Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BUCK Con 2014 (Manchester, UK)

nethesem

Hello everyone!

Nethesem here from the BUCK Convention in Manchester, UK – thank you to Artemis for allowing me to post this, I thought I’d tell you a bit about our convention! Engage wall of information text dump!

ccffFRp.png

What is BUCK?

BUCK is one of the biggest My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic conventions in Europe, with an attendance of over a thousand people from across the world – 36 different countries in fact!

We are a double-event. We open Friday night with The Summer Sun Celebration, a four hour concert hosted by some of the best fandom musicians, with live performances on a festival-sized sound system. We’ve got a whole range of music–from Rock to DnB, Rap Dubstep and more.

Saturday and Sunday is the convention proper, filled with discussion panels, workshops, and demonstrations designed not only to show off the fandom’s creativity, but to inspire you to get creative yourself!

Our events cover many aspects of the community, including Music and Art, Cosplay and Charity Auctions, Games and Crafts, and the social extravaganza of a thousand like-minded fans in one building!

IbhHB6r.jpg

Who will be there?

We’re building a whole list of guests from a range of backgrounds, all of them bringing their expertise to our events.

Hosting their own workshops will be G. M. Berrow, author of the MLP Chapter Books – Heather Breckel, who is responsible for colouring the Friendship is Magic IDW Comic Book series – and Dave Polsky, episode writer.

Our performers for the Summer Sun Celebration on Friday night will include:

• Prince Whateverer, with a full band behind him
  • AcousticBrony, also performing as a full band!

• Mic the Microphone
  • General Mumble
  • Icky
  • Lavender Harmony
  • Addictia
  • The Living Tombstone
  • HMage

ngZjtII.png

And because we had so many amazing musicians offering their talents, we lined up another two music events for Saturday and Sunday – The Lunar Eclipse, with another mixed line up – and our all new Cadence Stage, a grass-roots event designed to give the lesser known musicians a shot on the big stage!

We’ve also got a range of artists in the field of digital art, cosplay, animation, video games, and creative writing, all of whom will be sharing their finest work to date.

Where is it?

BUCK takes place at the Manchester Central Convention Complex, in Manchester, UK. It’s an enormous complex of big airy rooms around a huge converted railway station, complete with stunning victorian architecture.

hNJ2teD.png

Surrounding the venue is the charismatic and diverse city centre of Manchester, with galleries, restaurants, bars, and many other attractions to suit any background.

When will it be held?

The Summer Sun Celebration is Friday 22nd of August, from 7pm until around Midnight.

Tickets cost £20, and include the entire evening and access to the vendor hall. Not too shabby for nine headline acts!

The Convention is Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th of August, opening 10am to 10pm. Tickets start from £45 for a day ticket (available at the end of June), with weekend tickets starting at £80.

Tickets available online at www.buckcon.org/tickets

With Mardi Gras happening over the same weekend, the entire city will be alive non-stop, so even after we close out doors for the night, the party continues all around town!

How do I get there?

BUCK is accessible via Train, Coach, Road, and by Air – whatever your transport method of choice is, it’s easy to get to Manchester!

Head over to our website at www.buckcon.org to see all the sweet juicy details, the full guest list, the latest news, and the best way to keep up with our on-going announcements!

Why choose BUCK?

There’s a lot of MLP related conventions on the calendar… like, a lot… so why BUCK?

Three years and over thirty independant conventions later, the Brony Convention formula is wearing thin. So we thought we’d mix it up a bit. Forget Q&A panels. Forget a school-hall shin-dig. We went all out on The Summer Sun Celebration last year, and it turned heads. So we’re making it even bigger.

We found no one really had many good questions at Q&A panels, that hadn’t been answered at ten other conventions. So we got rid of them and we’re letting our guests show you what they do first hand, and how they do it.

We saw that our attendees are interested more than just My Little Pony, so we’ve brought in attractions for all manner of creativity – all of them designed to help creatives and non-creatives alike involved in the fun!

It’s time for a convention that’s more than just vendor tables and people sitting behind microphones!

BUCK Towers, out!

• Brohoof 5

Awesome!

Me and my friend got our tickets a long time ago and cant wait to go!

It will be a nice reward after all the exams we are doing right now :D

Plus it will be the first convention both me and him will have gone to, im hoping for a good experience. Even better is the fact that we live a mere tram-ride away from the venue so we can just go home after each day.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cor, yea that IS easy!

We originally wanted to run earlier in the year, but everyone else had the same idea.

But due to exams and all the rest of it, it seems that August is much more convenient for people in general!

(edited)

I so wish I could join you guys, I just don't think I can afford to come from the south coast :( Hope everypony has a wonderful time! :)

Edited by Guest

I'm kinda upset because this is the second time i won't be able to go to BUCK because my parents have already booked a holiday so i could choose to go to Spain or BUCK :(

I'll hopefully still be watching the live stream though :)... Again -_-