open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@,

"Good. I have a few ponies ready to follow you out and look. Follow me."

They would have barely gotten away from the station before a greasy earth pony with a clock cutie mark, and a large, imposing Solar Guard that looked bored until his eyes fell on Last, met them. The later of the two had been reluctant to do as was asked of him, but the mare had frankly scared him, and still did a little, so he had just agreed to help with this little thing, then back on duty. It would be better that way.

"Gordan, this is Clockwise, and Meathead. Help them search, and if anything goes against you, let the big guy handle it. I'm sure he can take care of a little puppy on his own."

There were silence from the other two until she were out of earshot, at which point *Meathead* finally had the guts to talk.

"It's Golden Hammer, not Meathead."

"It could be worse. You saw what happened to the pony that went over and actually yelled in her face."

Golden shivered.

"Why do you think I just agreed to this, rather than take my chances?"

"Heh, yeah. You'd just end up on the sidewalk too. Can't be good in your line of work, even if you could bring her in afterwards."

Golden grunted a little and turned towards the forest, moving out to their goal whilst Clockwise went over and grinned at Gordan.

"He's a little grumpy, but it's okay. Stressful time and all that you know? Ready to go find some pieces of a clock?"

"Yes. Let's find some pieces. Why did you call Golden Hammer Meathead?" 

These 2 might also notice his cutie mark. His white coat is very visible, his red eyes are also very prominent. His pack is gone and he has no items with him. He is interested as to why they are finding pieces of clock. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom, Serenade smiles and brings her tail fluke up and around so Ziggy can get a closer look. This is not the most intensive examination she's had, but she knows that it needs to be done. Besides watching Ziggy in "doctor mode" was actually kind of fun to watch. 

stuff

"Dude, I'm all about crackin' jokes and stuff, but let's not joke about the possibility of death. Okay?" Deadpan asked, giving Sea Breeze a look that was very clearly hurt.

--------------------

"Oh, I wish I could remember how to fix this...I'm sorry, Florence." Zen held her head  low. "I failed...". Tears ran down her cheeks lightly. It was very clear she felt remorseful over all of this.

"I need to think on this more before I can say what happens now. Or what happened then. Let's just be on our way already."
Cresent nodded at his friends statement knowing not to push questions onto him. "good by me bud, this place will probably seem alien too you so ill try to make things easy for ya best I could."

The batpony waved cover up over to single the it was safe for the youngster to come forward and join them "so then you want a bite to eat before we go on your quest?" he said cheerfully

@Blitz Boom

Draco found the shop Quartz Tool Shed. He hummed as he reached into his saddlebags and pulled out the letter along with his note pad He walked into the shop. "I'm looking for Spelt Hacker," Draco said with a raised eyebrow. He hummed to himself as he walked to the counter.

"A promise is a promise."   With that, Nerzhei handed the half pint of blood over to the pony. From what were said, she were going to need this, but even if she hadn't, a deal was a deal, even if it were a weird one like this.   It was well worth it for them both though. The pony got some of the liquid that unfortunate circumstances had required her to need, and Nerzhei learned something new that she hadn't expected to hear. Granted, it could be seen as a lie, but considering what else she had seen - the desperate attempt to get the scarlet drops she had sent downwards before for example - it seemed reasonable, though some things were still left unanswered. But, she hadn't said this blood were for hearing everything. It were for the story, and that she had gotten.   "It is rather fascinating to hear about though. Blood diseases aren't exactly rare, but to be of a kind that makes you require you to replenish your own reserves are not some I have ever heard about. An interesting mix of necrotic, parasitic and mutagenic it sounds like, though something tells me that examining it wouldn't be a good idea. If loose blood of this kind can infect you, I'd just endanger others by asking for a sample. Something which I doubt you'd agree to anyway."   Now that she didn't have to slightly threaten Blood, her voice and stare were a good deal softer, and somewhat excited. There were still a bit of hardness in things, but that were more or less impossible for her to put down outside of when she studied. It were more or less the only time she ever let her emotional shields completely down.   "The research aside, now that we have things sorted, perhaps we should sort something that were skipped."   The hand the vial had been in opened fully and reached out to a handshake. Not something the pony could do technically, but a hoofshake were more or less the same anyway.   "I am Nerzhei, scholar, and former citizen of Dragon Land. And this up here is Lotus."

Blood Drops glanced at the bunny, then at the hoof, she didn't touch it. "Don't do any sort of contact either, don't want to set off any sort of mutation, Last thing we need is a mutated dragon walking around. That would be a disaster. She instead took the vial when Nerzhel put it on the floor.

She then glanced at the bunny and then back at Nerzhei. "Well, I'm Blood Drops, Clenser of La Horde" she remarked. She let a yawn, "you see why i ran away then? I any of the guards attacked me or attempted to arrest me, even one cut would cause them to become like me, which is a very bad idea, since it could cause them to be infected." she remarked.

She sat down, "I did have some pony get some off my blood on them once, it didn't end well for them. Your too big for me to kill as well, It would be hard to hide your body" she remarked. She took a sip from the vial of blood, that helped alot. Kept her under control, "Though when i'm out of blood there might be trouble anyway, I will probably have to build a cage for myself or something, that would be a good idea" she muttered.

"So you're a scholar? you know anything about my condition at all? any cures you might be carrying around" she added.

@@Blitz Boom, Astral smiled, she was right, again. It was his business. Also, the fact where he had the business set up was still around, and his mention of a smell, she had to say it... "Maybe they just couldn't get rid of it." She joked rather causally. "Well either way, you should be glad the shop still there, you could probably buy it back." She sat up, started searching for those bits earlier, failing to remember if she had already handed them to Chow.

