Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@,

"Ain't a bother at all. That's what this here door is for."

Chow went over and knocked on the door that lead from this more open part of the train, and towards the back end of the actual passenger carts.

"It's easier access in case the trains gets into a bit of a rough patch and you need to get back quick to ensure that things are still there, and it makes it simpler for the conductor to check too in case that's needed. Can't stop the train all the time or they'd be off schedule constantly, y'know?"

Speaking of which, the train started to get a move on again, which meant that it was time for them to get in and catch a seat, which thankfully wouldn't be too bad as when they opened the door, they found that there weren't that many here in the back, and there actually were a good place with some free spots near the door. Convinient, but he supposed it made sensee nough. The further back the more it could sometimes make a heck of a noise, and nopony was interested in potentially have a nice train trip interrupted by clacking noises all the time.

"Heh, seems like we're in luck. Makes it easy to stay near in case something happens, or if Astral wanna come inside. Pretty neat spot for keeping track of both of you crazy kids."

Chow grinned at Misty and took a seat as the train started to gain some momentum again. He hadn't been on this thing for what, two years now? And yet, it still felt as familiar as if he'd done it just last week. Strange what sort of things stuck with you sometimes, though to be fair, he had used this a lot when he lived in Canterlot, so there were that.

________________________________________________________________________________

@@cwhip9,

"Zecora you say? A name to bite notice in, I'm sure."

Zinthar didn't say much else as he examined the scene with the colt and the zebra, but the name were something he'd try to keep in mind for another time. Ideally he shouldn't have to do anything with this beyond knowing who he addressed, though you never knew. Things could suddenly turn ugly, depending on exactly how much she knew of him.

"How c-could I ever forget the name of my home? It is... Was, called Ormenhalt. Apparently it meant something where the original settlers of the town came from, but I can't remember what, And it's not like it really matters either."

Cover-up lowered his head and instead of taking tea, made a stance that befitted more the downward spin his mood had started to take than before, which fortunately made him stop crying, but it could be easily argued that this really wasn't an improvement. He did take the cup of tea given to him though, even if he wasn't currently drinking from it.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"Another angle of the great balance that needs maintained."

Zhu went silent again after that and moved over towards the barrel where Vivid were stashed in, thinking over how it must be for the Creator to carry this side of their burden.

For a burden it often felt like, at least to him, and so it had for the one other creature of balance he had seen, though that one weren't maintaining the parts he did either, but instead had to care for emotions. Specifically love and hatred, which were odd to him, but according to the old griffin, emotions were a broad scale with many aspects that needed dedication it seemed, so those were sectioned between several beings, though he had never found others than her.

Truth be told, he assumed that she were no longer either. Not all of their profession lived long, with several simply getting replaced as time went on, and in her case, even if she had been granted a longer lifespan, the rising of Princess Cadence would have likely made her purpose null regardless, and given her the sleep she had well deserved. It was just a theory of course, but the princess had become part of that essential, and though she practiced love, hatred still managed to spread well.

Potentially, it had made her an inadvertent part of the balance, just as Luna and Celestia were of light and dark, though he supposed that if this were true, she would know little of it. She were still terribly young and had much to learn, so this knowledge might take a long time and only if it were true.

He hoped for her sake that it were not so, as the burden of carrying the weight of things could feel like it was drowning you, and especially when it came to the moral side of what you had to do for the greater picture, but they would see he supposed. She were still terribly young, and with the shroud lifting only minutes ago, it were impossible for him to dive further into things. Though if she really were one of them, he'd likely not be able to see anything. Both the Creator and Anitha had been blank spots for him, and he had his suspicions now that perhaps thsi were a mark of their kind.

But, there'd be time to think of this and many more things in the times ahead. For now, as he put down Charlie's stick next to the barrel - He would not risk loosing this on the travel - he focused more on the past rather than the potential future, and of the theories he had of those that shared their general purpose, and after placing the stick turned to the Creator and looked at him with  a nod.

"I am ready to be educated, Creator."

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Denim&Venom,

Null and Void looked with big eyes as Princess Celestia left for the castle, then back at one another with mixed reactions. Void seemed more nervous than usual, not sure what to think when being near this princess, whilst Null was visibly excited.

"The Princess sis. This couldn't be better."

"W-what do you mean? YOu mean because s-she's here to help the town?"

"Well yeah, that too, but I'm thinking more long term. We were here to make our case for being allowed to live in Equestria, right? What better way to start that off than by the regent herself being in a town that we've tried to help out? Can you think of a better first impression?"

Void felt a small smile spread on her muzzle as she shook her head.

"Come on, we better keep this going then. Both for them and for us, alright? Pack the naginata and we'll help out with the newcomers I'd say. They seem sectioned so... You take the earth ponies, I'll go to help the pegasi?"

"Okay Null, just remember, don't a-accidentally go too close to the unicorns, or magical equipment, o-okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I know. Can't have us stopping something or somepony from working right right now. Regardless, let's get a move on, and then we'll meet up here when we're done with the worst, alright?"

Void nodded and started to pack down her naginata, whilst Null went off towards the pegasi, at which point she'd ask how she could help. In case they wouldn't answer because she were missing a wing and some pegasi could get kinda snobby in it, she'd just run towards the north side of town right away and ask there instead. Whatever would work here basically to make them interact and seem as busy/helpful as possible, even if Null started it off badly by accidentally hitting somepony on the way there. A small bump, but in case it was one of the changelings from before, it'd be a bother considering the anti.magic she and her sister radiated.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@P-Jay,

"I think reality is what you make of it, but if form is the only thing you need, there are ways around that you know. But first, Charlie, you say that the beast is gone then, but you got launched here for some reason? And that you feel like you are getting moved?

I cannot say how you are here, though perhaps you simply had to go to a dream and I was the only one left that technically slept in the area.but your kind are strange to predict, so I reserve the right to be wrong about this. The rest is anypony's guess, but at least you have landed in a somewhat safe haven, though this likely means that we need to get going, yes? I can imagine you need to be waiting at the portal, eager for your new body when I return to life and strength."

There would be time for this likely, as the travel through this place seemed to take little real time, and she needed at the very least an hour to fully return to life anyway, so they could do this and prepare, though, perhaps she should explain to their companion first about this, as he hadn't been here earlier after all.

"Perhaps I should explain: The portal I refer to is a weak spot between dream and reality that we have stumbled upon before, and resides near where I have stashed the prepared body for Charlie here. A place where he'd be well off waiting for me, or at least somewhere near it, so that I could transport his spirit, but... It could be an interesting place for you as well. Depending on if Charlie here thinks this the best usage of our time that is."

@@asdfmovienerd39,

The pony and the griffin both  jumped a little in place when the voice of Zen broke through. The pony that had sneaked around seemed to calm faster, and picked up the roll of bandages that he had lost from the saddlebag's sudden movement after this, though the griffin took a bit longer. As in, not until she saw the head of the pony that had approached her and the nurse that had been sent along with her, in case they found some injured ponies that hadn't come along towards the hospital or the shelters whilst at it.

"O-Oh, hey there. Help? I guess that... Yes."

The griffin were the one to speak, though she fumbled over her words to begin with before she got herself int he right state of mind again.

"The ponies are in town, and are getting the help from the doctors they have, but Nurse Needle and I were asked if we could gather up some things they left behind. If you could help with that perhaps, that would be good. The doctors needs some of these things there far as I know.

Oh, right. my name's Florence by the way. I know it seems weird with a griffin helping here, but... Long story."

@@EQ_Theta,

"I don't hurt. I make things go away."

With that, Omen opened a gate underneath the currently damaged alpha, using the measurements she had made before, which should well fit it. It was doubtful that it would go down as easily normally, but it had just gotten another of its flock tossed at it, which had left it damaged and potential a little disoriented. It would be as good a moment to do this as any other.

That it were damaged would regularly made her pause though, as Mother didn't want her to do anything bad to especially hurt beings, but she knew timberwolves enough to have seen them put themselves back together again, and act as if nothing much had happened. Sometimes, they even gathered into a larger one, which were fairly weird in her eyes, but it proved the point to her now at least that sending some of them away wouldn't do much bad. It would just have them get out of the way for a time until they returned on their own, and when they did, the alpha would have repaired itself a long time ago.

At least, that was the theory. She might have to find it later and see again, to make sure. She had its *scent* now, so it wouldn't be much of a bother. Remembering it might be though, but they'd see what went to the side during whatever things may happen with the longma. The more hectic things went, the less likely it were for her to cling on to this memory after all, or at least it could take some days before it resurfaced.

@@asdfmovienerd39,

@@Flinp,

@@~Phoenix~,

"It is hard not to appreciate nature when you are a piece of it."

Briar rose as the new pony suddenly entered their midst. and turned towards him with a bow and a big, toothy grin that properly showed off the razor-sharp teeth. Other than that, he looked rather friendly in it, especially as he bowed towards this newcomer.

"Briar Trapjaw, at your service. Might I ask what brings you to our merry little gathering my friend?"

His ears twitched, and he *looked* off to the right, keeping his ears stuiff as he once again heard a faint voice that seemed to get nearer. Something about... A clock? That couldn't be right, could it.

"Perhaps we may speak on the move? It would appear others are in this forest, and with the recent development in Ponyville... It might be for the better to check up on them. At least in my humble opinion. Perhaps you would be so kind as to join us Phoenix? Your presence would be most appreciated, and I would feel bad for leaving somepony alone out here."

He would wait a bit from an answer from Phoenix and the new, unknown pony, but eventually he would make his way towards the other ponies that were vaguely possible to hear. He doubted the others could hear it as well as him, considering his ears were rather sensitive, but it might be that others picked up on things and would know more exactly where he walked before he reached there.

Hopefully, nopony would try and lend him a hoof going there though. He did not overly enjoy being perceived as helpless simply because he could not see.

@,

"Ain't a bother at all. That's what this here door is for."

Chow went over and knocked on the door that lead from this more open part of the train, and towards the back end of the actual passenger carts.

"It's easier access in case the trains gets into a bit of a rough patch and you need to get back quick to ensure that things are still there, and it makes it simpler for the conductor to check too in case that's needed. Can't stop the train all the time or they'd be off schedule constantly, y'know?"

Speaking of which, the train started to get a move on again, which meant that it was time for them to get in and catch a seat, which thankfully wouldn't be too bad as when they opened the door, they found that there weren't that many here in the back, and there actually were a good place with some free spots near the door. Convinient, but he supposed it made sensee nough. The further back the more it could sometimes make a heck of a noise, and nopony was interested in potentially have a nice train trip interrupted by clacking noises all the time.

"Heh, seems like we're in luck. Makes it easy to stay near in case something happens, or if Astral wanna come inside. Pretty neat spot for keeping track of both of you crazy kids."

Chow grinned at Misty and took a seat as the train started to gain some momentum again. He hadn't been on this thing for what, two years now? And yet, it still felt as familiar as if he'd done it just last week. Strange what sort of things stuck with you sometimes, though to be fair, he had used this a lot when he lived in Canterlot, so there were that.

________________________________________________________________________________

@@cwhip9,

Zinthar didn't say much else as he examined the scene with the colt and the zebra, but the name were something he'd try to keep in mind for another time. Ideally he shouldn't have to do anything with this beyond knowing who he addressed, though you never knew. Things could suddenly turn ugly, depending on exactly how much she knew of him.

"How c-could I ever forget the name of my home? It is... Was, called Ormenhalt. Apparently it meant something where the original settlers of the town came from, but I can't remember what, And it's not like it really matters either."

Cover-up lowered his head and instead of taking tea, made a stance that befitted more the downward spin his mood had started to take than before, which fortunately made him stop crying, but it could be easily argued that this really wasn't an improvement. He did take the cup of tea given to him though, even if he wasn't currently drinking from it.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"Another angle of the great balance that needs maintained."

Zhu went silent again after that and moved over towards the barrel where Vivid were stashed in, thinking over how it must be for the Creator to carry this side of their burden.

For a burden it often felt like, at least to him, and so it had for the one other creature of balance he had seen, though that one weren't maintaining the parts he did either, but instead had to care for emotions. Specifically love and hatred, which were odd to him, but according to the old griffin, emotions were a broad scale with many aspects that needed dedication it seemed, so those were sectioned between several beings, though he had never found others than her.

Truth be told, he assumed that she were no longer either. Not all of their profession lived long, with several simply getting replaced as time went on, and in her case, even if she had been granted a longer lifespan, the rising of Princess Cadence would have likely made her purpose null regardless, and given her the sleep she had well deserved. It was just a theory of course, but the princess had become part of that essential, and though she practiced love, hatred still managed to spread well.

Potentially, it had made her an inadvertent part of the balance, just as Luna and Celestia were of light and dark, though he supposed that if this were true, she would know little of it. She were still terribly young and had much to learn, so this knowledge might take a long time and only if it were true.

