Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Tilgoreth

Hello there. :) let's see if we can't get you sorted first.

Character seems fine, so I'll give you a ticket to the RP. Good luck trying to out-sarcasm me though. :P

As for placement, it seems you have some interest in what Seamore have set up, so that's an option if you can set it up, but otherwise do know that you don't have to be part of the continuity if you don't want to. You could have something set on tge side that can then be tangled into the main story later, or not at all, if you'd prefer that. :)

Still, I'd like to try and help, so... @Seamore Sandwich? Perhaps I can help both you and the new face.

It will be late tonight I can get to create one, but I could make a fanatic to the cult, who have lured Silga in with the promise of power, under the banner of a great hero.

He/she will have had a family in service for generations, awaiting the hero to return, and now that he is, this pony will do everything he can to add to his followers and follow his words.

I still need to work out some details, but it's a raw idea. Could also be separated with just the cultost for you Seampre, and another of my current OC's for a separate endeavor for you Tilgoreth. Lemme know the thoughts of you both and we can proceed with things from there.

===========================

@Moonlit

Sorry to hear that. :( Gotta be annoying to say the least.

=========================

@Widdershins

I'm gonna keep poking you about it in the RP until I eventually see them, or you find some way to distract Happy from the subject. He's persistent like that. ^^ Heh.

I think you did well with Bonbon and Lyra to be honest. At least what little I know of them, and we all have some head cannons here and there. Long as it ain't disruptive to things (and doesn't go against Fluttercord) I see no issue. Adding a bit of personal touch can be good after all. :)

Still, if you prefer Rarity, you can go ahead and take her. I only used her for a short while, so give her a rinse and she should be fresh. ^_^

As for the referrences, it was the Dr. Who I missed it seems. I'm not British, so I haven't grown up with it, so that sort of thing was an easy one to miss for me. Whoops. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I think that could work.  T-Sparks doesn't seem like a character that would stick around long in the cult, but as a new initiate it might make a bit more sense, so it's up to @Tilgorethwether or not they'll join that way.  I'll give you control over how the millennia will have warped the cult's practices.  The beginnings of the cult would involve knowledge of healing magics as well as power restoration and the transference of magic.  There would also be some magic involved in preparing weapons and other gear to face certain types of enemies.  Merely polishing his armor would have been considered an honor.  The cult however would have always stayed away from combat.  They mostly prepared him for his travels and were there to help him recover when he returned.  An important part of all of this would be passing down the stories of his heroics.  He would usually travel with other accomplished heroes.  He almost always escaped nearly unscathed.  Many of the heroes he fought alongside who were injured would have been brought back to the sanctuary to be healed, and would tell tales of how he had saved their lives, vanquishing their enemies in the process.  It would often be recorded which Hero told the tale (not any canon heroes because the time he is from doesn't line up with any that have been mentioned).

I've decided to wait until tomorrow to post.  Maybe then I'll be able to post for the Hero as well (I haven't come up with a name yet, so I'll properly introduce him in the next post).

@Midnight_Aurora

Take the time you need my friend. ^_^ Just good to hear from you.

========================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

So no combat, the cult generally have a healing and protective perspective with magic befitting of it... Okay, idea slung out here.

After how long the cult have gone, the initial magic that were left in their care have diminished over time. Gone are the years when they could simply whip up a healing spell or give energy without consequence, as the diminishing energy more and more got used to keep the armor and trinkets of their fabled hero ready for his arrival. It leaves his gear prepared for his coming, but the cult with diminished power, leaving them to use alternative methods to get the power needed for their vigil.

The ones who are proven to be devoted, will have a trinket forged with a special set of tools, linking this object with their body. It allows them healing and protective magic to some extend, but it comes at the price of themselves. Fatigue is common with those who use this magic often, and short lives follows, as the trinkets transfers the energy of the bearer into raw, magical energy.

The cultists believes it to be a high honor to use this to protect and serve those that carries their mark, or whom might be worthy to join them, and welcomes the inevitable end that it entails. In part because they believe that doing so is doing the will of their hero, who would wish for the cult to stay prosperous and strong for his arrival, and because their final breath fuels a spell in the trinket, returning a portion of the energy it have filtered trough it to their main power source, making sure there is still a source of magic ready for when the hero comes back.

