Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Room for Rent OOC - (Closed)

Wolfe

Not a problem with me! Just... yeah, apologies in advance for her behaviour. :o

As for editing her profile, I'll see what I can do when I'm at a computer - its a nightmare from my phone.

If anything, I can have a separate list on the OOC of everyone's jobs, a small desc, and where they live just so it's not much trouble. I haven't done much in the RP department on the site in a while, but I've been working on this RP for some time. So figuring about the EQW thing is something different.

Oh dear lord, it has taken me 4 different devices, a mother, turning the Internet on and off again for 2 hours, and a whole lot of bollocking stress to just get here on my iPod.

I would like to enter this rp, I have an entire post written up with all the details, which I may have to get a friend of mine to post for me. But it has taken me quite the great effort to get here, and hopefully next time I'll be able to catch the damn Internet at the right time.

hello Random people i am a friend of rascals and she personally asked me to post this since she's having technical difficulties at the moment mlp forums at the moment. 

Oh, seeing the first couple of posts in this thread definatly made me smile. 

I would love to join in with this Slice of life with Time Scribe, who lives here.
A couple of rps with this fella of mine would here, here and here. Though some more rps that I'm a little more proud of are here and here.

For certain reasons, that the forum is stopping me, I can't put anything into the other section. But I'll add it here anyway.

Time Scribe works as a Journalist, while trying to strive to finish writing and publish his first ever novel, and possibly short story series. He moved from Canterlot to the big city of Manehatten, though of course most of his work is in Bucklyn. 
He mainly works as a freelance journalist for the Manes Daily, but he also works as a representative for the Canterlot Daily, in which he plays a major role. Things are booming in Manehatten, so it was natural to send one of the Canterlot Daily's best to get the best scoop possible. He does the large and big news for the Canterlot daily, along with a small article where he just showcases interviews with important members of the community. While for the Manes he does freelance and help around the place. 
He get's paid quite well, working for both newspapers and being a better paying job in the Canterlot Daily. 
For a typical work day, Time would mainly explore the city to find new things to write about, go talk to other ponies and the like, understand the city better, and mainly just collects information to use later. He would then go home, relax and enjoy the small things, and then go to writing up either drafts for his articles in the two newspapers, or contuine writing on his novel. 
On some days, he actually goes to the Manes Daily building and do work in there, mainly typing stuff up for the paper and doing other small paper work. 

I hope I can be accepted, I loved being with ya in that Shifted rp, and I'm glad that I'm all better now to rp with you again.
[8:41:03 PM] Koschei (Rascal): Oh, seeing the first couple of posts in this thread definatly made me smile. 

I would love to join in with this Slice of life with Time Scribe, who lives here.
A couple of rps with this fella of mine would be here.
Though some more rps that I'm a different character would be here

For certain reasons, that the forum is stopping me, I can't put anything into the other section. But I'll add it here anyway.

Time Scribe works as a Journalist, while trying to strive to finish writing and publish his first ever novel, and possibly short story series. He moved from Canterlot to the big city of Manehatten, though of course most of his work is in Bucklyn. 
He mainly works as a freelance journalist for the Manes Daily, but he also works as a representative for the Canterlot Daily, in which he plays a major role. Things are booming in Manehatten, so it was natural to send one of the Canterlot Daily's best to get the best scoop possible. He does the large and big news for the Canterlot daily, along with a small article where he just showcases interviews with important members of the community. While for the Manes he does freelance and help around the place. 
He get's paid quite well, working for both newspapers and being a better paying job in the Canterlot Daily. 
For a typical work day, Time would mainly explore the city to find new things to write about, go talk to other ponies and the like, understand the city better, and mainly just collects information to use later. He would then go home, relax and enjoy the small things, and then go to writing up either drafts for his articles in the two newspapers, or contuine writing on his novel. 
On some days, he actually goes to the Manes Daily building and do work in there, mainly typing stuff up for the paper and doing other small paper work. 

I hope I can be accepted, I loved being with ya in that Shifted rp, and I'm glad that I'm all better now to rp with you again.
Koschei (Rascal)

http://mlpforums.com/page/eqw-characters/_/approved/time-scribe-r171

Accepted!