While Astral searched the wagon, Misty realized where Chow's name came from. "So, you sell pet food? That explains your name. Although both Astral and me don't know the reason for either of our names."

"I still think it's because I have control over the Astral plane or something." She chuckled. "But that'd be ridiculous." It could be mistaken for a lie that was created because civilization was around them, since magic was banned Astral may have said it to hide that she could. but Astral really thought it was a crazy idea.

Astral looked to Misty, expecting her to say something, possibly about her own name. "Zebras don't usually give meaning to their names."

Astral turned her head to Chow. "Did I give you the bag of bits? I can't seem to find it on the wagon."

@@Blitz Boom

The two crystal ponies quickly put their cloaks back on and followed behind the filly, the mare leading the way while her brother trailed behind.  They said nothing and were simply content to let Blitz lead the way.  The mare, however, continued scanning her surroundings, her paranoia still on edge.

@@Lloyd,

"You'd be amazed about what sorta things a professional can get out of the brickwork. A little smell like this shouldn't be a bother... Strange, but I suppose it's a good thing. As you said, it'll be possible to get it back perhaps. And if they haven't been able to do anything with it, it shouldn't be all that expensive with a little haggling."

It seemed very odd, but he shrugged it off for now and turned over to help Astral and Misty with the search. Not the search for their name meaning mind you, as that were a bit beyond his field of understanding, but the bits they were talking about.

"There's guards looking on from most places and I were gone for two and a half minutes to drag you two out. The odds that somepony have been able to nick something from the cart is near nil. Might be you just missed it."

With that, he went over and helped looking. Whatever the result of the search would end up being,he would be focused on that entirely, and not the mare that were walking over towards them after having exited from the neighboring antiques store. She were a unicorn with a base coat of green with yellow swirls in a pretty pattern, a long tail and elegantly styled mane that went down one side of her head - both a two-toned mixture of pink - and green eyes, looking at the three of them amused. Not as in laughing at them, but more in a *finding them funny to see here* sort of way.

Her cutie mark resembled an old pony figurine with dust falling off it, signalling well why she were in an antique store, but not much else as she approached them slowly, though silently for now. It seemed she were interested in seeing how their search went before making any waves.

==================================================================================

@@Hazard Time,

They would get to the edge of the forest pretty fast, with not really anypony giving them more of a funny look than could be expected, considering the cloaks and all, but they didn't approach so that were something at least.

"Alright, we need to go... This way, right. Not gonna be too long. Oh, and don't step in the blue flowers if you see them. Bad things happen if you don't know what you're doing with poison joke."

She lead them around a small patch of exactly that kind of flower not long after that, pointing at it briefly and telling it again before moving on, excited to see what the two of them would think when they saw the house. Something which they would about ten minutes after they started if they kept a good speed, and would look... pretty good actually, all things considered. From the outside at least, the paint had peeled some, but there didn't seem to be any holes in the roof, the windows seemed somewhat blurry at times, but whole, and the front door... Could use a replacement, but that were what that were. And frankly not the biggest issue there could be.

But, they still had ten minutes. Might be something the pair wanted to talk about before they reached their strangely abandoned destination.

=================================================================================

@@BloodDrops,

"Your case sounds too unique for me to know of a cure currently, especially when it is includes a mutagen, but... I could try a few things. I have some materials I use for testing purposes that could prove useful in at least containing it better, though they're still experimental, even in the way I intended for them to be made. But still, a pinch of holy magic and some degree of stabilizing effects through a few other, balancing energies... Perhaps if it got focused in a medallion to direct the flow more precisely? It's a theory, but it could work.

I'd need you to follow me then to the forest if you'd want to have it tested. I make my home out there, away from ponies for the time being. Gives me some peace for my research, so it is preferable for now too."

She seemed to be speaking mostly to herself as she went on about this, but it was a habit she had gained through years upon years of having basically only herself to speak with. It helped on the feeling of loneliness at times, and hearing herself speak on a thing could also do wonders for her focus when she felt stuck, so it was all good. Except for how others found her weird, but that were unlikely to change anyway, so that didn't matter all that much.

=====================================================================================

@@dragon4111,

A pony in his late forties turned around as he heard the name being called out. He was a pretty plain pony to look at, having a varying grey color scheme going from his coat, mane and tail to his eyes, with a greying, black beard to follow troop. He was about the height you could expect from a pegasi and were recognizable as the shop manager by the logo on his work shirt. On the sleeve to be exact.

"That's me."

He put a hoof forth to give a shake to Draco, as were customary as far as he were concerned, and gave the pony a quick once over, just to see what sort he were dealing with here. He seemed like a fine kid thus far though, and he wasn't armed, so that were two points in his favor. Time to see if there'd be any minuses that would end up giving him reason to toss him from the store.

"Haven't seen you 'round here before, so since you're looking for me by name, I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess you've been asked to find me? Heard my son's been getting stuff from the warehouses a lot today, so gonna take another stab and guess that it's him that sent you?"

There were some similarities between this pony and Clayton, that were for sure, but it was easier to see when Clayton wasn't nervous. For example, he tended to have the jolly spark in his eyes like his father did, but also that analytical outlook, and attempts at trying to be open and welcome to those they met. In Clayton's case that would be easier without the suit, but nopony took him serious without it in Canterlot, so it were a lesser evil he had to live with. More things stuck out, but really, Clayton looked more like his mother when it came to it. He just took most of his ways of interacting with others and such from his dad, to the best of his abilities.