It is a perversion of the olden ways born of desperation, when they found their magic source wouldn't last forever, but they believe they are doing exactly what needs to be done, and that those who give up their life in this way will receive the hero's blessing in the great beyond. I could imagine he would have reservations against these practices when he returned, as well as other things regarding their practices that have gone from prayers and preparation, to indoctrination and preservation. If he will understand I don't know, but I could imagine that he might attempt to change this. Help refuel the magical source they nearly lost, and find a way to shatter the bond with the current true cultists and their trinkets, but that's your character and I have no idea how he'd react to these subservient beings who have lost the sight of how they were supposed to only save, and not on sacrificing themselves in his name like fanatics.

As for unicorns in the group, they are still either initiates, or cultists, and the cultists gladly still carry the trinkets. It's seen as more noble with them as they already have energy, and therefore much more they can eventually give to the cause.

Anyway, raw idea, but refusal or approval of this sort of thing will help me understand what you're aiming for Seamore. :) I just tried to keep the focus on the transfer, and what time, crazed preachers blind to the whole truth, and desperate measures might have caused.

ugVCxpX.png

I don't have a name for him yet,  but I started of wanting one called Pale Horse. After fiddling around however, I liked this better and have reeled the name back to a maybe because this shows what I meant with their methods draining them. He's been with the cult since he were born, his family having served for five generations and none of the last three generations living past age 40 since taking up the draining methods. He's around his late twenties, and he shows clear markings that even if he's at good health, the trinket takes of him.

Draining him of color slowly, the lime (think it's lime, not entirely sure) have drained out over the years, leaving only parts of it left on his hooves, legs, tail, back, inside feathers and mane. In time, it will drain too, leaving him entirely pale. His eyesight is unrelated to this, as I think making him blind over time was too much, though these fitted him. :3 So short sighted he is, in several ways. Zing. :P

He is one of the more likeable and charismatic of the cultists, and is often tasked with recruitment because of that. It can be a while between them getting a new member, but he haves a knack of finding the lost looking for a meaning in their life, criminals desperate for a chance to redeem themselves, those who wishes to protect, but lacks the courage to take the jump, etc. Basically anypony who is vulnerable, and whom he thinks can be saved under the hero's guidelines.

He doesn't see anything wrong in the teachings he have grown up with, nor how he will not be making it to old age unless something changes, and he have lived most of his life devoted without fault.

However, after having a son and a daughter last year, he have found himself with doubts in the ways. Not many, and he dismisses them mostly, but thoughts about how the purpose might have been polluted, and how he could be leading his foals into a life of pointlessness surfaces now and again, though he dares not speak it to anypony. He doesn't want to be marked a heretic and be punished, or have his foals and wife - also a cultist - feeling the backlash of his actions.

Punishment like this is one of the reasons he is having doubts, since he is starting to wonder how this can be okay, when they are supposed to be serving as squires for a great, noble hero of old. Yet indoctrination and slight fear means his mind constantly battles these worries, and keeps him in line. At least for now. What might happen when the hero returns though, is anypony's guess, and his actions will be formed from what he sees then.

Again, raw sketch, but I think this is a suitable base for a character. :) Thoughts?

@Seamore Sandwich

Nice name, and yey for getting accepted with the idea. ^_^

I have a bit more on my char now too to add to things. His name is... Off the top of my head as I write this as I go... Sugar Lime. Yeah, I like that one. Bit of sweet, bit of sour, more than you expect when you take him in.

Anyway, his cutie mark required me to make a small edit, but here goes.

BOJhgJe.png

Pale music nodes. He will tell that it represents his talent for singing and cheering up those around him - I think we have a bard for your hero here too, thinking about it - but it actually is more historical, like the one who lured the rats out of town with his flute. It shows his talent to lure others with him, and he got it after getting his first initiate back to the cultists lair.

I also have a familiar tie with another of my chars.

