Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

12 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

/Pout :pout:   But I want my Train Station Setting!  Lol!

I suppose, the matter foremost is placement. Happy is a travelling salestallion after all. Putting aside his wishes to ditch town as fast as can be before trouble hits the fan about his reveal, at the least his cart would be parked some random, unassuming place in ponyville and he wouldn't have any need to be stalking around Sweet Apple Acres, right? 

Getting them acquainted oughten't be too much of an issue. Parents be all like "I'm hunting down my errant child!" then all "Oh, I see you're also a changermaling too!" that whole shebang.

And then Blitz Boom was ALL.

I've forgotten my topic. Again.

Quite down whiney pony the princess of everfree will not hear it

@Sun Ray

I just wanted to know that I noticed you there, and I have something to write in response, but I have been writing most of the day, it's night,a nd I need to work tomorrow, so I'll see if I can't make a response on the way to work, and we can get you sorted. :) (I like the AJ part though, just in advance. @Widdershins might be a link with the Apple family if it came to that)

• Brohoof 1

Finaly  kicks open the coffen door,a batpony with a red and white mane yawns and trots out "so, whats a bat to do today?"

want to get back into the rp thought id post here o let others know of cresent the batpony a batpony living in the evefree woods, was on here last year. Game to get back into writing with others again :) 

@Sun Ray

Sorry for the delay. Few people were sick at work so I was busy keeping up. :)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, and welcome to our little slice of Equestria. ^^ If you could tell more about your OC that would be good, but I like that she's a theater pony. Only had a few of those before, and they just seemed to vanish into thin air after a few weeks for some reason. Here's hoping we can keep your interest. ^_^

I would prefer if you would write info on your OC here, instead of in a PM if possible, since it allows everypony to see who you are, and perhaps pop in with ideas and invitations to join them in some mayhem/talk/whatever in the RP. I am ready to step if it is, but anypony who'll join in on it or say that another would fit well in their part of the RP is even better. Can get interesting that way. ^^

Anyway, moving ahead a little too much. Some OC information, pretty please? Oh, and if you could give an example of talking country if you wanted to pick up AJ that would be nice too. It's been a while since I saw anyone write in that style, and I get curious. :3

======================================================================

@cwhip9

Darn, guessed I didn't bury the coffin deep enough. :P

Welcome back mate, it's been awhile. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Sun Ray

Sorry for the delay. Few people were sick at work so I was busy keeping up. :)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, and welcome to our little slice of Equestria. ^^ If you could tell more about your OC that would be good, but I like that she's a theater pony. Only had a few of those before, and they just seemed to vanish into thin air after a few weeks for some reason. Here's hoping we can keep your interest. ^_^

I would prefer if you would write info on your OC here, instead of in a PM if possible, since it allows everypony to see who you are, and perhaps pop in with ideas and invitations to join them in some mayhem/talk/whatever in the RP. I am ready to step if it is, but anypony who'll join in on it or say that another would fit well in their part of the RP is even better. Can get interesting that way. ^^

Anyway, moving ahead a little too much. Some OC information, pretty please? Oh, and if you could give an example of talking country if you wanted to pick up AJ that would be nice too. It's been a while since I saw anyone write in that style, and I get curious. :3

======================================================================

@cwhip9

Darn, guessed I didn't bury the coffin deep enough. :P

Welcome back mate, it's been awhile. ^_^

Venus is a little goofy and cleaver with her actions and she can compleatly shift her personality at will with ease.  Her true personality is (as I said) goofy but not random. Sorta like spider man.  She has a peach red mane and yellowish brown coat.

Also Pinkie Pie has agreed to give up her space in my head and let AJ give it a shot.  So Apple Jack, how do you feel. Uhh, I'm feelin like Pinkie Paie made yer mind a lill too ... how should I say it ... a little to Pinkie Paie.  Really? Hmm, I like it *giant candy cane flys bye*  Anyways, hiya Blitz!  I hope I'm a talkin like I'm s'post too, and I'm hopin that you pick Sun Ray to do me.  Have a nace day now!

@Blitz Boom thanks bro  (cue distant explosion)

well getting past that was fun I was half expecting discord to show up during that.

im thinking of starting him in the forrest like usual for cresent to see if anypony is near their sound good?  

@cwhip9

Awh, and here I thought you were gonna pick up where we left. :P Oh well, start it when ready and we'll see who may bite. I'll leave it to the whim of the moment. ^^

===============================================================================

@Sun Ray

Looks good with AJ. ^^ Consider her yours.

As for Venus, do you have a visual perhaps? A description will suffice if a creator program couldn't do her justice. Rest looks good, and I think I know how to involve the theater if nopony else takes you up on this.

I got two higher ranking ones in Canterlot that might go there, but is currently without a bios. I'm waiting until they solve the issues with the formatting on those before I make more.

k1ItOq3.png

Clayton Quartz, owner of a rather large building company, and a known face in the Equestrian gem trade at times. He's not a noble, just pretty well off, and he gets nervous when there's enough stress. Might be enough reason for him to go to the theater, where he could meet your char if it were. :)

7ggdxkd.png

This here is Scarcity. Owner of a prestigious antique store in Canterlot, and legally that is where her income and wealth comes from. She also haves more shady dealings on the black market, but she makes sure that doesn't affect her daily life. She would be around the theater now and again for some light entertainment, and she occasionally finds interest in a pony, that she will engage in conversation. A lovely mare to speak with by all accounts, and influential if that's needed eventually. She will also be accompanied by her body guard at times. A former Royal Guard pegasus called Brick Wall.

Also, I try to show her shoes and necklace as being silver, but I'm not always good with colors. So sorry in advance if it isn't that. The gem is a Sapphire.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@cwhip9

Awh, and here I thought you were gonna pick up where we left. :P Oh well, start it when ready and we'll see who may bite. I'll leave it to the whim of the moment. ^^

@Sun Ray

Looks good with AJ. ^^ Consider her yours.

As for Venus, do you have a visual perhaps? A description will suffice if a creator program couldn't do her justice. Rest looks good, and I think I know how to involve the theater if nopony else takes you up on this.

I got two higher ranking ones in Canterlot that might go there, but is currently without a bios. I'm waiting until they solve the issues with the formatting on those before I make more.

k1ItOq3.png

Clayton Quartz, owner of a rather large building company, and a known face in the Equestrian gem trade at times. He's not a noble, just pretty well off, and he gets nervous when there's enough stress. Might be enough reason for him to go to the theater, where he could meet your char if it were. :)

7ggdxkd.png

This here is Scarcity. Owner of a prestigious antique store in Canterlot, and legally that is where her income and wealth comes from. She also haves more shady dealings on the black market, but she makes sure that doesn't affect her daily life. She would be around the theater now and again for some light entertainment, and she occasionally finds interest in a pony, that she will engage in conversation. A lovely mare to speak with by all accounts, and influential if that's needed eventually. She will also be accompanied by her body guard at times. A former Royal Guard pegasus called Brick Wall.

Also, I try to show her shoes and necklace as being silver, but I'm not always good with colors. So sorry in advance if it isn't that. The gem is a Sapphire.

Well she lives in canterlot mainly and if you read the secret description you would understand why.  She often travels around Equestria, for the Princess investigating crimes.  Whenever the Princess calls, Venus takes action.  She is an earth pony so pegasie and unicorns often under estimate her at first, but distraction and acting are her close friends.  When she's off call she usually works in the theatre business.  I can see Scarcity not getting along very well with her being that she has interactions with the black market. 

I can't believe I forgot to put in her race.

She has many friends but most are in other towns.  Her other hobbys are archery and eating different kinds of food.  

Is that good because if you need more I'll just message you I feel like I'm spamming.

