Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Invincible

Might i add - Notice how Cadence and Luna were tasked to help Twilight reverse Inspired Rarity's magic - I'm not sure but perhaps this means Alicorn magic is required to reverse that kind of magic.

So trapping somepony in a crystal prison.basically leaving them to either be saved by a high level magic user(Twilight) or left to die isn't hurting any pony? 

You don't have to be 'aware' of your injury and harm to others,especially if your mind has been driven to no longer care about anyone else but your sense of 'fashion',which is by the way subjective and capable of changing at a drop of a hat. 'Fashion' doesn't have to be safe.

Unless I am wrong, it is all about unintended consequences due to not thinking about others at all. I still think Rarity wouldn't formally wish to create a weapon to impose harm on others. She still loses because she won't fight. Evil Trixie will use her weapon to cause pain and suffering very easily and will not think twice about it.

Unless I am wrong, it is all about unintended consequences due to not thinking about others at all. I still think Rarity wouldn't formally wish to create a weapon to impose harm on others. She still loses because she won't fight. Evil Trixie will use her weapon to cause pain and suffering very easily and will not think twice about it.

And what evidence do you have that Trixie would cause pain and suffering

Also of course Rarity won't 'fight',instantly giving your opponent a lobotomy isn't much of a fight at all.

How would you know what her definition of 'harm' would be at that point? We saw clearly in Inspiration Manifestation that she was in short; losing it. 

And what evidence do you have that Trixie would cause pain and suffering?

Also of course Rarity won't 'fight',instantly giving your opponent a lobotomy isn't much of a fight at all. How would you know what her definition of 'harm' would be at that point? We saw clearly in Inspiration Manifestation that she was in short; losing it.

There is no reason to think that she is capable of wanting to use her magic to intentionally harm or disable another pony, even in the state she was in. Everything that ended up harming another pony was done without her care or intent such as when she blinded everypony by turning the streets into gold. Unless harm is done as a result of her desire to beautify the world, I think it may be very unlikely to occur as that was her only desire.

(edited)

Mmh ok, fair enough.

I don't know if she can win with that though. It would be interesting to see that. :lol:

And yeah by offensively, I meant if she can use it to fight with lasers etc.

I was pretty much saying that she is limited to creating fabulous things and that whatever she creates has to be a weapon either offensively or defensively in order for her to fight trixie, otherwise trixie has no such limitation and can just use whatever offensive spell she wants. I.E. Rare has to make a fabulous spear, whereas trixie can just turn the ground under rare's hooves to lava. Sorry to say but the factors are against my waifu and trixie has the advantage just because of the lack of the "fabu" limitation.

P.S. What I'm saying is trixie has more factors aligned with her but those factors may not lead her to victory and that even with her disadvantage my waifu has a chance of winning. Trust me on this one, factors are my thing. 

Edited by Cimarronboy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Silver Letter,lol i figured you'd use that clip,unfortunately Trixie only said that for hyperbole as if she truly did wish to harm any of the ponies,what she did was severely lacking in the 'causing pain and suffering' department. 

Everything that ended up harming another pony was done without her care or intent

Well there we go.

Now tell me,how are able to infer her definition of 'beauty' when it was clearly morphing into something far from the traditional definition?

Her mind was slowly slipping into a delusional state,which means you can no longer assume she would continue to use the traditional definition of 'beauty' and instead substitute it with her 'own vision of beauty' and continue to cause harm without care or intent due to her psychotic state.

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pinkamena-Pills

I think that was the case during the episode. I would say that she would have the power to harm Trixie but her desire to do so would be in question. Since trying to disable Trixie directly would not be anything related to beauty, would she use her power for that reason? Assuming she understands the ability to do harm while possessed by the spell, it is possible for Rarity to win but we also do not know the full extent of the Alicorn Amulet's power.

Edited by Silver Letter

(edited)

@Pinkamena-Pills

I think that was the case during the episode. I would say that she would have the power to harm Trixie but her desire to do so would be in question. Since trying to disable Trixie directly would not be anything related to beauty, would she use her power for that reason? Assuming she understands the ability to do harm while possessed by the spell, it is possible for Rarity to win but we also do not know the full extent of the Alicorn Amulet's power.

This issue is that regardless of how powerful the Amulet is,if Rarity decided that you would be fabulous with your body twisted and maimed between the crystal  'sculpture' she just created beneath your feet,you would be dead or dying before you even realized it. 

The issue is that she can instantly create matter from nothing and place it anywhere with mere thought. I.M.Rarity would need to be blitzed and either k.o'ed or killed before she decides that you are more 'fabulous dead',now a scenario has not been set to weigh this factor,but its safe to say I.M.Rarity makes Trixie 'Fabulous' under normal circumstances. 

If you want to argue other circumstances such as location ect then fine,but by default I.M.Rarity 'beats' Trixie.

Also i guess i should state that I.M.Rarity doesn't necessarily need to kill Trixie,she could intomb her in a skin tight diamond sculpture ect without warning,Trixie blacks out due to no oxygen and the victory goes to I.M.Rarity. Just thought i should note she doesn't need to kill as i understand that that might be going a bit far,although it is a high possibility due to her mental state under I.M. influence.

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills