Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Wehlip! Procrastinated and didn't have time to touch on the rest of them! Made headway though!

Sorry about that, @Dji, your post kind of came in while I was making mine. I do hope thought that mine is still vague enough to consider your response as having just happened too?

On 8/5/2017 at 8:50 AM, Midnight_Aurora said:

It was Delta's original first RP. However, Delta has gone through allot of overhaul to get to the point she is at now. The only problem I may see with her is the advanced magitech cybernetics she has and the fact that she is also blind by birth with an almost daredevil like sense to see with. However, she doesn't just listen better all of her other senses received a boost. She even gained a form of ESP called magic sight. She can she the different kinds of magic that flows through a being. And this is in the small body of what looks like a Pegasus filly. But she is a full grown adult. But as I said her cybers are what would make things hard for RPs, sense she uses a magical technological based system. A perfect hybrid of magic and technological science to the point of harmony.

hey this is off topic but the detail you put in to your oc pony is beautiful 

@Midnight_Aurora  That's some, like, five or six special powers? I really don't know what you're saying anymore. Granted, as the Spirit of Confusion, that's pretty common for me and little reflection onto you, but regardless, it has me worried.

It's kind of intimidating the more you tack onto a character, right? If they can't go a day without explaining everything about themselves everytime they meet somepony new, that'll get in the way of Playing the Role, right? Because wouldn't anyone ask about the network of cybernetics? The more magic/power you have the more responsibility. Too much ESP or magicky hoopla and you have to go around warning others not to jostle you too much because your basically a Mana Battery & could blow at any moment. That sort of importance, I feel, kind of gets in the way of being a friend or just sitting down to tea with others. If all the import is on what your capable of, of what you can effect around you in times of crises or whatnot else... then where's the room to be just a character, another living being? 

It's... I'm not saying your work is bad or anything... I'm just worried is all.

Edit: Oh, but I do fully agree with Amys. The amount of work you've done is inspiring!

Edited by Widdershins

@Lloyd

Interesting that you should bring up Null and Void. They might actually well here, since they either dissipates magic, of nullify it within a certain range if we're talking curse magic. Hadn't thought of that before, but this could prove useful in the posts ahead. :3 Good idea mate. Especially since as you say, we can't exactly just tear the element out of Warlock's chest like it was nothing.

===============================

@Radience

Have fun in Murderland. ^_^ I hope the spiders leave you alone, as well as all the other horrors. Remember to check your shoes often and don't annoy the locals. Their bite is likely venemous too. :P hehe.

===============================

@Little Snowdrop

Hello, fellow tinkerer. ^_^ I like the bios, so welcome to the RP. :)

Normally I have a few things to point at and ask, but tgis seems all fine and dandy in my book, so no issues there, plus I think I know who to have you interact with, unless you wish to wander into the currently half-ruined and overrun by workers Ponyville. A bit chaotic to start in, but I can explain it and point out some of the groups there currently you could speak with.

If you'd prefer to be eased into tgat however, or have something away from it entirely, I'd be happy to have Blitz and Molotov Boom interact with you. They're tinkerers as well, and working on wings of their own (you can find links to both in the google doc link beneath my siggy) at varying degrees of success. They're messing with all kinds of other things though, and since they come from a town of scientists (somewhat recently invaded and left barren of others) there is a good deal of papers that's awaiting new owners. Perhaps some of the biology and applied magic papers could be interesting to tease your char with. :)

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Lemme know mate, how'd you like to start? Plummeted into the action, or taking the long road towards it, one step at a time?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

but I can explain it and point out some of the groups there currently you could speak with.

Yeah, I think I could indeed need a little introduction :P

If you'd prefer to be eased into tgat however, or have something away from it entirely, I'd be happy to have Blitz and Molotov Boom interact with you. They're tinkerers as well, and working on wings of their own (you can find links to both in the google doc link beneath my siggy) at varying degrees of success. They're messing with all kinds of other things though, and since they come from a town of scientists (somewhat recently invaded and left barren of others) there is a good deal of papers that's awaiting new owners. Perhaps some of the biology and applied magic papers could be interesting to tease your char with. :)

Well, I guess it would be pretty interesting to let Blitz and Molotov meat Floating and Steampunk. And since Steampunk is interested in mechanical stuff and travels around alot anyway, it could be imaginable that he wants to travel to Centre Zero or something...

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Lemme know mate, how'd you like to start? Plummeted into the action, or taking the long road towards it, one step at a time?

Okay, since I've never done a RP like that before (most RPs I've done before were a bit... different...), I would be happy to take the long and easy way :P Maybe I could start from the village Steampunk Gear and Floating Matter live and take a travel to Ponyville later or something like that... maybe it's better for me to take some time to just start to feel and think like them instead of only play them anyway. So if you have an idea how Steampunk and Floating could meat up with Blitz and Molotov, I'll just go along with it :D

Thanks for welcoming me in the RP :yay:,

Snow.

@Little Snowdrop

It wouldn't be too hard to introduce you to the Boom siblings really. After Center Zero was attacked, Molotov gathered all the research papers, and are in the process of doling them out to the beings the owners of said research meant were best suited for them, or who he know by reputation is the kind who would use it to further their research, and share with the world eventually. I could easily have him bring Blitz around with him because he doesn't want to be separated from her anymore, and have her living with him near Ponyville, so she could still get to her workshop when she wanted to, or when she were working on side projects, etc. Base is, they'll be wandering around with eachother.

Which brings me to the main thing, which is that Molotov could be in the town where Floating and Steampunk is to deliver papers to a prominent researcher in their field. Biology and Applied Magic per se, and then we could see how things worked from there. I can even make Center Zero a place to go eventually, though it will have some guards there, just in case the OC's aren't comfortable with them. It's only been two weeks since he called them in to check roughly, and there's likely still some there, just in case something happens that requires the place to be checked out. Could be they'd show up and he'd take over again, beginning with activating the security system.

But that's details fro along the lines. Point is, I can make it happen that the pair comes to town, then we take it from there. :)

As for introducing the other groups, I think I'll do that when we get closer to Ponyville then, but it does involve a dryad speaking with a huge dragon, a semi-army of couriers there to help rebuild the town, a forepony who'll likely knock the next one out who gets on her nerves, two unique draconequui, a plant pony, a fox-like pony, and about 5 NPC's going around. :) Oh right, some changelings and... Assorted others. I can't remember all. :/

If it sounds grand, I can write an intro post with the two headed towards your town tomorrow, then we can take it from there?

Also, no worries on being a bit on new ground. I started doing highly violent RP before this. Had to tone the uhm... Sadistic tones down a ton going in here, but you get used to it. :)

I wouldn't mind joining this RP if that's alright. I haven't done much roleplaying besides a little bit in DMs so I'm pretty new to this but I think this could be a good way for me to decide if I like RPing or not.

If you could give me any tips on getting started that would be much appreciated, I often look through these RPs and think it looks a little difficult to insert yourself into an ongoing story.

I'd probably use my main OC Battenberg, this is her profile: 

@Battenberg

Hello there, and thank you for the interest. ^^

I'll address something quickly before going to the bio: I know it can be difficult to just slide into an ongoing RP, which is why I'm more than willing to just begin with your char on easier grounds to the side, then eventually direct you towards the rest of thing. It tends to help the more unsure ones and those who doesn't want to read a 100 pages of RP. :)

Anyway, the character looks good. ^^ You're in.

It says she's in a baking shop in Mahehattan, yes? Would you prefer for it to start there then by chance? I have somepony I might be able to use for that called Circle Pop. She haves a candy store in Ponyville, but travels around to try new tastes and see what's what. Could easily be she had been in Manehattan for something and passed by a particularly intriguing baking shop. :3

=====================================================================

@Little Snowdrop

Hey, forgot to mention, I kinda need your confirmation on if I should proceed as suggested before I do so. I'll make some time to make one tomorrow for you if that is. :)

10 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Little Snowdrop

Hey, forgot to mention, I kinda need your confirmation on if I should proceed as suggested before I do so. I'll make some time to make one tomorrow for you if that is. :)

Oh... okay then: just proceed as suggested ^_^

Edited by Little Snowdrop
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

It says she's in a baking shop in Mahehattan, yes? Would you prefer for it to start there then by chance? I have somepony I might be able to use for that called Circle Pop. She haves a candy store in Ponyville, but travels around to try new tastes and see what's what. Could easily be she had been in Manehattan for something and passed by a particularly intriguing baking shop. :3

That could work quite nicely, two sweet store owners could get on well.

@Little Snowdrop

I don't know. Plenty of names you can think about if it is, I'm sure. :) Vision Village or something focusing on their ideals to look forward?

An issue though we need to address. Since you said it was fine if I started in the city, that is exactly where I began everything, not in a forest on the way there. I can correct it easily so they are in a fitting place, but please, remember where others are the next time, okay? :P

Also, wanting to ask. Since you have a town of scientists as well, what's your thoughts on that one, and Center Zero knowing eachother? Might be in a rivalry sort of way, or in somewhat friendly terms, but I can imagine the findings both towns make and publish would catch the sight of at least some from the other eventually.

=================================================================================

@Battenberg

Nice. ^^ Word of warning though, I may have her significant other run along with as well. Depends on what mood strikes me when I start writing, since I don't usually plan too much in advance. A few pointers at best,t hen see where things go. ^^

===================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Have fun out there Seamore. ^^ I hope you have a truly awesome time, and that you remember to take pictures. Would be cool to see a few snippets of how it were for ya. :)

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

An issue though we need to address. Since you said it was fine if I started in the city, that is exactly where I began everything, not in a forest on the way there. I can correct it easily so they are in a fitting place, but please, remember where others are the next time, okay? :P

On 8.8.2017 at 10:08 PM, Blitz Boom said:

headed towards your town

Sry, I thought you meant that they were on the way towards the village, but not yet there... D:

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Also, wanting to ask. Since you have a town of scientists as well, what's your thoughts on that one, and Center Zero knowing eachother? Might be in a rivalry sort of way, or in somewhat friendly terms, but I can imagine the findings both towns make and publish would catch the sight of at least some from the other eventually.

Well, that's a great idea... maybe they can cooperate with each other and exchange informations about their research projects and results or something like that... I think that a rival sort of way wouldn't make much sence, since Molotov wouldn't come to Vision Village (I actually like this name :yay:) then, would he? They also could use some communication technology a few scientists of the two towns could habe invented... I think there is indeed some potential!

Well, back to the "spot issue": I have seen a RP forum where at the beginning of every post they write down a short mark where they begin their post (or where their last one ended), and at the end of it they write down the name (or a little description) of the place where the scene ends. Maybe that could be helpfull to avoid such problems in the future...

@Blitz Boom, @Amys-pmvs, @Widdershins,

Actually @Widdershins, Delta's strengths is also her limiting factor. And not really. Normally, her sight is magical and Daredevilish in nature. It's her go to sight type. However, there is normally too much magic for her to see properly with it.

@Blitz Boom, as for the experiment thing, Delta's personality world of had her turn him over to the guard at first chance.

@Amys-pmvs, I thank you on that. I love to flesh out all aspects of my OCs to a basics and then go from there.

@Blitz Boom, as for the AU thing. That's actually how she would have ended up on cannon Equestria. One of her mom's newest inventions backfire while they were working on it and sends Delta into another dimension.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora
  • Brohoof 1

@Midnight_Aurora

I'm gonna have to ask you to say that first sentence towards me again, because I have no idea what you were trying to say mate. Best bet I have is *Delta's personality would have caused her to be turned over to the guards at first sight* but I can't say for sure. Sorry. :/

Also, if that is the case, I haev really lost track of something. What about her personality would get her locked up?

