Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I'm listening to the Come Clarity album right now. (screwwwww youuuuuu Dawnnnnnnn)

I listened to The Jester Race and I liked Come Clarity better. There, I said it. *prepares for shitstorm*

I listened to The Jester Race and I liked Come Clarity better. There, I said it. *prepares for shitstorm*
....................................................................................................................................................................................(no response)............................................................

Well since RD92 mentioned In Flames, I'll post some stuff by them.

Lunar Strain is actually one of my favorite albums ever. Eeyup.

I had a feeling that you'd end up liking the new In Flames better than the old In Flames.

Oh, and it's pronounced "Keltic Frost" not "Seltic Frost". It's a common mistake.

Really? I always pronounced it as Keltic Frost from the start, I guess I'm just part of the minority

I had a feeling that you'd end up liking the new In Flames better than the old In Flames.

Well he did say that he's not into any of the extreme genres. 

Really? I always pronounced it as Keltic Frost from the start, I guess I'm just part of the minority

Wow, really? You really are part of the minority then.

Well here's a picture of grumpy cat and Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost.

grumpy-cat--lead-singer-of-celtic-frost.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why the fuck am I listening to this? I don't know. So far it's pretty average. The song "Dead End" had a lot of potencial but chick singing fucking kills it. It could've been a good song if weren't for her. I still have mixed feelings for this album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtZTakgbb64

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

(edited)

In Flames it is then? Clayman is probably my favorite album from them, and I'm not too big on anything that came after that. Colony and Whoracle are probably my next two favorite albums from them, but I don't listen to them that much.

Edited by Jinkasu

(edited)

In Flames aren't even the best Melodeath band out there guys. I only listen to them rarely, but then again I only rarely listen to Melodeath.

Why the fuck am I listening to this? I don't know. So far it's pretty average. The song "Dead End" had a lot of potencial but chick singing fucking kills it. It could've been a good song if weren't for her. I still have mixed feelings for this album.

I figured that you wouldn't like it, though you wouldn't hate it.

Edited by Moog the Kitteh

(edited)

I've been bumpin' This or The Apocalypse tonight. Opinions?

Their vocalist really has me hooked. Plus, they add alot of cool mathy and groovy elements into their music.

In Flames aren't even the best Melodeath band out there guys. I only listen to them rarely, but then again I only rarely listen to Melodeath.

All I've listened to by them was Come Clarity and I thought it was good, but nothing special. I did like the vocalist, though.

NONE OF WHAT WAS SAID HERE EVER HAPPENED, OKAY?

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Well apparently Orchid did a split album with Pig Destroyer back in 1997, wish I had found this one earlier.

It's a really short album, so if you're a fan of both bands then you should check this split out

• Brohoof 1

I've never been very keen on Neo-Classical before, but Dark Moor does it oh so very well. A complete shift from Power Metal to Symphonic and Neo-Classical, I completely condone it. Both of these are taken from after the switch, new album in 9 days.

hey do you know any good USBM bands?

Leviathan

Grand Belial's Key

Profanatica

These three are all god-tier and also showcase a variety of sounds. You get suicidal, droning BM with Leviathan, GBK play a faster, harsher typical BM with lots of anti-juedo-christian lyrics and imagery, and Profanatica is very bass heavy, almost sludge-like blackened/death.

(how the fuck do you post three vids in a row?)

• Brohoof 1

Leviathan

Leviathan's a good choice bro, I've only listened to a bit of their stuff, though they're pretty good

(how the fuck do you post three vids in a row?)

use [ media ] [ / media ] in between each video without the spaces, you're welcome

These dudes got me through last night's shitshow of a shift.

No joke, I think my work crew is losing their touch, because everything they touched turned to scrap.

I'm going to post some Carcass, because I fucking love this album.

And some Converge because I'm in the mood for Jane Doe.

Ha, both bands start with the letter "C".

Guys, can anyone tell what genre this band belongs to? It has some Skramz influences, but the instrumental sounds very weird. I've been pondering on this question for the last few days, and I feel like I need a closure on this

This song is deep yo

Lunar Strain is actually one of my favorite albums ever. Eeyup.

Am I the only one who thinks The Jester Race is their best album? Lunar Strain is really awesome as well though

Am I the only one who thinks The Jester Race is their best album? Lunar Strain is really awesome as well though

Actually, that's Moogs favorite In Flames album. I prefer Whoracle and Lunar Strain over it, but as you all know me and Moog can't agree on anything. 

(edited)

bands i listen to:

alestorm, ac/dc, anthrax, guns n roses, disturbed, black sabbath, dragon force, manowar, hammerfall, iron maiden, kiss, led zeppelin, linkin park, metallica, megadeth, motorhead, pantera, rammstein, ramones, slash's blues ball, slash's snakepit, slayer, slipknot, system of a down, offspring, velvet revolver.   uffff... thats it smile.png

here is some lulz ( i like that lulz ):

also, i forgot korpiklaani smile.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qcNtKpnBNUw

Edited by CutenessOverload

bands i listen to: alestorm, ac/dc, anthrax, guns n roses, disturbed, black sabbath, dragon force, manowar, hammerfall, iron maiden, kiss, led zeppelin, linkin park, metallica, megadeth, motorhead, pantera, rammstein, ramones, slash's blues ball, slash's snakepit, slayer, slipknot, system of a down, offspring, velvet revolver.   uffff... thats it

Quite a few of these aren't metal. Just sayin'.

Gonna post more Converge, this album has been really growing on me lately for some reason. 

no kidding... :) that's why i posted 'bands i listen to' not 'metal bands i listen to'

but whatever, i know what you mean

tumblr_leyeuq10TK1qe2yez.jpg

but if i rustled your jimmies, then all i can say is trololol... ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

no kidding... smile.png that's why i posted 'bands i listen to' not 'metal bands i listen to'

But... this is the metal thread...

Gonna post more Converge, this album has been really growing on me lately for some reason. 

Speaking of Converge, I've gotten into You Fail Me lately. I've really forgotten how great this album really is

I'll dedicate this one to Moog

Edited by Chiaki Minami

bands i listen to:

alestorm, ac/dc, anthrax, guns n roses, disturbed, black sabbath, dragon force, manowar, hammerfall, iron maiden, kiss, led zeppelin, linkin park, metallica, megadeth, motorhead, pantera, rammstein, ramones, slash's blues ball, slash's snakepit, slayer, slipknot, system of a down, offspring, velvet revolver.   uffff... thats it img-1546035-1-smile.png

I like this guy...

Disturbed, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slipknot, System of a Down, those bands are all good with me.

All right, here's a couple random songs:

• Brohoof 2