Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

Not looking forward to this whatsoever. The movie was terrible, and I just don't like the concept in the first place. Hopefully they don't steal too many resources from the production of FiM along the way.

I'm actually excited for this. I thought Equestria Girls was fun.

My only condition is that this doesn't interfere with the quality of Friendship Is Magic. I don't want them working on too many things and then both turn out to start sucking.

• Brohoof 1

Here's an idea: what if Sunset Shimmer is the main character? you know like one of those "road to redemption" arcs or something.

I was thinking more of a stunere jerkish type who is hard to befriend but slowly starts to warm up 

• Brohoof 1

Sweet! This is going to be fun to watch, I'm looking forward to it. :lol:

As for those complaining, I've said this in another thread and it holds true here

>_>  Aye...

332532__UNOPT__safe_transformers_zpsa235

This picture...it speaks to me! Because that's what getting from this thread!

"WHAT!?!?!? OH NOEZ WE MIGHT GET 13 EPISODE SEASON BECUZ OF EQUESTRIA GIRLS 2 AND EQUESTRIA GIRLS TV SHOW EVEN THOUGH NO ONE AT DHX OR HASBRO HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A SHORT SEASON!!!!! GET YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!! PONI NOT YOOMAN!!!!"

Wow, just wow guys. Seriously, calm down, you're still getting your fifth season and NOBODY at DHX has said anything about there being a shortened season. Don't make assumptions because the Equestria Girls sequel and T.V. show. As for those raging about the fact that there is going to be another movie and show on Equestria Girls, like I said, you're still getting your fifth season, there's no reason to rage about this. If you don't like them, just ignore them, they won't have an effect on the show. I know it's hard to believe but some of us LIKE Equestria Girls. Some of us are looking forward to the new movie and show and you're doing with all your whining about it is annoying those who are looking forward to it and being an overall buzzkill. Don't be like the GEEWUNNERS in the Transformers fandom.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's going to flop. Half of the attraction of FIM has been the nudity and pseudo sexual themes.

This is not just going to be the same with human Applebloom talking about her inadequacy that doesn't involve something about her body. 

A spin off human version will play more conservative than FIM. A PG rating could let them try some rather more mature things.

Edited by Singe

Howdy all!

Im all for a EQG spinoff series.

At least it wont affect FIM (and has been confrimed for 26 episodes for season 5)

Should be interesting to say the least.

We'll probaly find out more about the Equestria Academy series at The San Diego Comic Con in July.

(And more on the Rainbow Rocks movie and maybe a sneek peek to S5 of FIM ;) )

I say give it a wait and see attitude.

Keep Calm And Brony On My Friends :)

• Brohoof 2

Equestria Academy will need a new set of characters and not the Mane 6. Use the Mane 6 and the show will run out of steam in a Season or 2.

Don't really care for this idea. I mean if they keep the same formula as the normal show then sure go nuts, but if they start making a show that's just mlp high school musical theeeennn just no

It could also have a positive effect on the state of the fandom in general. Anyway, I don't really have an opinion about this to be honest. I don't see this impacting the FiM directly if the main show continues to be a funnel for merchandise sales. I believe that there are different development teams on this, so quality should continue. My 13 year old rolled her eyes, but my 14 year old is hoping for a more anime influenced design style.

A animated show about humans in college doesn't sound like it would appeal to me, but then again, who the heck knows. My animation tastes are all over the damn place. BUT, If this turns out to be of the same quality of Monster High and Bratz, I doubt I would watch for long.

Equestria Academy eliminates some of things that makes Friendship is Magic. FIM came in as a breath of fresh air which EA won't be able to do. Their world is happy go lucky compared to the more dangerous Equestria. The ponies are made of Earth Ponies, Unicorns, Pegasus, and Alicorn. Everyone in EA is just FIM characters in human skin of one species with no concept of diversity of biological differences outside of gender.

Equestria Academy will need a new set of characters and not the Mane 6. Use the Mane 6 and the show will run out of steam in a Season or 2.

I wouldn't be so sure..... I mean, we can focus on sunset Shimmer and her journey to be more friendly.

Sunset_Shimmer_looking_sad_EG.png

It was briefly shown in her apologizing to everyone in the book, but still.....

Well.......not to crazy about it, however, if they have Spitfire in there, then i'll be satisfied, :D

Spitfire was in the comic. So she may be there.

• Brohoof 2

Oh my gosh, Equestria Girls got a side series?!

I'm SO excited! I loved Equestria Girls! :)

Your not alone pal! I am HYPED as well!

More human Twilight for us! :D

• Brohoof 2