He hoped for her sake that it were not so, as the burden of carrying the weight of things could feel like it was drowning you, and especially when it came to the moral side of what you had to do for the greater picture, but they would see he supposed. She were still terribly young, and with the shroud lifting only minutes ago, it were impossible for him to dive further into things. Though if she really were one of them, he'd likely not be able to see anything. Both the Creator and Anitha had been blank spots for him, and he had his suspicions now that perhaps thsi were a mark of their kind.

But, there'd be time to think of this and many more things in the times ahead. For now, as he put down Charlie's stick next to the barrel - He would not risk loosing this on the travel - he focused more on the past rather than the potential future, and of the theories he had of those that shared their general purpose, and after placing the stick turned to the Creator and looked at him with  a nod.

"I am ready to be educated, Creator."

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Denim&Venom,

Null and Void looked with big eyes as Princess Celestia left for the castle, then back at one another with mixed reactions. Void seemed more nervous than usual, not sure what to think when being near this princess, whilst Null was visibly excited.

"The Princess sis. This couldn't be better."

"W-what do you mean? YOu mean because s-she's here to help the town?"

"Well yeah, that too, but I'm thinking more long term. We were here to make our case for being allowed to live in Equestria, right? What better way to start that off than by the regent herself being in a town that we've tried to help out? Can you think of a better first impression?"

Void felt a small smile spread on her muzzle as she shook her head.

"Come on, we better keep this going then. Both for them and for us, alright? Pack the naginata and we'll help out with the newcomers I'd say. They seem sectioned so... You take the earth ponies, I'll go to help the pegasi?"

"Okay Null, just remember, don't a-accidentally go too close to the unicorns, or magical equipment, o-okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I know. Can't have us stopping something or somepony from working right right now. Regardless, let's get a move on, and then we'll meet up here when we're done with the worst, alright?"

Void nodded and started to pack down her naginata, whilst Null went off towards the pegasi, at which point she'd ask how she could help. In case they wouldn't answer because she were missing a wing and some pegasi could get kinda snobby in it, she'd just run towards the north side of town right away and ask there instead. Whatever would work here basically to make them interact and seem as busy/helpful as possible, even if Null started it off badly by accidentally hitting somepony on the way there. A small bump, but in case it was one of the changelings from before, it'd be a bother considering the anti.magic she and her sister radiated.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@P-Jay,

"I think reality is what you make of it, but if form is the only thing you need, there are ways around that you know. But first, Charlie, you say that the beast is gone then, but you got launched here for some reason? And that you feel like you are getting moved?

I cannot say how you are here, though perhaps you simply had to go to a dream and I was the only one left that technically slept in the area.but your kind are strange to predict, so I reserve the right to be wrong about this. The rest is anypony's guess, but at least you have landed in a somewhat safe haven, though this likely means that we need to get going, yes? I can imagine you need to be waiting at the portal, eager for your new body when I return to life and strength."

There would be time for this likely, as the travel through this place seemed to take little real time, and she needed at the very least an hour to fully return to life anyway, so they could do this and prepare, though, perhaps she should explain to their companion first about this, as he hadn't been here earlier after all.

"Perhaps I should explain: The portal I refer to is a weak spot between dream and reality that we have stumbled upon before, and resides near where I have stashed the prepared body for Charlie here. A place where he'd be well off waiting for me, or at least somewhere near it, so that I could transport his spirit, but... It could be an interesting place for you as well. Depending on if Charlie here thinks this the best usage of our time that is."

@@asdfmovienerd39,

The pony and the griffin both  jumped a little in place when the voice of Zen broke through. The pony that had sneaked around seemed to calm faster, and picked up the roll of bandages that he had lost from the saddlebag's sudden movement after this, though the griffin took a bit longer. As in, not until she saw the head of the pony that had approached her and the nurse that had been sent along with her, in case they found some injured ponies that hadn't come along towards the hospital or the shelters whilst at it.

"O-Oh, hey there. Help? I guess that... Yes."

The griffin were the one to speak, though she fumbled over her words to begin with before she got herself int he right state of mind again.

"The ponies are in town, and are getting the help from the doctors they have, but Nurse Needle and I were asked if we could gather up some things they left behind. If you could help with that perhaps, that would be good. The doctors needs some of these things there far as I know.

Oh, right. my name's Florence by the way. I know it seems weird with a griffin helping here, but... Long story."

@@EQ_Theta,

"I don't hurt. I make things go away."

With that, Omen opened a gate underneath the currently damaged alpha, using the measurements she had made before, which should well fit it. It was doubtful that it would go down as easily normally, but it had just gotten another of its flock tossed at it, which had left it damaged and potential a little disoriented. It would be as good a moment to do this as any other.

That it were damaged would regularly made her pause though, as Mother didn't want her to do anything bad to especially hurt beings, but she knew timberwolves enough to have seen them put themselves back together again, and act as if nothing much had happened. Sometimes, they even gathered into a larger one, which were fairly weird in her eyes, but it proved the point to her now at least that sending some of them away wouldn't do much bad. It would just have them get out of the way for a time until they returned on their own, and when they did, the alpha would have repaired itself a long time ago.

At least, that was the theory. She might have to find it later and see again, to make sure. She had its *scent* now, so it wouldn't be much of a bother. Remembering it might be though, but they'd see what went to the side during whatever things may happen with the longma. The more hectic things went, the less likely it were for her to cling on to this memory after all, or at least it could take some days before it resurfaced.

@@asdfmovienerd39,

@@Flinp,

@@~Phoenix~,

"It is hard not to appreciate nature when you are a piece of it."

Briar rose as the new pony suddenly entered their midst. and turned towards him with a bow and a big, toothy grin that properly showed off the razor-sharp teeth. Other than that, he looked rather friendly in it, especially as he bowed towards this newcomer.

"Briar Trapjaw, at your service. Might I ask what brings you to our merry little gathering my friend?"

His ears twitched, and he *looked* off to the right, keeping his ears stuiff as he once again heard a faint voice that seemed to get nearer. Something about... A clock? That couldn't be right, could it.

"Perhaps we may speak on the move? It would appear others are in this forest, and with the recent development in Ponyville... It might be for the better to check up on them. At least in my humble opinion. Perhaps you would be so kind as to join us Phoenix? Your presence would be most appreciated, and I would feel bad for leaving somepony alone out here."

He would wait a bit from an answer from Phoenix and the new, unknown pony, but eventually he would make his way towards the other ponies that were vaguely possible to hear. He doubted the others could hear it as well as him, considering his ears were rather sensitive, but it might be that others picked up on things and would know more exactly where he walked before he reached there.

