Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM Turnabout Storm

Trevor Bright

(edited)

So I just got done watching this amazing Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover and...well, to be honest, there's not much left on YouTube or FanFiction.net that can compare. It was bloody brilliant. Does anyone know of something that could possibly compare to or top those videos? (If you haven't seen them, look them up on YouTube. They're about 7 hours long? All put together, but its worth it. And you don't need to be familiar with Phoenix Wright to get it, everything is explained...er...mostly.) The point of this topic is, is there any fanfiction out there (on FanFiction.net or YouTube) that compares to Turnabout Storm? Preferably something long. Please tell me if you come across anything. Others may benefit from this as well so anything helps.
-Author7

I'll post links to the actual videos and to a youtuber's commentary of the video:

Turnabout Storm:

1/4

2/4

3/4 Twilight

3/4 Phoenix

4/4

5/4

Outtakes (Turnabout Oops)

xXSoundSpeedXx's blind commentary:

1/4

2/4

3/4 Twilight

3/4 Phoenix

4/4

5/4

Edited by Fictional_Author7

I've seen that series, and I loved it to death. Literally. I'm dead. We're all dead, if you think about it... Wow, that's deep.

Aaaaanyway, nope, I've not seen anything that can stand up to Turnabout Storm. Though if you like Phoenix Wright and ponies, look up My Little Investigations. I think you'll like it. o3o

• Brohoof 1

I can't say I know anything like that in the fandom other than the before mentioned game, which will probably take a while before the next chapter will come out.

Mystery isn't a popular genre to my knowledge. Not to mention the fact it's hard to write. At max I can recommend some visual novels and anime that can compare to turnabout storm.

Other than that I can't help you.

I think Turnabout Storm ruined YouTube for me. It's too good. There's nothing on there that can compare to it. It was a tear jerker, a suspense/thriller (-ish) and...well, yeah. It was too good. I hope they figure out some way to produce a second one, though I'm not sure what the crime could be. Grand Theft Hot Air Balloon: Las Pegasus? I dunno. Loved it though. Oh! Actually, I did find another fan fic that I thought was really good. I don't believe it's finished yet, but the author is quite talented. It was written for a more mature audience, just as a heads up, but I can post the link to the story and the author's (not me, a different author) page.

Story: Lost and Fallen

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9587685/1/Lost-and-Fallen

Author: Superdale33

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4257381/Superdale33

(edited)

Turnabout Storm...Possibly the best fanwork i've ever watched. I fought sleep just to be able to watch the whole thing. And after watching it, i acctually couldnt believe it was over, and i wanted even more, thats how amazing it was.

Edited by Bradley-MysteryLord

(edited)

Definitely one of my favorite fanworks. Ah those were such good times having courtroom-like arguments in the comment on who the killer is XD

I hope they do a second one. It was incredible.

Sadly the creator said she wasn't going to do another one.

Edited by AnonBrony

I must say that I really liked turnabout storm. It was just freaking brilliant to say the least.

As far as anything that compares I don't know if I can think of anything similar really, I mean mystery isn't a very popular genre it seems, so there isn't a lot of things like it. Even less in terms of good ones. And that's mostly due to the fact that mysterys are pretty difficult to write.

That said, I wouldn't say it ruined my love for anything else on YouTube. Maybe for a bit, but It passed over after a while. Besides I don't normally watch much in terms of mysteries, so there's always other types of stuff out there!

If you want and haven't already try out and maybe buy and play some of the Phoenix wright games! It's not ponies, but the games are also quite good it seems. I haven't played any of them besides the demo for dual destinies on the 3Ds, but even that was pretty awesome and made me want to buy some of the series.

So I'd definitely check out the games, if you haven't already.

As for stuff on YouTube, I'm sure you'll start to like other things on YouTube soon enough, it might just take a while for the epic to wear off :P.

I might go watch turnabout storm again, idk I just think it was that awesome :P. Unfortunately a second watch isn't quite as entertaining.

Maybe you could watch a lets watch of it or something, idk how many people have done a lets watch of it, but I know atleast one person has, and it might be enjoyable to watch again while listening to another's reaction.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So...no sequel :(

The maker wrote in his deviant art journal about why:

http://neoartimus.deviantart.com/journal/Why-you-no-sequel-411156623?offset=90#comments

I must say that I really liked turnabout storm. It was just freaking brilliant to say the least.

As far as anything that compares I don't know if I can think of anything similar really, I mean mystery isn't a very popular genre it seems, so there isn't a lot of things like it. Even less in terms of good ones. And that's mostly due to the fact that mysterys are pretty difficult to write.

That said, I wouldn't say it ruined my love for anything else on YouTube. Maybe for a bit, but It passed over after a while. Besides I don't normally watch much in terms of mysteries, so there's always other types of stuff out there!

If you want and haven't already try out and maybe buy and play some of the Phoenix wright games! It's not ponies, but the games are also quite good it seems. I haven't played any of them besides the demo for dual destinies on the 3Ds, but even that was pretty awesome and made me want to buy some of the series.

So I'd definitely check out the games, if you haven't already.

As for stuff on YouTube, I'm sure you'll start to like other things on YouTube soon enough, it might just take a while for the epic to wear off :P.

