Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Stained Glass Window

Twilie

That is simply amazing, I love the way that came out, i was expecting stained glass like on the show but the real thing so much better good job

• Brohoof 1

This is really pretty!  How do you make them?  You seem to be pretty skilled if you can pull off that accuracy with chunks of glass.

Thank you!  I start with a picture fame and glue the glass directly to the frame using clear silicone glue, then I take pieces of clear glass that I buy from a lady locally (about 1x1inch) and shape them to whatever shape i need with hand-held tile cutters. Then i take sand paper and smooth the edges because the cutter leaves rough edges. I print out the image that I want and glue it onto the back of the glass frame to use as a template then glue the pieces I have shaped onto the frame using the clear silicone glue. After it all dries I grout with black grout in order to make my pieces stand out. I also made a Twilight sparkle one for my boyfriend, but her purple didn't turn out as vibrant as Dashies colors :) 

• Brohoof 3

Thank you!  I start with a picture fame and glue the glass directly to the frame using clear silicone glue, then I take pieces of clear glass that I buy from a lady locally (about 1x1inch) and shape them to whatever shape i need with hand-held tile cutters. Then i take sand paper and smooth the edges because the cutter leaves rough edges. I print out the image that I want and glue it onto the back of the glass frame to use as a template then glue the pieces I have shaped onto the frame using the clear silicone glue. After it all dries I grout with black grout in order to make my pieces stand out. I also made a Twilight sparkle one for my boyfriend, but her purple didn't turn out as vibrant as Dashies colors :)

Neat!  I think I'm' gonna try that sometime.  Too bad I'm really not good with glass.  At all.  Ever.  Characters.  Limit.  Ponies.  Um, yeah.  Meow.

• Brohoof 1

Wow this is really good!! I use to do stained glass windows too at school and let me tell you I SUCKED SO MUCH! Comparing this to mine makes me feel like putting a paperbag over mine and throw it out. Lol a little carried a away there but yeah very nice work

• Brohoof 1

Woah that's really gorgeous! I wasn't expecting the real deal to be honest, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Have you considered doing commissions?

yeah theres not much i would actualy buy, but something that cool i would consider it looks real nice would definitly nbe a nice table by the window peice

Woah that's really gorgeous! I wasn't expecting the real deal to be honest, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Have you considered doing commissions?

yeah theres not much i would actualy buy, but something that cool i would consider it looks real nice would definitly nbe a nice table by the window peice

Unfortunately I do not do commissions (at least for now) I put so much time into making these that I become way too attached to them. If i were to sell them someday they would probably cost around $200 or so, mostly because I hate to part with them. I plan on making the mane six eventually, so far I just have Rd and Twi. Unfortunately Twilight's color is dark and doesn't turn out very god on camera :\ 

post-17919-0-15606600-1374027096_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

This....this is amazing. I'm actually jealous. I wish I could do something like that but I hardly have the patience. Wonderful work, dear!

That is really good, 

Now if only I could do something like that, That would be awesome and fun.

I congrat you my fellow Pony and I hope you keep making more.

See you around:

-CamsterPony

• Brohoof 1

WOW! THAT'S AMAZING. That is really cool. I almost guarantee that if you sell them, you'll make a lot of money. Nice work! It would be really cool to see more :)

This is really fancy! How do you do it? I mean, drawings, sure, but stained glass!? This is amazing ! Great job on making it; it looks exactly like a heart pony!

Erm that's amazing

I love the background glass texturing and the color of grout used as well as Rainbow herself.

I like the little heart you put on twi's.

Maybe do their cutie marks there instead? (for the ones whose cutiemarks are in a set of three items, maybe one of those three?)

You made that yourself? Wow! That's very impressive - not to mention, as everyone's favourite cyan pegasus would put it, AWESOME!

Thanks guys! I have now been inspired to make finish my collection of the mane six. Which pony should I do next? (Not saying that i will be done with it soon)

• Brohoof 1

Do one for Fluttershy next  ^_^.And they ones you've done so far look amazing by the way,I've never seen that much stained glass art before but this looks awesome.

Wowww you did an awesome job with this. I've not seen any Stained glass art really before hand, but you did an awesome job!

The hours you spent certainly show, wonderful job. I am impressed very much.