Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the Wondercolts?

ggg-2

In "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" they mentioned Canterlot Wondercolts. What are the Wondercolts, do you think? Is it solely a nickname for the students as a form of school pride? Or are the Wondercolts a sports team? I remember the human versions of Spitfire, Soarin and Fleetfoot are a Soccer team in the comics. Are they the Wondercolts?

It seems to be the school's mascot. My school's mascot is the "Tigers." I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the same thing goes for the Wondercolts as well :D

I agree with Ghostie.  Its Canterlot High School's Mascot, :)

Wish my HS had something like that...............b/c we got a blue devil as a mascot and the funny thing about it, everyone acts mean to one another unfortunately.....................................sorry about going off topic, :lol:.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm... I thought it was something along the lines of a sports team where Spitfire, Soarin and the others were members of.

Though at first I thought I kept mishearing "wonder bolts" it makes sense that it could also be a mascot.  :muffins:

I agree with Ghostie. Its Canterlot High School's Mascot, :).

Wish my HS had something like that...............b/c we got a blue devil as a mascot and the funny thing about it, everyone acts mean to one another unfortunately.....................................sorry about going off topic, :lol:.

Brookville Blue Devils?

(edited)

Brookville Blue Devils?

Wood-Ridge Blue Devils........we are the "Duke" wannabes, :lol:

Edited by Thunder-Wing

(edited)

I agree with Ghostie.  Its Canterlot High School's Mascot, :)

1: Wondercolts are the School Mascot, usually associated with sports teams.

2: That is so funny, my High School was the Chelsea Red Devils XD

Edited by Sweets

I assumed it was a football/soccer team, but you can't be too sure. As Ghostie said, it's probably their mascot. My school mascot's the Cougars, so I guess Wondercolts could be a mascot as well. It just seems too much like a sports team name.

At the various schools I went to and taught at, the team name usually applies to *all* the sports teams fielded by the school, with an appropriate mascot to match. So the football team, the soccer team (assume USA at the moment), volleyball, etc. would all be 'Wondercolts', and there would be a 'Wally the Wondercolt' mascot or something equally daft.

Of course, some schools only put out one sports team, depending. One school I went to only had a football team. It had 60 team members (I'm not kidding), but technically they were all one team.