Hopefully, nopony would try and lend him a hoof going there though. He did not overly enjoy being perceived as helpless simply because he could not see.

"You have no need to explain. Everyone has kindness in their heart, regardless of species." Zen reassured, "Even Changelings." Zen's eyes showed a random bout of sadness, as she quickly shook her head to rid herself of aforementioned sadness. "My name is Zen Sunflower. Pleasure to meet you."

---------------------------

"Oh, I just happened to be taking a stroll to For-REST!" Deadpan laughed as he walked with Briar. "Name's Deadpan by the way. Nice to meetcha Briar." he extended his hoof, snickering.

Charlie turned to face Vivid. "I don't know how I got here. I didn't go through any doors. Last thing I remember was seeing that creature burn, then I felt weak, like it had gone a month without raining." Charlie had never fallen asleep before, so it was a new experience. How else could a former tree explain feeling tired? "For some reason I feel like I'm moving, but I'm not. Does that make any sense to you?" The motion Charlie was feeling was from being carried by Zhu. There was a lot for him to learn about sleep.

Phantom had floated around the two lazily, looking between Vivid and Charlie with increasing interest--even if his presence seemed to be forgotten. But even though he seemed to be merely spectating, he was thinking hard.

'Beast? Weak spot? Jeez, if feels like the waking world is more crazy then dreams...Considering what I've seen before, that's saying something.'

He decided to be quiet for the time-being, choosing to nod sagely once Vivid replied with her take on what reality is--but he certainly didn't leave just yet. In fact, he seemed eager to follow every time they would take a step...

@@Blitz Boom

@@asdfmovienerd39

Musical and Rose heard some yelling from not soo far from them.

Then a pun.

"UUUUGH, seriously?" Musical asked. Rose made a path on the bushes, and both passed.

They ended up with a few other ponies. Briar Rose, and...a hybrid...of a unicorn? That could just be costumes, but-

"Hello!" Rose exclaimed. Musical facepalmed.

@@Blitz Boom

@@asdfmovienerd39

Musical and Rose heard some yelling from not soo far from them.

Then a pun.

"UUUUGH, seriously?" Musical asked. Rose made a path on the bushes, and both passed.

They ended up with a few other ponies. Briar Rose, and...a hybrid...of a unicorn? That could just be costumes, but-

"Hello!" Rose exclaimed. Musical facepalmed.

"Oh, I forgot to take these prop antlers off. Oh deer." Deadpan snarked as he levitated the fake antlers off his head. "Sorry, prop for a comedy bit. Anyway, you gonna LEAF me hanging? Shake my hand." he grinned. He was very clearly hiding some sort of prank or practical joke.

"Oh, I forgot to take these prop antlers off. Oh deer." Deadpan snarked as he levitated the fake antlers off his head. "Sorry, prop for a comedy bit. Anyway, you gonna LEAF me hanging? Shake my hand." he grinned. He was very clearly hiding some sort of prank or practical joke.

"Bye." Musical says, and flies off.

"...Well, I'm Blooming Rose, and he is Musical Strokes. We are looking for pieces of Ponyville's clock tower that ended here on Everfree Forest...you could help us!" Rose said.

"Yeah. And please stop with the puns." Musical says

"Don't." Rose answered.

"Bye." Musical says, and flies off.

"...Well, I'm Blooming Rose, and he is Musical Strokes. We are looking for pieces of Ponyville's clock tower that ended here on Everfree Forest...you could help us!" Rose said.

"Yeah. And please stop with the puns." Musical says

"Don't." Rose answered.

"A clock tower? I guess it was just its TIME to go! Hahahaha! And come on man, you ROSE to the occasion, don't try to get me to stop because I have a sense of humor!" he grinned, still holding out his hoof. His moustache wiggled a bit, and he was starting to look a tad impatient. "Oh just shake my hoof already."

@@asdfmovienerd39,@@Flinp, @@Blitz Boom,  

Phoenix stood up and pondered it for a moment. she'd certainly rather go it alone. that's how she's been doing it for quite a while now. in fact, the boisterous blue unicorn who calls himself "deadpan" seemed to make her decision a bit easier. she'd go crazy if she had to spend any amount of time with a personality like that. "no thanks" she says to Briar's offer "but good luck to you"

she grabs her things and turns to head off. off in the distance she can hear some blabbing on about the Ponyville clock tower. is that where she was? was she near Ponyville? she had been out in the Forrest for quite a while now, and wasn't quite sure of where she was in relation to to everything else. as she wandered off, it just so happens that she went in the same direction as Musical

Edited by ~Phoenix~

stuff

While flying away from the gang, Musical found another piece of the clock.

When he tried to grab it off a bush, a Timberwolf came off.

"WAHH?!"

He yelled, and flied off. The Timberwolf chased him.

Musical stopped when he found himself in front of Phoenix, and not soo far from the gang.

He looked back, and picked his magical paintbrush that problably everybody forgot about.

"What beats grass...fire!" Musical yelled, and looked around.

There was nothing white around.

Run.

Musical flied off, back to the gang.

While flying away from the gang, Musical found another piece of the clock.

When he tried to grab it off a bush, a Timberwolf came off.

"WAHH?!"

He yelled, and flied off. The Timberwolf chased him.

Musical stopped when he found himself in front of Phoenix, and not soo far from the gang.

He looked back, and picked his magical paintbrush that problably everybody forgot about.

"What beats grass...fire!" Musical yelled, and looked around.

There was nothing white around.

Run.

Musical flied off, back to the gang.

"Woah. ya disappeared for a bit there, Musical. What, did I hit a sour note? Get it? Hahaha, I'm funny." Deadpan grinned, finally putting his hoof down. "I don't even need these glasses, just so you know. They're props." he explained. Of course he wasn't going to tell them his mustache was also fake.

@@Flinp,

Phoenix stopped as she saw Musical run by her, and at that very moment she saw the Timber wolf approaching. that's probably what got him so spooked. it was no issue for Phoenix, however. her horn started to glow with an aqua blue Aura and a tiny spark flew from her horn, in the dirrection of the timber wolf. once it landed on the wolf, it burst into flame. Phoenix snickered. to her, dealing with timber wolves had always been the easiest thing in the world. she could never understand why other ponies had such a difficult time. they were such fragile beasts.  

@@Denim&Venom

She just watched them all kinda happy, kinda annoyed as must are with curious children. She was not sure about the other two who were seeming to be searching her for something she hadn't a clue what it might be. She however looked around to start moving her tail to make the kit have to chase it side to side. 