(edited)

@Sun Ray

I honestly didn't know what to think of the hidden part, so I sort of forgot it. Whoops? :P

Anyway, you would be amazed how little Scarcity cared about being around law enforcement or investigators of any kind. She knows she can't be linked with the black market through any kind of evidence, as she is careful how she does thing, and she keeps her wares for that market incredibly well hidden. As far as can be proven, she is simply an antique dealer with a few rumors here and there among the more paranoid. Still, if Venus subscribe to the few who thinks there is something without being able to prove it, I can see there being some friction. Likely not lessened by Scarcity taking stabs about the lack of evidence.

Sounds like Clayton and his assistant is the better fit then. They're all over Equestria at times, as some he needs to work with requires that he is there personally, he finds some news about a particular kind of gem that have surfaced that might rise in value soon, or he's being forced to try and relax by his assistant, under the logic that he is stressing too much about things. Same reason he might be in a theater.

Is that sounding more lik the thing you had in mind? Oh right, and I should likely post his assistant here too.

NtDBSw8.png

Belladonna Venin. She is a good pony at heart, but she can be overly analytical of things. She haves a monocle on because she haves a problem with her right eye, and because I wanted to give her one. :P

The bag she carries holds different kind of things, including small, needle.like glass containers, holding a few drops of home-made toxin each. Nothing deadly, but enough to incapacitate in a few ways, depending on the concoction.

What can I say, she's protective. :) And perhaps a bit paranoid, but she doesn't attack first. Long as you don't attempt to like, toss a boulder at Clayton, she is unlikely to use these.

Edited by Blitz Boom
tagged the wrong one.
  • Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

I honestly didn't know what to think of the hidden part, so I sort of forgot it. Whoops? :P

im thinking of just the few other OC's that met cresent to be honest lol

Long story short, Venus Bright is in the Suicide Squad for the Princess, but she works on theatre on her time off.  She likes new foods, and archery too.  Funny personality.  The end.  Oh yeah she has a theater symbol with a swords making an X over it.

• Brohoof 1

@Sun Ray

I got that. Though explaining the Suicide Squad part is interesting. :) Might be something that can be incorporated into things eventually.

Anyway, if you have no issues with the ponies I have prepared, and nopony else is going to jump to and say they'll want to play with you in or without any of the other groups, shall we discuss the setting? Might be you would want to set the scene first, so to speak, with me then scheming in from there, but I'm more than happy to begin something as well if it came to that. :)

Also, good cutie mark. With a theater mark though, do you mean the comedy and tragedy masks?

• Brohoof 1

@Sun Ray I don't get how the "Suicide Squad" part pertains to being some sorta mystery solver. If anything, and mind you I didn't watch it both for me not being too terribly into superhero stuff and how the movie seems universally reviled for being pretty much self-defeating, a "Suicide Squad" should mean a handful of violent mercenaries that not many should miss if they fail in their mission, usually against their will. As you have given your character plenty of hobbies and even a job at a seemingly established Theater it would seem like she's nice enough that her friends would notice her having gone missing for long periods of time. Nor does sending anypony into danger intentionally seem like something Celestia would do, think we've already had many a point of her preening & practicing Twilight long before she expects her to combat some daily huge boss threat. Land o' Friendship, ya know?

I know I'm coming in late & likely missing it if you have, so feel free to disregard, but you do have alot to her, but not so much of an actual back-story. Like, there's not much of a bead on how she tends to react in situations, like how there might be some types of personalities she doesn't along with, like Scarcity mentioned earlier and so on. You make yourself up a character list thingie? That's what I tend to do, there's a roleplay-characters section to these forums that gives an outline to spit out a few paragraphs of stuff on your character, then provide a link to it for others and to save time.

@Blitz Boom  You know Scarcity tends to be the name for Spike & Rarity's dragonpony child? I just found that funny!

I was wondering too. Are you and... think it was... @Moonlit's Serenade out exploring some haunted castle? The abandoned Castle of the Two Sisters? Because if you do, I happen to have a ghost in those crumbling halls that might take offense to there being a songstress in his domain...

In fact, and I forget If I've brought this up to you before...

And in clear contrast to what I was saying above about usually having some sort of preamble to my characters...

