Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Room for Rent OOC - (Closed)

Wolfe

(edited)

Uh, @@Wolfe, my man. I know this is off-topic, but...

I know you were in a RP called 'Shifted' a couple years back. Do you think you could PM me a summary of everything that happened in it? I know the human-to-pony part, but what happened besides that?

BTW, @Scribblegroove, I saw your genderbent OC. Me likeh!

Edited by Blue Eclipse

@

Probably posting late tomorrow. Sorry, got snowed under majorly with IRL work. 

That said, I'm being a bit cautious about pacing... The four of us can't just leave everyone else behind, they need a chance to post too.

@@Scribblegroove

For reference: 'Prance horn' was the best thing I could come up with for a ponified version of a 'French horn', haha. (Though Kay's resembles a Vienna horn more than a modern French horn.)

@

I considered Prench, but 'Prance' just sounded better... 'prancing' being something ponies do. (And the horn can be a 'prancy' sort of instrument, haha.)

@

Haha, tempting as that is, Kay Dreamer and Scribblegroove are both ponysonas as much as they are OC's. I don't know about Scribble, but me shipping Kay Dreamer with anyone (beyond the unconscious flirting she always tends to exhibit) would just feel totally strange. I'm down with shipping Dusty, or other possible future OC's I create... But I just couldn't do it with Kay!

Though you are free to have Anala attempt to play matchmaker if you think she'd try something like that. The results could be utterly hilarious. (Horribly uncomfortable for poor Kay... but still utterly hilarious.)

@

If it's not something you think she'd do, don't worry. (I recall her being totally oblivious in these matters.) But at the same time, she strikes me as the kind of mare who'd shove both of them into a swan boat ride with a smart comment too. xD

(edited)

@@Kay Dreamer,

That sounds like exactly the kind of thing she'd do. She can manipulate minds like CPU boards, shaping and shifting every nook and cranny until it works how she wants it to.

So what does 'playing matchmaker' involve?

(This question had better be worth it because I typed (a variation of) the word 'shifted' to ask it  :P)

Edited by Blue Eclipse

@

Basically, the above. Just... doing things designed to get them together. (It'd be like if I organised to go get coffee with two friends, then bailed on them after 5 minutes so they were left alone. That kinda stuff.) 

Though keep in mind, she'll wind up with a stern talking to from Kay (and probably Scribble as well) if she keeps at it too long, haha.

@

@@Kay Dreamer 

Even though it seems like a match that fits, I think it's mainly their taste for music. Scribblegroove is too much of an elitist, and Kay is a little too hyperactive. Anyway, it would always open up some very interesting rp potentials. Countless of hillarious situations could evolve from something like Anala attempting to couple Kay and Scribble... But I suppose it eventually won't work out. If not for OOC reasons, such as the initial awkwardness that two ponysona OC's are getting shipped (which ultimately leads to comparisons with real life), then for IC reasons, such as Kay being completely oblivious and Scribblegroove acting strange in intimate social interactions...

But let's be honest here... Have you never thought of shipping Kay and Scribble? Maybe it's because I'm weird but I've already imagined it once or twice...

@

I don't want to harm your feelings, but the chances that Scribble and Anala get into a relationship is very small. Scribblegroove is too much of a... I can't find a different word for it... rarity-like personality, and yours too much of an applejackish... If that comparison doesn't ring a few bells I don't know what does. :3 

@

I'd rather not scar my innocence by doing something like that. Then I'd have to get myself some ice-cream to restore the youthful pureness that you have affected with your filthy disease... I like strawberries :3. But anyway, it doesn't matter what others think, I believe that Anala and Scribble wouldn't fit together (however in roleplay you can ship anybody no matter how unlikely it is... It just won't feel realistic, and that ruins most of the fun for me.)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

But let's be honest here... Have you never thought of shipping Kay and Scribble? Maybe it's because I'm weird but I've already imagined it once or twice...

Gotta admit... I totally have. I mean, a good 50% of their interactions are very much of the will-they-won't-they variety you see in modern media everywhere. (And it's so much fun to write! Kay is a pony who flirts without meaning to, or realising she's doing it, which only serves to make it worse.)

Honestly, I can imagine their friendship being the sort that ends up growing into something very comfortable over the passing years - possibly into a relationship by complete accident once they've both matured a whole lot. Or maybe not, and they're just two ponies who acknowledge that potential but realise it probably wouldn't work and are content to just be really good friends. (I know plenty of people like that. Hell, I have plenty of friendships like that!)

Kay Dreamer's problem is the one she shares with me; she's far too independent, and very much a free spirit. Since she's based on a slightly younger version of myself, and I'm still like that, it's probably not likely to change for her in the immediate future.

I see somepony hasn't Googled 'Rarijack'.

I'd see those two more like Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Anala's too mischievous to be like Applejack. ;P

Edited by Kay Dreamer

@@Kay Dreamer

I can see them have a short relationship and eventually part ways happily, both of them acknowledging that it is the best thing to do. Something like a summer romance. I mean, Kay is going to start travelling a whole lot again, and so is Scribble, but chances are that they will go in completely different dire- HOLD YOUR HORSES...

I just came up with something as I am writing this (and decided to keep it this way for extra dramatic effect :3) if Kay travels along with Scribble while he visits all these professional performers and music teachers, she could tag along with whatever he is learning, and if she's not interested walk around town and go see whatever cool stuff there is. That would work... Right?

But I guess it will be up to the infinite probability of the future to decide...