@@Flinp,

Phoenix stopped as she saw Musical run by her, and at that very moment she saw the Timber wolf approaching. that's probably what got him so spooked. it was no issue for Phoenix, however. her horn started to glow with an aqua blue Aura and a tiny spark flew from her horn, in the dirrection of the timber wolf. once it landed on the wolf, it burst into flame. Phoenix snickered. to her, dealing with timber wolves had always been the easiest thing in the world. she could never understand why other ponies had such a difficult time. they were such fragile beasts.  

"Woah, you definitely believe in STICKING it to 'em, huh?" Deadpan laughed, seemingly not at all phased by the fact a Timber Wolf was near them. "Heheheheh, man I'm good." Deadpan mumbled, a confident smirk on his face. It seemed he had a habit of laughing at his own jokes.

@@Blitz Boom

"I won't judge." The gruff longma replied as he observed the emergence of the gate in his vicinity. Admittedly, he is amazed by it but given his rather monotonous response and seemingly unimpressed demeanor would say otherwise. He like to keep everyone guessing but he wouldn't be surprised if anyone saw through his supposed facade. "Besides, it isn't my place to judge, only to do what is tasked of me and to meet expectations. Let us proceed; the elder awaits us. I suppose he'd be curious to see the fool being carried in like a game animal."

Sen felt relieved and followed, but he was unsure more than ever. He knows hunters followed a code of honor never to divulge the nature of a task given to them from the elder but after seeing his old friend tossed aside like nothing, he refused to think about what kind of leader the new clan elder is. Every step taken only brings them closer to the truth, and it will likely be an ugly one. 

"I'm starting to regret my decision, Omen." Sen quietly said as he walked alongside her while trying distance himself just far enough not to be heard by the gruff leader. "New clan leaders are often unpredictable in their first days taking on their responsibilities, or so I was told. The last thing I want to happen is to see what happened to Xin happen to you or sister." 

@@Mentis Soliloquy

Said little kit did indeed begin chasing her tail, much like a cat would, sprinting, skidded and overcorrecting as it chased. Kitling #1 pawed at her cutie mark, seeing if it would do anything. While Kit #2 began nibbling & dragging it's face along her wing tops.  However, Kit #3 & Kitling #2 were still looking. The two of them wondered under her legs and began suckling at various spots of fur on her chest and stomach. 

@@EQ_Theta,

"I am not concerned about Xin."

Omen hadn't answered the gruff longma before when he had spoken, in part because there really wasn't something she could or would want to say in the current situation, and in part because what she did have to say, even she knew wouldn't make things better.

They were still prisoners in some way with this group, but this one had let Sen and Lin walk without being poked at with spears or caught in nets at least, and if she began to tell what she meant of their elders, or their kin in general thus far - excluding Sen and Lin - it might change to something worse for them, and she didn't want that to happen. She would say so if asked, because she did not lie, but there was a difference between that and just not saying something that at least made it more possible for her to stay neutral right now.

Contrary to Sen though, she wasn't concerned that much about the new elder that seemingly had this part set in motion. To her, Xin's approach represented what their elders usually were, whilst this one's had the sting of somepony else involved, and from what she had seen thus far, this elder were the more reasonable of them. Not to say that things wouldn't change, but with what information she had right now, the new elder seemed like a speck of grey on an hourglass of dark sand. At least for the time being.

As for Xin... Her words should cover well what she thought of him currently, as well as hopefully convey to Sen that she did feel concern about the other things, yet she wouldn't say more about that regardless if he couldn't. Not yet.

The way that she spoke, with projecting her voice to the heads of those around her, were not something that she had any control over, and there were only slight changes in volume that she could make. Not in distance, or who heard it, so she weren't able to *whisper* as such like Sen did. When she spoke, the others would hear it, so to her, it looked like it were better to once again not end in a situation where she might have to lie, but in one where she just didn't say something. It seemed the better solution for the time being.

===========================================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

@@~Phoenix~,

@@Flinp,

Whilst some of the others seemed to find him somewhat annoying - including Phoenix who, unfortunately, did not appear to be willing to follow them - Briar actually quite enjoyed the somewhat bad jokes by Deadpan. They might be a little simplistic, and he could understand why they would make others rolls their eyes, but they weren't as forced as some others were, and he could hear that the pony meant only to try and entertain. That, and jokes akin to *You wouldn't be-leaf what just happened* were sadly rather popular with his kind. For some reason, the majority of them liked puns, and especially plant-based ones.

He listened in silence as they went along with the interactions between Deadpan, and some pony that were seemingly from Ponyville, looking for pieces of the broken clock-tower that were broken in the attack yesterday. A dreadful affair, and one he were not happy having been in the middle of, but at least everypony had seemingly survived, and if this one were looking for parts now it must meant they were hard at work rebuilding, so it were at least a silver lining to look at how well the local ponies coped after this, though he knew it were stretching it a bit.

The appearance of the timberwolf got him away from those thoughts for a moment. He might not be able to see it, but the sounds, the smell and the wind blowing gently around it gave him some degree of *picture* of what they were dealing with, and he were usually good at scaring these little pests away. They were perhaps a dangerous nuisance to many, but to him, they were just predators trying to survive, and ones made of nature itself as well, like h-

That thought too went away, as the inferno engulfed the poor creature in front of him and he instinctually took several steppes back with a look on his face that were a mixture of fear and sadness. He so hated being near uncontrolled fire, though most assuredly not as much as the poor beast that now burned.

"I hope for the poor thing that it went quick. No being of nature deserves to face the end like this..."

========================================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"You'd be surprised how few are willing to give you a chance at first sight these days."

Florence halfway mumbled this as she looked around at what were still to be packed down. She had a crate with her to put things in, and it should fit the bandages, random tools and other smalls stuff spread around here, and Nurse Needle seemed to be taking well care of handling the few things that had to be folded and packed in a more special way, though he still wasn't saying anything - a bit of a shy pony that one - and kept to the side more than anything at the moment.

"Anyway, there's not too much left, but if you could help me pick up the random tools and such they left behind it'd be nice, please? I can carry the crate, but we need to get everything packed in before we go back so the wildlife don't get hurt by it, and so they can have some of these things back. Especially the scalpels. So uhm... Watch where you step too."

She saw a glimmer in the grass and went over to pick up one of the mentioned scalpels that were halfway covered in dirt, before putting it slowly over into the crate. She didn't want to cut herself on this thing if she could help it.