Seeing that a number of people have characters that are from the EQW section, I'm just gonna make a small section on the OOC instead. I'm just gonna need to pool everyone's info. If I knew about this EQW thing sooner, I might have done something else about it.

Also, SCRIBE DOESN'T LIKE COFFEE? CONSEQUENCES, YOUNG MAN.

If you'll let me I'd like to give this a try with my OC Rag Stitch. And if you say yes I'd like to put him in Bucklyn.

His job will be working in a small thrift shop where he stitches up old clothing and such. His shift is from 3:24 AM to 9:00 PM. 

To be honest I never really got to RP with him much cause usually the RP just dies. But here are some I've done with my other OCs.

Free-time in Fillydelphia  - http://mlpforums.com/topic/83742-free-time-in-fillydelphia/

Love's flowers bloom- http://mlpforums.com/topic/77973-loves-flowers-bloom/

Fall into insanity  -http://mlpforums.com/topic/75962-fall-into-insanity-reboot/

I really hope you give me a shot

That's over 18 hours a day! Counting 5 hours of sleep and then travel time... he doesn't got out much, does he? XD

@,

Yep. He's a little like Fluttershy. But he has Fridays and weekends off.

18 hours does seem like a lot in a day, even with breaks in the day. I would suggest shortening that up. If you're stuck in the shop all day, you won't really be interacting with other players in the RP. You'll be typically in the shop, going to sleep, and then repeating the steps for the week until Friday and the weekend, at least from a hypothetical standpoint. That's half the week in boredom RPing w/ yourself. Again, this is just a guess of mine and I only suggest shortening it to some 8 or 10 hour work day or however you see fit, not demanding a change.

I'm also stiff iffy on your application. I feel the writing can use some improvement, whether it's in terms of grammar/spelling or in detail expansion.

Also, a question to everyone, since we're getting closer to the start of this RP. Would you guys prefer the RP to start with some big event to allow all your characters to meet up somehow, like a carnival or a New York Marathon-esque kinda thing, or something similar? Or would you prefer to start wherever/however you please?

@@Wolfe,

I understand, my spelling and grammar wasn't always good but I am getting better.  I think RPing helps me with it. And how about I set hi works hours to 7 to 9. And he lives in a small apartment above the shop. But he like to spend time outside to take in the sights, so he might run into other OCs and whatnot.

(edited)

Scribblegroove is currently in Manehatten for a few weeks, getting some serious private training from a great old gryphon pianist called Bentwing Zephner every other day. However, from the late afternoon to the evening and both in fridays and weekends he is free from studies. In these times he goes around town to see what kind of amazing town Manehatten actually is.

I'm not sure, but he could be one of the muscisians that regulary plays in Java for only these few weeks...

It would allow me and Scarlet to meet up again :D ( @,  C:<)

I don't know how famous he is allowed to be, but if there is no limit:

He is fairly known in Canterlot itself. He does concerts in the Canterlot conservatory regulary and lots of ponies come to those performances (mostly because they are cheap). Outside of it he has a few fans, and he is sometimes mentioned in local newspapers' advertisements when he is in town. However, he is not world famous in the slightest. Not many ponies listen Jazz that much anyway. The ones that do listen to jazz fanatically would recognize him, but that's it. (your character Java Blend would know him)

Please inform me if any of this is incorrect:

Links:

Against the crown:

OOC: http://mlpforums.com...n/#entry2538667

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/95229-against-the-crown-rp-darkbetrayal/

Casual Baltimare RP:

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/94090-casual-baltimare-rp-reboot-ooc/

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/94503-casual-baltimare-rp-reboot/

That shrinking feeling:

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/96354-that-shrinking-feeling-adventure/

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/96471-that-shrinking-feeling/

P.S: I prize myself for my ability to make huge posts when I put myself to it. My biggest up until now has been over 7000 characters :3

EDIT:

You could start the rp with a party at Java. Scarlet would be there because she works there, Time Scribe would be there to capture a story about the grand feast, Scribblegroove could be there to perform, and Kay would be there to listen. Obviously Java blend would be there as well.

just a suggestion

Edited by Scribblegroove

Also, SCRIBE DOESN'T LIKE COFFEE? CONSEQUENCES, YOUNG MAN.