=====================================================================================

@@cwhip9,

The rumbling of Cover-up's tummy would answer that before he had the chance to himself, and make him blush enough from the embarrassment to almost make him look like a tattooed tomato.

"I-I uhm... Yes p-please."

Zinthar took the chance at the colts distracted nature right now and went closer to now have a proper look. Considering all his eyes worked this time around, he might see something he didn't before, though alas, what he had seen seemed to be what he got. The colt didn't look too out there, not even with the... Wait, what did they have here?

He raised a paw and nudged gently to the ink quill the colt carried on his side, which made a jolt go through him and look to his side where Zinthar had been, but the cat had in the meantime gotten to his other side and now looked at the brush with a chuckle. It didn't give him more than a few seconds to check things out, but it were all he needed right now before he went over and walked slowly past Crescent, rubbing against his side and purring a little for fun. It was slightly degrading if it happened on accident, but his views on it got a bit more flexible when it came to toying with others, such as now.

"Yes, perhaps we should have a small break to have you two fed. Wouldn't want you to be all weak and vulnerable out there, right?"

He specifically said it that way because he knew that it made the colt nervous, but the way he half-purred the last part of his sentence to Crescent as he walked past him was also a bit of a show for him. Zinthar might be thankful for his help in getting him back to the real world, ad for giving him a bit of space to think for now, but that didn't mean he couldn't have a bit of fun regardless, no?

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"Sorry, sorry. Sometimes I don't think before I open my big ol' mouth. I'll try and keep it toned down, alright?"

So then, this was embarrassing. Though what else could he really have expected? It were in poor taste what he had said, and especially when you considered the timing of things - seriously, joking about death? What the hay dude? - and frankly, there wasn't a good enough excuse for this. Yeah, he might have rambled off and not thought about it, but with things like this, he really should have.

Honestly, he were amazed that the other pony hadn't clocked him one for it. Would've been well deserved if he had.

===========================================================================

@@Moonlit,

It wouldn't take all that long to examine the tail, but it were still a pretty exciting thing, and especially when she started to consider what sort of power Serenade would be able to swim through the water with, since her tail had looked and felt rather strong in it, which would help a lot with keeping some speed in the water, surely. Or perhaps just to make it in deeper waters with higher pressure? Could be either. Or a third. Were hard to tell really.

After she were done with the tail though, she went over again to the journal quickly and scribbled a few things down before returning to Serenade.

"Best examination I can do without a more sterile room and some prep time that isn't too intrusive, but i learned a ton. Thank you for letting me do this Serenade."

With that, she tossed her hooves around Serenade's neck as much as she could, and hugged her siren friend. The scales tickled her a little, but it was all just part of the hugging experience when it came to the siren, and besides, who didn't like a little tickling sometimes? Could be fun.

====================================================================================

@,

"Oh, I wouldn't do that, but the forepony... Jeez, you should have been there to see it. She does not take it well when somepony challenges her authority. Not like she attacked him or anything like that, but she really seems to have a way to get her point across regardless, and when she were done she just kept referring to Golden as Meathead. She might've thought he were a bit stupid."

Golden didn't see much, as he led the way into the forest and tried to ignore the the talk about his unfortunate new nickname, but Clockwise did see Gordan's cutie mark. Seemed a bit strange in it, but considering his were a bunch of gears with the numbers of a clock around it, who were he really to judge?

"Mind me asking, what's the meaning of your cutie mark? Mine's simple enough, as I repair and make clocks, and Golden up there is pretty self explanatory, but what's your deal?"

The thing with Golden referred to what could be seen of the guard's mark, which were a shield with a hammer crossed over it. Even without it though, the hammer down his side would have given some clues, but some were just meant to be easy to understand.

@Blitz Boom

Draco looked at the pony and handed him the letter. "Lived in Canterlot when I was a foal but now," Draco said with a chuckle. He looked at the stallion gauging him. "Yeah I'm Draco O'Malley owner of O'Malley rare and exotic courier services," Draco stated as he introduced himself he looked at the stallion. "Since your the recipient of this letter I need you to sign here and here," Draco stated as he pulled out a ball point pen with his mouth. And by using ventriloquism he asked "He said you had a package for me to deliver back to him?"

@@Blitz Boom,

Blood Drops blinked, that was ok with her. "Yeah i can do that, if you could help that would be great" she remarked. She got up and blinked at the dragon, waiting for her to lead her to her lab. "are we going to your research place now? Or later?" she asked blinking, she wasn't that clever after all. She still wanted to be cured though she didn't want to jump the gun and end up getting worse. "So if you can fix me, I will make sure you are welcomed here, since well. Most ponies don't like dragons" she added blinking, "They think your scary and smelly" she continued. 

She began to follow the dragon but bumped into her, since she wasn't moving. She blinked this following really didn't work if the leader didn't move. She waited for the dragon to move.

@@Lloyd,

"You'd be amazed about what sorta things a professional can get out of the brickwork. A little smell like this shouldn't be a bother... Strange, but I suppose it's a good thing. As you said, it'll be possible to get it back perhaps. And if they haven't been able to do anything with it, it shouldn't be all that expensive with a little haggling."

It seemed very odd, but he shrugged it off for now and turned over to help Astral and Misty with the search. Not the search for their name meaning mind you, as that were a bit beyond his field of understanding, but the bits they were talking about.

"There's guards looking on from most places and I were gone for two and a half minutes to drag you two out. The odds that somepony have been able to nick something from the cart is near nil. Might be you just missed it."

