Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What age does a boyfriend/girlfriend becomes manfriend/womanfriend

RainbowMau

I've never even heard the terms "manfriend" or "ladyfriend" used in any way but jokingly. Boyfriend/girlfriend are not age-specific. It's just a term used to identify the significance of a person in your life.

Typically the only evolution that takes place in such a relationship is from boyfriend/girlfriend to fiancee, if the relationship goes that far.

Even if you're fifty years old they would still be called your boyfriend or girlfriend.

• Brohoof 6

I would also go so far as to say that the reason they use the terms "boy" and "girl" in the names is to represent the seriousness of the relationship. Before engagement the relationship is still in it's infancy so the terms are "young" to represent this.

It's still not representative of one's age.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 3

I see..iv'e never even heard the term "Womanfriend/Manfriend",seems that's what confused me.  :maud:

Regardless,why does this matter to thee?  :wat:

Alright,idk what the hell the op is trying to say as even if you date someone at 30,they are still a Girlfriend/Boyfriend until they become a fiancee and then a Wife/Husband. 

I still don't see why this odd question is being asked,are you seeking to know at which point does a Boyfriend/Girlfriend becomes more than just that?? Well that answer is going to be subjective so ya. :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

Is it that hard to understand? This explains it all!

I see,well i cannot fathom why a 'mature' man would care whether his woman calls him a "Boyfriend" or a "Manfriend".  :maud:

As far as im concerned a woman can call me a boyfriend,manfriend,silly,or a fucking dingbat for all i care as long as she loves me.  :nom:

• Brohoof 3

Never used the term womanfriend before. Apparently it isn't used much cause the browser doesn't recognize it. :D

The combination of the sound and sound pattern of those two also are as naturally flowing as boyfriend and girlfriend. Both the 'l' and the 'y' have the first sylabell ending softly allowing a nice flow into the 'f''. 'N' is harsher sounding and doesn't feel as comfortable when immediately followed by the 'f'.

I don't like it cause it sounds stupid.

• Brohoof 5

Never used the term womanfriend before. Apparently it isn't used much cause the browser doesn't recognize it. :D

The combination of the sound and sound pattern of those two also are as naturally flowing as boyfriend and girlfriend. Both the 'l' and the 'y' have the first sylabell ending softly allowing a nice flow into the 'f''. 'N' is harsher sounding and doesn't feel as comfortable when immediately followed by the 'f'.

I don't like it cause it sounds stupid.

At first I thought we were gonna get into phonetics but then you just suckerpunchlined me. I couldn't help but smile. Bravo. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Oh, I could go on all day about how silly this "article" is, but I won't, because I don't feel like it.  :lol:

I would also go so far as to say that the reason they use the terms "boy" and "girl" in the names is to represent the seriousness of the relationship. Before engagement the relationship is still in it's infancy so the terms are "young" to represent this.

It's still not representative of one's age.

This is your answer here. Besides, "womanfriend" and "manfriend" just sound weird.  :confused:

• Brohoof 2

I have never heard the terms "manfriend/womanfriend" in my entire life. I think you refer to them as boyfriend/girlfriend no matter what age. Although I have noticed that adults that are together but not married tend to refer to each other as 'partner' more than boyfriend/girlfriend.

Edited by Envy

I have never heard the terms "manfriend/womanfriend" in my entire life. I think you refer to them as boyfriend/girlfriend no matter what age. Although I have noticed that adults that are together but not married tend to refer to them as 'partner' more than boyfriend/girlfriend.

Aside from religious reasons marriage is just paperwork and money and doesn't represent an actual difference in the relationship if two people are serious enough about each other.

Aside from religious reasons marriage is just paperwork and money and doesn't represent an actual difference in the relationship if two people are serious enough about each other.

But I'm completely non-religious and I want to get married because it's marriage! Like because how can you not have a wedding?!

Um... I think I could reason this out better, but I like really need to go to bed... xD

• Brohoof 2

But I'm completely non-religious and I want to get married because it's marriage! Like because how can you not have a wedding?!

Um... I think I could reason this out better, but I like really need to go to bed... xD

Because everyone wants a special day to commemorate a significant moment in their life but there's nothing saying you need to spend your entire life's savings for it. :lol:

Have to say, I don't like the term "partner". Makes a relationship sound like two carthorses pulling a plough or like it's a business arrangement. :P But still, it's not as bad as "manfriend" which just sounds weird. O_o

• Brohoof 1

Manfriend and Ladyfriend both sound so dumb.

To be fair though I had a friend who use to refer to girlfriends as lady friends, It kind of rubbed off on me as a joking thing, which is the only place i've heard it.

Manfriend just sounds bleh, it doesn't even really sound good for a joking usage.

Regardless, girlfriend and boyfriend is the term used for two people in a relationship who are no engaged, atleast to my understanding. It has nothing to do with age, it is simply a term that has been used for relationships, and thus will continue to be regardless of age, because it always has been.

There is never a time i've heard anyone use Manfriend or Ladyfriend seriously. If anyone is that concerned about being called such due to age, to the point they won't stay in a relationship, then it ain't love sorry.

Either you say the couple are "in a relationship" or "engaged" or "married", or you can just say boyfriend/girlfriend. 

Although... manfriend and womanfriend actually sounds quite humorous...  :lol:

Actually, I think it's perfectly acceptable to call someone you date girlfriend/boyfriend regardless of age.

But you can call them whatever you want.

Yup, boyfriend and girlfriend has no age limit attached to it.  100 year old folks still call each other boyfriend/girlfriend, you just don't hear it often beause most people tend to be married by then, I think.

Lol, "Manfriend" just sounds like a joke term to me, you know, like to describe a sort of plutonic man crush or something.  You know, like "bromance."  Just sounds silly.  Actually, it makes me think of a term my friends and I use all the time in online gaming.  We love to play L4D2, and we all use Mumble voice chat.  Anyone who plays dead knows that being able to communicate is everything in that game.  If you can't talk to your teammates, you might as well be blind and deaf.  Sometimes one of our friends will bring some other friends who don't have mumble.  We call said people "manbots."  Basically, they might as well be bots, because they wander off and get attacked and can't call for help.