I do have me a huge Menagerie of beasties, most of them situated in the Everfree. If you ever feel like needing a sudden impetus to interact with a new poster to these threads, and you already have most of your characters in three places simultaneously, then I don't mind chucking a beastie at you chaps! We can debate about the needed level of sentience & willingness to listen to reason/threat level.

Because if there's aaanything I know how to do! Is stirrin' the pot!!!

Oh, and if your wondering. I have this headcannon I think I covered in one of my older threads, that Ponyville & thereby Everfree is known for being dangerous because of it being the nexus of magical leylines in Equestria. Because of that, most of Widdershins's interdimensional portals are around & flanking the town, most of the strange things around the forest that give rise to all its tales tend to be things that have wandered through his portal-holes and gotten stranded away from their own dimensions where they're much more normal. 

That Tatzelpony Anomaly stumbled across? He's not one of them. I am just sitting over here poised to pounce should anyone ask what his name/deal is.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Widdershins said:

@Sun Ray I don't get how the "Suicide Squad" part pertains to being some sorta mystery solver. If anything, and mind you I didn't watch it both for me not being too terribly into superhero stuff and how the movie seems universally reviled for being pretty much self-defeating, a "Suicide Squad" should mean a handful of violent mercenaries that not many should miss if they fail in their mission, usually against their will. As you have given your character plenty of hobbies and even a job at a seemingly established Theater it would seem like she's nice enough that her friends would notice her having gone missing for long periods of time. Nor does sending anypony into danger intentionally seem like something Celestia would do, think we've already had many a point of her preening & practicing Twilight long before she expects her to combat some daily huge boss threat. Land o' Friendship, ya know?

I know I'm coming in late & likely missing it if you have, so feel free to disregard, but you do have alot to her, but not so much of an actual back-story. Like, there's not much of a bead on how she tends to react in situations, like how there might be some types of personalities she doesn't along with, like Scarcity mentioned earlier and so on. You make yourself up a character list thingie? That's what I tend to do, there's a roleplay-characters section to these forums that gives an outline to spit out a few paragraphs of stuff on your character, then provide a link to it for others and to save time.

She has the ability to handle herself very well. All I can say is that she's never really in danger even in dangerous situations. This is also my first OC.  She also gets along with everypony even in, err, combat so most friction would be mostly be aggravation on the other side.  She does have weaknesses though.  She is easily tricked when she isn't in the right mind set.  Like most first OCs (you heard it, I'm a first timer so I most likly have no idea what I'm doing) it's a copy of a cooler self.

@Sun Ray  Well, I hear you there. My Draconequusona is everything I aspire to be. An insane Eldritch Horror.

Everybeing has their foibles even if its just a quirk of their personality, and I think you're on the right track for that there too, so I'm not pointing out much bad either. 

3 hours ago, Sun Ray said:

All I can say is that she's never really in danger even in dangerous situations.

The trouble there is, how's an audience to get emotionally invested if a character we're expected to follow never has any issues dealing with anything? But you're on the right track there, you said she's a bit moody or flighty. That's something I've done before. A character that's naturally stunningly handsome or super-powerful... but is an absolute brick when it comes to social situations or talking like a sane being. 

• Brohoof 1

On 8/14/2017 at 6:13 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@Sun Ray

Anyway, you would be amazed how little Scarcity cared about being around law enforcement or investigators of any kind. She knows she can't be linked with the black market through any kind of evidence, as she is careful how she does thing, and she keeps her wares for that market incredibly well hidden. As far as can be proven, she is simply an antique dealer with a few rumors here and there among the more paranoid. Still, if Venus subscribe to the few who thinks there is something without being able to prove it, I can see there being some friction. Likely not lessened by Scarcity taking stabs about the lack of evidence.

Sounds like Clayton and his assistant is the better fit then. They're all over Equestria at times, as some he needs to work with requires that he is there personally, he finds some news about a particular kind of gem that have surfaced that might rise in value soon, or he's being forced to try and relax by his assistant, under the logic that he is stressing too much about things. Same reason he might be in a theater.