With that, he went over and helped looking. Whatever the result of the search would end up being,he would be focused on that entirely, and not the mare that were walking over towards them after having exited from the neighboring antiques store. She were a unicorn with a base coat of green with yellow swirls in a pretty pattern, a long tail and elegantly styled mane that went down one side of her head - both a two-toned mixture of pink - and green eyes, looking at the three of them amused. Not as in laughing at them, but more in a *finding them funny to see here* sort of way.

Her cutie mark resembled an old pony figurine with dust falling off it, signalling well why she were in an antique store, but not much else as she approached them slowly, though silently for now. It seemed she were interested in seeing how their search went before making any waves.

==================================================================================

@@Hazard Time,

They would get to the edge of the forest pretty fast, with not really anypony giving them more of a funny look than could be expected, considering the cloaks and all, but they didn't approach so that were something at least.

"Alright, we need to go... This way, right. Not gonna be too long. Oh, and don't step in the blue flowers if you see them. Bad things happen if you don't know what you're doing with poison joke."

She lead them around a small patch of exactly that kind of flower not long after that, pointing at it briefly and telling it again before moving on, excited to see what the two of them would think when they saw the house. Something which they would about ten minutes after they started if they kept a good speed, and would look... pretty good actually, all things considered. From the outside at least, the paint had peeled some, but there didn't seem to be any holes in the roof, the windows seemed somewhat blurry at times, but whole, and the front door... Could use a replacement, but that were what that were. And frankly not the biggest issue there could be.

But, they still had ten minutes. Might be something the pair wanted to talk about before they reached their strangely abandoned destination.

=================================================================================

@@BloodDrops,

"Your case sounds too unique for me to know of a cure currently, especially when it is includes a mutagen, but... I could try a few things. I have some materials I use for testing purposes that could prove useful in at least containing it better, though they're still experimental, even in the way I intended for them to be made. But still, a pinch of holy magic and some degree of stabilizing effects through a few other, balancing energies... Perhaps if it got focused in a medallion to direct the flow more precisely? It's a theory, but it could work.

I'd need you to follow me then to the forest if you'd want to have it tested. I make my home out there, away from ponies for the time being. Gives me some peace for my research, so it is preferable for now too."

She seemed to be speaking mostly to herself as she went on about this, but it was a habit she had gained through years upon years of having basically only herself to speak with. It helped on the feeling of loneliness at times, and hearing herself speak on a thing could also do wonders for her focus when she felt stuck, so it was all good. Except for how others found her weird, but that were unlikely to change anyway, so that didn't matter all that much.

@@dragon4111,

A pony in his late forties turned around as he heard the name being called out. He was a pretty plain pony to look at, having a varying grey color scheme going from his coat, mane and tail to his eyes, with a greying, black beard to follow troop. He was about the height you could expect from a pegasi and were recognizable as the shop manager by the logo on his work shirt. On the sleeve to be exact.

"That's me."

He put a hoof forth to give a shake to Draco, as were customary as far as he were concerned, and gave the pony a quick once over, just to see what sort he were dealing with here. He seemed like a fine kid thus far though, and he wasn't armed, so that were two points in his favor. Time to see if there'd be any minuses that would end up giving him reason to toss him from the store.

"Haven't seen you 'round here before, so since you're looking for me by name, I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess you've been asked to find me? Heard my son's been getting stuff from the warehouses a lot today, so gonna take another stab and guess that it's him that sent you?"

There were some similarities between this pony and Clayton, that were for sure, but it was easier to see when Clayton wasn't nervous. For example, he tended to have the jolly spark in his eyes like his father did, but also that analytical outlook, and attempts at trying to be open and welcome to those they met. In Clayton's case that would be easier without the suit, but nopony took him serious without it in Canterlot, so it were a lesser evil he had to live with. More things stuck out, but really, Clayton looked more like his mother when it came to it. He just took most of his ways of interacting with others and such from his dad, to the best of his abilities.

@@cwhip9,

The rumbling of Cover-up's tummy would answer that before he had the chance to himself, and make him blush enough from the embarrassment to almost make him look like a tattooed tomato.

"I-I uhm... Yes p-please."

Zinthar took the chance at the colts distracted nature right now and went closer to now have a proper look. Considering all his eyes worked this time around, he might see something he didn't before, though alas, what he had seen seemed to be what he got. The colt didn't look too out there, not even with the... Wait, what did they have here?

He raised a paw and nudged gently to the ink quill the colt carried on his side, which made a jolt go through him and look to his side where Zinthar had been, but the cat had in the meantime gotten to his other side and now looked at the brush with a chuckle. It didn't give him more than a few seconds to check things out, but it were all he needed right now before he went over and walked slowly past Crescent, rubbing against his side and purring a little for fun. It was slightly degrading if it happened on accident, but his views on it got a bit more flexible when it came to toying with others, such as now.

"Yes, perhaps we should have a small break to have you two fed. Wouldn't want you to be all weak and vulnerable out there, right?"

He specifically said it that way because he knew that it made the colt nervous, but the way he half-purred the last part of his sentence to Crescent as he walked past him was also a bit of a show for him. Zinthar might be thankful for his help in getting him back to the real world, ad for giving him a bit of space to think for now, but that didn't mean he couldn't have a bit of fun regardless, no?

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"Sorry, sorry. Sometimes I don't think before I open my big ol' mouth. I'll try and keep it toned down, alright?"

So then, this was embarrassing. Though what else could he really have expected? It were in poor taste what he had said, and especially when you considered the timing of things - seriously, joking about death? What the hay dude? - and frankly, there wasn't a good enough excuse for this. Yeah, he might have rambled off and not thought about it, but with things like this, he really should have.