NtDBSw8.png

Belladonna, his elder sister. I always had a hard time thinking about why she were so secretive about her past and why she were a mess getting to Canterlot, now I can use this to explain it. She's a heretic that tried to escape after she realized the truth, got caught by changelings, recaptured later on, and punished until she made an escape five years ago. Sugar doesn't know that she is still alive, as he have been told that she died with remorse to her actions to spare his family the humiliation of being related to a heretic, but she is secretively looking for him, and wants to get him out of there before he dies. By force if needed.

Might come in handy later on to have this, in case something needs to go wrong or I'm bored and wants to poison my own character. :)

Well, that's why I'm cautious to do that, B.B. Kind of feel like it would require a concentrated effort, big enough to detract from what else I would be doing in the thread. I can't help but think that would require several other characters and even perhaps the Apple family if Ambie is living with them. Heck, way I imagine Victoria, she's likely to march straight up to the 50-foot dragon & demand he sit down and behave "like a proper Gentlecolt!"  

I don't want to tax myself. As it stands, I don't have much getting in the way of being on this thread full-time, but somedays are taken up entirely by just checking notifications! 

I suppose though, that Lyra, Bonny & Rarity would kind of work on an as-needed basis, should anybrony ask for such. Though... tacking onto that, I kind of want to say that Sweetie Drops has a bit of a history with trying to contain Widdershins back when he stumbled on this dimension once before. (and yes, Bon Bon kind of is my favorite of the three!)

Oh, which reminds me. You want the Anomaly V. 2.3 to eventually meet up with the Anomaly V. 2.0 that's guiding Shineling around so you can fuse back together?

Also, Fluttercord is tol' bunk, you know that?! A guy can just roomie with a mare without it being a thing, ya know?! That is, if we can even say that Discord is male enough to even consider a relationship that in depth. Fluttershy is likely the only friend he's had in some several thousand years, gettin' hitched seems a bit fast for him.

...yes, I know we're talkin' Discord here....

"S why ya don't see much shipping for Luna or Celestia. Kinda hard to pair up somebeing that's Immortal!

@Blitz Boom

Capture and punishment seems a bit too dark for the cult.  In order for the story I have planned to work, the cultists need to be good ponies, trustworthy and kind, even if their methods seem a little extreme.  The idea that they would give everything and would encourage others to do the same may be dark in its own way, but it's also noble.  It would still make sense for Belladonna to have left and to not want to talk about the cult, and even wanting to get her brother out of it.  I realize that defining it as a cult may seem like a negative term, but it's not meant in a negative way.  I probably should have clarified that earlier.  I feel like a strong focus on the tales and legends would help sway newcomers, especially if they're constantly being shared, even while working.  The work would go much faster that way, and seem less like work.  The tales would include a combination of powerful battle magic, hoof to hoof combat, and strategic planning.  If it's easier to base the stories in mythology, be my guest.  If you want to start off with a post showing the new initiates around, I feel it would be a good way to start.  It'll give @Tilgoreth a chance to join in if the situation is suitable.  What do you think @Tilgoreth, will this idea work for you?

• Brohoof 1

@Seamore Sandwich

Eh, I can alter the punishment clause to instead being them trying to convince her to return, and a chain added because she were acting hostile towards them. Minor stuff, but not too dark when considering everything. :) And Sugar can just think there is punishment because it's eluded to in the text, but in reality just means he won't be in the hero's favor when he returns. A verbal threat more than anything, but befitting fanatics.

As for the rest, I can have Sugar show them around no problem, and remember to keep a focus on the tales of old regarding their order. How they see themselves as squires preparing for the inevitable return of their hero, what they used to be like, and how they will once again be when he returns. I think tossing in word about how they help ponies in need will also be of some help, though that might be later in along with the whole *don't fight, just protect* deal. A little at a time.

And @Tilgoreth we haven't started yet, but essentially yes, you would start out with no powers. There are different ranks in the order as far as I can tell, and new ones are places as initiates. They help around, learn the scriptures, and starts to be indoctrinated slowly. In time the initiates will either jump off because this order is not for them, or they will rise to become squires, at which point they will undergo the ritual binding them with a trinket that contains the magic path they can offer. I have no idea how the trinkets look like, but it's likely individual.

