Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Lance nodded quickly to Chop and turned to the door, and visibly jumped. He managed to keep hold of the food without dropping any, however.

"I'm pretty sure if I had any phoenix eggs in here, the containers would've melted. And I don't think anyone buying food would be shady, but I mean, bad guys have to eat too, so..."

He grinned and added,

"I think you're supposed to show me where this place is..."

Lance read off the address.

"You do know where that is, right?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Shineling

"We've been secluded for hundreds of years and our kind still looks on yours, or any other kind, with more than just distrust. But now, it seems they only remember their old hatreds but not willing to see if things have changed after so long. Sen and I want to change that but it seems our efforts have been met with much vitriol. Omen was the first friend we made away from the confines of our village and remains our closest friend to this day."

Sen wouldn't interrupt his sister but would sit by Discord and cradle the drake close to his chest to comfort them both. He knew the little creature was smarter than it looked and it could likely sense and feel the desperation he and Lin felt. Right now, comfort and assurance was all he could give. There was a slight pause in Lin's voice before she continued, still remembering harrowing thoughts coupled with the associated pain it brought her.

"We should keep moving. I'll be happy to answer any more questions you have after we get our friend out of the mine."

• Brohoof 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"So do tell. You died, and here you are? I think  we're both anxious to know everything about that."

"well think about what do you both know about vampires, more importantly why do vampires need blood? also no cover up I wasn't born dead don't worry that is a very very rare ocernece to happen being born dead" cresent said smiling half wishing he had a tie on for teaching. It wasn't often he had the chance to teach about his kind. How he died was a good question,  he himself could think back so far but it was still fuzzy. Like tempering a dream that gave you a story idea but staring at you paper wishing it would come back to in vain.

"answer that and more answers will come" cresent said smiling, he wasn't sure if this would be considered bragging or not.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Cherish wasn't sure what to do with the four others currently.

Ziggy needed to get to a hospital, but then she needed help. Ghost-in-a-stick said he might be able to gelp, but had no idea how it'd work, the strange rodent were still standing on the zegasus and attempting to keep her safe, and the Siren... She wasn't sure what was with her, but Serenade looked about as confused about things as could be, so it wasn't exactly helping in their current situation.

"look, can we talk about the voice thing later? We need to try and help the striped pegasus."

Levitating slightly over the ground, Cherish turned and floated toward Ziggy. Fah'lina wasn't having any of it, but a little spectral magic to lift her out of the way did the trick in keeping her from stealing the stick and break it, or something like that.

"I don't know if this works but... Heal?"

Cherish pushed Charlie's stick against Ziggy's leg and hoped for the best. If this didn't work, it was back to the plan about smashing a wall somehow so they could get out.

===============================

@cwhip9

"What the hay's a vampire?"

Zinthar looked at Crescent with a sort of annoyed confusion in all three of his eyes. He had expected to be blown away a bit, but now the context were lost on him, and it was frankly irritating.

Cover-up on the other hoof, seemed to get it well and didn't take it all that good, considering he got a horrified look on his face and walked backwards from Crescent 

"V-V-Vampire? I thought you were joking. P-P-Please, don't eat me!"

The colt fell to the ground and covered his face with his hooves.

"So you eat ponies? I thought those were called cannibals. Is vampires a new way of saying that? And what does it have to do with you having died?"

Zinthar knew a little of this and that, but undeads weren't one of those things. Starswirl didn't speak about those things near him, and the feline had little to no interest in reading fantasy subjects when the pony had started teaching him. Cook books had always been more to his taste.

=============================

@EQ_Theta @Shineling

Seeing the mine opening made him pale. A place of so much horror, no longer blocked, but with an easy path through the stone that previously covered it.

"I... It's okay, we can wait. I believe I have some understand of your kind now as it is, and a few things to think about when there is time. But for now we should hurry. Your friend isn't going to do well by staying in there.

Please, s-stay behind me."

While Clayton led the way for Lin inside the open mine, the drake snuggled close to Sen and gave off a pleased noise. With everything going on, it could really use this sort of comfortable feeling again. It even let out a small burp of flames in approval, which hopefully wouldn't catch any of them on fire.

As for the happy couple in the mine, they have a bit of way to go in before they would reach the main chamber, though at times, Clayton still had to ask that they'd stop so he could hack some of the gems on the floor away. Leaving them with safe passage. 

"I apologize for how slowly this goes, but you don't want to take chances here. We won't be helping much if we end up as victims ourselves."

He was a little out of training, so his work could have gone better and more efficient, but so far he hadn't messed up at least. There was a bit of solace to be found in that for him, though dread over being in this place were still hanging heavily above him, just like the seemingly harmless, glowing gems poking out of the rocks.

=================================

@genessee

Berry looked Lance over, eyes narrowed before going into a big grin and taking a jump backwards.

"Okay, so not phoenix eggs then, but I bet there is something. Perhaps they want us out of the store so they can start cloning the customers, causing an even greater influx of ponies that needs coffee just for further revenue? *gasp* The possibilities. I hope you washed your hooves so they don't have you too now."

With that, Berry spun around and headed towards the exit, expecting Lance to follow her out and towards the delivery spots on his list. Food shouldn't be getting cold after all.

@Seamore Sandwich

Zhu opened his eyes as the sun rose, and gazed around him.

He knew where he were, but it still seemed so unreal to him. To have fallen asleep inside a house that were not abandoned, on a soft couch and with the sound of a pony wandering around the room, were not something he had tried since he was small.

The closest he usually tried were when he sometimes squatted, but the feeling of emptiness in an unused or abandoned household were noticeable, and took away some of the joy.

Being presented with food made a smile briefly spread on his serpentine face beneath the hood of his robes.

"Thank you for the hospitality."

It were not like something more raw and formerly moving, as he usually needed to get proteins, but the food were still packed and enjoyable to eat. It wouldn't be possible to replace every meal with this, but it should suffice to keep him going for a time.

While he ate, he thought on what they had to do now, and what may have happened with his sisters egg in the time since the thieves escaped them. Likely it was okay, as the female seemed to have some attachment to it, but he still didn't think it was great.

"And thank you for the meal, Gaea. Now, how should we proceed from here? Is there a place you think it best to start?"

================================

@The Resident Brony

"You said you hurt others, might it be that they want to give you a chance to redeem yourself this time around? Usually I would think it's a trap, but I was from more troubled times. You are likely fine, long as you keep your anger in control. If you start spewing black magic around when you spike however, things will end poorly."

Vivid knew well how bad it were to be powerful and emotional. She tended to be easy to anger, if she got hurt or her emotions were toyed with, and she knew well that if the contract didn't bind her as efficiently as it did, she might have done something that would make her little more than the monsters she sold her soul to.

Soul magic was dangerous like that. Used with a wrong mindset, it could split the link between body and soul, and leave you ripe for the Reapers to collect. And that wasn't even including the veil magic, which by it's very nature was evil. At least as long as the Bishop remained in control of it.

"Try and not take the grievances in advance. We're soon at a crossover point, and then we can face the Solar Guard and get your answers. Attempt to be level-headed when we do that, and if that entails having to let go off some steam in here, be my guest. Just try to not hit the bridge."

@Battenberg

"Considering how happy you two seem to be with him, I'd say it's well worth all the trouble."

Certainly, all the energy and sleepless nights had to be a strain, and not something everyone just got right, but seeing how happy they were with the little energy dynamo running around them, Benny honestly thought that it was something he'd still do in a heartbeat, no matter how much of a grinding mess it had to be at times. Those pains were temporary, whilst the joy was forever.

He got lost a little in thought over this, with a particular goofy expression on his face as images passed him by, whilst Pop began to answer the question Red had asked them.

"It's a bit of a long story, but to make it a little simpler, let's just say I always wanted to have some friends outside where I grew up, but I couldn't just leave, so I sent out some bottled messages to see if I could get some exotic new pen pals at least. Benny here was the only one who ever answered."

She gave him a hoof in the side to snap hi out of his thoughts.

"Huh? The messages? Yeah i found one on the beach one day and I was a little strained for friends I thought that'd really understand me, so I figured I'd respond. At the very least, I figured it'd make for a fun story to the others when I learned something about the pony I was writing with, and we could have a laugh over that. I'm not proud of that now, but at the time, it seemed like the thing to do."

"We got to learn eachother better though, and after a few years of talking back and forth, we decided to meet up. I wanted to thank Benny in person for sending some gems he had found so I could open up my store, as well as to see who it were I had been writing with for so long, though I honestly didn't expect who it was I found."

"I admit that I jumped at the chance to meet her in a heartbeat. I'd have never thought I'd do that before we started writing, but I felt like I knew her, and I wanted to see if she could accept me in person as well as in words. I might've been a little nervous though..."

Pop giggled.

"He showed up with flowers, but he tripped over himself and I ended up covered in them instead. I've never seen a dragon wanting to crawl into a mouse hole as much as him after that. Or a dragon in general really. I had just heard things and warned about them being big meanies, but instead were this clumsy, goofy guy around my own size who looked about as dangerous as a grumpy kitten."

"Hey, I can be plenty dangerous when I want to be. Honestly."

"Not around me you can't. We found that out pretty quickly as we got past the flower incident and agreed on having a trip through the town. You cbarely had the nerve to ask me out for something to eat, and when we got through with it, you ended up making quite a few bad impressions on other ponies."

"I had never been around ponies before, and I was with a really pretty and nice one. It wasn't easy to keep my cool, and pony customs are weird compared to dragon ones. I was trying to be friendly, and some of them got scared."

"Ponies don't usually find random brawling to be that friendly."

The two of them looked at eachother and laughed a little as more memories from that first meeting passed through their heads.

"It did turn out to be a pretty good date though, if you looked pass all the awkward moments, and we started meeting up more often."

"Until I moved to Equestria a year after we first met. I couldn't handle the long distance anymore, and I liked Equestria more than dragon land anyway - Seriously, the food here is so much better - so I came over and when I was looking for a job to get by, I kinda fell into the training area of the Royal Guards in Canterlot. Not the best start to things, but they cleared me after a time, and the old blacksmith were kind enough to give me a chance at the forge. Fire and heat doesn't affect me at all, so I can get some real work done there."

"We've known eachother now for seven years, and it have been the best time of our lives. You loose friends when you get into a relationship like this, and it's hard to say goodbye, but it's a small price to pay to be happy."

The two of them exchanged a peck before looking back on the Velvet family.

"How did you two meet?"

=================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"Ah, how delightful. Answers and a good deal for excellent work. I do believe I like you Mr. Tock."

Scarcity were a haggler at times, as you had to be when you acquired antiques and had to think of cost to repair versus the price for the item, or she'd just end up loosing money rather than earn any. And whilst she had not come to this shop in search of doing so, she would not decline a kind offer such as this, nor would she push her luck and attempt to haggle further. That would be unwise, to put it mildly.

"I accept your terms, and will make sure my own carriage is used to ensure the items arrives as pristine as they are prepared by yourself. Brick, do be a dear and give word to Drag and Pull that I have use of their services in the morning, will you? And see if Aroma can't send a few movers here to transport the watches. I will ensure that everything is handled here in the meantime."

Brick grunted a yes, and walked out of the store without more of a sound, though he didn't feel right about leaving the two of them with the watch maker. Still, an order was an order, and he'd follow it without question, just like Scarcity would expect from him. he just wouldn't be happy about it.

"We will be on our way shortly Penny, but for now, shall we finalize the transaction, Mr. Tock?"

Scarcity used her magic to open her delicate saddlebag, and float out a few wallets. one for what in her line of business could be considered *petty coins* and one for the higher valued bits. As far as she recalled, this were less than five hundred, so it should not be an issue for her to cover the bill here and now. If she had remembered wrongly, she had some leeway of about five hundred more, just in case, so she were ready.

Edited by Blitz Boom
Added color.
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Lance laughed and followed her out.

"But what would they do with the clones when they ran out of money? Also, how do the clones get money in the first place? It's not like they can go to the non-cloned version of themselves job, because there couldn't be two of them at the same place without one realizing that something was up."

He continued to trot behind Berry.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Invictus thought about this. He decided that it would be best if he blew off some steam first.

"Vivid, im gonna unleash some of my anger in the form of lightning, so be cautious."

Invictus began shooting off black lightning into the air as he let off his anger. 3 minutes later, he stopped.

"Ok, im calm and ready to meet with the general."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN & AURORA

Dawn shied away from Pop and sat a bit always from her, shaking her head emphatically from side to side. “I don’t know what being an empath means, Pop, so I don’t want to hurt in case it’s bad,” Dawn said softly, looking at her friend with an expression of ‘please leave me alone’. She turned it to Kaltrops and couldn’t even muster up anger in his presence. “Kaltrops, you’re being a big baby! Just shut up!”

Aurora nodded with a smile and two more green flashes emitted from the carriage. One to change Aurora back into a Changeling and one to change her into a pony. She looked like a Pegasus with a slightly limp mane and tail. She had green eyes, a burnt orange coat, and was a blank flank. Her mane and tail were coloured red though, and if Spicy didn’t know better, she could have sworn she’d be looking at a colour inverted spitting image of the Pegasus outside.

Edited by Dji
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

"Free of charge? Thank you..." Foxy quietly said, with a smile on her face. "I hope it's not too much, you can take your-" Foxy was interrupted as she was being pulled by Anomaly. While she had heard her speak moments before, Foxy had not paid much attention while she was speaking to Rarity.

"Oh... don't mind Anomaly, our friend. She is quite nice, even if she is a bit strange. I'm sure she wouldn't do any permanent damage to your place." Foxy didn't resist being pulled, as it was quite fun. In fact, she even ran along with it, though she quickly lost balanced and tripped, still being pulled along across the floor. "Don't worry, I'm fine..." Foxy said with a smile. Anomaly always made things more interesting when she was around.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Astral had been smiling for a little, before he started talking about his past, she looked away, sighing. "Well, don't feel guilty for any of this mess, Warlock was going to return anyway, without Athriel he'd be able to get to power faster" She said looking to him. "But just consider this..." She looked down. "I lost my mother only a few years after I was born, turned out immortality spells don't cure cancer, and it was just being held back the entire time she had the immortality spell." Her ears lowered against her head. "So it caught up with her, and she passed." She sighed heavily. "What you did can't be worse than failing to bring back your dead mom, and seeing the horror you made in your attempts, and having to kill it." You could hear her breath pause as she remembered the gem around Athriel's neck, quietly gasping. Sapphire had hidden the fact she could bring her back when she wanted to, which lead to her to failing to bring her back, forcing her to kill the monster she made, most of her experiences were Sapphire's fault, for not telling her she could just bring her back, her brows curled downwards as her face expressed her frustration at that fact. She softly sighed while she returned to an expression of peace, as she recalled her want to fight the two magic users head on, which she could do right then and there, without explanation, but she needed one anyway. "We both got horrible pasts, but we shouldn't let them get in the way of what's happening now." She said with a smile, although it wasn't real, it'd seem like it was.
Warlock snickered at her comment. "Well just carry me then." He said as he floated down. "If we can get there faster if you use your wings, you should use your wings. just be careful with those claws, my warding spell isn't at full power yet."

Iron Wing smirked a little and scoffed. "If there are wardens to protect the gems, how did Warlock get his hooves on the element of greed?" He asked tilting his head, rather curious how that'd happen.

Francis looked to him, and you could see his wing twitching. "I-I'm not alright, I fell out the window as well and hit the ground without anything to slow it." He said as he laid back down. "Nectar is probably doing worse."
Meanwhile Nectar seemed to had taken quite the fall, and the ponies that found her would see a pony clearly in a worse state, as she was further from the window, and was blasted out with greater force, both her wings spread out of her side, her tail starting to move as she just barely became conscious again, trying to find something around her she could use for a source of love, to heal. She let out a grunt as she opened her eyes as she glanced around, trying to figure out where she was. "W-where-" She stuttered for a moment and breathed in deeply as she collected herself. "W-what happened?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Shineling

"Look, I know there's time for everything talking but how long has this mine been running?" Lin asked. "And if the gems being mined in there are as dangerous as you say, why do ponies still pay for them? Are they really worth the risk?"

Without the info given to Sen by Clayton, her confusion stuck out like a sore thumb among other things bothering her at the moment. Ever the curious mind, she did consider taking some samples with her back home but after the fiasco with a focal orb that nearly consumed her with dark, corrupted magic, she thought otherwise. All the effort put into saving her would be for naught. But that was just one side of the siblings, the other only was made of desperation. Sen wanted to hide this, and comforting the drake did alleviate some of it, but he really wanted to see some progress. Just like Clayton said, it was a slow process made slower with broken tools. And the waiting was agony. 

"How deep do those mines go?" Sen asked, still stroking the drake albeit slower. "Just wanted to get my bearings. Not even sure how we could identify our friend if she's been encased in gemstones. Anything specific to look for or do we stick to just looking for a pony-shaped deposit?"

• Brohoof 1

@Lloyd

Chow wasn't sure if he agreed on Warlock being able to get to power faster without Athriel. So far, it seemed like she was leading him places, and helping him orchestrate his vengeance on Sapphire and the rest of Equestria, so where was she keeping him back? Perhaps by having him choose specifics instead of him just marching forward and take everything he wanted?

Personally, he'd still think that in that case, Warlock might've been easier to deal with, but Astral knew more about him than he did, so there might be something there that escaped him.

In any case, her words did make him feel a bit better, and also get more pity on her, for laying out more talk about trying to resurrect her mother. It had sounded heartbreaking every time she had mentioned it thus far, and right now wasn't any difference. He certainly wouldn't have been able to kill anything that might be related to his foster mom, that was for sure.

"You're right, we should keep some focus on what's going on here and then we can cry a river afterwards. Tissue's are on me."

He gave a grin to match her smile, though he hoped she couldn't tell that he had to force it through. She looked like she were genuinely able to smile, and then seeing him faking it was a little harsh.

"I kinda got a question though. When Warlock and Athriel held us hostage, didn't they speak about bringing Sapphire back too? It sounded like they had some idea of what to do too, since they wanted to keep you as leverage. Think we can lure it out of 'em when we eventually get them caught?"

====================================================================================

@Lloyd

She wanted to wait until later, but fine, he had saved her before, she owed him a little something in return. Being carried would suffice this time around.

So Athriel spread her wings, flew up over Warlock, and grabbed around his torso with her talons and legs. They wouldn't cut into him since she wasn't an idiot, but it should keep him stable, as long as he didn't try to wriggle around too much.

"You think this is the first time I've had talons? At the height of my power, I was more malleable than a Changeling. There is not the kind of appendage I haven't had at least once, so calm yourself."

Soaring above the trees, she set course for the island in the distance. Warlock didn't weigh too much for a griffon of her host's size, so it shouldn't be much of an issue, as long as nothing interfered on their trip.

"I need to find my element so I can become like that again. Being restricted to a single form, even one of the more useful as a Griffon, is annoying limited. It would be as if you had no magic, other than the ability to summon fish. Useful in some situations, but not what you need most of the time."

======================================================================================

@Lloyd

"I think it is because of us. The ponies who found the temple it was in and removed it, they took away the wards, didn't they?"

Scorn nodded.

"The wards are meant to go against the specific user of the elements. Greed had something there, but it wasn't meant for regular ponies, so when they found the temple, they got away. The guardians of greed didn't have any new descendants to take over their vigil, so there was noone there to stop it.