And to finish it off: Accidentally being torn away and into another dimension. Works like a charm. :3

@Blitz Boom Admin: ok i finally came up with a character with a backstory.

Princess Moonlit Midnight: (in royal voice) GREETINGS!!! 

I AM A ZEBRA/CHANGELING HYBRID HENTS WHY I HAVE NO HOLES.

MY DADDY WAS A ZEBRA WHO MADE LOVE TO THE QUEEN OF THE HIVE.

QUEEN MOMMY SAID I WAS A ABOMINATION BEING PART ZEBRA AND BANISHED ME TO THIS SPOOKY FOREST.   

NO PONY RECENTLY WAS USING THE CASTLE OF THE TWO SISTERS SO I MOVED RIGHT IN. I PUT ON ONE OF THE CROWNS LAYING AROUND AND A PAIR OF CELESTA'S SHOES, AND NIGHTMARE MOONS NECKLACE, AND CALLED MY SELF PRINCESS SINCE NO ONE WOULD DARE TO COME IN TO THE FOREST. NOW I RULE OVER THE SPOOKY FOREST!!!!! I AM THE PRINCESS OF THE EVERFREE FOREST.

pony (1).png

@Amys-pmvs    Seems kind of arbitrarily cruel to label somebeing else as a monstrosity when you yourself are already a giant, parasitic insectoid ungulate. Like, gosh golly darn there Queenie, your already muckin' about with another species, most likely unwillingly on their part, so what did ya think would happen?

The self-proclamation of title is absolutely delicious though. Would imagine that anybeing organised enough to build a castle would think not to leave gold baubles behind, buuut they DID leave behind an entire castle so that neligence is totally on them, after all!

She's hideous. I ADORE it! Love it! So what's her actual personality?

In the realm of conjecture & theory, Dear @Blitz Boom, I'd be interested in piping up for that too.

For one, it's always bothered me when OC makers attempt to instill a bit of ostracizing into the realm of Equestria. That's why its so popular, you know? That it's such a happy, euphoric utopia, after all. Sure, granted, every world has its dark corners but...               Anyway, there IS some precedent for the dragon-hate you've brought up too!

I remember hearing of a MLP comic set in whatever parallel they have to New York. Where they have a whole Dragon District where all the local dragons hang out (and we get introduced into another female parallel to Spike!) and if that's not enough, there's a spat of arson going around town where the local pony police force immediately jumps to accusing the local dragons for and Spike and... think it was Luna? Have to clear up the confusion there for! Stands to reason too, that if you have 20-foot fire-breathing lizards around your town that the local law enforcers might give them the eye more than a few times!

Despite what I said in my most recent post, I do doubt its hostilities bad enough where anypony would raise objections. I mean... granted, Spike DID go all Godzilla on Ponyville once but... uhh... that's in the past?

Oh, but more importantly: I don't know how you plan to do Ambie's parents. I kind of have this feeling that I want them to show up unannounced. He sends the letter and they immediately get there the next morning. Buuut... that would then mean that nopony would be there to pick them up :twi: and then I don't see how then we could connect that back around to your Happy Hour. I feel the important part is for Ambie to be as caught as off guard as anypony else would. That sort of "The Relatives Showing Up Unnanounced" trope you see in family drama movies, you know?

Heh... :rarity: I forget if I've brought this up before...

Ambie's important to me too. He's kind of my ponysona. You do let me know if it ever seems like Widdershins's story starts holding import over his. Kind of see him as an antithesis to my Mr. Wild n' Crazy Guyses. He's kind of my own take on a male Fluttershy!

Oh! And speaking of species theory!...  I think Trolls are totally a thing in Equestria too! Despite being humanoid! Had one show up in a comic book, and we do have the Grundles after all...             Come to think about the world expanding in the movie what with Abyssina, the land of cats, I'm surprised I'm not seeing more Sphinx Ocs too!

