Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your opinion on my recent drawings

NeedsMoreGoth

Here are some of my recent drawings. Now I know I'm not a great artist and the value might look smaller because I don't have a scanner and I took the pictures with a camera but I still think some of these look okay. What do you guys think of these? Also, should I join deviantART? 

post-25099-0-44980700-1400945700_thumb.jpg

post-25099-0-92217400-1400945729_thumb.jpg

post-25099-0-17445300-1400945742_thumb.jpg

post-25099-0-02559000-1400945756_thumb.jpg

post-25099-0-86712300-1400945767_thumb.jpg

post-25099-0-17217100-1400945779_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 7

They're all good, but my favorite would have to be the first one, by a long shot. The others are kinda stiff-looking. No movement. The first one, though. I see movement, I see the action taking place in the drawing. Other than that, these are pretty damn good! :D

• Brohoof 2

They're all good, but my favorite would have to be the first one, by a long shot. The others are kinda stiff-looking. No movement. The first one, though. I see movement, I see the action taking place in the drawing. Other than that, these are pretty damn good! :D

Yeah. I gotta start coloring more >.>

I think they look great! If I were to make one suggestion though:

I know you mentioned that the value is off because you don't have a scanner, but try to make those shadows d and dark areas darker. What happens is that you get into a situation where the picture looks like it has the same value all over. Making some of those areas darker will also make the lighter areas look light, and will really make the image pop.

• Brohoof 1

I think you did very well on these! :D
If you need some constructive criticism, I think you should work on the details in the eyes...like, round them up a bit to give them more of a cartoony look. Like the guy above me said, add some darkness here and there to make it stand out as well. 
Hopefully this is helpful! >-<

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the suggestions. Before I started drawing ponies I drew anime so the eyes I draw are slightly influenced by anime. Also should point out that my anime drawings were straight TERRIBLE. Might just post some so you can see the comparison. :)

Nothing can really be said that hasn't already be mentioned by the guys above me, but I'll give you my 2 cents anyways.

-Don't forget to take your time with the intimate details.

-Some more detailed shading will make your pictures pop!

post-25099-0-86712300-1400945767_thumb.j

Although this is personal preference, the eyelashes of the pony on the right bother me.

I really don't have much else to say. Happy arting!

(edited)

And none of you answered 1 of my questions. XD But from the criticism and the lack of a scanner, I think I'll wait a while longer before I join deviantART. 

When you join, be prepared for no one except PonyUniverse and a few others to even see your stuff XD! deviantART is way different from this site  :P

I agree with the others about working on your shading and the general stiffness. I love your style, and can't wait to see more! :D

Edited by yayayayayala

• 3 months later...

Excellently drawn indeed, from portraits to action shots you defiantly captured them in a bottle. The anime eyes are a neat differential to the the standard pony eyes. If possible at all, drawing one colored would be amazing, but... these one's would look better black and white :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...