Three elements have lost their assigned guards, and if I heard right, they've already taken one of them. The temple to to Siren sisters, where the Element of Depression were stored, were invaded by them. Troubling object if they find the wearer."

"They will find her. The question is just if they can bring them with her when they do."

The voice in the darkness of the ceiling spoke out again, just before two ponies came crashing through the door carrying a satchel.

"Dragon! Not Benny, friend? foe? Who really know? Ahahaha!!!"

The two were identical twin earth ponies, and spoke in tandem as they laughed maniacally over what they saw and what they said.

They were brown with dark manes, and it seemed every end of hair on their body had been singed at least once. They wore belts full of tools and sweat bands marked with the Royal Guard symbols around their heads, as well as old goggles covering their eyes. As for their voices, it sounded like they had a few screws turned almost entirely out of the sockets, which - combined with their high pitches voices - didn't help to make them seem capable of doing anything right.

"We bring pillow filling of the sharp goose."

One of them dropped the bag over at General Wing's hooves and jumped back whilst his brother started to approach the dragon with a screwdriver.

"Touch me, and you'll regret it."

Usually that deterred others,  but this one? It just made him that much more eager, so he went over and stabbed at the touch scaled witht he screwdriver. It was very innefective, and did little more than securing him a slap with Scorn's tail, which caused him to slam back into a wall and fall into a few pillows.

"Haha, see you fly Hammer."

The one who hadn't gone into the wall bounced over, whilst laughing.

"Like a ball in the yard, Chisel."

The two of them brohoofed before going over to Wings together and opened the bag, revealing the bundle of feathers they had gotten over. All repaired, with the mark they had seen on a few of the others imprinted on each of them.

"Enchantment magic, really weird."

"Super weird."

"But we fixed them. But something's wrong."

"We tried to make it to others, but it didn't work. Only meant for you."

"We want to know who made them, so we can make more for others."

"That will show Benny.

"We'll be the kings of the forge!!"

"Yeah!"

The two of them brohoofed again, caught in their talk and presentation. They didn't even notice as the feathers would react on being near their owner.

==================================================================================

@Lloyd

The Lieutenant looked behind her at the table where the changeling queen laid and were worked on currently, before returning her gaze to Nectar.

"Don't worry sir, they'll help the both of you. We're trying to get some love in to heal you two, but it takes time to retrieve a volunteer. I wish I could offer, but I already fed one, and I can't risk fallin unconsious. Not with everything going on today."

=====================================================================================

@Lloyd

(ten minutes earlier)

"A changeling queen! Call for chains, sh-"

"You won't do anything soldier."

"B-But Lieutenant, it's a Changeling Queen. You know what they're like."

"What I know is that the generals have asked us to help her, and we'll follow orders."

"How can you expect me to do that after what Chrysalis did?"

"Have you forgotten what I lost that day soldier? I wouldn't help her if she were getting drowned in quick sand, but this isn't the same queen, and if you can't differentiate between two different situations, you don't deserve your uniform."

The soldier went silent, and a feeling of embarrassment flowed over things, whilst Lieutenant Shimmer got closer to the queen.

"Ma'am? You got blasted out of a window and have sustained quite a few wounds. We got doctors on the way to get you to the hospital. If you need love to sustain yourself until they can look over your wounds, I can offer you some of mine."

======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Shineling

Clayton hacked and moved the last of the gems that were in their way for now, and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"The mine were open for four years, and the gems generally is seen as being worth the trouble. As soon as it was found out how to safely get the gems off, the chances of accidents happening were near zero, so they could be mined safely and neutralized into some of the prettiest gems on the market.

We could have kept it running for a while longer if-"

Clayton shut his muzzle suddenly, and moved further into the mine, whilst his heart and mind raced with what he had just said. He contemplated just coming clean with Lin, but perhaps there was a small chance that she hadn't heard him right, and he could avoid telling her? It was a frail hope, but he had to rely on that for now.

"It this goes all the way to the main chamber, we are still a few minutes out from the furthest she could possibly have gone. Your friend might be completely covered, but there is a chance that something is still free to watch. Look for tufts of mane or anything else, or any kinds of clothes perhaps. If not that, just look for general... Pony... Forms..."

They passed a few whose shape would ahev been enough to tell that there may have been a time when they were not just formations of gems. The ragged pieces of clothes still dangling from them were just more proof, and it made Clayton pale.

"I-It's not these though. We need to get further inside, though I really hope your friend did not reach the inner chamber. Nothing good will come from that place."

Back outside with Sen and Discord, the drake listened, but it didn't answer. If it could actually talk remained to be seen, but the first words were unlikely to be a lengthy explanation of these mines.

=============================================================================

@Foxy Socks @Widdershins

"A innocent as a bee.  Hope you don't get poked, hehe."

The voice was still not revealing where it came from, but that was by design. Anomaly wanted to make a grand entrance, and before that, set the scene and have a bit of fun. Perhaps she'd even help if the mood struck, but for now, she was satisfied with what she were doing, and seeing the three ponies getting dragged over to their eating were amusing enough for her to not meddle with too many things. Yet.

As they reached the seating and got dragged up, flanks first, Briar let out a small sigh while Brittle tried to say something.

"W-Were sorry if this is a bad time. There have to be a lot of ponies with issues in town today."

She looked over at Foxy that seemed to be getting near to them too, and wondered how she were dealing with this as easily as she seemed to. It had been a pretty weird day, but overall, the mare had seemed calm about it most of the time, and there wasn't a spell over her, right? Were she just used to more strange situations perhaps? Could be something worth asking about later, but right now she were speaking with Rarity, and it would be rude of her to interrupt...

==================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

"I don't think you'd ever hurt anypony on purpose Dawn. If what they say is true, it'd at worst be an accident. Perhaps if you train, like they said? You can try on me. Think of some emotion, and try to push it on me. It's okay."

Pop hugged her friend, trying to comfort her, though her mind were torn. On one half, she wanted to try and help out, but on the other, it sounded weird and potentially dangerous to have emotions smashed into you like that. For now though, she'd listen to the first voice, and then hope that nothing went wrong.

Meanwhile, Spicy was having a bit of a chuckle at seeing the changeling in front of her switch forms to a pony.

"Not too shabby. Perhaps you should show it off to the others at some point, and see if they're impressed. Especially that Dawn character. She seems like she could use a laugh in her life."

Spicy didn't notice anything about Aurora looking like a color inverted version of Dawn. The pony out there hadn't been interesting enough to her to really bite notice in everything like color and such, so why would she? She might be good at seeing small things and bite note in them, but that was either at the tables, or when it mattered. Some loud mouth who wanted to be miffy at Kaltrops didn't count as that in her mind. Not unless something else happened.