@Amys-pmvs

Functional, but tone down the caps lock a bit please. You can just go with her having a generally booming voice since caps lock text doesn't look too good in the long run. :)

Like were said by @Widdershins, I think there wouldn't be much around, but perhaps if you rummaged around the place in particularly dangerous and rocky places, there might be some rubble where you could find a somewhat dinged up and old pair of shoes and a crown. The Nightmare Moon stuff is pretty much impossible though, considering she were sent to the moon a little after transforming, but you could just go with her proclaiming that one of Luna's old necklaces were that, since it'd be mauled up a bit by time and potentially several pieces of the castle falling on top of it.

I'm going to have to need to know what sort of power you see her having though. With hybrids, it's one of those things I wanna make sure of before I accidentally allow somepony int hat will write their characters as a flawless god more or less. Trying to veer away from that.

==============================================================

@Widdershins

I consider Ponyville to have mixed feelings about dragons, considering the amount of weird stuff they have around there, and Spike. Would make it a little bit of a jaded situation, depending on the dragon, but in Kaltrop's case, I get the feeling that he's going to get some scattered greetings, act like a meanie about it, and then get ignore and/or questioned by a guard to what the issue is. They're unlikely to outright fear him. Not like he's a zebra after all. :P And I think the whole *Spike going bonkers* thing will make them more weary of larger dragons, but we'll see what happens when we get into town. I also got half a mind having Spicy introduce him as her pet, and ask somepony to point her towards a place where she can buy doggy treats. :P

As for the Ambie angle, I think he can wake up in the morning, then go and look at a letter he have written to send, then open the door to go towards the post office, and then get a massive shock as his mother stands outside, about to knock on his door. His father could be goofing off somewhere nearby, since it sounds like his way of doing things, or get distracted.

And in regards to how Happy would try to mingle into things, there's two ways he'll play it off. The first being that he's somepony who saw the weirdness going on with Ambie and figured he'd try to help him get to the bottom of things. The second being that he could also use his tried and true method of bonding with others: Booze. He is a traveling alcohol (and assorted beverages) salespony after all, and if Ambie's mother is high up, then some fine bourbon or whatnot would perhaps be a good ice breaker.

Happy is certainly not going to spit out that he's a changeling right off the bat, I can guarantee that. Not until he knows about Ambie's dad, and then only when it seems appropriate. He isn't the best as singling out changelings too, so if daddyling doesn't have anything obvious like, a lack of love energy around him (could be masked by being close enough to those who haves it I'd assume) Happy wouldn't know for sure. Happy himself should be easy enough to spot for him, if daddyling haves any experience with feeling out changelings that is.

Spoiler

She is apart of the elite team for the princess.  The team keeps King Sombra suppressed,  makes it so nopony knows of a plan for a crime.  There is no fail and they will find you.

Nopony read that part it'll ruin the fun (except the people that add me to the role play, of course). Hello and I'd like to introduce my OC: Venus Bright.  Her main job is a theater actor.  I was gonna ask to play Pinkie Pie but it seems that somepony else took that role.  I am exceptional at writing in country, so AJ Would be a good role for me too.  If you'd like any more info on Venus Bright then message me.

Edited by Sun Ray

/Pout :pout:   But I want my Train Station Setting!  Lol!

I suppose, the matter foremost is placement. Happy is a travelling salestallion after all. Putting aside his wishes to ditch town as fast as can be before trouble hits the fan about his reveal, at the least his cart would be parked some random, unassuming place in ponyville and he wouldn't have any need to be stalking around Sweet Apple Acres, right? 

Getting them acquainted oughten't be too much of an issue. Parents be all like "I'm hunting down my errant child!" then all "Oh, I see you're also a changermaling too!" that whole shebang.

And then Blitz Boom was ALL.

I've forgotten my topic. Again.