Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

So yeah, some more grind for yah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mEtrkw7DOQ

It's somehow refreshing, and I really dig the vocals. Bonus points for badass Dead-Space inspired cover art, and for being Russian.

This album both sucks pretty hard and is pretty sick at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4era_BMdM8

These guys....... guise....

Also, I gave that new Paysage d'Hiver album a try. If you like Drone and Atmospheric Black Metal, this is right up your alley. It's such a chilling, cold, dark and haunting experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWQrrCN8jU

Edited by Kyouko
  • Brohoof 2

So my friend and I are in a conversation with another friend. The other friend is posting a bunch of iDOLM@STER stuff and me and friend A agree that the conversation needs more metal. I post a Disarmonia Mundi song and he's like "What the shit, get out of my head. I was just listening to this song:

"

We both have very similar tastes in metal. Disarmonia Mundi is everything I love about melodic death metal. <3

My friend's Pandora seems to know my taste in music better than my own does. He's been using it far longer but still, I usually only ever get like five bands in any of my stations and half of them are ones I've already added to the station. :(

Checking out the newer Arsis and I'm happy they decided to go back in their original direction.  Sounds much more like Face of My Innocence.

Also, has anyone check out Loma Prieta?  They strike me as very chill.  Not "zone out and drone" chill like I get from Deafheaven, but maybe a more amped version of that?

I'm digging this Deftones song. I think I'm gonna put this album on my list of albums to get soon. It's about time I got a Deftones album.

Diamond Eyes is a really good album probably my favorite out of their recent albums

These guys....... guise....

Dat was a sick album, I definitely am digging it

Also, has anyone check out Loma Prieta?  They strike me as very chill.  Not "zone out and drone" chill like I get from Deafheaven, but maybe a more amped version of that?

imo it doesn't sound very chill, but I still think it was a pretty good track

I've been listening to some more Young and In The Way lately.

They've got a pretty laid back feel, I can just kind of zone out while I'm doing something with them on.

Reminds of Rorcal
Edited by Rio

Dat was a sick album, I definitely am digging it

No kidding, Unchain The Wolves is one my absolute favorite BM albums

Halfway through my second listen of Kayo Dot's new album, and I can already say that I fucking love this album. This might very well be their best work. It has everything you'd want from an Avant-Garde metal album: Variety, a fresh experience and the element of surprise; every track is different. This shit varies everything from Black Metal influences to Jazz, it's brilliant. It's vigorous and tense when the band tries to achieve that effect, and soothing and calming when the band tries to do it

I couldn't find my favorite songs from the album on Youtube ;_;

Hey guys, thought i'd share something interesting with you.

The bassist is fucking phenomenal, i mean goddamn, that's how it's done. And i love the fact that you can actually hear the bass for once, it seems to be so rare in metal.

I got the album "As the Palaces Burn" by Lamb of God. It's definitely better than Sacrament and Wrath, but Ashes of the Wake is still definitely the best LoG album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g_fO_LGwBg

I also got "Leviathan" by Mastodon, I haven't given the whole album a proper listen yet. And I broke the CD case like an idiot...I broke the hinge thingy so I had to tape it together :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CC9KA8O7GQ

Checking out the newer Arsis and I'm happy they decided to go back in their original direction.  Sounds much more like Face of My Innocence.

I haven't heard much Arsis so far but I can't seem to get into them. What I've heard from them they sound kinda like Skeletonwitch but not quite enough like Skeletonwitch for me to really pay much attention to them but I'll wait until I've heard more. I may be slightly biased because Skeletonwitch is one of my favorite bands though. tongue.png

I don't generally care about Dragonforce but they do have a few songs, like this one, that I actually really like.

Here's another that's showed up on my Pandora. I have no idea who this band is but I'll be damned if this song wasn't one of the coolest sounding things out there.

The chug is strong in this one.

Sounds like they've updated their tone.  It sounds more full.  Drum tone has improved, as well.  Stoked.

Edited by Crispy

A review of my listening over the past month, in which I couldn't figure out how to log back in to Poniverse.

Sunk my teeth into the last two ISIS on a drive in and out of the city, and was thoroughly impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1Is2PWvy4

I think I liked this one a bit more.

After a while of sitting around waiting for Devin Townsend spoilers (which I still am), I got myself some Jesu. Class act.

Their sophomore album, Conqueror, is great music for directly after the sun rises.

And now I'm here, listening to my album of the year for the 500th time.

• Brohoof 1

After a while of sitting around waiting for Devin Townsend spoilers (which I still am), I got myself some Jesu. Class act.

Their sophomore album, Conqueror, is great music for directly after the sun rises.

So you're getting into Jesu? Have you listened to their track from the Metal Swim compilation, it was what got me into them.

I have only listened to that track and the Silver-EP, I should probably check out Conqueror

And now I'm here, listening to my album of the year for the 500th time.

PREDICTABLE TREEBOI IS PREDICTABLE

Anyways, some Poison The Well:

I've heard this band is one of the better acts in metalcore, but they're on Rise? I find that really hard to process for some reason.

New Cloudkicker is awesome.

I've heard this band is one of the better acts in metalcore, but they're on Rise? I find that really hard to process for some reason.

New Cloudkicker is awesome.

They're not on Rise Records, Rise only got the rights to re-distribute their first two albums the band's been split up since 2007, the only band that I like off of Rise is Dance Gavin Dance, the rest is just not even worth anyone's time.

Now that you've reminded me, I still need to listen to Subsume.

Edited by Rio

I like their debut. Though it's a bit shaky with some lows, but the highlight tracks of this album are so fucking good

I haven't heard about their first two albums getting re-released though

ffekk, this album. Pretty much the only metal related thing I've listened to the past week, besides some Converge albums

By the way, are there any other bands whose lyrics are inspired by anime, like Discordance Axis? I'm curious

I'll listen to Acme soon x)

Old school Metalcore at it's finest