Is that sounding more lik the thing you had in mind? Oh right, and I should likely post his assistant here too.

NtDBSw8.png

Belladonna Venin. She is a good pony at heart, but she can be overly analytical of things. She haves a monocle on because she haves a problem with her right eye, and because I wanted to give her one. :P

The bag she carries holds different kind of things, including small, needle.like glass containers, holding a few drops of home-made toxin each. Nothing deadly, but enough to incapacitate in a few ways, depending on the concoction.

What can I say, she's protective. :) And perhaps a bit paranoid, but she doesn't attack first. Long as you don't attempt to like, toss a boulder at Clayton, she is unlikely to use these.

My my what a unique charater like mine. All dark and scarey.

8 hours ago, Widdershins said:

@Sun Ray  Well, I hear you there. My Draconequusona is everything I aspire to be. An insane Eldritch Horror.

Everybeing has their foibles even if its just a quirk of their personality, and I think you're on the right track for that there too, so I'm not pointing out much bad either. 

The trouble there is, how's an audience to get emotionally invested if a character we're expected to follow never has any issues dealing with anything? But you're on the right track there, you said she's a bit moody or flighty. That's something I've done before. A character that's naturally stunningly handsome or super-powerful... but is an absolute brick when it comes to social situations or talking like a sane being. 

I wouldn't say she's powerful either, just cleaver.  If your careful and your not easily insulted by weird comments then your good.  Her personality also isn't really moody or fighty either.  She has an original personality but she can switch gears in her head being that she's an actor.  She's one of those master escape artists that leave a rubber chicken in her place and fills the villains office with monkeys before making a run for back up.  She makes you feel ridiculous but that doesn't mean she has failed missions.  She also talks too much.  Ya know that episode with Rarity and the Diomand Dogs?  That's sorta how she roles, but with more wide eyed face hoofing on the enemy side.

I hope that answers something.

@Widdershins

I was not aware of that actually, no. Only shipping thing I something look at with Spike is also in regards to AJ, and even then it's best described as *barely. :)

I just called her that because I found it fitting for somepony in the more high end antique's trade, as she dealt with things of high value and scarce availability. Plus I just liked the name when it came to it. :)

As for what you say otherwise, if the head-canon doesn't mess things up too much and it's not something that happens constantly (As in, the portals leaving beasts stranded are a rare occurrence and time lets them get into the ecosystem themselves) then sure, no worries there.

I have to ask about the part with Anomaly though... When she meet a Tatzelpony?

Oh right, and before I forget: The part in the castle with @Moonlit is currently me having some fun playing on the fears of Ziggy about ghosts. Might be there is more than one, but currently, I'm debating whatever this is actually a spirit, or just somepony sneaking around and playing tricks. :) I'll let @Moonlit decide on whatever or not she thinks your ghosts' involvement would be a thing she'd like to happen. ^_^

@Sun Ray

I am gonna go out here and say it: I will have to introduce some friction and somepony she clearly does not get along with if that is the template you're running with. Getting along with everypony and never really in danger is sliding towards a Mary Sue territory, and I need to veer it sharply off before it gets there. There have to be weaknesses, and flaws in character, or it becomes rather... Well, one sided and shallow I'm afraid to say. :/ have to be something there, and someponies she can't handle. You say she's easily tricked for example? Might be she hates tricky ponies in general then, on varying degrees from a slight annoyance to rage, depending on what they're doing. Practical jokes VS Scamming ponies out of their bits sort of thing.

Fighting against a trickery one, and getting more and more agitated, can lead to issues and just lashing out instead of being calm and collected during the entire fight, and hence it goes a bit more wild in it than professional. It's a minor way of adding some flaw, but it's a usable one, and a suggestion you can take or decline as you see fit, though then we need to find a bit of an alternative. :)

@Widdershins brings up an interesting point about the Suicide Squad angle. Your character essentially would have to be a criminal in employment of the princesses, (you never specified which one, and they aren't all running the same things together after all) which does sound a little strange. Perhaps working for an underling of the princesses instead, that takes care of things and brings certain individuals - like your OC's - out when things seem gloomy? I have an ambassador that could work there if it were. He understand that sometimes, taking some criminals that can understand the concept of a second chance in exchange for doing risky and generally thankless jobs for the kingdom, can be a necessity. As long as they wouldn't attempt to harm the general populace. Part of the *arrangement* if you would.

