Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you describe Discord as being a brat?

ggg-2

Discord is definitely a character that you can like without being called girly, just show someone his pic and tell them it's from mlp and they would never guess it. But still, a brat nonetheless, but in a good way.

(edited)

Weird, I tried to contradict the idea of him being a brat, but I found nothing, so I guess we can say that.

In general we'd say "he just wants to have fun", but recently (don't forget he's +1000 years old), he seems interested by friendship.

EDIT: Off-topic

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

Hm, I wouldn't say so, mostly because I just enjoy his character to much lol.

Sure I guess he isn't always the kindest exactly, but I don't think i'd say he's a brat.

And even if he isn't super nice, that allows him to do certain things, and be a hilariously written character.

Basically I don't mind anything about Discord, and wouldn't change a thing about him.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

He does display the text-book traits of a brat, so it would be an apt description. He did have to be treated like you would a child at times as well. The good thing with the character is that it isn't his only aspect.

Edited by Jeric

(edited)

He pretty much is a brat. That's the simple way of putting it. A wise brat with godlike powers but a brat nonetheless, though this whole character arc of his reformation may be aimed at putting an end to the bratty self-interest that got him to become a villain in the first place.

Edited by Wind Chaser

Yeah, I guess he is a little bit of a bratt. But I think that's just part of his character. He represents chaos, so why shouldn't he act like a bratty manipulative child all the time? That's what chaos-beings do. ...Also it gives him an interesting character flaw that he can work to overcome. So I'm not complaining. *shrug*

I don't think he does it for the reasons a brat would do things. He just likes to get a rise out of people. He's still getting used to the whole friendship thing, and I doubt he knows how to go about being a good friend so he does what he knows.

I don't think he does it so much for the sole purpose of being a "brat". Why do dogs bark? Why do scorpions sting? Because it's in their nature. Discord is, by nature, a chaotic spirit. He acts upon his personality.

• Brohoof 1

Brat as in ungrateful? I don't think so. He surely appears like he is a brat, but should not be mistaken as one. I'd interpret it as a limit testing and provoking others out of their comfort zone.

He is surely childish. But that comes from a being that always had what he wanted. His powers spoiled him. Maybe he will learn some responsibility when he actually try to protect his friends