"Would it be okay if I asked... I-I mean if it's not a problem that is, what you do near Ponyville? I won't pry if it is, I just... Well, it makes the time pass easier. But I'll understand if you don't want to say."

Though a griffin, Florence was a prime example that you couldn't trust the stereotypes of their kind, which tended to be - at least far as she had heard it - proud, stubborn, harsh bullies that hardly ever found anypony they didn't look down upon. Something which were hard to place with the thus-far kind attitude of Florence, as well as her more and more clear confidence issues and slight mood swings.

She still had to hear the brunt of it, which were one of the reasons for her lower self-esteem, so meeting those that didn't judge were always a nice thing for her, and with how things were these days she really needed to try and reach out and talk to others a little. It helped distract her from what rummaged in her mind.

She had tried to speak with Nurse Needle before this, but he wasn't exactly a great talker. In fact, he had trouble even looking at her most of the times from what she could tell. He stole glances now and again, and she could swear she saw him blush once when he noticed she had caught him in it, though she didn't really say to him that she saw most, if not all, the times he did this. He were probably just curious anyway, and she didn't see the problem with it, so she just let him be with that. It seemed to work better that way.

@@Blitz Boom,@@asdfmovienerd39, @@Flinp,

Phoenix could hear Briar's concern, and she looked over at him as she stomped out the flame, charred bits of what used to be its body crumbling into ash. "perhaps it didn't want to die" she remarked "but neither did he" she says, nodding her head towards Musical. "survival of the fittest they say, clearly this one here didn't fit the bill" she continues, as she looks down at the smoldering timber. she can't help being a cynic.   

"Depending on the situation and on what creature, some things HAVE to disappear." Musical says "Take me for example. I cant stand those puns and soon I will die."

"Oh please, dont be soo dramatic! Atleast lets all find the clock pieces. You said there was 5 left." Rose says

"4 left with the piece Im gonna go get right now." Musical says, and flies off.

@@Blitz Boom @@Moonlit

Succulent's ear twitched as she took in everything.  Gears turned in her mind as she considered possible combinations.  "Right...I think I might have something!"

With that, she dived back into her cart, digging through the various bottles and pulling out a couple.  She placed them on the table and began introducing them all.  "Okay, so this one here is called Ocean Breeze, a really refreshing scent with various citrus and fruity top notes blending into lavender and bois de rose.  However, if you're really serious about the sea, I've got Salty Dog right here.  Admittedly, we don't get a lot of sailors in the Crystal Empire, so this was more of a request for I did for a Nightmare Night costume.  Still, it's got the crisp, salty air that I've heard lives down by the coast!"

@@Blitz Boom,@@asdfmovienerd39, @@Flinp,

Phoenix could hear Briar's concern, and she looked over at him as she stomped out the flame, charred bits of what used to be its body crumbling into ash. "perhaps it didn't want to die" she remarked "but neither did he" she says, nodding her head towards Musical. "survival of the fittest they say, clearly this one here didn't fit the bill" she continues, as she looks down at the smoldering timber. she can't help being a cynic.   

"Ooh, burn!" Deadpan joked.

"Depending on the situation and on what creature, some things HAVE to disappear." Musical says "Take me for example. I cant stand those puns and soon I will die."

"Oh please, dont be soo dramatic! Atleast lets all find the clock pieces. You said there was 5 left." Rose says

"4 left with the piece Im gonna go get right now." Musical says, and flies off.

"If you die at least we'll have a fresh bouquet of flowers ready since we're in a foresty bit." Deadpan snickered.

@@EQ_Theta,

"I am not concerned about Xin."

Omen hadn't answered the gruff longma before when he had spoken, in part because there really wasn't something she could or would want to say in the current situation, and in part because what she did have to say, even she knew wouldn't make things better.

They were still prisoners in some way with this group, but this one had let Sen and Lin walk without being poked at with spears or caught in nets at least, and if she began to tell what she meant of their elders, or their kin in general thus far - excluding Sen and Lin - it might change to something worse for them, and she didn't want that to happen. She would say so if asked, because she did not lie, but there was a difference between that and just not saying something that at least made it more possible for her to stay neutral right now.

Contrary to Sen though, she wasn't concerned that much about the new elder that seemingly had this part set in motion. To her, Xin's approach represented what their elders usually were, whilst this one's had the sting of somepony else involved, and from what she had seen thus far, this elder were the more reasonable of them. Not to say that things wouldn't change, but with what information she had right now, the new elder seemed like a speck of grey on an hourglass of dark sand. At least for the time being.

As for Xin... Her words should cover well what she thought of him currently, as well as hopefully convey to Sen that she did feel concern about the other things, yet she wouldn't say more about that regardless if he couldn't. Not yet.

The way that she spoke, with projecting her voice to the heads of those around her, were not something that she had any control over, and there were only slight changes in volume that she could make. Not in distance, or who heard it, so she weren't able to *whisper* as such like Sen did. When she spoke, the others would hear it, so to her, it looked like it were better to once again not end in a situation where she might have to lie, but in one where she just didn't say something. It seemed the better solution for the time being.

===========================================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

@@~Phoenix~,

@@Flinp,

Whilst some of the others seemed to find him somewhat annoying - including Phoenix who, unfortunately, did not appear to be willing to follow them - Briar actually quite enjoyed the somewhat bad jokes by Deadpan. They might be a little simplistic, and he could understand why they would make others rolls their eyes, but they weren't as forced as some others were, and he could hear that the pony meant only to try and entertain. That, and jokes akin to *You wouldn't be-leaf what just happened* were sadly rather popular with his kind. For some reason, the majority of them liked puns, and especially plant-based ones.

He listened in silence as they went along with the interactions between Deadpan, and some pony that were seemingly from Ponyville, looking for pieces of the broken clock-tower that were broken in the attack yesterday. A dreadful affair, and one he were not happy having been in the middle of, but at least everypony had seemingly survived, and if this one were looking for parts now it must meant they were hard at work rebuilding, so it were at least a silver lining to look at how well the local ponies coped after this, though he knew it were stretching it a bit.

The appearance of the timberwolf got him away from those thoughts for a moment. He might not be able to see it, but the sounds, the smell and the wind blowing gently around it gave him some degree of *picture* of what they were dealing with, and he were usually good at scaring these little pests away. They were perhaps a dangerous nuisance to many, but to him, they were just predators trying to survive, and ones made of nature itself as well, like h-

That thought too went away, as the inferno engulfed the poor creature in front of him and he instinctually took several steppes back with a look on his face that were a mixture of fear and sadness. He so hated being near uncontrolled fire, though most assuredly not as much as the poor beast that now burned.

