Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time buying merch?

Applesmack & Brandy

My first merchandise was a blind bag from ASDA and it was a Fluttershy, im not that phazed by buying the merchandise and am building up my collection nicely, I have even managed to get Princess Luna after spending 10 minutes feeling the bags for POUS (Ponies of Unusual Size) : )

I would love to get a Derpy Hooves figure or my Twilight Sparkle tail for cosplay xx

Edited by Derpyroo

I haven'y gotten anything yet.

That's one of the first things I'll do when I get my driver's license in about a week.

I have to wait two years for this. There is no close Walmart to me so I can't bike, maybe I could go to the on near my friends house one time, but I really want a T-shirt, and I can't get to one.

Since most of the MLP stuff I got were all gifted, the very first thing I bought was an MLP coloring book. It was one dollar at walmart and due to my schedule I only colored one page lol.

Edited by Snapdragon

• 2 years later...

My first time I bought something MLP related was a Fluttershy plush from Hobby Lobby, an art shop. I actually visited there a lot and noticed several MLP items but I never bought them. So my time finally came when I came back and bought it, just that one item, and left. Now I've got all kinds of merch, even a big Luna plushie and a small one too.

First item I bought was a rainbow dash plushie from target. I saw a bin of pluhies when my family went there and would feel embarrassed buying one. I went out with an excuse And went back with some money and bought a rainbow dash.

Edited by alpinefroggy

I was at the mall and my friend wanted me to get a Luna shirt from hot topic. so I walked around for a while thinking if I should get so I went back to hot topic and got the luna shirt :)

The first MlP thing I ever bought was a Vinyl Scratch vinyl figure from Hot Topic.

My first time ever was on Amazon - bought The Elements of Harmony; Journal Of The Two Sisters, and How To Draw: My Little Pony (the latter was purchased because Amazon said it was frequently bought with the others, and it was only 5 bits, so I thought, 'what the hay, might as well').

First time in person was at Target. The commodities purchased were the Rainbow Power Mane 6 brushables, plus three comic fun packs (Fluttershy, Rarity, and Luna).

I must say that it was the most fun I've ever had spending money. 

Hasbro became my knew drug hug dealer that day

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my first MLP merch today, two blind bags. Unfortunately, they aren't any major show characters. (I was hoping for Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.)

I went to the self-checkout to purchase them so I didn't have to face a cashier, and I was literally shaking when I put the money in the bill slot! :(  I was hoping people wouldn't think I was a diabetic on a sugar crash.

Why did I have to be so darn nervous? >_>

• 3 weeks later...

I ddin't care, at any age. I guess its because since I'm a girl, the shopkeepers didn't find it odd. Might be a different story if I were a man.

I buy everything online now, so *shrug*

• 1 month later...

My first time buying pony merch was the same day that I started watching MLP.

I bought 3 plushie keychain clips. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle.

I have almost all the ponies, the only one I'm missing is Apple Jack.

The first time I bought a T Shirt I bought it online at Redbubble.com. I still have yet to buy any mlp merch from a store... I still keep to myself that I like the show and all because of the lack of friends who like it.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

It was a brushable Fluttershy toy. I was still pretty young, so it wasn't weird for me to buy one at the time.

Here's the exact toy:

sig-3912273.Easter-Fluttershy-Brushable-

Edited by RubyRose

My first piece of MLP merch was my lovely Pinkie Pie 4DE plushie :pinkie: I still sleep with her every night and she just makes me smile by looking at her :) It sure took alot of hell to get her here, so having her was very worth the wait :P

My first time buying merch was very mundane. Mainly because I bought it online via ThinkGeek (when they used to carry more than two types of the MLP vinyl collectible figurines from Funko.)

To this day, the majority of my collection has come from either online stores (mainly Amazon), my family, or my friends.

Oh, I also bought a Ty branded Rainbow Dash plush from my local Walgreen's. The cashier on duty didn't care. He just rang it up and took my cash.

The first time I bought pony merchandise was when I went to a Comic-Con near my location with my friend, and I bought a Funko Pop! vinyl figure of Twlight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

My first piece of pony merchandise is a Rainbow Dash messenger bag. I got it at an anime/video game convention way back in 2012. I wanted to look for some pony merchandise that wasn't cheap or gaudy, so I got myself that bag. You can see it in the spoiler below.

20150705_170001.jpg

• Brohoof 1

First time I bought merch was this week, I went to a place in my city called Critical Hit, I went in with a friend and we were looking around and I saw a Sweetie Drops vinyl in one of the shelves. I was so nervous when I went to pay for it, but I bought it anyway.