=====================================================================================

@The Resident Brony

Vivid covered herself in a bauble of veil energy while Invictus had his *therapy session*. She doubted that he'd actually hit her, but lightning were irrational and uncontrollable by nature. It wasn't worth the chance to potentially get fried and remake herself again. Enough danger had been had recently where she almost had to, and it tired her to be remade again. Too many changed to her body via that, and she wasn't ready to live with it. Not until she had gotten a trinket that could keep her warm, or learned some sort of spell.

"There, better? Now then, for the general, we still aren't there, so you need patience. It might not be a one on one scale in here too much, but there is still some distance to be made. Enjoy the trip, and take in the sights."

In the distance, a large, scaled demon appeared and roared towards the sky before wandering with heavy steps along the path in a southward direction.

"He comes here when his wife gets on his nerves. Ignore him."

With that, she went back to wandering along their own path, towards a good place to pass into Canterlot. Potentially the castle itself, but they'd see.

@genessee

"Don't you see it? If they can clone ponies, they can clone money! This place will be loaded, but then they'd get greedy and the economy would collapse! And that's just the free clones. Know what happens to the failed or the obsolete? Huh? Do you!?"

Berry suddenly turned and went forehead to forehead with Lance.

"They're made into mole food... And scarecrows!"

She shivered before turning away again and continuing down their path to the first of three houses. The conspiracy raged on in her head, so clear to her, but eluded from everypony else she met. Lucky, short sighted fools the lot of them. If only they knew how deep the roots went, and how many were part of it. Why, Celestia's conquering of the Centurion Breezies alone would make anypony's head spin.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

If there was any semblance of hope finding Omen within this mine, then Clayton might not be able to see this all the way through. She knew Omen better and if she had something to get her attention, it would be all on her to see it happen. She took a few deep breaths in and readied herself to shout out in the hopes of finding her friend. Besides, this is a mine. There can't possibly be anything lurking within it because its abandoned, right? 

"Omen!" Lin yelled into the darkened tunnels. "Are you here? Could you hear me? If you could, yell back what you see. Anything that can help us find you."

There was something a little disturbing about the mines. It might simply be Lin's active imagination but somehow, being in this place reminded her of the caves back home where she fell victim to Legion's magic. It brought a rush of memories back into consciousness and wondered if this was history repeating itself but only the other way around. Now she was in Omen's place and she in hers. Now Lin would metaphorically bite her tongue at the prospect of it really happening like it did back home. She wouldn't know how to help her friend if it came to that. For now, she only had to worry about finding Omen and ensuring her safety. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Lance continued to follow Berry.

"You know, you'd make a pretty good author."

He was mainly dismissing the insanity she was saying as nonsense, but there was one tiny part of him that said 'what if she's right?' as there always is. But seriously, somepony needs to be writing this down somewhere, this is hilarious. 

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins@Blitz Boom

Ancalagon was deep in thought as the dryad asked him. "From what I can remember they are still around but are slumbering in a great tree of some harmonic magic or something," Ancalagon stated with a sigh to himself. "But I am sure they would heed your call for aid," he stated with a grin on his face. "I wonder how many dragons are here now in Ponyville," Ancalagon stated as he closed his eyes. A silent call unto like a dragon lord's call was sent out in a city wide radius. It has been quite a long time since he had used this call.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

There wasn't any sound as they moved further and further into the mine. The gems on the floor got less numerous, so they had to make fewer stops, but it still took them a little time to reach the inner chamber, at which point some... Sights, had already made Clayton seem squirmish and shaken.

Had it just been the two statues before he might have been able to handle it, but a few more had shown while they passed. Only one other had some semblance of clothes on the crystalline frame, but he knew even without. The sights couldn't get out of his head this close to things, and though he paced himself before seeing every one, it didn't make it easier. Especially not the ones that had parts fallen off since the episode...

It was nothing compared to the inner chamber though, where six crystalline bodies in beautifully, changing colors, illuminated the room, along with the layer that engulfed the walls and ceiling.

Three of them were behind another, holding remnants of rope in their teeth. Rope that had once been wrapped around the figure in the middle, but had seemingly been cut off from the large, bat-winged mare that stood there.

The last two were facing Lin and Clayton, with fear eternally imprinted into their unmoving eyes. It looked like they had been running away from the mare, but hadn't gotten long.

"My friends... I'm so sorry..."

Tears fell down Clayton's face when he looked at the pristine forms, that were so unlike the chunks they had seen so far. Every expression and movement were imprinted in them, just as he remembered it.

The fear of Cloud and Angel, trying to escape. The resolute looks of Granite, Whisper and Herder, restraining the mare as they accepted their fate. And her... That horrid, evil thing, caught with a glare of hatred and a frozen scream as the sigil beneath her had taken effect... She was the only one who deserved this fate, but there hadn't been a choice.

The look on her face betrayed her otherwise elegant, well groomed self, though it had been far too late they realized what she was actually like. The scene in front of them were proof enough of that.

Tears went to anger, and he took a step forward, only to see something that made the color drain out of his face: A crack in the mare's statue. Not a small one, but going from top to bottom on the back, and expanded outwards. Not unlike a

"No... Dear Celestia, nononono..."

His focus was entirely on this, though something else might catch Lin's eye.

On the bottom of the wall, behind the statue, a particular formation of gems bulged out. A general shape was hard to make out as the layer around the bulge was mishaped, but from one end, half of Omen's tail could be seen, swaying silently as always on unseen winds.

They had found her, though she were going to need help soon.

===========================================

@genessee

"And have the Filly Scouts see that I know their trickery? That's crazy talk."

Several more would stop at nothing to get hold of her is she wote how she unravlled the conspiracy, but the scouts were the most dangerous. Sure, they presented themselves as cutesie and recruiting fillies into a *fun, social activity*, yet if you knew where to look the horrors became apparent. The poisonous cookies and mass deforestation of key forests protecting leylines alone would make Lance's head explode if he knew about it, but she couldn't tell him that. She might have already brought him into danger just by telling him that the Filly Scouts were involved in anything.

Nopony believed her anyway. They'd rather just claim she suffered from Apophenia and go live in their perfect world, rather than face the intricate webs of corruption and governmental cruelty that really controlled their world.

"Okay, we're getting to the first house. Get the container marked two ready, and don't drop it! You don't want to see Chop in a bad mood."

Berry would give Lance ten seconds to find to container, before knocking on the door of the house they had reached - cautiously of course, in case this was rigged to explode - and waited until an elderly mare who seemed to be suffering from flu of some kind answered the door. This would be the recipient of the soup. Chop had sent with them.