Honestly, he were amazed that the other pony hadn't clocked him one for it. Would've been well deserved if he had.

===========================================================================

@@Moonlit,

It wouldn't take all that long to examine the tail, but it were still a pretty exciting thing, and especially when she started to consider what sort of power Serenade would be able to swim through the water with, since her tail had looked and felt rather strong in it, which would help a lot with keeping some speed in the water, surely. Or perhaps just to make it in deeper waters with higher pressure? Could be either. Or a third. Were hard to tell really.

After she were done with the tail though, she went over again to the journal quickly and scribbled a few things down before returning to Serenade.

"Best examination I can do without a more sterile room and some prep time that isn't too intrusive, but i learned a ton. Thank you for letting me do this Serenade."

With that, she tossed her hooves around Serenade's neck as much as she could, and hugged her siren friend. The scales tickled her a little, but it was all just part of the hugging experience when it came to the siren, and besides, who didn't like a little tickling sometimes? Could be fun.

====================================================================================

@,

"Oh, I wouldn't do that, but the forepony... Jeez, you should have been there to see it. She does not take it well when somepony challenges her authority. Not like she attacked him or anything like that, but she really seems to have a way to get her point across regardless, and when she were done she just kept referring to Golden as Meathead. She might've thought he were a bit stupid."

Golden didn't see much, as he led the way into the forest and tried to ignore the the talk about his unfortunate new nickname, but Clockwise did see Gordan's cutie mark. Seemed a bit strange in it, but considering his were a bunch of gears with the numbers of a clock around it, who were he really to judge?

"Mind me asking, what's the meaning of your cutie mark? Mine's simple enough, as I repair and make clocks, and Golden up there is pretty self explanatory, but what's your deal?"

The thing with Golden referred to what could be seen of the guard's mark, which were a shield with a hammer crossed over it. Even without it though, the hammer down his side would have given some clues, but some were just meant to be easy to understand.

"Ah, it's fine. We all do it sometimes. I made a joke about the Changeling invasion, right in front of one of the victims." Deadpan chuckled. "Boy, that was a bad idea. I was lucky she was a pacifist. She had these really weird psychic powers that gave her the same basic abilities as a unicorn, and the ability to read minds and speak telepathically, but strangely enough she was an Earth Pony. Can't remember her name though.." he mumbled, before taking out a large packet labeled 'Casual Stroll [OOC' and flipping through it.

"Ah! Says here her name is Zen Sunflower. That...is a stupid name." he laughed, before putting the packet away.

@,

"I am able to block out the sun for a few minutes. But it drains my magic extensively. I still don't know what purpose blocking the sun would serve. On another note I really want to meet more of those elements of harmony ponies, especially Twilight and also Discord." 

He really wants to meet Twilight, So she can teach him how to be better at magic. He always wanted to become better at magic, he also has thoughts of working with Trixie.

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom

"It... wasn't because there was anything bad in it."

Lin stutteringly replied, feeling the heavy weight of confusion and guilt at the same time. The anger from years past returned to her, flooding her mind with thoughts of revenge and fantasies of exacting out every kind of punishment to elder and the council at the time. She relished those long ago and wished them all to be real; setting fires and trapping them in their homes, hearing their pained screams as they begged for forgiveness but their cries would fall on deaf ears. Eventually, she settled with stealing the tome that supposedly stood for everything they were and burning it, wanting to see if they really prized it. That was without taking a peek and learning of any secrets it contained.

"I was angry, not in my right mind. I sought to find something in there that I could use to get back at them, maybe a spell or two. I wanted to get back at them by destroying what they 'supposedly' stood for with that codex of theirs and using their hypocrisy against them."

"The codex was a text that was meant for everyone to read. What is in there wasn't for the feint of heart and when readers are confronted with what is in them, their world would shatter because everything they knew was called into question. You are aware of the proverb on revenge, yes? What do the authors say about it, Lin?"

Sen spoke up, raising a much more serious tone. Something in his voice also carried an air of authority, one with some knowledge to impart. He suspected Lin knew much more than she was letting on but she couldn't answer. She knew what her brother wanted her to say but whether she couldn't say it or was intentionally withdrawing it, he can't tell.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@Blitz Boom, Serenade nods and is halfway through a shrug when Ziggy hugs her. Smirking, Serenade uses her forehooves to propel herself off the rock and onto the floor, and then wraps her entire body around the Zegasus-hooves, muzzle, tail, everything, it's a full body hug. 

(I'm finally back~!  :pinkie: Blitz got me a little caught up with an outline of what happened for the most part, but if I mess something up, please let me know. :squee:)

"Woah, What happened here?" Storm wondered aloud, as he walked into Ponyville with Pinkie and Grey, "Did another Ursa pass through?"

"We were only gone a little while.." Grey added, sounding worried. "I hope Scootaloo is okay.."

"I'm sure everypony is fine!" Pinkie chirped optimistically, "Sure all the buildings are a little crumbly, but I'm sure everypony made it out of whatever happened okay!" Her eyes widened, "Now I can have a 'YAY, The town is okay!' Party!, well... Later, but still, PARTY!" She exclaimed happily, clapping her hooves together with glee.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

"I swear, if I hear even a trumpet, I will personally tie you up and put you under guard."

Voice had headed for them to second she aw the pink ball of joy bounce into town along with her... Family? Something like that she supposed, but she hadn't spoken with the gang of them that much when they had met around a week ago, so she wasn't entirely sure.