I might go watch turnabout storm again, idk I just think it was that awesome :P. Unfortunately a second watch isn't quite as entertaining.

Maybe you could watch a lets watch of it or something, idk how many people have done a lets watch of it, but I know atleast one person has, and it might be enjoyable to watch again while listening to another's reaction.

Thanks. Yeah, it is going to take a while for the epic to wear off, but I guess it'all eventually be alright.

Well there is the fanfiction version of Turnabout Storm that changes things up from the iriginal videos a bit.

Really? Where? Edited by Fictional_Author7

Here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6177/phoenix-wright-turnabout-storm

One thing that I was told was that an interspecies romance subplot was added... whatever that means. I haven't read it yet but I have heard good things about it.

Interspecies romance probably means one of the humans (Pheonix or the Judge, unless someone else is added) & one of the ponies (most likely) fall in love... See now this is one of the things that always throws me a loop for whether I am ok with it or not... Depends on how far they take it... Guess I'll have to read it :/

@@KokuraiNoSenshi

Personally, I bet it's Pheonix Wright and Twilight Sparkle, though given the fact he has to return to his own world in the end I doubt it will go that far.

We were quite wrong my friend. Turns out they... Well, let's just say it was extremely blatant inter species romance. I would recommend reading it just to see exactly how far they go but... Yeah, they go far with it. In fact, the whole story is a bit twisted around... I mean, it isn't a BAD fanfiction by any means. It still retains the charm & suspense of the original. It just... Really wants to see some Wright x Sparkle going on. Also, it appears to be unfinished, though definitely in the wrap up stages. It ended in its own version of the "Meeting up with Trixie" where Wright is talking to her after the verdict & all, but ends right after he leaves and... Another thing happens. There is also plenty of other things they changed, including a fight between Twilight & Trixie, extra in-between sessions for padding (due to the fact they were writing this fanfic as the youtube videos were being made), more involvement with Rarity & Applejack (which I don't mind), the romance subplot, some changes detailing each individual racer's problems, & other things. However, despite these changes, the storyline still fits right onto the original's, just changing quite a few things around... Overall, a fun read but it definitely is... Odd.

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,

Well that least I guessed correctly it was between Pheonix Wright and Twilight Sparkle.

Though I would think there would be some awkwardness and uncertainty between the characters at their developing relationship since one is human and another pony.

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,

Well that least I guessed correctly it was between Pheonix Wright and Twilight Sparkle.

Though I would think there would be some awkwardness and uncertainty between the characters at their developing relationship since one is human and another pony.

The thing is... As far as the CHARACTERS are concerned, the whole "inter species" part seems to be pushed to the side quite quickly... In fact, Twilight was more mad & having second thought about Wright's actions towards Fluttershy (oh I forgot to mention they had some odd headcanon in this, including pegasi wings and unicorn horns being... "sensitive" which of course leads to HILARIOUS *sarcasm* moments where they blatantly have Wright "feel up" Flutters' wings) in court than him being a human. In fact, she goes to Rarity, & the ONE TIME they bring up him being a human & it starting to lead towards SOME sort of contradiction about their... "Differences" Rarity brushes it off saying that it isn't that big of a deal, then off we go to the next part -_-

(edited)

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,
That headcanon isn't so odd, I have seen often in fanfictions though mostly romance stories.

The idea for unicorn horns being sensitive is because it is the foci of magic, that and I could offer the scene where Sweetie Belle hit Rarity's horn which interrupted her magic.

For pegasus wings... well why not? Laughs

Still it does make it a bit stranger/weirder when the whole situation involves a human... not helped that they are brushing off the romance between human and pony as no big deal.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,

That headcanon isn't so odd, I have seen often in fanfictions though mostly romance stories.

The idea for unicorn horns being sensitive is because it is the foci of magic, that and I could offer the scene where Sweetie Belle hit Rarity's horn which interrupted her magic.

For pegasus wings... well why not? Laughs

Still it does make it a bit stranger/weirder when the whole situation involves a human... not helped that they are brushing off the romance between human and pony as no big deal.

Again, I would recommend reading it as it is quite entertaining, as well as doing so would help see exactly how they treat the romance between the 2. Also, one more thing I must warn you of; References. This fanfic LOVES references, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if you took all the references in it & put them onto a page by themselves, they would make a whole page on their own & maybe a bit more

Again, I would recommend reading it as it is quite entertaining, as well as doing so would help see exactly how they treat the romance between the 2. Also, one more thing I must warn you of; References. This fanfic LOVES references, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if you took all the references in it & put them onto a page by themselves, they would make a whole page on their own & maybe a bit more

I plan on it, with the videos as I base I cannot see how it would be a bad fanfictions.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I watched it earlier this year, got to part 4, forgot about it, remembered it, watched it all again so I knew the whole story, then watched he last part and almost cried at its magnificence. Oh, and I re-discovered ponies along the way.

It was legitimately the best fanwork I have ever seen, and a crossover at that (usually not a fan, though MLP does seem to have good crossover potential.)

It also gets the reward for Best Use of Moonlight Sonata. I love that piece. :)

Edited by Archi the Sandworm