I can imagine your char wouldn't have been told she had to wait to gain power, so might be a reason for her to leave early on, but eh, it is a start. :)

==========================================================================

@Widdershins

I don't know if I want to make the split Anomaly fuse with the old one yet to be honest. Might be original one ends up just checking her memories out, then makes her avatar into it's own creature. Of course, the avatar would no longer have the abundance of chaos magic a draconequui haves since her just making new draconequui seems like a horrible idea to have around, but beyond that, I'm going to wing it all as things goes along.

And you don't need to get the family involved if you won't. Happy will push for it as it fits his curious character, but eventually he'll stop, think it not worth it, and then wander off to another place. Only difference Ambie's parents will do is whatever or not Happy will stay in town to speak with him the next day as it stands right now. But hey, not like I don't have like, 20 OC's and NPC's to use if it is. ^^

As for Fluttercord, I support it as I see more evidence for that than the silly Celestiacord that some tries to push, and because the story Bride of Discord is a major part in pushing me into this fandom. The pairings worked well, especially Flutters and Discord, and so I find that engaging and well... My thread allows me some degree of control over a few basics. :P Booyah.

I'm not saying it will happen in like, a week of RP time (More like years really, considering the chars) but the foundation is still good to have around. ^^

And yes, that also means I find Spike and Applejack neat (dang song where Applejack cries over him not noticing her keep getting me to cry as well) but I haven't seen a need to push something like that in. :)

As fro Celestia and Luna... Well, can't say how that would go, but would be interesting to see. Especially Celestia, since her adoptive son (only cannon in this thread) would perhaps have some words about that. :P

@Blitz Boom  Oh aye, Discestia is even lower on my totem pole there! I don't know about you, but I'd hold a bit of a grudge for being turned to stone for a thousand years. It's very boring in stone. I imagine.

Ooh! SpikeJack is a thing?! (*excited clapping* Yays! We're talking shipping!) I didn't know there was a song between them? I know there's that one episode where Spike gets all obsessively loyal to helping AJ after she saves him & she has to shake him off. Kind of goes a way towards showing that they're close to similar personalities, both earthy, loyal & honest sorts, if a lil' bit dumb n' funny. Think that's what's important if you plan to pair characters up with the intent of providing a happy life for them.

Give somebeing like Discord to poor ol' Fluttershy, she'll NEVER get any peace ever again! I think Discord needs somepony who's just as assertive & fun-loving as he is, but still opposite enough to require a constant push to be outgoing. Preferably somepony who's also immortal. *COUGHLUNA!!!COUGH!*  Oh, sorry about that, caught a bug in my typing-throat there for a second.

@Widdershins

I'm doing this somewhat reluctantly, but i feel you need to hear it.

(in case it turns out I can't link stuff like this, I apologize in advance and will remove it right away if prompted)

The whole story is rather great and gives some interesting views on things in my mind, but I prefer to read the last chapter. The voice actor for Discord changed and... Well, the replacement wasn't good.

Anyway, this is about... Halfway in or so, after Applejack helps Spike set up a dinner date for him and Rarity because she doesn't know how to say no to him.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm about to start sobbing again.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom  Some rather lot of emotion put into that, till about halfway through I was sure it was just a religious song played over pony pictures. There's that meme in the fandom too, "Applejack cries on the inside." Rather fitting.

Thing is, kind of always pegged AJ as not the emotional sort or one to really think all that much about dates or anything that didn't include running the farm. We've had episodes of Rarity going to wits end to make her relax & stop fixing things. But! I'll grant you this, B.B! It seems that lately in the show Spike is pretty much over Rarity. Sure, if she starts getting flirtatious he's gonna cave like any boy would to his childhood crush, but it kind of seems like he's accepted now that it ain't gonna happen with Rarity. There seems to be a sort of thread between Spike & Applehorse that they're friends & equals, something I think both of them need. Maybe a relationship where you feel you have to earn some high class mare's attention isn't a healthy start. And perhaps why they had get into puppylove with Rarity, because we all do that at some point. He is still young after all. Aaand pretty much the only male around.

And if you ask me, I think Rarity is alot more likely to have qualms dating a dragon than AJ would. Not that there aren't some real cute voiceover fanfics of teen Spike coming back to confess to his old crush!

Don't see why they'd want you to take it down. Only if it was explicit or something. 

@Widdershins

Some sites are iffy with having video links, so I just want to cover my flank really. :)

And hey, perhaps in the show things are as you see it, but I have read and heard this story far more than I have seen clips from the actual show, so for me it holds more. Emotions for example, as I remember the story before and after that song, which makes it sad for me. (Yes, I cried. Sue me)

As for Rarity... I don't know. What I've seen in the Wiki and from clips does not support her having something for a dragon from what I can glance. She's too focused on living the good life in high places, and the nobles therein. I find it more likely she'll hook up with a noble or other pony of high standing that can give her a luxurious life, but again, might just be what I see from my limited point of view. :) Either way, good to not have the same opinion on things. Differences leads to conversation, and from my wordy posts, I think you can tell I like that. :P

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Oh, there was a story around that song clip too? Well that explains it loads better! It's not that I disagree though, but separate continuities and all, you know? Like, hopefully if you ever come across a creepypasta or something where Applejack is some sort of psychopathic killer or something, it doesn't cripple your view of this. But that's the hole we're in with shipping, ain't it? They work together well, but we don't see the two together very often in the show itself so we've not much to go on.

Aye, and that's the thing with Rarity and why I think alot don't like her. She's an ambitious mare after all, it'd likely take alot for her to settle in a small county town like Ponyville. I kind of see her like Maribelle from Fire Emblem. She clearly has ambitions to marry as high up in society as she can, but when she does start getting serious with Crom, Mr. Blue-eyed Prince of Everything, she blushes so much that its clear she didn't think she'd actually succeed at it! Some may have trouble seeing past the snoot!

Oh, and as for the Ambie line, I'm thinking I could perhaps have him write a letter, if you can convince him, and by the next day his parents will have immediately arrived unannounced.  I'd want Ambie to be caught by surprise, but then that would mean that his parents would likely hunt him down to the farm, thus requiring the Apple family to be involved & I don't see how Happy Hour could get embroiled in all that too. 

...and speaking of "next day" Heh, think we've kind of gone overtime in that plotline too.

@Blitz Boom,

Hey. So where did we leave off. If am not mistaken, we left off with what Silverwing did and the reaction to it. We also, left off with Cacora following her escort. I am in a bit of writer's block for Cacora. Can't think of anything. Also, Cacora still doesn't know she is now a non princess royal. So she doesn't know exactly what she can do. She will for now still be as if she is disguised.

I also, have to reread the post for Silverwing. So it will be a bit for my post. I don't want to drop. Also, if you have heard of the RP M.E.C.H., then Deltawing would be more revealed. However, I will try to locate her for you.

@Midnight_Aurora

Silverwing blurted out things that made Belladonna give him a small lecture before preparing to leave, that's the last bit I remember. Rosa and Cacora were on their way to a tunnel entrance that would lead them unseen toward King Thorax. You can just make a little in Cacora's mind about how it was too calm and more scouts should be out, Rosa being weird, or whatever, and have her walk on. I can take it from there with showing the entrance and potentially adding a bit of conflict. Depends on my mood when we get there. :)

I haven't heard of that other RP. With the limited time I have to go around here, I focus on this one, and the one other RP I'm part of, to make sure my focus goes to the right place. :)

Uh-heh-huh... S-sorry I haven't been around lately, @Blitz Boom & @Dji! I've got, like, nine people in messages to keep up with among all the updates plus things to do in real life! Heh, please don't leave me any further behind! What am I, a week past responding now? I meant to get into it today but everything else sort of ate up my time.... mostly the sitting in front of the youtube part. So, ah, the same Time Management excuse again! 

@Tilgoreth

Pity, but that happens. :) We're here if your time becomes more free in the future. ^^

=============================================================================

@Widdershins

Heh, I know the curse. So many videos to see, so little time to do both that and everything else in a given day. :) Looking forrward to seeing you when you're not as busy as you are currently. ^^

• Brohoof 2

On 8/3/2017 at 1:13 AM, Blitz Boom said:

@Midnight_Aurora

Silverwing blurted out things that made Belladonna give him a small lecture before preparing to leave, that's the last bit I remember. Rosa and Cacora were on their way to a tunnel entrance that would lead them unseen toward King Thorax. You can just make a little in Cacora's mind about how it was too calm and more scouts should be out, Rosa being weird, or whatever, and have her walk on. I can take it from there with showing the entrance and potentially adding a bit of conflict. Depends on my mood when we get there. :)

I haven't heard of that other RP. With the limited time I have to go around here, I focus on this one, and the one other RP I'm part of, to make sure my focus goes to the right place. :)

It was Delta's original first RP. However, Delta has gone through allot of overhaul to get to the point she is at now. The only problem I may see with her is the advanced magitech cybernetics she has and the fact that she is also blind by birth with an almost daredevil like sense to see with. However, she doesn't just listen better all of her other senses received a boost. She even gained a form of ESP called magic sight. She can she the different kinds of magic that flows through a being. And this is in the small body of what looks like a Pegasus filly. But she is a full grown adult. But as I said her cybers are what would make things hard for RPs, sense she uses a magical technological based system. A perfect hybrid of magic and technological science to the point of harmony.

@Blitz Boom

Now would be a good time to discuss what should happen when the amulet meets the element, considering how close they are right now.

Should they explode, should the element overpower the amulet, should the amulet over power the element, should to they do absolutely nothing, Or should they cancel eachother out?

As you can tell how they should react is kinda a loaded question, or that's just me. Although my thinking is the element of greed would over power the amulet, since the element of greed is older and is more powerful as it is well, the element of greed, there's also the idea that the amulet was inspired by the element of greed and thus not as strong, since trying to replicate a element of disharmony would likely be difficult.

@Midnight_Aurora

Eh, I don't see the issue. Just wing it and say that an eccentric inventor got carried away with a blind filly he found, and got lucky with mixing it perfectly between tech and magic. A process he's been unable to replicate again. Might not fit the original idea, but with the more... Technologically stagnant world we're in, it's either that for an explanation, or a portal from another dimension/timeline. Or you know, just wave it away as *It's from somewhere else where they do weird things. Not important.*. I'm sure you can think of something else too, but basically, it's not an issue as long as there's a passable explanation for things. :)

As for being a Daredevil sort of char, even less of a problem. She's enhanced so you know, you could just put it on the *perks of being teched up on* list. Or eh, go just with *natural ability* give her a bit larger ears than normal ponies, and then call it a day. :)

======================================================================

@Lloyd

I think the greed overpowering it would be a bad idea, because then there'd be no counter to Warlock at all, and he needs something to work against him. You also gotta think on Greed having been dormant for a while whilst he have been gone, whilst the amulet have gorged for unknown centuries, so it'd likely not give up without a fight.

Perhaps have the two of them affect eachother in a pretty bad way when they're near one another? Say, the both of them tries to absorb the power of the other, causing an imploding rift in the air that would lead to a rather large explosion soon after the contraction of the space around them. Would mean we couldn't use this to trap Warlock, he'd have a way out of things currently, and we'd still have something to hold over his head to make it less Mary Sue like. :) Plus, you could technically use it to your advantage if you brace yourself right. :)

Also yes, the amulet and the crown were more than likely designed with Greed in mind. Makes a good deal of sense.

Anyway, if you have other ideas on how to balance things if the amulet were less effective, I'm all ears. Try and convince me mate. :D

@Blitz Boom

Well taking that into consideration, technically he'd still be unbeatable, without the amulet to stop him or help him, although with a reaction like that, Warlock would desire to stay as far away from the amulet as possible and anypony who wore the amulet would want to stay away from Warlock.

Well there's also the chance that once Warlock doesn't have the element anymore, then it could be used. But it's unlikely he'd take it off with it infused into his chest.