"Hey Missus Gingerly. We come with food as fresh as the treacherous southern wind."

@dragon4111

Lyriel nodded.

"Perhaps the day will soon come when I will need to find them then. Thank you for telling me of their existence, noble one."

Elsewhere in town, two dragons reacted on the weird, irregular *bat signal* that had been sent out. One was Nerzhei, who had returned to town because she had a few books she had forgotten before that she needed for her research. She didn't react much on this, beyond holding a clawed hand to her head and taking a sip of the headache potion she had bought earlier. If he wanted her to show up directly, Ancalagon could call her out instead of this, though what he'd want with her at this point was anyone's idea. He seemed to be busy with... Lyriel...

"*sigh* What have she gotten herself into this time?"

Taking to the skies, Nerzhei found a nearby roof that she could stand on to get a better vantage point of what was going off. Lyriel was hers to keep a look out for, and if something were starting to happen now, she might have to step in. The Dryad were kind, so she doubted there were, but her paranoia wouldn't allow her to think everything was all fine and dandy.

Near the outskirts of town, at a pile of wood and flimsy metal plates that had once been the improvised housing of Null and Void, Benny stopped his clearing of the rubble to look around when the sound first came into his head.

Unlike Nerzhei, he had never been in the presence of a dragon lord, and didn't know what this was, but there was some kind of pull in him that told him to reach into the sky. Easy to ignore at first, but as the signal kept going on, he eventually excused himself to the magic-draining siblings and slowly flew up, looking confused around at what might be trying to lure him in. Was it another enemy already?

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"I don't know what to say... Are these? Is... is there any way to get them back to normal?" 

Just seeing the crystallized figures mortified Lin, probably the first time in a long while. Though the memory of being encased in stone was still fresh, there was something less comforting in seeing others stuck in a moment of time like this. If there was a way to bring them back, she would not hesitate to do so. Either Discord's magic or something from the Hyracotherian scholars' library of magical knowledge could help. They were both sources of powerful magic, probably even knowledge spanning thousands of years. Something definitely could be done. She wouldn't impose on Clayton at the moment as she could visibly see the distraught look on him but something else caught her attention. There was wind in the caves? A light breeze more like but it got Lin to see the sight of a familiar tail flapping about. 

"NO! No no no no... Omen!" Lin yelled as she ran to the unusual gem formation and looked through any crease or crack she could use to get her out. She then turned to Clayton with desperation. 

"How do we get her out of there? And how much time does she have?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Their cookies are really good. I don't think they're tricking me into anything except gorging myself on sugar, and I can't complain about that." 

Lance dug around the bag for about eight seconds and was just pulling out the container as the elderly mare opened the door. Miss Gingerly. Okay, she seems nice enough. He smiled at her and held up the soup.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

After being rolled back into an upright position, Foxy was seated next to the other two. She felt Anomaly's control weaken until it disappeared, giving Foxy complete control of movement again. Other than tumbling on the way, the trip wasn't that uncomfortable. Foxy tried to locate Anomaly, but she was nowhere to be seen. Foxy knew she was probably disguised as somepony or something, but she had no idea where. Knowing her, she probably would appear soon though.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"That's a very sweet story, a sweet story for a sweet couple." 

Red Velvet smiled at them in a more relaxed manner, almost goofy, as if she'd been getting into their story, she was clearly a romantic of some kind and also a lover of the word sweet.

"Pen pals is a nice way to go, its so interesting learning about other places and cultures and if you can find love from it even better! I myself had a pen pal a long time ago, but never one as wonderful as your dragon friend here. Nothing ever came from it... But I'm glad because then I'd never have met Royal or have been blessed with my sweet little Angel."

Angel giggled in the background, he was rolling about on Battenberg's back while she checked the till and counted some coins, he heard his name and smiled at his mother, the mother and her foal sharing a sweet moment as their gazes met.

As Red seemed to be drifting off into a world of sweetness, Royal Velvet decided to step in to answer the question that had been put forward.

"Red and I have two different lines of work, she a baker and I a tailor, but we both have a knack for design and take our jobs very seriously, making sure every detail is perfect. Our perfectionist natures brought us together at a wedding, not ours of course." He chuckled slightly "A very rich pony by the name of Money Bags wanted his wedding to be perfect and so he called on as many perfectionists as he could, the kind of ponies who wouldn't miss any details."

Red had snapped out of her trance, she knew that as presentable as Royal made himself seem he wasn't fond of speaking. It was slightly noticable in his eyes as they darted round the room, and the way he seemed to enunciate every word slowly and carefully, he wasn't entirely comfortable with this two on one dialogue. She trotted over an nuzzled him under his chin, gently pushing his mouth closed. 

"I'll finish the story sweetie... Money Bags wanted this huge wedding cake with little bows and little marzipan sculptures all over it, incredibly difficult to do, even for me. I actually had to get Battenberg in to help me, she wasn't great at the small details but she was very good at producing vast amounts of icing to cover the two story red velvet sponge I'd made, never would have been able to do it without her."

Battenberg smiled and blushed at the compliment.

"Oh, don't... Icing is the easiest part, just water and sugar basically."

"Don't be so modest Batty, you made the perfect amount with the perfect texture, viscosity and sweetness, it was perfect. It took me an entire day to make that cake but without you it would have taken at least three days. It's the best cake I've ever made and even more so because I made it with my favourite little cousin."

Battenberg continued to blush and looked back down at her money pretending to be busy with that once again. She didn't argue this time. 

"Anyway, I feel I've gotten a little sidetracked in regards to your question. While I was selected to make that monster of a cake Royal was brought in to work on the suit and even the wedding dress a little bit."

"Nowhere near as impressive as your cake, just a few bits of fabric stitched together."

"In the perfect way."

"Thanks dear." He blushed "I think I can continue the story again now."

"Go ahead." She stepped to his side and put her hooves around him, leaning her weight on him and letting her mane droop over his side. He sort of straightened up, as if she was transferring her confidence to him with a simple hug.

"Basically, once we'd finished up with our hardest work yet, the staff was allowed to throw a small party with cake created by all the caterers, including my lovely wife, and little presents containing cute little nick knacks as thanks for our help. It was a lot of fun. I'm not really the talkative type so I was a little bit of a loner at this party, only really stayed because I was so hungry after working all day nonstop. I was stood at the table eyeing up the wonderful selection and these beautiful pink and white cupcakes with swirly icing and gold and silver sprinkles were really drawing me in. I felt a little nudge and I turned to see these little yellow eyes staring up at me, attached to a beautiful red and white mare who looked pretty much identical to the cakes I'd just been ogling. Startled me a little."

