Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dreams

Eliash147

Okay so this has probably been made before but I don't care 

Post your dreams and what you think of them here 

I shall start

The dream started and I woke up in a bunk bed in a log cabin in a uniform, I got up and my gym teacher was there, he was guiding the class outside and it turns out we were on a boat he then said "Alright class! Lets practice some swimming" obviously I was scared due to the fact that I can't swim so I go up to him and tell him that I can't participate in this and have Aquaphobia right then I see the most disappointed face I have ever seen, he EXPECTED me to know how to swim at my age, he facepalms and I just walk away, right then he grabs me and throws me right in to the water head first and the Dream ends and I wake up

Really more like a nightmare

Oh man, I've had so many dreams that I still remember with some clarity. Putting the incoherent stings of sounds and images into understandable words, though....

I remember one time I dreamt I was the Avatar. That was fun.

Ooh, one of my (many) falling dreams, I was on a really big tire swing, and it went about as high as it could, then I woke up as it fell. The really weird thing, though, was that I distinctly remember drifting back down onto my bed after I awoke.

Another night, I dreamt I was presented with a magical artifact that would grant me limitless powers, but I had to save these guys on a sled from falling into a ravine before I got the artifact. I kept waking up in the middle of the dream and falling back to sleep, but each time I fell back to sleep, the dream went a little farther. Happened about ten times in a row in one night.

I've had a few series of dreams, months or even years apart, that took place in exactly the same dream locations. That's always weird.

Dreamt I was being chased by some kind of demonic puppet that was going to kill me with stuffed animals.

Question: anyone else occasionally get some of their more realistic dreams confused with reality after the fact? 'Cause sometimes I'll remember things that I'm not sure if they actually happened or I just dreamed them.

Yeah, most of my dreams are very possible such as falling and drowning dreams 

It's really scary having a dream that's very possible IRL 

The amount of drowning dreams I've had is overwhelming

You're in luck, i actually keep a dream journal to track my more interesting ones.

Here's one i liked very much:

I dreamt i was a marine biologist in a world which was almost flooded by water. The water level raised after a race of half-machine-half-organic submarines emerged from the ocean floors and declared war on humanity, flooding the city of new-york. Turns out, i had a rare special ability called "streaming" which allows you to breath underwater and see water currents, and most humans with this ability were put to fight the submarines. So me and some other humans try to chase one down, and it keeps flaking off it's scales at us (which are actually like torpedos trying to spear us). We eventually took it down, but it cost us half of our men. I saved a baby sea-fox (lol, i don't even) before i returned home. I was just in the middle of exploring my dream home (can't even remember how it looked like now) when i woke up.

(edited)

My dreams are usually terrifying or odd,tho the odd ones are usually the happy ones i admit.

Last one was me in one of my old schools,as i was leaving class four tall hooded people walked up to me,one stepped forward and extended his right hand,his hand was covered in what looked like a black glove and i couldnt see his/her face(however i felt it was a female) and before i could respond i woke up.

A few min later when i fell back asleep the same person appeared at my front door after i opened it,this time their eyes were large and glowing green(still couldnt make out the face) with his/her right hand extended again,however before i could realize it i was being pulled towards them,sucked into w/e the hell he/she was,it felt horrible..i screamed and then woke up in a cold sweat.... :(

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

Well, let's see.  I regularly have extremely vivid and realistic dreams, but recently I've started becoming lucid in my dreams, so I'll just talk about those since they are the most interesting.

The first lucid dream I had was about a month ago.  I was walking along a dark, lonely road at night during a zombie apocalypse.  I was basically traveling cross-country, like any number of zombie movies.  Then I somehow alerted the horde.  They ran in from all directions out of the darkness.  That's when I realized it was a dream.  Not only was I aware I was dreaming, I was aware that I was aware I was dreaming.  It was that double awareness that gave me complete clarity for the first time in my life.  I was able to control my dream.  I flew straight up like Superman to escape the horde.  I got excited and woke myself up.

The second lucid dream took place at my high school.  I had the dream that I was back in school, and I was late and couldn't remember where my class was and blabbity blah.  I think that's a common one.  I finally found my class, was walking to my seat, and then became lucid and gained control.  I turned, strolled up to my teacher, grabbed a big glass beaker (it was physics class), and smashed it over his head, knocking him out cold.  Then I swept everything on his desk onto the floor.  Then I walked away and flew again.  This time I stayed in flight a bit longer.  I conciously told myself to remain calm so as not to wake myself up.  And it worked!

