Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time buying merch?

Applesmack & Brandy

I was wondering, what did ya'll do the first time you bought any merchandise?

The first time I bought any it was from Wal-Mart. When got up the courage to actully go and get a figure off the shelf (even though no one else was around) I put my first figure (Applejack) under a camo shirt which I was also getting, and got out of there as fast as I could. But now I strut in there, look everyone in the eye, and browse through all the MLP stuff, and proudly display what I got on my way out.

• Brohoof 5

MC Donalds happy meal.

Some say that they act wierd just because they want one so badly.

But i dont see why they should act wierd. I just went and orderd my stuff (Happy meal).

Same thing when i bought a DVD and 2 ponies. I dident care what they thought about me.

I haven'y gotten anything yet.

That's one of the first things I'll do when I get my driver's license in about a week.

• Brohoof 2

My first MLP toys were gifts so I didn't have to do anything. The only reason I felt embarrassed about asking or the MLP toys at McD's isn't because they're MLP-but because I felt rude going and asking just for the toys and then just leaving without ordering anything if they didn't have the right ponies.

As someone who has worked in retail for way too long, I can honestly say that whoever is behind the counter could not CARE LESS that you are buying MLP or anything "weird" so I wish it would stop being spoken about as though it were some huge, bizarre phenomena. The only time I ever raised an eyebrow to my co-workers about a customer is if they were acting like, like they were rushed or nervous about people seeing them (as, you know, a lot of people seem to describe how they act around anything MLP unless they've "come out"), because in that case I wonder what they're hiding/have they stolen anything/are they distracting me from something I need to pay attention to/etc.

I was wondering, what did ya'll do the first time you bought any merchandise?

The first time I bought any it was from Wal-Mart. When got up the courage to actully go and get a figure off the shelf (even though no one else was around) I put my first figure (Applejack) under a camo shirt which I was also getting, and got out of there as fast as I could. But now I strut in there, look everyone in the eye, and browse through all the MLP stuff, and proudly display what I got on my way out.

That's pretty much the same thing I did, I hid it under something until I got to the register. I was very nervous the first time but now that I buy a new figure every other weekend or so (gotta catch 'em all!) I'm not nervous at all. I just pick it up and walk up to the register with it just like I would with any other item. I haven't been questioned about buying MLP stuff yet but I'm eagerly awaiting the day that I am.
  • Brohoof 1

First MLP related thing I bought was a Twilight Sparkle figure from Target, wasn't too bad because I was also buying a new mouse and headset for my computer, so it looked like I was getting gifts I guess :P but i really could careless what people think of me haha I do as I want and act as I please, but not in a negetive way lol :x

Literally just bought my first figure, Rainbow Dash with a lil' Duckie~ I wanted Rarity but they only had one from a different line (with butterfly wings, too expensive) So I got Rainbow!

I pretty much just walked up and dug through the stall until I found it and walked off with it in plain view XD

• Brohoof 1

Literally just went to WallMart yesterday and spent $15 on pony blind bags. The only decent ponies I got were Applejack and Roseluck, but it was still totally worth it. I wasn't really nervous in the least, besides being nervous of what ponies I would get.
  • Brohoof 1

The first piece of pony merchandise I ever had my hands on was my brony shirt, but that doesn't count, I don't think. Otherwise, the first thing I bought was a Fluttershy Plush! I love it so much! I snuggle it every night...

• Brohoof 1

Blindbags. Here they cost 10 Swedish crowns, I used my awesome math skillz I learned in school and found out that it is 1.49 U.S. dollars!

And it wasn't really embarrassing, I just didn't give a buck.

Literally just went to WallMart yesterday and spent $15 on pony blind bags. The only decent ponies I got were Applejack and Roseluck, but it was still totally worth it. I wasn't really nervous in the least, besides being nervous of what ponies I would get.

You do know you can see what pony you will get by the numbers on the back, right? Edited by Arrow

My first (and only) time getting any merch was getting the McDonald's happy meal toys. I must have paced infront of the place for several minutes before I actually worked up enough courage to go in, and even then I waited until there was no one else in line before actually ordering. I had previously stalked a few of the stores in my area, but hadn't bought anything because the selection was usually too small or not what i was looking for.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

there are no wal marts around where I live but there several toy shops, unfortunaly they do have that much of mlp, I barely managed to get a rarity, pinkie and a fluttershy.

not much of a story I suppose, I just entered to see if the y had ANYTHING at all, found them, paid and left with a huge smile

Edited by ios

I've never actually bought pony stuff in a store, like a Target or Toys 'R Us, but I don't see myself caring too much, considering some of the other things I've bought in stores.

Everything I have I either got online or at BronyCon.

• Brohoof 1

The first things I bought were a Shine Bright Rainbow Dash and an Easter Fluttershy, on Toysrus.com, so that incredibly boring story doesn't count.

The first time buying ponies in a store, I got five of the blind bag figures in this packaging:post-1320-0-87648600-1332898438_thumb.jpg

Fluttershy wasn't released in this set, but my local Big Lots had all five of the ones that were released. I grabbed them, some stuff for a school project, and checked out without an issue other than my nervousness.

I got a friend 'on the inside' at McD (employee)...

We've got this whole thing down. Totally secretive and everything. And you know, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know I'm into this stuff, but rather into getting random stuff. "Get me the pretty one" is all I tell him.

But he's told me stories of people coming in just to buy the pony toys...really they don't care. "What else are minimum wagers supposed to do?" is how he describes it :P

I bought my first shirt off of Welovefine. No nervousness whatsoever.

However, I had a hard time wearing the shirt until a few people complimented it with honesty. That made me feel better. The next time I wore it, I had no idea over what people thought. And it was the steampunk pony shirt that some of you know about. Brony or not, I think many people would agree that that is a cool shirt.

McD's is the first ponydise for me. I am going to go further and start collecting the mane 6 from Target, Walmart, etc. I don't really want any of the others (no offense bronies).