The two were staring into each others eyes, as if reliving this moment. It was amazing how much easier it was for Royal Velvet to speak when wrapped in the arms of his loved one.

"She asked me what I thought of her cakes, before introducing herself or anything, and I, being the shy pony I am, didn't really know what to say. I was drawn in by her voice though, sweet and warm and that Trottingham accent and I think I lost all sense of reality. I just straight up told her that they were as delicious as she was." 

He winced slightly at this memory.

"What a stupid thing to say huh? Luckily she took it well, finally introduced herself as Red Swirlpuff and we spent the rest of the evening together, instantly in love with each other. I almost cried when the party ended and I realised she had to go back to Trottingham with her cousin, who was also such a sweet girl, good old Battenberg. They were the first real friends I'd had and I felt like I'd be resigned back to my lonely little tailor shop." 

"I would never let that happen to such a kind and handsome stallion." 

She giggled.

"I used all my power to make sure we were in contact every week and we were able to build our relationship further via that, so much so that when he visited me in Trottingham and met me for just the second time, he was already ready to propose. Things moved pretty fast after that, we got married just six months later, my name became more appropriate for my speciality and just one year later we were gifted that little bundle of nonstop energy and joy."

Surprisingly, the nonstop energy seemed to have run out and the little foal was fast asleep on Battenberg's back, wrapped neatly in the soft, fleecy scarf that Battenberg had had round her neck this entire time up until now. It was a sweet sight.

"I came back here to live with Royal and brought my little apprentice with me, to set up her shop and to get business running smoothly for her. Which means things turned out pretty great for me because I can reach my clients easily, Royal can run his tailor shop without having to relocate and Battenberg is always close by which means I can see her whenever I like and give her whatever help she needs running her two shops."

"I love you Red."

Battenberg was watery eyed at her desk, clearly all this sentimentality was getting to her but it was nice to see the strong family ties at work between the four ponies.

"Love you too spongecake. Sorry for the length of my story, as I said I like details and sometimes I get carried away trying to make sure everything is covered." 

She seemed pretty apologetic but was still smiling, something she hadn't stopped doing since she'd entered.

• Brohoof 1

@Dji, @dragon4111 & @Blitz Boom

Getting back up and sharply retorting both to the griffon behind him he had yet to make eye contact with and the red mare some few paces ahead of him, and to the left from where Benny and the other two, darker hued, mares had left a few seconds earlier; Kaltrop made a show of grandstanding himself by rearing back up finally off the ground.

"O-of course I don't know what kissing is! Why would I? I-I don't even get why anyone would do that to begin with! And You'll have to pardon if I'm a bit riled, being literally thrown into a strange town like this! What, like you'd feel perfectly dandy if I just swooped you off to Dragonlands and you just suddenly had to spend the rest of your life being cornered by much larger dragons?!!?   ...N-not like I have any use of any of you around my cave!

How pony of all of you! Cart me off to a strange place then constantly barrage me with questions and tests like I'm the aggressor here! ...As well as I should be! Nopony backs dragon into a corner!"

Kaltrop sits back on his haunches, front claws crossed stubbornly and flush of scaled face. Being in a strange place, having spent some decade or so outside of civilization much less having to be around any other being for longer than the time it would take for them to run away or pick a fight, the drakeling has little to no actual experience with being in a crowd. As much as he would refuse to admit the weakness, he's quite overwhelmed already. Having his worldview questioned being just the major issue so far today.

"And besides! I can barely hear over that weird, loud humming noise! It's giving me a headache already!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Foxy Socks & Blitz Boom

"Oh Darling, I wouldn't know whom you are talking about. If you have anypony else coming to meet you, maybe I ought pull up another chair!"

Perhaps somewhat more forgiving with having been given something else to distract her for the time being from the constant cloth donations she'd been working on, Rarity excitedly  trotted along the upstairs hallway to the next room down she had kept in almost always the same condition of several ornate white chairs around a small tea table in the center of a room otherwise drenched in frills and her own not-so-subtly displayed hoofiwork. "Almost Always" meaning of course, when her little sister wasn't around. Fortunately she was either helping out the town with her class at the school or elsewise with her own friends. 

In her excitement, Rarity was oblivious of any magical interference by Anomaly. Mostly from having walked into the pull, she had just assumed the rest of the group was just walking as normally as they had been. When one is often friends with the more excitable ponies like Pinkie Pie, you get rather used to awkward sliding from room to room. After showing them to the chairs they literally slid into, the ivory coated mare made a few vague gestures of attempted recommendations of comfort to those sitting. Turning first to Brittle, as she being the most likely to get the most uncomfortable the fastest, Rarity coos at her new audience.

"You quite alright, Dear? You do seem a bit, ah, out of sorts today. But haven't we all been these past few days, eh? Do relax all of you! I shall return in mere moments to cover the minutia of  Miss Sock's request with her! I know some tea & cucumber sandwiches shall fit this occasion perfectly!"

With that, Rarity skips out of the room to once more prepare her hostess skills. Not two seconds later, her head pops back through the open doorway to address Briar.

"Oh, are, ah, tea leaves & such plant matter quite alright with you, Mr. Trapjaw? Wouldn't want to offend, of course!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and to @Blitz Boom again:

The rustling in the treetop intensifies. Ambie still appears to be fearful of coming down.

"Ah! No! Uhm... don't poke me all that much. Though... think I don't know how to climb back down..."

Some halfway up the tree, Ambie would probably be hard to get to through all the branches. His now bleached-white coat though should make him stand out well enough among all the green, even if his still green mane would help him blend in on his better days. Or rather, make him look like a rather large peach growing off an apple tree.

Edited by Widdershins
Mentions again...
  • Brohoof 2

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Ancalagon opened one of of his great eyes looking towards the presence of Nerzhei and he smiled at her gently. He then sensed two other dragons and directed thee call towards them in a more focused type of call. He saw a dragon in the sky flying towards him. "Hmm another dragon beside you little Nerzhei," Ancalagon stated with a chuckle asone of his little couriers motioned to Ancalagon wwith a whispered that most dragons could hear...It was about the eternally pure water of Nazaseth. He nodded as he gently picked up the water flask to the dryad. "Drink this Lyriel it should quench your thirst," Ancalagon stated.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN & AURORA

"I ... no. I can't put you through that. Even if I don't hurt you, there's still a chance I'd might," Dawn shook her head and took a couple more steps backwards, ducking out of Pop's hug. Pop could see the hurt, pain, and fear on her friend's face, signalling that Dawn was utterly confused and had no idea what she was doing. "No. N-n-no, no no no, I can't, I can't put you ... no, just no," Dawn mumbled, quickly shaking her head as she walked backwards only to freeze, feeling her flank bump into Kaltrops by complete accident.