What she were sure about though, were that she wasn't going to stand for Pinkie suddenly starting a party, and she knew from word of mouth as well as the bit she recalled personally, that the mare liked to throw parties around. Normally that would be fine, but far as she were concerned, the ponies in this town could wait. The ones who had to tend to their hurt families and those grieving were of course left alone, but the rest needed to run on a schedule if they wanted this town rebuilt, which a party would end up ruining.

She had hoped not to have to cover this sort of thing, as she had heard Pinkie was out of town for a bit, but as she had wandered back towards the north of town after sending a little troop out to reclaim the pieces of the machinery in the clocktower, ans had spotted the mare, she could see she didn't have much of a choice. Doubly so when she ggot near enough to hear what they were saying.

"The town have had a good deal of the structures damaged with a need to be rebuild, and her highness, Princess Celestia and her royal majesty, Princess Luna, have asked of me to stand for the rebuilding efforts. This means that I have every single pony I can convince or who volunteers to help on the efforts, running on eight hour schedules, and doing very precisely as they are told to speed up the process. Something which a party would interrupt.

Now, I get you might want to cheer others up, but I aim to have this town rebuild in less than three days, and I will handle anything that goes against that. I hope I make myself clear?"

She'd stare at Pinkie with a narrow eye for a time before easing up slightly.

"Beyond that, I hope your trip was fine?"

A few things were changed with last since last they saw her. One were that the old sword she had been carrying were gone, and the one in the scabbard seemed to glow with flickering, white flames, even when covered up as it were now, and the wound on her torso looked bigger, and more freshly cared for than the last. Might be a story in that, but it wasn't hard to tell that it involved what had happened to the town, one way or another.

@@Blitz Boom,

Pinkie giggled, "Well of course the party wouldn't be now, Silly!" She replied with a bright smile, "I mean, how could you throw a 'YAY, the town is okay!' party if most of the town isn't okay? First comes fixing the town, maybe a bit of singing or cheering up, and then when it's all~ fixed... We PAR-TAY~!" The earth pony exclaimed, rising up onto her hind legs and throwing confetti into air with the usual sound effects involved and a big 'Squee' smile.

"The trip was nice" Storm replied for the party mare, seeing as she quickly became occupied with her party planning, "We didn't expect to come back to see Ponyville practically in shambles though... Speaking of..." He turned to Pinkie, "Hey Pinkie, before you start getting really into your planning, maybe you should go check on the Cakes."

She gasped, "OhmygoshyourerightIneedtogocheckonthemandseeiftheyreokayseeyoulaterStormybyeGreybyeVoice!" The pink pony exclaimed almost too quickly to understand, even for Storm, and quickly zipped off in a blur, leaving behind nothing but a dust pony and a small trail of disturbed dirt.

Storm shook his head at her antics with a smile, before turning back to Voice, "I'll try and make sure she doesn't disturb anypony who's working, seeing as I know she tends to be a bit oblivious to other things when parties are involved.. Knowing her, she'd start asking a pegasus about which balloons they like, or what kind of dessert is their favorite, even if she had to use a pogo stick to talk to them mid-flight..." Storm chuckled.

"Aside from that, is there anything I can do to help?"

"I can help too!" Grey piped up with a smile, jumping onto Storm's back and striking a childish pose before he frowned a bit as he noticed something. "Oh, Um, are you okay miss?" He asked, pointing out her wound with a bit of concern.

stuff

"H-How did you do that?!" Zen asked the stranger standing before her. There is NO way removing the cursed object should have been that easy. Or was it? Oh, curse her memory problems..

Zen shook her head, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Anyway, it's good you managed to remove it without getting affected by it yourself."

@Summer Breeze

@Blitz Boom

Blue smiled when Blitz believed her story without a doubt. Hah. Got 'em.

"Yeah, it's kinda pretty, isn't it? It doesn't provide any form of heat, so no lighting fuses for me."

She smiled mischievously when Blitz mentioned fireworks. It made her think back to the Canterlot invasion. She had been one of the agents already stationed in Canterlot when the security measures were taken. It had taken some serious sneaking to not get caught, but it had been worth it. The barrier made the Canterlot citizens feel safe, and feeling safe gave the ponies time for love. Which she had been eating.

During the actual 'party' there had been plenty of pretty 'fireworks'. The different squads had communicated with each other with magical flares, which exploded in green sparks high in the air.

"Yeah, I've seen some pretty fun fireworks, yeah."

Blue barely resisted the urge to give Frosty a smack on his head for being an inconsiderate idiot. Well, it wasn't technically inconsiderate of him, since she had faked it all, but still.

"Err...No. First of all, I don't think I can infect you, secondly, what are you thinking, and thirdly, no."

She huffed slightly in annoyance. Maybe she was getting a bit too much into her role.

Blue sighed internally. She had hoped that they wouldn't ask, but oh well. It wasn't like she could mess this up. These ponies believed anything.

"Well, I never really did much of the partying. I was just that one mare who whacked things with sticks to make sure that there was always some background noise. Whether I was actually making good music or not didn't matter much. It was just background sound after all."

After a few seconds of silent thinking she continued.

"What I do know about the parties is that there were a lot of fancy dressed ponies, and that they didn't actually discuss anything important. It was all just boring stuff about money, art, and other parties. I don't recommend going to those parties. They're boring."

Blue was pretty happy of her story. Not enough information to allow anyone to call her out, nor too little to make them disappointed. Hopefully.

Frosty was a bit taken aback by Blue's answer. He'd expected a simple yes/no answer, with maybe some explanation, but Blue's response had been fairly annoyed, even he could see that. Was it something he said? Huh. Summer also didn't seem to want him to get bitten. She was a bit nicer about it though. She even told him he looked great! Nice.