"I hope for the poor thing that it went quick. No being of nature deserves to face the end like this..."

========================================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"You'd be surprised how few are willing to give you a chance at first sight these days."

Florence halfway mumbled this as she looked around at what were still to be packed down. She had a crate with her to put things in, and it should fit the bandages, random tools and other smalls stuff spread around here, and Nurse Needle seemed to be taking well care of handling the few things that had to be folded and packed in a more special way, though he still wasn't saying anything - a bit of a shy pony that one - and kept to the side more than anything at the moment.

"Anyway, there's not too much left, but if you could help me pick up the random tools and such they left behind it'd be nice, please? I can carry the crate, but we need to get everything packed in before we go back so the wildlife don't get hurt by it, and so they can have some of these things back. Especially the scalpels. So uhm... Watch where you step too."

She saw a glimmer in the grass and went over to pick up one of the mentioned scalpels that were halfway covered in dirt, before putting it slowly over into the crate. She didn't want to cut herself on this thing if she could help it.

"Would it be okay if I asked... I-I mean if it's not a problem that is, what you do near Ponyville? I won't pry if it is, I just... Well, it makes the time pass easier. But I'll understand if you don't want to say."

Though a griffin, Florence was a prime example that you couldn't trust the stereotypes of their kind, which tended to be - at least far as she had heard it - proud, stubborn, harsh bullies that hardly ever found anypony they didn't look down upon. Something which were hard to place with the thus-far kind attitude of Florence, as well as her more and more clear confidence issues and slight mood swings.

She still had to hear the brunt of it, which were one of the reasons for her lower self-esteem, so meeting those that didn't judge were always a nice thing for her, and with how things were these days she really needed to try and reach out and talk to others a little. It helped distract her from what rummaged in her mind.

She had tried to speak with Nurse Needle before this, but he wasn't exactly a great talker. In fact, he had trouble even looking at her most of the times from what she could tell. He stole glances now and again, and she could swear she saw him blush once when he noticed she had caught him in it, though she didn't really say to him that she saw most, if not all, the times he did this. He were probably just curious anyway, and she didn't see the problem with it, so she just let him be with that. It seemed to work better that way.

"Well I live in a Monastery up further into the wilderness now. I have been assigned by the Grandmaster to help re-build Ponyville. It's quite a shame such a beautiful town  was destroyed. What happened, anyway, if you don't mind me asking?" Zen asked.

Cresent blinked at his feline friend on that mark, unsure if that was just an odd comment or an double meaning, that batpony made a note to keep an eye on how zinthar acts around the zebra. Cressent shrugged it off taking another swig from the blood bottle feeling the blood making him better. "she knows a lot, I trust her" he said relaxing.  

"doesn't matter?!" The zebras kind motherly tone seemed to snap into a stern mothers  

Cresent herd the tone shift "oh boy, things just got serious for him" seeing the cats reaction he smiled "lets just say zecoras use to youngsters"

The zebra caught her self knowing the youngster needs a push to his quest "to find your parents lies within your towns name and I'm afraid an attack did came to it"

She stood up from the table going towards a closet coming back out with a map laying it out onto the table "see here cover up how to find your the right path to your quest keep this map so not to lead you into a mess. And take cresent"

@@Blitz Boom

"I don't blame you for having that sentiment. But seeing how a little chance he had and being thrown away like that? I'm angry about what he did, but even he doesn't deserve that. I don't know if I could forgive him."

"You've seen what he did to you, brother," Lin jumped in. "Do you honestly think you could still call him a friend after that? You heard what he said. Forget about him."

The two had their reservations on Xin but they were unsure of the impression this might have on Omen and her views on what friendship really is. They might even be giving her a bad impression of who they both were. This was even more so for Lin; she made a mental note to explain herself to Omen later.

The trip to the village was an uneventful one, though there were some interesting sights on the way there. The most prominent of these was what appeared to be an old ruin of some sort. It was in a forest clearing where the rays of sunlight pierced through the trees and revealed its presence. Sen and Lin didn't notice that before but it only goes to show just how little they knew of their surroundings. It was about midday when the group arrived at the gates to the forest village. 

Sentry towers lined the exterior and the inside was filled with huts, both on the ground and hanging on the trees. On the far end was the path to the waterfall and the village proper. They were in the communal square where the village crier or elder addressed the populace or where festivities would be held.  

Droves of longma caught sight of Sen, Lin, and Omen entering the village and daily life rapidly ground to a halt. Eyes locked to the three of them and the sound of whispers permeated in the air as more painted hunters stood their guard and pointed their spears at the group.  

"Stay here," the gruff longma said. "The elder will be with you shortly."

@Denim&Venom

She happily let her tail keep moving around for the kit to keep playing she did not mind. She looked down to the one pawing at her butt mark. "That's my cutie mark honey, ponies get them." She looked down between her legs. "Um what are you two doing?" Looking at them curiously.

@@Hazard Time,@@Blitz Boom, Serenade takes both bottles and test-sniffs them both. Salty Dog elicits a sigh from the dark blue Pegasi, but Ocean Breeze see's her slump down into the chair, "MMmm....that brings back memories." Smiling she sits back up, "Both, I'll take both....now I noticed you had some trouble with Equestrian bits, perhaps....an alternative method of payment is in order?" Serenade gets up and walks over to her desk, and spends a few minutes rummaging around before pulling out a faded carrying case. She heads back over and puts the case down in front of Succulent, and opens it. Inside is a brass and gold instrument, "It's a Sextant, it's an instrument used to navigate long distances. The instructions on how to use it and some maps are inside the carrying case"

Edited by Moonlit

@@EQ_Theta,

So Sen and Lin had different views on Xin it seemed. Interesting.

Currently, Omen would lie if she said she didn't agree with Lin on this, as she couldn't understand how you could call somepony a friend who had lured you into a trap like Xin had, which were why she kept a confused look on Sen for a good, long time during their road ahead, trying to make heads or tails in this, but finding nothing.

The thoughts kept on as they reached the longma settlement, who started out much as she had started to think. That is, with walls and guards, isolating whoever lived inside from the outside world and leaving them in their... Home? Prison? She wasn't sure if it wasn't both, even after they went past that and she could see their structures and the beings living there. They didn't seem to have chains on them, but her master had been fond to tell how rules were like chains, keeping you down, and that you were only free if you never had any of them.

She didn't know if she still agreed that there shouldn't be no rules, but she did agree that sometimes, there were too many of them, and her impression of this place via the beings she had met and the few snippets of history she had gained, made her think that they would do well in having some of their chains broken.

The gawkers that focused on their little ensemble didn't matter much to her, though she did look around and took what in that she could of the sights. All things considered, it looked fine, once you got past the walls, but she still didn't like this place. Didn't trust it, or the elders who led this, of whom one would soon make his or her appearance, from what the larger longma said.

Her eyes eventually settled on the row of hunter that surrounded them, pointing their spears at them, though they were still at a distance, so she wasn't sure if this were to make sure their group stayed here, or to keep them away from the citizens. Perhaps both, but they'd see.

Not that they had to. if she wanted to, she could just get them away now. No ropes tied them down, nopony would be able to scoop them up in time unless they had an invisible, giant dragon here - they couldn't do that, right? - and they stoopd on an easy, flat surface. Yet, she were curious as to who it was that wanted the siblings here, and what they wanted with them. Considering the trap before, she couldn't trust the idea that this were about a return ticket for Sen anymore, and if they were to be imprisoned, why had they been let go of their ropes to begin with? Especially when they could see what Omen had done before this?

They could always leave later, but for now, she wanted to see what this were about, and who had made the call to go for her friends and family.

"Interesting place. Did you use to live in one of the trees?"

===========================================================================

@@cwhip9,

Cover-up twitched as Zecora's tone changed and he rose his head again to meet her gaze. He looked... Startled, by the sudden change in the zebra's approach, but he were listening now at least instead of keeping on his downward trend, though he still wasn't sure what she were talking about.

He guessed that she wanted him to go back? And that was why she had given him the map. Or perhaps it had something to do with the name, and where it came from, he wasn't sure, but more than anything, there was one thing he really didn't know what she were on about. Or perhaps he had just forgotten about it in the emotional turmoil he had just been through, but he couldn't be sure.

"W-What's a *crescent*?"

"That would be the bat pony standing next to me, colt."

The voice of the feline monster caught Cover-up's attention as he quickly turned his eyes towards the now-mobile thing that had been dragged in before. This horrid beast that looked at him with a glow in one of three, somewhat narrow eyes - the one in the middle of its forehead that were, which looked like it was turned on its side instead of what normal beings had - and swayed one of its nine, pointed tails behind it. The last part were just for comfort, but the bcolt didn't know that.

"And I must say, I'm hurt that you didn't mention me, Zecora. Don't think I'd help a sweet, innocent child too?"

Zinthar neglected adding a quip about whatever or not she were afraid he'd turn the colt to serve his whim, as he wasn't strong enough to think he'd win any sort of confrontation right now, but he still were tired of this uncertainty over what she knew, what were going on, etc. that came from this silence between the parties, so he had taken the chance to add a minor, taunting comment to begin what would likely be a bad time. Still, it would have to be better than this stand still, right?

================================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"I'm not entirely sure, I was in the hospital and watching over my uncle when things happened, and a lot of the town was covered in a strange dome of wind that blocked out outsiders from looking in. Well, except for the giant hippo-thing, but I don't even know what to think of that creature.

I heard from those that were in there though, that a giant monster had attacked town and tried to eat them or something, before a lot of strange creatures showed up to defeat it. I don't know which ones were real as they kept saying things about foxes, changelings, robed ones and other things that seemed far fetched, but they won at least, and the hospital's been busy taking care of everypony that got hurt there since yesterday. Currently they're starting on rebuilding town."

Florence didn't say anything about the ponies and such that had shown from the past, as she didn't believe this before she had seen them and she hadn't had the time to check yet, but it might be a factor to think about later.

"Your monastery reacts fast, huh? I mean, the attack was just yesterday, and it was only here far as I know. I don't see a tower nearby so... Good telescopes perhaps? Or did somepony come to you, looking for help?"

===============================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

@@Flinp,

@@~Phoenix~,

"Contrary to what my appearance and dietary needs suggests, I do like to think of death as a last resort. Predators can be chased off and learned to stay clear of certain individuals or even entire races, and one must remember that they simply try to eat and live, much like any pony would. Perhaps their diet is different from yours, but it all simply comes down to feeding itself, not anything inherently evil."

Briar let out a sigh after his minor speech and wandered over to the still.smouldering pile of the former timberwolf.

"Perhaps it was not only seeking to feed itself either. A family could wait for it at home, that now will have to live without this parent, or sibling... I praise the earthmother for blessing the timberwolves with smaller minds so this knowledge will not hurt them as much or for that long, and for being flock animals that take care of their own. At least then, if this one haves cubs waiting at home, they will still be able to live on..."

He fell silent as he wandered past the once-great beast and followed the direction that Musical had flown off to.

The natural order were something he were painfully aware of, with ones such as himself needing to place themselves higher on the food chain to be able to feed themselves, much to the dismay of those below them. Those did not wish to be prey, and he understood that, but unfortunately, some critters just had to become prey so that others could live. it was nature, and going against it would only end up with an overpopulation of the critters and an extinct section where predators had once been, which would only end up as a disruption of the natural balance that would have wider consequences for even the ponies, who'd then have to see the greens they needed fall prey to the hordes of creatures who would before have fed others instead of now seeking food of their own.

Now, he didn't want to see a pony being eaten, as he considered the ones of higher sentience like that to be outside of the predator and prey dynamic, but that did not mean that you had to kill to protect one this simple. The timberwolf could have been beaten and scared off, which would make it look for another kind of prey unless it had a personal vendetta against ponies, in which case then yes, perhaps there would be only one, regrettable solution to things. In this case though, he found it premature, and it saddened him to think of this potentially avoidable loss of life, and what the consequences might be for the ones this creature now left behind.

=====================================================================================

@@Hazard Time,

@@Moonlit,

"Uuuuh, shiny."

Ziggy looked down at the Sextant with big, curious eyes. She had never seen something like this, but it sure looked important, and from what Serenade said, it could be something really useful for the type of pony that were on the move, or had to travel to far away places sometimes at least. Maps alone could be hard to follow sometimes, and come on, this was pretty! Pretty things were worth extra points, right?

"How does it work? Is it like a compass?"

It was so tempting to poke at it and see what would happen, but... Nnnnno, she shouldn't. it wasn't her toy, even though...

Why did it have to shiny and mysterious? It made it so hard not to do anything to it. Nothing bad or anything, just something to see if this would do magical and wondrous things, or lead to some kind of grand adventure! Like she had read in her books when she grew up, no pun intended.