Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Room for Rent OOC - (Closed)

Wolfe

@

I don't necessarily mean standing up, I mean moving around. If the mugger(s) is/are moving to you, then you'd have a tougher time with mobility than a unicorn archer, for example. You might be able to take a shot, but in a close distance engagement, like a back-alley, there's not much room for error, nor is there much room to be had.

@@Wolfe,

Okay, I guess I'd resign Anala to the mugging if the circumstances require it.

Here's a possible scenario:

At a restaurant, even though she has money, she says she doesn't and asks someone else to pay for her. (She's manipulative like that)

She gets mugged and hands over her cash.

Other pony: Waaait, you said you didn't have any cash!

@@Dovashy,

G'luck with that. Anala would just call your OC 'weak' and 'pathetic', shove her out of the way, and move on.

Note: That doesn't represent my opinion of your OC, that's just how Anala would treat her. She'd be soft and show sympathy for your OC if your OC was being nice, but if your OC had malicious intentions, Anala would be cold and cruel.

@,

PHEW. I first read it as redesign. Second time around, I read resign. Good thing I read it twice. But yeah, remember the situation is something you act out. It's up to you to portray how the scene would look like, at least for now. Still thinking about those bare bones description requirements.

@@Dovashy,

That's actually a possibility. I would say it could be so if you and the character who was rolled the mugging were in the same borough, then you can perform the mugging. That's a nice idea, Dovashy! That'd have to be a lucky roll, though.

@, @@Dovashy,  

Please stay on topic, guys. A PM is the best place for any discussion not directly linked to the RP.

By the way, Eclipse, Scribble and I have both posted if you hadn't read those yet.

:)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

:angry: Accidentally obliterated my post with an accidental click of a link. Have to start from scratch.  :(

Yes, I still need to catch up on those posts, I'll be posting as soon as i'm done with this other post. 

Edited by Dovashy

@@Dovashy,

These forums autosave posts. Head into the Advanced Editor and see if you can retrieve it. I've had the very thing you just described happen to me a few times!

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Dovashy,  

Please stay on topic, guys. A PM is the best place for any discussion not directly linked to the RP.

By the way, Eclipse, Scribble and I have both posted if you hadn't read those yet.

:)

Reaction to both sentences:

DANGIT! I need to be paying attention!

@@Kay Dreamer,

@@Scribblegroove,

Uh, BTW guys, can I ask of one of you a bit of an unusual request? Over PM?

@,

Dunno about Scribble, but... fire away?

Regarding the Neightendo Gamecolt... I'm not sure how to have Kay Dreamer react to that. (Though I love the name, haha.) We've never seen technology that advanced in the TV show, beyond early coin-operated arcade machines. (Remember, the tech level of MLP is a long way behind ours. Mostly 1920's-1940's, with a few random elements from the 60's and 70's. Gramophones are still considered new, and Vinyl Scratch's sound system is almost certainly powered by her own magic.) Honestly, I think Anala would be better off asking Kay is she's ever played 'Pac-Pony' and offering to take her to an arcade, because Kay Dreamer getting angry at arcade games would be a very funny thing to see. xD

@@Wolfe,

Throwing that over to you. Given that we seem to be sticking to the tech level as seen in the TV show, what do you think?

@,

It's up you you and Wolfe. We're not in EqE and I'm not the DM. I'm just a pernickety old fogey who likes keeping things canon as much as possible, haha.

Arcade games would just mesh better with the universe as we've seen it so far. I know this is not the EqE section, but sticking to canon has it's own rewards in forcing you to think outside the box regarding what is and isn't possible. That's why I enjoy it so much. =D

@@Kay Dreamer

Yeah. The tech level is in an odd place for where its at. After searching up Button Mash, since that's the only point of reference I know of him using an arcade machine, found that arcades machines were shown in Hearts and Hooves Day.Jeez my memory's off. Technology is weird since a good amount of it is in the early 1900s, but there's DJ machines and arcade machines while could be found in the 1970s/1980s.

I also like sticking to canon as much as possible. The limitations might seem annoying at first, but it really does set the ground of what's possible and what's not possible. It also sets your imagination in motion to try and figure out what's do-able despite it never being done/seen before. It bleeds into how I like to make characters for some other RPs. Typically in human RPs, I like to make underpowered or average/regular characters. It's a way to prevent myself from having too much power from the get-go as well as allow my character to grow, both in strength, but in character and personal growth as well. It's also a way to figure out how to play with my character's strengths and weaknesses to counter the situations he or she is in.

@

As for the Neightendo Gamecolt, I'll ask that you change or remove it since the setting here is trying to fit MLP's standards. I don't think the ponies have gotten that far in technology yet to have hoofheld consoles. For the sake of non-complications, things shown from Button's Adventures cannot be used in this RP aside from arcade machines, since they've been shown in the show.