The next one took place in my neighborhood.  I was jogging, and I realized that my feet weren't quite hitting the ground.  I was running on air.  I became lucid again, and levitated straight upward until I was about 100ft in the air.  I surveyed my town.  I remembered a goal that I had set for myself.  I told myself that in my next lucid dream I would attempt to manipulate my surroundings.  So I flew straight down towards a church parking lot in my neighborhood.  I landed, then decided I would attempt to manifest Kratos's Amulet of Uroborus from God of War Ascension, and I would use it to decay/heal the buildings around me.  I just started to try when a thunder clap irl woke me up.  F*ckin storms.  I hate living in f*ckin storm town.

The fourth was just last night.  I was at the beach, and there was a massive tsunami headed towards me.  I regularly have dreams of being engulfed in tsunamis or tornandoes, probably because, again, I hate living in f*cking storm town.  Anyway, I was running from the tsunami, which was hundreds of feet high and racing towards me.  I thought to myself, "Dammit, if only I knew I was dreaming, I could stop this thing."  I realized what I had thought, and stopped with a smirk on my face.  I was like, "Duh!"  I gained complete control once again.  I turned, held up my hand, and stopped the tsunami with telekinesis.  I held in in place for a few seconds, then I felt myself begin to wake up.  This was the strangest sensation I've ever experienced.  I closed my eyes in the dream, continuing to hold my hand up, and then I began to feel my body irl.  I felt myself laying in bed.  My real life senses started to kind of tune in, but I wanted to keep dreaming.  I screamed in my head to stay asleep.  I think I even opened my eyes briefly irl.  I'm not really sure.  I just remember squeezing my eyes shut, probably irl as well as the dream.  I felt my real life senses fade again, and I could feel my dream senses becoming vivid again.  I opened my eyes to find I was back in the dream all the way, still holding the tsunami.  My hand was shaking, and I was losing it.  I slipped, and the tsunami crashed down upon me.  In previous dreams, the tsunamis always do exactly what you'd expect a tsunami to do if it crashed down on you.  This time, it did nothing.  It passed harmlessly through me, and I stood there, unfazed.  I took a deep breath, underwater.  Totally fine.  I thought to myself, "Well, that's something.  That's progress anyway."  Then I woke up completely.

One day...one day I will be able to control everything.  I will make my dreams into the paradise I can never in reality.

Oh yeah, and then there's this one.  This wasn't lucid, though.  Just vivid, but no control.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/96846-the-box-of-twilight-a-strange-pony-dream-i-had/

I dreamt i was Goku one time and i killed frieza and ran into the ship as the planet was gonna blow and i found the best button of all time!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJxmSqdwIeM

A shirt button?  :)

I had a dream a couple of nights ago (the last dream that I remember) where I got a job working on an assembly line of some kind.  I work at home and have been wanting a non-at-home job.  :)

I've see a few MLP-related dream threads, and I thought it would be interesting to make a thread about dreams that you have/ had that aren't MLP-related. 

Did you have any good dreams? How about nightmares that made you wake up covered in sweat? Or dreams you consistently have?

Discuss Below!

Last night, I dreamed, and I tend to have dreams like these every now and then, the world was ending.

I've had several dreams of me making out with girls, both day and wet dreams. Waking up from a wet dream is the most awkward feeling ever, lol.

I also dream that I'm the next Mega Man, and that I have an electric Bo staff as well as a Battle Network-styled Buster Sword.

I have consistent dreams about either being a random person in a random place(different place and time each dream) and then hearing a loud boom,like ear shattering loud,and then a bright light engulfs everything then i wake up.

One time i was a person in the fields at night and it happened.

Another time i was a lady in a high class banquet in a building that had huge glass windows stretching across the sides at night and it happened.

Ive had this same type of dream several times over the past 3yrs,always a different person at a different place. I bloody hate it.

I've had several dreams of me making out with girls, both day and wet dreams. Waking up from a wet dream is the most awkward feeling ever, lol.

I also dream that I'm the next Mega Man, and that I have an electric Bo staff as well as a Battle Network-styled Buster Sword.

Oh, god I remember when I had those. It is really awkward.

I have consistent dreams about either being a random person in a random place(different place and time each dream) and then hearing a loud boom,like ear shattering loud,and then a bright light engulfs everything then i wake up.

One time i was a person in the fields at night and it happened.

Another time i was a lady in a high class banquet in a building that had huge glass windows stretching across the sides at night and it happened.

