Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do I Find the Emoticons When Using a Tablet?

DiscordedBrony
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

So, most of the time, when I'm on the forums I use my tablet (sometimes I use the computer when nobodies there), and I can't seem to find the emoticon bar. Can any of you help me? I'd like to see which emoticons there are and how to make them. I only know how to make five so far.

Hey there, @DiscordedBrony. I'm not sure if this works on the mobile version of the site, but it works on the full version.

To see the list of emoticons, you need to click the smile face button c5a8751cf6.png in the post editor window. That will make the following appear at the bottom of the post:

c80c8e3aa9.png

You can click the "Show All" button to see a list of all of them:

4a7b44f9f3.png

Thanks, SCS :) How do I get to the post editor window?

No problem :) 

You should see it at the bottom of a topic under "Reply to this topic," like so:

369ae1d0e0.png

You can click the Upload Files + More Reply Options button, which looks like this:

88fd40b9c5.png

Which takes you to the main post editor page:

8c9f86e116.png

(edited)

For some reason, it doesn't seem to show on my tablet, but I can still do it on the computer! Thank you so much, SCS!

No problem. :D

That might be happening if you are on the mobile version of the site as opposed to the full version of the site on your tablet. You could try to see if you can access the setting to change it to the full version on your tablet. The setting is at the bottom of the page on any page, and will look like this:

0c36609bbb.png

Make sure it's set to MLP Forums. IP.Board would probably work as well, but I never use that one, personally.

Edited by SCS
Fixed a typo

It is on MLP Forums and not on the mobile site, but the bar still doesn't seem to appear :/ Odd, but don't worry :) I can do it on the computer. Still, thanks a bunch for helping me! At least you showed me how to do it :)

• Brohoof 1

It is on MLP Forums and not on the mobile site, but the bar still doesn't seem to appear :/ Odd, but don't worry :) I can do it on the computer. Still, thanks a bunch for helping me! At least you showed me how to do it :)

No problem, and I'm glad you can at least do this on your computer. :)

It's possible that you might need Flash in order to see the emoticons bar, which could explain why it's not showing up on your tablet. I don't know for sure, though, I'd have to talk to a technical administrator about it.

• Brohoof 1

I think the best thing to do, without much trouble, would be to bookmark the full list of emoticons.

I'm not sure if it's been said on here before, but I believe when you type out the actual text, it will transfer to the pony emoticon when you post your reply. ^^

• Brohoof 1