In contrast, I too have a character called Scribe, who is absolutely addicted to the stuff...

It's a strange world. :P

Anywho! I think that Scribbles idea works pretty well: the coffee place could be a kind of focal point of the RP - a central theme where folks can meet and so on until they better establish themselves.

@@Wolfe,

I understand, my spelling and grammar wasn't always good but I am getting better.  I think RPing helps me with it. And how about I set hi works hours to 7 to 9. And he lives in a small apartment above the shop. But he like to spend time outside to take in the sights, so he might run into other OCs and whatnot.

7AM to 9PM? Just want to get some clarification on that.

Scribblegroove is currently in Manehatten for a few weeks, getting some serious private training from a great old gryphon pianist called Bentwing Zephner every other day. However, from the late afternoon to the evening and both in fridays and weekends he is free from studies. In these times he goes around town to see what kind of amazing town Manehatten actually is.

I'm not sure, but he could be one of the muscisians that regulary plays in Java for only these few weeks...

It would allow me and Scarlet to meet up again :D ( @,  C:<)

I don't know how famous he is allowed to be, but if there is no limit:

He is fairly known in Canterlot itself. He does concerts in the Canterlot conservatory regulary and lots of ponies come to those performances (mostly because they are cheap). Outside of it he has a few fans, and he is sometimes mentioned in local newspapers' advertisements when he is in town. However, he is not world famous in the slightest. Not many ponies listen Jazz that much anyway. The ones that do listen to jazz fanatically would recognize him, but that's it. (your character Java Blend would know him)

Please inform me if any of this is incorrect:

Links:

Against the crown:

OOC: http://mlpforums.com...n/#entry2538667

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/95229-against-the-crown-rp-darkbetrayal/

Casual Baltimare RP:

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/94090-casual-baltimare-rp-reboot-ooc/

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/94503-casual-baltimare-rp-reboot/

That shrinking feeling:

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/96354-that-shrinking-feeling-adventure/

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/96471-that-shrinking-feeling/

P.S: I prize myself for my ability to make huge posts when I put myself to it. My biggest up until now has been over 7000 characters :3

EDIT:

You could start the rp with a party at Java. Scarlet would be there because she works there, Time Scribe would be there to capture a story about the grand feast, Scribblegroove could be there to perform, and Kay would be there to listen. Obviously Java blend would be there as well.

just a suggestion

You forgot to link your character, but if it's this one that I had to do some searching for: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/scribblegroove-r5437, then...

Accepted

That sounds like a good idea. I've got something I could work as for some event. As for the info about Scribble, all of that seems fine and dandy. I can work with it! Java would probably know Scribble through Bentwing Zephner though.

In contrast, I too have a character called Scribe, who is absolutely addicted to the stuff...

It's a strange world. :P

Anywho! I think that Scribbles idea works pretty well: the coffee place could be a kind of focal point of the RP - a central theme where folks can meet and so on until they better establish themselves.

Sounds like a plan then!

Okay, here we go: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/missy-starlight-rfr-rp-r6636

Just tell me any details I may have missed out and I'll add them in, and i was in the RP, The Trotting Dead, so that should give you all you need to know about my commitment to an RP.

Well, after searching through the forums and finding The Trotting Dead (2 instances that you were in it), it isn't necessarily commitment I'm looking for, though I am hoping for commitment from people. It's more in the quality of people's posts that I'm looking for. Your character sheet is very barren of details, so with what I've seen, I'm unfortunately going to have to deny you from entry into this RP. It's nothing personal; just need people who can show a level of quality, detail, and breadth in their posts.

@@Wolfe,

That's right.

Alrighty then. For now,

Accepted

Though in the RP, I would like to see a bit more detail and care within your writing.

Side note for everyone within the RP, I'll just let someone know in OOC if I see your writing starting to slack or worsen or anything of the sort.