He didn't pick up that she meant to say something else.

"Oh, well, that's...fine I guess? I guess no double science today..."

Biologic science wasn't his cup of tea anyway. Leave weird wacky diseases to the doctors.

@,

"Yeah, I'm fine. Doctors handled it well."

It wasn't exactly the truth, but telling a colt that she almost died from this wound and that if she wasn't careful, it might still, wasn't something that she'd do. She might be a little blunt with others, but she didn't aim to traumatize or scare the foals. Even she had a limit there.

"And honestly, if you can keep her under control, you're doing a bigger favor to me than you can imagine. But if you want to do something else, they could use a few more hooves at the market likely. The attack didn't hit there, but the dome of wind cleaved more or less straight through it and have left a lot of chaos there. I've been told most of the wares looks fine and everypony there's doing what they can to sort things and rebuild the broken pieces of the carts, but they are working under a schedule too and could use the help.

The first shift ends in a little over three and a half hours, and when that time comes, there's gonna be a lot of hungry ponies wanting a meal before they can get some rest prior to their next shift. I would prefer they have the option to find some things when that time comes.

If you think you have the time, I can guide you over there and you can have a look for yourself. They can likely still do it in time, but I'd rather be on the safe side. Like in regards to Pinkie."

==============================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"I could tell you, but I doubt you'd believe me without me showing you."

She got done folding up the whip andslung it on her back for now, thinking to herself that she needed a saddlebag or something now to hold this with. Wouldn't be good if she lost it, but for now, that wasn't an issue, as she moved closer to Zen, reached a hoof out so that it was a few inches from her, and plainly said "Try using your magic."

Florence was baffled on what were going on, and understanding just about as little as Zen, though Zen likely knew the improbability details of these sort of things more, as the griffon didn't know much about cursed items.

It would be interesting to see how Zen would reach to finding that she'd be unable to cast any spells with Null this close. Would she be even more confused? Would she understand the concept of anti-magic? It were hard to tell, but the fact remained that unless she got a head's distance away from Null roughly, the energy around her would repress the magic and keep it from being used, just as it would fizzle out any magic used against the small pegasi normally.

============================================================================================

@@Moonlit,

"Death... By hugs..."

Ziggy had tried to struggle a bit in surprise when Serenade had suddenly launched up and wrapped her up like a birthday present, but it didn't work much as she were completely engulfed by a bundle of scaly love that were giving her a hug that were unlikely anything she had ever tried before. Seriously, how should she have a chance to try a full body hug before? Jumped into a squid-tank? She might be silly and scatterbrained at times, but not enough to do something that stupid, though she did think for a moment that it would have been helpful in preparing her for this experience.

For the time being, as she felt herself being squished and squished in the hug of a lifetime, she couldn't do much else than think, and letting the few words out though. She were at the mercy of Serenade right now, and it seemed the Siren had her sight on using Ziggy as a teddy bear.

@@dragon4111,

"I don't, but I'm thinking that there letter you have for me will tell what he needs."

Spelt Hacker signed for the letter and upon receiving it, would open up and read over what were written. He knew this was genuine because of the seal that he had insisted Clayton got, just in case others tried to do something malicious under the guise of it being his orders. Without the seal, they wouldn't be able to as they couldn't authenticate things, unlike this letter that were strange, but clearly genuine.

"Hmmm... I'm gonna need a little while to get this gathered up. GImme ten minutes, alright?"

With that, he'd wander off to the personnel part of the store and start gathering the things written in a box for travel. Wasn't gonna be good for the pegasi in there to carry, but it'd be fine as long as he didn't overextend himself.

==============================================================================

@,

"Blocking out the sun? Sounds like a very weird talent with not many applications, but there's likely one somewhere I just can't see. Wouldn't make sense to be able to do it without a good meaning after all, right?

As for the elements, I think you might need to wait a bit with that. Rarity is working on the train station, Twilight is at the castle far as I know, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow Dash I have no idea about, and Pinkie Pie's been out of town with her colt friend. Not sure when she'd coming back. And Discord... Well, I think he could fix everything with a snap, but I'd be nervous about what he might have done with the walls and such then if it were. Besides, I can't say I've seen him lately. His visits are very infrequent."

The talk on Discord was meant to sound a bit nice, but frankly, like many others, Clockwise didn't trust that the lord of chaos would do something when he *helped out* with things, considering they still all remembered well what happened when he had tried to take over town, or the few times he did help afterwards, but had made a joke out of some things.

"Hopefully, there will be time to meet them all for you later, but the longer we take fixing town the longer that will just be. Hopefully, we'll find the pieces of the clock so I can get to work on that soon. I get kinda etsy when I'm not wo-"

@,

The music being played interrupted his speech, as well as his movements. Not because it was bad, no, not at all, quite the opposite actually. The sound that he heard flow nearby through the trees were lovely actually. Beautifully played and literally drawing him in with its haunting tune.

Seriously, he started to wander off, towards the player, with Meath- Sorry, Golden Hammer closely, and as they reached the pony that played just stood there and looked, though Clockwise were much more impressed from the looks of things than the guard.

As the music ended, he'd clap with a big grin on his face.

"Magnificent! I have not heard anypony play the flute so well in years. Absolutely breathtaking. Don't you think too, Gordan? Surely you can appreciate a skilled musician?"

@@BloodDrops,

"Cures takes time and effort. A suppressant is what I'm hoping for until I know better what we're dealing with. Follow me."