Ive had this same type of dream several times over the past 3yrs,always a different person at a different place. I bloody hate it.

I've heard somewhere that if you have the same dream over and over again, it's supposed to mean something. :huh:

I've heard somewhere that if you have the same dream over and over again, it's supposed to mean something.

I've heard that too,but idk what the dream is suppose to mean,it can mean millions of things,however it is certainly consistant.  

(edited)

I still remember this one dream I had when I was 4 or 5 that has stayed with me all these years. I was just walking along minding my own business when this talking alligator (or crocodile idk) came up and bit my hand off (and it hurt!)! Then he asked me how old I was and I was like wtf (well not that exact phrase ;) ) and woke up. Then I had the exact same dream a year later :o

Just thought I'd share that B)

Edited by LZRD WZRD

I've heard that too,but idk what the dream is suppose to mean,it can mean millions of things,however it is certainly consistant.  

By the way, what do you mean when you say, "It happened"?

By the way, what do you mean when you say, "It happened"?

The insanely loud 'boom' and the extremely bright light engulfing everything. Also i guess i should note that i feel the sound is coming from above if anywhere but its hard to tell since its so terrifyingly loud.

The insanely loud 'boom' and the extremely bright light engulfing everything. Also i guess i should note that i feel the sound is coming from above if anywhere but its hard to tell since its so terrifyingly loud.

Huh, that's weird. I always have vaguely different dreams, so I rarely remember some. 

Huh, that's weird. I always have vaguely different dreams, so I rarely remember some. 

Ya well i wish this was the case with this one but it is painfully consistent,to the point where if i hear the loud 'boom' i already know what happens next(because i am then like "oh its this dream again!")..Extremely bright light then i wake up,hell i even try to not wake up to try to see what happens next if anything,but nope,i freggin wake up.  :okiedokielokie:

I often get dreams that bring up feelings of nostalgia, despite never experienceing said events. They often take place in a empty college campus, and the technology around has strong leanings towards the early 2000s. Quite often the military may be around, but in the old m81 woodland BDU's with xm8s. I will partake in random events, and feel near overwhelming feelings of nostaliga.

Hey there , I've merged your thread with an already existing dream thread. Just a heads up :)

Hey there , I've merged your thread with an already existing dream thread. Just a heads up :)

Oh, I hadn't realized there was a thread already. If the search bar was working I could have know that. :P

Had another very vivid dream last night.  This wasn't wasn't lucid like some of my previous ones, unfortunately.  No control whatsoever.

So, I was driving the mane 6 around.  That's right, I was driving my car, with all of the mane 6 riding with me.  It was just the normal, real world, but the ponies were still animated, like My Little Dashie.  I was driving them around town to pick up party supplies for somepony's birthday.  I forget which one it was.  I made a stop off at Barnes and Noble to pick up a Halo novel I wanted.  It was one I already have irl, though.  The Cole Protocol.  Anyway, I buy it, throw it in the trunk, then we go to the grocery to get some desserts.  Pinkie gets some kind of chocolate confection, and places it in the trunk, near the book.  It was hot, and by the time we got back home, the chocolate had melted a bit and smeared on my book.  I totally flipped out and started screaming at Pinkie.  I was saying stuff like, "Look at this, you ruined my book, you idiot!  Don't you realize what you've done?!  Now I wasted all that money!  I have buy a new one, now!"  I was just going off on her like a complete psycho.  I started smashing the book into my kitchen countertop repeatedly, then I started throwing the book across the room as hard as I could, over and over again.  Pinkie was crying at this point.  Absolutely bawling, and apologizing profusely.  She said that all she wanted to do was make my happy again, and she was so sorry.  I just kept throwing the book like a maniac.

That was it.  Dammit, that dream pissed me off.  I would never act like that.  It's not like me at all!  Why did I have to ruin such a nice chance to dream about ponies?  WHY?!  If this actually happened irl, I would have just hugged Pinkie and said, "Hey there, sweetheart, no worries!  It's just a book!  It's no big deal!"  Why I didn't become lucid this time, I have no idea.  What a terrible dream and waste of a good opportunity. 

I had a dream the other night that I ate a bone of a religious figure that shall remain unnamed, and was transformed into a woman.

Was probably one of the best dreams I ever experienced.

After the transformation was complete...Its hard to describe, but I felt...

Clean.

I had this dream that I was person with bird wings on my back and I had to try and get to this concert on time, so I broke out of a house with my sidekicks and stepped on an evil lady's face and glided to the concert and made it on time. It was so colorful.