount of fine friends on mlpf and on other things.

IRL, I'm not really noticed by my friends very often, but that's because I'm so quiet

Yeh

[insert whatever here]

• Brohoof 1

Don't mind! Put my stuff here just because I want to - if people don't notice, I'm not too phased because there is a lot of other stuff happening too.

• Brohoof 1

The things I post online are ignored about 85% of the time, even by my friends, and about 9% of the time they are misinterpreted and drama happens where people get pissy with me, and then about 5% of the time they get generic responses, i.e. "cool" or "hope you feel better," with the remaining 1% being people actually seeming to care.  I'm also one of those people who's even more awkward irl than online so I don't have friends outside the 'net. Which means... yeah, most of the time what I say doesn't seem to matter, here or elsewhere.

Of course here I'm not surprised, since I don't really know people here.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sort of past my proverbial "popular hay-day" so to speak. Pretty much just an old fart member still hanging around with mod duties and numerous sentimental ties. I adore the community still, but I notice as the forum ages the newer generations of staff and members alike get harder for me to relate too. It happens

• Brohoof 2

I'm sort past my proverbial "popular hay-day" so to speak. Pretty much just an old fart member still hanging around with mod duties and numerous sentimental ties. I love the community still, but I notice as the forum ages the newer generations of staff and members alike get harder for me to relate too. Generally, I feel sidelined.

I'm on the staff on another forum, and I know exactly what you mean.
  • Brohoof 2

Of course. I rarely make posts anymore because most topics I either can't relate to or I didn't experience anything that the topic is asking for. 

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes, but in the end it's not a reason to prevent you from expressing yourself. Just because you don't always see a reply doesn't mean what you have to say isn't valid or important.

• Brohoof 2

I've been here well marching towards half a year now (can't believe where the times gone). I've made posts, topics, OC's (which do not get brohoofed as much as they should be) and status what I have found is that the two extremes get you noticed long/detailed or short/funny these attract attention and the brohoofs and quotes. I admit I am a RPer mostly these days but I still post elsewhere like here. Anyway just because your post is not BH/Qed well don't be disheartened people read, they really do. Honestly the Brohoof system is not good and needs to be worked on honestly, one day it might be but for now be glad if you are noticed but if not be positive people di read more than others think.

• Brohoof 1