Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HUB President and CEO steps down

Carbon Maestro

(edited)

So today's news, the HUB's founding CEO and President is stepping down.

loesch1__140612023417.png

"Margaret Loesch, who has been with the fledgling network since it's creation back in 2010, has not had her contract renewed for a variety of reasons you can find in the article here."

While I don't think there will be too many changes to MLP specifically, I do think this will affect the near future regarding some of the HUB's business policies. It could be for the better, or for the worse depending on who you talk to.

Edited by Carbon Maestro

Interesting. I haven't much of an idea for the people on the Hub, but I'm not sure what kind of impact this will have. Was Margaret Loesch's policies MAJORLY impacting My Little Pony, or what. I want to follow this development, because, as of right now, MLP could be impacted.

To be honest, as long as I get to see MLP at the current level of quality it's at right now, I'm good. I don't care who's the CEO or where I see it - just as long as I get to see the show maintain quality. 

I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to say that MLP:FiM is keeping the Hub Network afloat right now, either. I don't see very many big changes to the show itself and everything surrounding FiM, just the channel that airs it :D So I think we're all safe for now.

I'm going to follow this regardless, though,  because it does have potential to affect the show.

• Brohoof 2

As of now it is hard to tell whether this is good, bad or will have any effect whatsoever I suppose until I hear anything else I will just assume that things will go on as usual despite this change.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Interesting. I haven't much of an idea for the people on the Hub, but I'm not sure what kind of impact this will have. Was Margaret Loesch's policies MAJORLY impacting My Little Pony, or what. I want to follow this development, because, as of right now, MLP could be impacted.

I concur..........and if that occurs, we got a brony riot on our hooves, :lol:.   I'm definitely following this, b/c i'm curious to see what happens.

Edited by Thunder-Wing
  • Brohoof 1

I concur..........and if that occurs, we got a brony riot on our hooves, :lol:.   I'm definitely following this, b/c i'm curious to see what happens.

Not a big fan of this vid, as I prefer peaceful ponies, but you did mention a Brony riot...

Hmmm I don't really think it will effect the quality of the show that much since mlp is mostly creator driven (unless some new merch needs to be advertised), also it was mainly hasbro not the hub who partially controlls mlp, so don't worry about that much changes. Besides, they wouldn't pull mlp since it brings them in the most money. Also, the only thing that could change is the schedule of the Hub.

• Brohoof 1

If they sign it for Cartoon Network than I'll be one of the happiest guys on earth, since I cannot access HUB. This won't affect the story plotlines, since Cartoon Network has silly, cheesy and crappy cartoons in this decade...

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, well no real information to begin doomsaying yet. But this could result in some interesting changes. And FiM will be fine, as it is run by Hasbro and DHX, and only aired on the hub. So if the Hub goes kaput, I'm sure the most popular children's cartoon in existence right now can find a new place to air on TV.

And with dailymotion, Itunes, torrents, and Hasbro hosting episodes on their own websites, or selling them to you as they premier, you will still be able to find pony.

If they sign it for Cartoon Network than I'll be one of the happiest guys on earth, since I cannot access HUB. This won't affect the story plotlines, since Cartoon Network has silly, cheesy and crappy cartoons in this decade...

I agree, if the show moved to Cartonnetwork, that would make my life, I could watch MLP without my family knowing.

I'm not going to follow it though because I'm lazy.

I agree, if the show moved to Cartonnetwork, that would make my life, I could watch MLP without my family knowing.

I'm not going to follow it though because I'm lazy.

Which is why you turn to youtube to keep up. 

OH NO! DISNEY WILL STEP IN! MY LITTLE POYN WILL BE TURNED INTO A SHOW THAT TEACHES KIDS TO COUNT NUMBERS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AROUND WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! WE'RE DOOMED!!

OH NO! DISNEY WILL STEP IN! MY LITTLE POYN WILL BE TURNED INTO A SHOW THAT TEACHES KIDS TO COUNT NUMBERS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AROUND WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! WE'RE DOOMED!!

But anon, we are disney.

DUN DUN DUNNNN

• Brohoof 1

Which is why you turn to youtube to keep up.

And Dailymotion :3

Hmm, well no real information to begin doomsaying yet. But this could result in some interesting changes. And FiM will be fine, as it is run by Hasbro and DHX, and only aired on the hub. So if the Hub goes kaput, I'm sure the most popular children's cartoon in existence right now can find a new place to air on TV.

And with dailymotion, Itunes, torrents, and Hasbro hosting episodes on their own websites, or selling them to you as they premier, you will still be able to find pony.

U make me feel so safe and reassured.

No! If cannot be! This is blasphemer!

• Brohoof 1

Why do I feel like people are still automatically gonna think the worst could happen, like them canceling the show or something or selling it to another network? You know, jumping to conclusions without any real information.

Why do I feel like people are still automatically gonna think the worst could happen, like them canceling the show or something or selling it to another network? You know, jumping to conclusions without any real information.

I think he was speaking in hyberboly. The Hub doesn't own MLP, it just airs on that channel. It isn't like the walking dead were AMC owns the production and everything surrounding it. So changing what channel it airs on won't really effect it at all, as all the Hub owns is the TV airing rights to it.

• Brohoof 1

If MLP goes away from the hub you know hasbro will just find another network to sign with my guess would be cartoon network or nick.

Oh, please not Nick. Cartoon Network could be okay, but I can see Nick wanting major decreases in quality.

(edited)

That article basically said that MLp is their most successful show. That being that case, I doubt they would fiddle with it too much.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 2

I think he was speaking in hyberboly. The Hub doesn't own MLP, it just airs on that channel. It isn't like the walking dead were AMC owns the production and everything surrounding it. So changing what channel it airs on won't really effect it at all, as all the Hub owns is the TV airing rights to it.

Oh. So that's one less problem to worry about. But still. I hope if anything cartoon network airs it. having it on Nick would suck because I don't watch a lot of shows on there and it would suck if it was on Disney because I don't like them and I literally watch like five shows on their channel so nope.

• Brohoof 1

Alfred Khan is becoming CEO. Tartarus changed to the Shadow Realm. Chrysalis legs are filled in. Airbrushed pony flanks with less defined haunches. Lesson Zero about 9 minutes long.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt this will affect anything. from what I know stuff like this doesn't affect the "everyday world" just the "CEO world" for the most part. now I am by no means a business pony I am a martial arts pony. But a friend of mine works for a store and said store got bought out by another bigger store and people were worried they would close down the store in town. my friend was right in that it all was in "CEO world" and nothing has changed in said store they are still called the same name and such.