Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want to see an actual FIM movie.

Justin_Case001

Surprisingly, I didn't see a thread on this.

At some point, I really want to see a proper MLP:FIM movie.  Not more EG, but an actual FIM movie, taking place in Equestria.  Basically just a full-length, 1.5+ hour episode with an awesome, epic plot.  Not a spin-off, but something that fits into the show.  Honestly, I'm a little surprised and disappointed that they're making EG2 before doing a real MLP movie.  I hope we get one at some point.  Granted, four seasons isn't that many, so they've got time.  But I'm worried that all they're going to do is beat EG into the ground.

• Brohoof 16

(edited)

I used to, but the more I think about it, the more I like just dumping movie-sized budgets into the season open/end episodes. Movies have to be somewhat self-contained, but episodes can have lasting effects on the story and characters, and tie in with other episodes of the season. And if Equestria Girls is anything to go by, the animation quality wouldn't change in a movie anyway.

Twilight's ascension definitely should have been treated more like a movie rather than cramming it into one episode and not having time to give her a choice in the matter or explain the history of the alicorns or anything.

I'd kind of like to see a 3 part episode at some point. They've been doing great with the two parters, but variety is always good, and it would be cool to have a story where it really feels like a lot of in-world time has passed.

Edited by dekutree64

I would too, and I suspect they will, but probably not until the series itself ends. (If they wanted to do something really epic, they might make a movie as the series finale, but it won't be until the series is or is close to being wrapped up.)

• Brohoof 1

I'd absolutely love to see a full-length movie. Similarly to season openings and finales, i would imagine a movie (which would probably be longer) will allow for a lot of extrapolation and story development - and by that i mean in Equestria, with ponies (the setting that everyone loved, anyway).

• Brohoof 1

I think twilight's kingdom was just about a movie. it had the epic story and passing of a movie. if it was a 3 part episode, I would have gone to the movies and payed money to see it and been happy about it.

• Brohoof 2

I really want one, but I'll be patient since I'm 99.99% convinced it's going to happen sooner or later. Perhaps the return of Tirek later down the road? That'd be pretty snazzy, depending on how they do it.

But yeah, gonna happen, but don't know when  :muffins:

Even my husband who's not a brony, is surprised there's not been an actual Pony movie yet. He knows about EQ so he's shocked as to why they bother with that when everyone knows we want ponies!

But ya he says we're only 4 seasons in, they might want to do one after season 5. That is a hopeful thought, but who knows what would happen.

I wonder what kind of movie it would be though. I would think it may have some bigger, evil force thats not threatening just one location...but the entire world of Equestria! And it takes the effort of all the famed 6, all the alicorns, maybe a small army and discord. That'd be ba.

I've wanted a pony movie since the day I became a pegasister. I'm surprised that they've not made one yet. Hasbro would probably make a lot of money... I hope they're planning on doing one after season 5 or something. :3

I wonder what kind of movie it would be though. I would think it may have some bigger, evil force thats not threatening just one location...but the entire world of Equestria! And it takes the effort of all the famed 6, all the alicorns, maybe a small army and discord. That'd be ba.

Oh god. If they do that, i will cry........b/c my fan film is based on that.  :(

They're making an EG 2? Huh, disappointing but not unexpected. Let's face it, the only reason EG is a thing is to sell toys, and I personally hold MLP to a much higher standard than being an animated advertisement. That being said, I predict that at some point a proper MLP movie will be made. 

It makes sense, Hasbro is more than aware of our existence and probably aware that EG doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of praise from us as the main series. There's money in it, not only from us bronies but also from the "intended" audience. I'm willing to bet that a proper MLP movie would make a decent amount more at the box office (if it were to be shown in theaters, of course) than either of the EG films. However, I'd like a movie to be the way FIM ends; A 1.5 hour, epic love-letter and "thank you" to us fans. 

That would be a great opportunity to resolve some present plot threads while setting up more for the future. Give the CMC their marks, let Spike discover his past, give Twilight a challenge as a princess, while maybe challenging her friendships. The end of S5 would be the perfect opportunity.

Another possibility would be to end G5 altogether with a proper FiM movie.

Hasbro.

img-2749935-1-mlp_fim_the_movie_by_deldi

Give.Movie.To.Us.Nao

I really like that movie cover art, just saying, Idk why.

And I think we all have been wanting one since Equestria Girls. 

I mean I like Equestria Girls and all, but I still want to see what they could do with a movie based in Equestria not just Equestria Girls type of thing.

• Brohoof 2

You mean make a movie that would be loved, and people would enjoy watching? And it is a FiM movie that involves ponies?

Nah, Hasbro won't greenlight it until they are starving for money.

But I would pay full admission price to go see it, multiple times.

• Brohoof 2

I'm on the fence about any movie adaptation. I would't mind it, but I'm in no hurry for it as expectations would be ridiculously over done.