(edited)

Yeah, the EQE editing thing is somewhat frustrating. I totally understand why it's in place, but there's a few things I'd love to clarify, add or touch up with my characters. It's not easy to do that as it stands. (And I don't want to ask for them to be put back into the unaccepted section just for a few tiny tweaks.)

As a Royal Minstrel of the Crystal Empire, Kay Dreamer still believes it is her duty to travel to every Equestrian city, no matter how strange and new, spreading the lost history and culture of her people through her music. It's taken her a while to work herself up to this particular city; she's been told by many ponies that Manehattan is the largest and most modern of all the modern cities in Equestria. Kay is still very much lost when it comes to the modern world, but she is curious about it. (When she travelled Equestria one thousand years ago, Manehattan didn't even exist.) She's equal parts excited and intimidated by the strange environment around her.

She's staying at a smaller hotel in Manehattan, just off Bridleway and across from Central Park. (I've heard the term Bridleway used for Broadway before, I hope you don't mind it used here?) The hotel owners have agreed that she may stay for free in return for her entertaining the other guests in the evenings. She'll play and sing from about 6pm to 8pm most evenings, while her days remain free to explore and perform elsewhere in the city. (She fetches a fair few bits busking in Central Park, though she usually ventures further. There's so much she wants to see and experience.)

Also, Kay Dreamer avoids trains like the plague unless there's absolutely no other way to get somewhere. She much prefers to walk. She can handle the open air rail cars though, because they're slower and there's a nice breeze. (Rather ironic, since she's basically my ponysona and I love trains; but hey, trains didn't exist 1000 years ago. Stands to reason she'd get motion sickness from them!)

I love the image you chose for the railcars, by the way. A lot of people don't seem to notice how the technology and architecture of MLP mostly reflect a 1920's kind of era. (Hell, Flim and Flam just ooze it.) The 20's are one of my favourite historical eras, and that railcar is just perfect.

Edited by Kay Dreamer
  • Brohoof 1

Also, a question to everyone, since we're getting closer to the start of this RP. Would you guys prefer the RP to start with some big event to allow all your characters to meet up somehow, like a carnival or a New York Marathon-esque kinda thing, or something similar? Or would you prefer to start wherever/however you please?

I think everyone just ending up in Java would be a good place to be, we all have our workings hours and days in which we may encounter any of the others on our travels, or just through work. But a nice place to drink a good cuppa and eventually become friends with the others sounds good. Kinda like Cheers, maybe we all decide to go small events along the way or something

(edited)

I think everyone just ending up in Java would be a good place to be, we all have our workings hours and days in which we may encounter any of the others on our travels, or just through work. But a nice place to drink a good cuppa and eventually become friends with the others sounds good. Kinda like Cheers, maybe we all decide to go small events along the way or something

I definitely like the idea of having a 'home base' kind of thing with the cafe. They can plan other excursions from there.

Kay's performances at the hotel she's staying at would mean she'd show up at the cafe around 9:30/10pm. (At least I'm in the right borough to get there reasonably quickly.) @@Wolfe, I don't know the layout of New York City; how far away would the location of Java's club be from Broadway/Central park?

@@Scribblegroove,

Sounds good to me! I'll swing you a message when I get home this arvo. 

Edited by Kay Dreamer

(edited)

Yeah, the EQE editing thing is somewhat frustrating. I totally understand why it's in place, but there's a few things I'd love to clarify, add or touch up with my characters. It's not easy to do that as it stands. (And I don't want to ask for them to be put back into the unaccepted section just for a few tiny tweaks.)

As a Royal Minstrel of the Crystal Empire, Kay Dreamer still believes it is her duty to travel to every Equestrian city, no matter how strange and new, spreading the lost history and culture of her people through her music. It's taken her a while to work herself up to this particular city; she's been told by many ponies that Manehattan is the largest and most modern of all the modern cities in Equestria. Kay is still very much lost when it comes to the modern world, but she is curious about it. (When she travelled Equestria one thousand years ago, Manehattan didn't even exist.) She's equal parts excited and intimidated by the strange environment around her.