Just trying to make everything fit and work out right here. ^^

=========================================================================

@Amys-pmvs

She not scary really, just analytical and intolerant of fools that thinks they can earn a quick buck by going after her boss. Or in general get into malice, which is why she haves toxins of a little of this, and a little of that, but nothing lethal. One of them that I haven't had a chance to write in the Rp yet, will attack the magical point of changelings and force them to swap constantly between forms involuntarily for about ten minutes. Enough to wear them down substantially, but not meant to make irreversible damage. :)

...Okay, sounds a bit wicked actually. But I meant it well. xD

8 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Widdershins

I was not aware of that actually, no. Only shipping thing I something look at with Spike is also in regards to AJ, and even then it's best described as *barely. :)

I just called her that because I found it fitting for somepony in the more high end antique's trade, as she dealt with things of high value and scarce availability. Plus I just liked the name when it came to it. :)

As for what you say otherwise, if the head-canon doesn't mess things up too much and it's not something that happens constantly (As in, the portals leaving beasts stranded are a rare occurrence and time lets them get into the ecosystem themselves) then sure, no worries there.

I have to ask about the part with Anomaly though... When she meet a Tatzelpony?

Oh right, and before I forget: The part in the castle with @Moonlit is currently me having some fun playing on the fears of Ziggy about ghosts. Might be there is more than one, but currently, I'm debating whatever this is actually a spirit, or just somepony sneaking around and playing tricks. :) I'll let @Moonlit decide on whatever or not she thinks your ghosts' involvement would be a thing she'd like to happen. ^_^

@Sun Ray

I am gonna go out here and say it: I will have to introduce some friction and somepony she clearly does not get along with if that is the template you're running with. Getting along with everypony and never really in danger is sliding towards a Mary Sue territory, and I need to veer it sharply off before it gets there. There have to be weaknesses, and flaws in character, or it becomes rather... Well, one sided and shallow I'm afraid to say. :/ have to be something there, and someponies she can't handle. You say she's easily tricked for example? Might be she hates tricky ponies in general then, on varying degrees from a slight annoyance to rage, depending on what they're doing. Practical jokes VS Scamming ponies out of their bits sort of thing.

Fighting against a trickery one, and getting more and more agitated, can lead to issues and just lashing out instead of being calm and collected during the entire fight, and hence it goes a bit more wild in it than professional. It's a minor way of adding some flaw, but it's a usable one, and a suggestion you can take or decline as you see fit, though then we need to find a bit of an alternative. :)

@Widdershins brings up an interesting point about the Suicide Squad angle. Your character essentially would have to be a criminal in employment of the princesses, (you never specified which one, and they aren't all running the same things together after all) which does sound a little strange. Perhaps working for an underling of the princesses instead, that takes care of things and brings certain individuals - like your OC's - out when things seem gloomy? I have an ambassador that could work there if it were. He understand that sometimes, taking some criminals that can understand the concept of a second chance in exchange for doing risky and generally thankless jobs for the kingdom, can be a necessity. As long as they wouldn't attempt to harm the general populace. Part of the *arrangement* if you would.

Just trying to make everything fit and work out right here. ^^

=========================================================================

@Amys-pmvs

She not scary really, just analytical and intolerant of fools that thinks they can earn a quick buck by going after her boss. Or in general get into malice, which is why she haves toxins of a little of this, and a little of that, but nothing lethal. One of them that I haven't had a chance to write in the Rp yet, will attack the magical point of changelings and force them to swap constantly between forms involuntarily for about ten minutes. Enough to wear them down substantially, but not meant to make irreversible damage. :)

...Okay, sounds a bit wicked actually. But I meant it well. xD

Princess: im only part changeling so...