Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes you feel young and care free?

ScaleWrangler

OK so i was digging through my loft and i found this book, which my mom used to read to me when i was little as a bedtime story. :wub:

1326304.jpg

i reread it and it felt fantastic, like i was 6 years old again and didnt have to worry about anything. the same thing happened when i re watched toy story 1 and the PPGs

Now the question I pose to you ponies.

Have you something from your childhood that can revert you to a kid again?

For example 

- a show you used to watch

- an old toy you used to play with

- books you read

- films you saw

Or even just a game/ silly little things you used to do which take you back.

Like my dad used to pretend to be a face washing machine, I had to put a penny in his mouth to pay him and he'd grab hold of me to wash my face with a cloth  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Things making me feel young

-Daydreams

-Watch cartoons

-Anime/Manga

-Playing old games i love to freaking death

-Books

-Writing Fanfics

-Role Playing

-Making Ocs...

-MLP stuff

-Playing with my cat

-FIRE!

Thats my list...

• Brohoof 1

-watching cartoons, makes me feel like I'm not growing old...I always assumed getting older made you get boring and watch judge judy.

-going to a park and riding on those animals that rock back and forth. Hay yeah I'll tear the ground up with that sea otter.

-being around animals. I always feel so energized around them. Like I always have a connection.

-tire swings. Those are just the best.

-water parks. Because what else is more fun than fooling around with your friends at the pool? I went with my sister and some of her friends last time and ohgod this one girl that came tossed an ice cube and nailed some like 10 year old in the head as she was floating by in the lazy river. It was hilarious. We ran like crazy, cause her parents were right there :P

• Brohoof 2

what's makes me feel like a kid and care free is

1-Watching My Little Pony (of course)

2-Spending time with my little siblings

3-Hanging out with my brony friends

4-finding old things from my childhood

5-Helping my mom

I'm sure there are other things but I can't think of them right now

• Brohoof 2

Being friends with a girl who cares about me. 

Getting a really good grade on my tests, exams, and final grades

Getting compliments about my musical abilities, particularly on the piano.

Being able to solve a problem with my experiments or coming up with a new scientific idea to try.

A girl telling me "I love you" (Hasn't happened yet other than parents, but it would make me really giddy if it happened and if it was from a girl I liked)

Getting an awesome gift, like a new laptop or a new video game.

• Brohoof 1

- reading in general (I tend to enjoy young adult lit)

- eating cupcakes

- playing with a kitten

- watching cartoons

- looking through my old toys and stuffed animals

- going out on the town with friends - it always makes me feel 18 again, haha!

- playing video games (especially ones I liked when I was young!)

- going to my parents' house and hanging out there all day with them and my little siblings

- going to the park and swinging on the swing set and climbing on the jungle gyms

I'm 24, but I frequently let myself indulge in child-like activities. I always want to be young at heart <3 Just like my mom!

• Brohoof 1

I said this in another thread but it's worth a second mention. I remember when my oldest daughter reached the age of ascension. By this I mean the moment in a child's life where they don't put Play-Doh in their mouth. Anyway, I recall the moment I opened a new can (tub?) of the stuff to pass that which have learned; the memory inducing smell hit me and instantly took me back to when I was very young.

Music has that power too, but more appropriate to this board FiM has recently made me feel that youthful spirit in such a way that I was reminded of a Kenny Loggins lyric from Return to Pooh Corner -- "I swear that the old bear whispered "Boy welcome home.'"

:)

• Brohoof 2

Not much. Only two things are coming to mind: MLP and Star Trek. Why Star Trek? I dunno. Maybe because I grew up with it.

I always assumed getting older made you get boring and watch judge judy.

Reading this made me lol, which made me feel young and care free. Thanks. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

MLP and Star Trek. Why Star Trek? I dunno. Maybe because I grew up with it.

ST:TNG was the first TV show I was ever hyped for. My father bought Star Trek IV on VHS the moment he saw, and it had a teaser of the TV show. To this day I remember that moment as my first 'anticipation high'. Specific Trek episodes take me way back, even the pilots of DS9 and Voyager since I remember hanging out with friends when they aired. I traveled from elementary school though college and beyond watching TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT.

I'm starting to think you're the memory fairy Artemis. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Watching Star Wars and Star Trek considering I grew up watching both. I guess anything I hold nostalgia for makes me feel young and carefree.

Pixar and Disney movies, even the new ones, make me feel that way too. I can say Rapunzel has that affect on me. :)

• Brohoof 1