Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HUB President and CEO steps down

Carbon Maestro

Loesch was known for taking that proactive, creator-driven approach when signing shows for The Hub, rather than either not caring or being a control freak. Her resume outside of the Hub is also notable. It's said that she bought the successful X-Men series for FOX Kids and launched the present-day Hallmark Channel. Wherever she goes is honored to have such a strong presence.

However, I doubt that will change anything in the day-to-day operations of MLP. For that, you'd have to replace everyone at Hasbro corporate, not the Hub Network, which is a subsidiary and half-owned by Discovery. It may change how the Hub chooses which shows to pick up, however I doubt that as they are still a young network and will probably continue their trend of either picking up shows that are part of established franchises or from other countries to save on financial risk versus starting an all-new show based on an original IP.

Oh, please not Nick. Cartoon Network could be okay, but I can see Nick wanting major decreases in quality.

Yeah i can see that theyll most likely resort back to "we want little girls to buy toys not watch the show" aspect which would suck ass. On top of that id rather have Cartoon Network take them then Nick or Disney if we can even call it that anymore.

More than likely this will have little to no impact on the show; especially considering it is the Hub's highest rated show. One of the articles linked on Equestria Daily had mentioned something of an accident she had which ended up with her breaking her collar bone. Could she be leaving for health reasons; maybe?

We cannot really make a judgement on what will happen to hub now, we can only sit back and see what happens, will it be for the best, or a car crash in slow motion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why do I feel like people are still automatically gonna think the worst could happen, like them canceling the show or something or selling it to another network? You know, jumping to conclusions without any real information.

Ok.  I'm going to say something here, and a lot of people on this site won't like it.  But this is the hard truth when it comes to this kind of scenario.

The reason people are worried is because this has happened before with good shows in the past. Some examples are when ABC got a new president and SatAM was cancelled after its second spectacular season, and when changes in upper management resulted in Harry's Law being cancelled, even though it was the second highest-rated show on the network at the time. Something similar also happened to Babylon 5, where they were forced to rush the series to a conclusion with only a few episodes' prior notice. In the case of the first two shows, the production teams didn't have any prior notice that the shows were being cancelled, so they never even had a chance to resolve the plotlines that were established (SatAM in particular had a huge part of the third season outlined already). 

My point is this. People are worried because this has happened before, still happens today, and happens often, seemingly with no regard to ratings. None of us want this to happen, and we're not saying it definitely will. But what we ARE saying is that we should be prepared in case it does happen.

Edited by SBaby