She's staying at a smaller hotel in Manehattan, just off Bridleway and across from Central Park. (I've heard the term Bridleway used for Broadway before, I hope you don't mind it used here?) The hotel owners have agreed that she may stay for free in return for her entertaining the other guests in the evenings. She'll play and sing from about 6pm to 8pm most evenings, while her days remain free to explore and perform elsewhere in the city. (She fetches a fair few bits busking in Central Park, though she usually ventures further. There's so much she wants to see and experience.)

Also, Kay Dreamer avoids trains like the plague unless there's absolutely no other way to get somewhere. She much prefers to walk. She can handle the open air rail cars though, because they're slower and there's a nice breeze. (Rather ironic, since she's basically my ponysona and I love trains; but hey, trains didn't exist 1000 years ago. Stands to reason she'd get motion sickness from them!)

I love the image you chose for the railcars, by the way. A lot of people don't seem to notice how the technology and architecture of MLP mostly reflect a 1920's kind of era. (Hell, Flim and Flam just ooze it.) The 20's are one of my favourite historical eras, and that railcar is just perfect.

I don't mind Bridleway. Remember this is New Mane City and not New York City. It totally uses MLP's versions of things, so I recommend everyone go wild with pony names for places all around! If anything, I'll make a list of established locations in the OOC so everyone knows what has been named/labeled for ease of access.

As for the railcars, thank you! When I was in my brainstorming phase, I had to think of a way to transform New York's modern setting into an older styled MLP setting, that is, the way the show portrays its technology and advancements. A lot of though was going into what subways and buses would be like where technology was limited BUT magic was MAXIMIZED. The railcars have the old 1920s style, like you said, but they have the magically-conductive bottom rail, so there's a means of it moving about.

As for the trains, I didn't want coal because of the smog/pollution it would create, especially in an underground tunnel. That'd be horrible. I opted for steam trains because water and it sounds more healthier for the environment. What I hadn't mentioned was that one idea I had for the tunnels and train stations was that they would be lit by varying sizes of glowing gemstones and the sort. Candles would eventually burn out and it'd be a nightmare for a pony to relight every candle. ESPECIALLY with wizzing trains passing by.

Even the MetroCards had to be thought about for some time. I thought that the black strip of a MetroCard (As inspired by NY's MetroCard: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/NYC_MetroCard_cropped.jpg) would have magical properites such that unicorns charging such cards could empower them and would have a varying effect. As explained on the first page, the strip can hold all 3 charges, but it's more stable with the orange than it is with blue or green, sorta like a half-life of a chemical. The strip and orange charge are perfect matches, but the blue and green can still be held, albeit with varying decays.

I thought a lot to keep this within the realm of what could hypothetically work within the MLPverse. @_@

I definitely like the idea of having a 'home base' kind of thing with the cafe. They can plan other excursions from there.

Kay's performances at the hotel she's staying at would mean she'd show up at the cafe around 9:30/10pm. (At least I'm in the right borough to get there reasonably quickly.) @@Wolfe, I don't know the layout of New York City; how far away would the location of Java's club be from Broadway/Central park?

@@Scribblegroove,

Sounds good to me! I'll swing you a message when I get home this arvo. 

Funny thing was I originally thought of having the RP solely within The Brew, but some people I talked to thought it was very limiting, and I got the idea of expanding it to all 5 boroughs of New York, but in a MLP setting, of course. You can probably look at New York City/New Mane City with the same geographical layout, but as for streets, I'm letting everyone take creative control in what street they'd like to be, where their job is, what some specific names for places/jobs/businesses/etc are.

In terms of Manehattan's place, The Brew is probably in central Manehattan, east side, near the riverside. That'd be a few blocks away from the center east side of Central Park. There's a park nearby in Manhattan named Carl Schurz Park, but for story purposes, I'll have that listed as a cemetery; the cemetery where Java Blend's father is buried. So The Brew will be a few blocks from the cemetery.

EDIT: Also, would you guys prefer to start the RP with our 6 people or would you like to wait a bit more?

Edited by Wolfe