She didn't take much notice in the pony bumping into her as she rose up and again. Impatience were not something she had thought foreign to ponies before meeting them the first time, and with the few she had met on her way to Equestria, that belief had just been strengthened. Perhaps it were because of their shorter lives and happy outlook on things that they didn't feel like having the need for just standing still and thinking that much, but she didn't know for sure yet. She had to observe a bit more, as this were the sort of thing a book could likely not tell her.

Leading the way out of town towards the forest, she only made one stop, which were at a bookstore that she hadn't seen on her way into town, where she got the attention of the clerk and asked in to a few of the books she could see, which seemed to surprise the other pony quite a bit, as the way she spoke to him and the subject didn't fit the stereotypes that she knew of. Or as Blood Drops had put it: They thought her kind scary and smelly.

She took some offense to the last one, as most dragons actually did bathe, herself included, but that was irrelevant currently, as she ended up buying a book that was barely unpacked, one that were used a good deal - a book on zebra potions and charms and a history book, respectively - a notebook and a case of pencils. A minor stop, but they'd be on their way soon after that.

It wasn't until they reached the edge of town though, that she said something again, as she were thinking on a few things she needed to get straight in her head while they were fresh in mind.

"It's some way in. Anything you need to get done before we leave?"

================================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"Eh, I don't know. It haves a nice ring to it frankly. A stupid name would've been like... Morningmoon Woodstone or something contradictory like that. Strange abilities you talk of too by the way, but I'm guessing it's a story of some kind? Earth Ponies can't use magic after all, that's common knowledge.

Then again, psychics are a tough gig to pinpoint, so I suppose it could be possible? Never seen a legitimate one, but I can't rule out it's possible."

Sea gave a strange look to the packet Deadpan had looked through to find the name again, not knowing what to make of this. Might be a book of some kind, but what kind of title were *Casual Stroll [OOC*? Sounded like a lazy pony had given up halfway through a bad idea frankly.

======================================================================================

@@EQ_Theta,

Omen were... Unsure what to do currently.

It had gone from a simple question about why Lin might have burned the other version of this paper to her speaking about wantingto get back at the other longma rather fast, which made her think that she were missing something here. Or rather, she were pretty sure she did, though the details on this were likely in why she got away from the clan to begin with.

The story she recalled Sen saying, where that she had gone missing and gotten deleted from their books, and then he got removed too by refusing to leave it alone and going out to find her. If that were all there were too it, then why did Lin burn the codex? Because she were angry they removed her from their books? It was a possibility, but she weren't sure.

She didn't have the time to think on it either, as Sen had entered the conversation with his own part, explaining the codex a little whilst still making it sound like the most confusing book Omen had ever heard about. It sounded like there were some important things in it though, considering his jab about it being something all should read, and the way he asked her for a part in the same book. Something that regarded revenge, which seemed to be a theme in what had brought them to this place in time on many levels.

Something more were with this, and since she wanted to hear what the codex had said on this to get some idea about what sort of things were written in it, she kept quiet, and observed what were going to happen next with her ears perked up and ready to hear.

@@Blitz Boom

Storm grinned, bouncing in place just a little, "We'd be happy to help as much as we can!" He replied, Grey nodding in agreement, "Though, I was wondering, have you thought of opening a temporary soup kitchen stand thing? It's just a thought, but it nice be nice to have somewhere for ponies to go to get a nice meal in case they can't find or get one?" Storm asked curiously. "Plus, that way, there's less time spent on getting food, because there'd be somepony there making the meals so that they're ready when ponies want to eat."

@@Blitz Boom, Eventually the cuddly Siren let's Ziggy go, before groping for her pendant and wrapping it around her neck. "Ah...yes, that felt good" Serenade stands up and stretches. "You mentioned a sterile room, I can probably book one when we travel to Baltimare after the meeting. But for now, I've got a meeting to prepare for, care to help?" With or without Ziggy's help, Serenade will be spending as much time as she can grabbing and searching through old astronomy books.  

@,

"Blocking out the sun? Sounds like a very weird talent with not many applications, but there's likely one somewhere I just can't see. Wouldn't make sense to be able to do it without a good meaning after all, right?

As for the elements, I think you might need to wait a bit with that. Rarity is working on the train station, Twilight is at the castle far as I know, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow Dash I have no idea about, and Pinkie Pie's been out of town with her colt friend. Not sure when she'd coming back. And Discord... Well, I think he could fix everything with a snap, but I'd be nervous about what he might have done with the walls and such then if it were. Besides, I can't say I've seen him lately. His visits are very infrequent."

The talk on Discord was meant to sound a bit nice, but frankly, like many others, Clockwise didn't trust that the lord of chaos would do something when he *helped out* with things, considering they still all remembered well what happened when he had tried to take over town, or the few times he did help afterwards, but had made a joke out of some things.

"Hopefully, there will be time to meet them all for you later, but the longer we take fixing town the longer that will just be. Hopefully, we'll find the pieces of the clock so I can get to work on that soon. I get kinda etsy when I'm not wo-"

"Indeed. I have met Rarity, she seems nice. I am also a fan of the so called Great and Powerful Trixie. Yeah lets get to work on finding those pieces of clock."

He looks around for the pieces of clock, hoping to find at least a piece or maybe 2. He wants to work as fast as possible so he can have more time off and meet the elements besides Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

stuff

"No need. I can already tell it's anti-magic just by being near you since my telepathy cannot hear your thoughts. And the only other one immune to my telekinesis is Discord." Zen explained. "That explains the cursed object not affecting you.."

----------------------------------

"Eh, true. An even worse name would be 'Moon Moon'. Luckily the loser that came up with me and Zen ain't a retard so neither of us got names THAT stupid." Deadpan chuckled.