"At some point, maybe," Aurora chuckled and tilted her head, her ears pricking up. "Is that ... a dragon!?" she asked excitedly and bolted past Spic and out of the carriage to look at the supposed dragon that was shouting nonsense.

Edited by Dji
getting rid of accidental quotes
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

"I d-don't know. They w-were trapped with a spell a-and we were n-never supposed to be in here again. B-But now she's... D-Dear Celestia, I need to t-tell-"

Clayton heard the anguish in Lin's voice as she found her friend, but he wasn't quick to listen considering the horror he were faced with himself.

When this trip started, he assumed that fine, perhaps the sibling's friend had gotten greedy and tried to mine some gems at the exit of the mine, but to think that it had gone all the way to the main chamber, and that she were now loose? That was a nightmare he hadn't considered, but now had to deal with, if he liked it or not.

Perhaps if he had a reason to see the light in any of this, he could focus on the fact that his friends might be able to be returned as well, but right now, the abyss of his mind barely had any light to be found, and it diminished rapidly.

He couldn't even cling to hope as his attention was finally dragged elsewhere and he saw that Omen were not completely covered yet, which still gave them a day or two to save her, but he just grimaced and thought the worst.

"Perhaps it's t-too late .. But if you want to try, then h-hold on."

Clayton would take the tarp on his back and unpack it on the ground near Omen, before going over and looking at the gems surrounding her.

Mumbling a little to himself, he bit down on her tail, and pulled!

- her straight off the wall. Apparently, the gemstones hadn't kept hold in said wall when they started to embrace her, which thankfully made their work easier.

Wrapping the tarp completely around her, Clayton then looked back at Lin with a barely contained fear plastered over his face.

"L-Let's go then. Back to the city so w-we can try and get her out. Help me d-drag her please."

Omen weren't usually heavy, but encased like this, she'd weigh like a buff stallion. And they had to be careful. The tarp might be high quality, but enough sharp edged gnashing against one another would spell trouble, so they had to watch the ground.

=======================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Pop didn't know what she were going to say as Dawn started to nervously go on about how she might hurt her. As previously thought, she didn't really want to be subjected to this, but her friend looking hurt like this wasn't the sort of alternative she had wanted.

Unfortunately, she barely had the chance to be worried about that - or Kaltrops' outburst - before Dawn started to back into him, and a whole new sets of worries emerged. Mainly about whatever or not the two were going to end up fighting, since they both seemed pretty against the other just based on what they were, and how Dawn might be hurt. Sure, this wasn't a big dragon, but still. They had fire breath and claws. That sort gave an advantage.

Meanwhile, Spicy exited the wagon along with Aurora who had apparently gotten interested in some kind of dragon out here, though which one was still up in the air, far as the loan shark was aware.

"Which one of them? The robed one on the roof, the Royal Guard, the huge, ancient one looming over town, or Kaltrops?"

It was a bit weird to think on it now, but honestly, the only one she'd consider a real dragon in that lineup would be the last one. All the others were oddities that didn't really fit the template of what their kind was supposed to be doing or looking like, and that included Ancalagon. He was too chummy with his guild to not be seen as an oddity, even if it wasn't as bad as Mr. Kissy and his sugar momma.

"Speaking off, Kaltrops, what's with the yelling? Did they take a stab at your pride again or something? Or are you having a seizure?"

It had been somewhat muffled inside the wagon, so she wasn't sure, and looking at Marley just gave her a griffon rolling his eyes at whatever the dragon had said.

============================================================================================

@dragon4111

"Excuse me, but the weird sound from before, was that you sir? If so, can I ask what it's for? It's just that I need to get to work, but it sounded like I had to answer for some reason. Not sure what's going on honestly."

Whilst Benny talked with the dragon lord a little away from him, Lyriel took the offered water and looked at it. She had not been thirsty, as there were enough moisture in the air currently to work for her, but it was rude to deny a gift, right? Besides, a small drink of water should not hurt her.

Quite the opposite actually happened as she took a sip. Water of this purity were not something she were used to being around, so she hadn't been prepared for the effects, but she felt several flowers bloom in her hair as the pristine made it's way down her throat, and filled her body with an odd sensation. A pony equivalent would be to be snuggled under a blanket on a cold morning with a hot cup of coco near them, though she wasn't sure of the word befitting that. Quaint perhaps?

Whatever it may be, it was a nice feeling, and as she slowly sipped the rest of the water to enjoy it for as long as she could, a layer of flowers grew over her more earthen dress, and her hair and branches flourished with small, delicate flowers and strands of richest green. Even her eyes changed color to something akin to a sakura tree, with minuscule leaves of the same tree growing around her eyes.

=======================================================================================

@Widdershins @Foxy Socks

Brittle felt a tinge of nervousness pass through the diminishing spell that kept her calm as Rarity got focus on her.

"I-I'm fine. I always look like this because I don't remember what I looked like before the changelings caught me, and I wasn't in the cocoon long enough to just look like one of them. For some reason I just turned out this way."

That was her best guess about things at least. She might have looked like this before she were halfway converted, but she had her doubts about that, seeing as that should have given some kind of idea who she were by somepony, right? She were a weird match of colors that should stand out like a sore eye, yet there hadn't been anything. Not that she really spoke with anypony or anything, but still.

Anomaly felt kinda bad when she heard this, and kept herself from revealing herself at what she had considered an opportune time. That being when Rarity had her back to her and were messing around with the tea cart. Meddling with that and then slide into sight would have been worth it, but this scene so to speak, wasn't meant for that right now. This was drama, not comedy... Yet.

In the meantime, Briar brought Brittle a little closer to him and embraced her with his remaining vine. It tended to relax her when he used this to gently wrap her a little closer, as she associated them with the first kindness she could remember. That being him breaking her out of her cage, s well as a few other times after they had met up again.

"You need not to be concerned miss Rarity. My kind eat plants as much as any pony does. We are not regular plants ourselves, and trying to eat ourselves is both a revolting and ultimately pointless thing to do, as we'd be more delicious to a wolf than a plant eater.

We are an interesting mixture of both getting your greens, and eating the meat on your plate, if you will."

He smiled and chuckled slightly at his little comparison. It wasn't exactly accurate, but the way his kind worked didn't leave him entirely sure about what the truth were either at times, so he just went with what seemed the most logical and/or less terrifying usually. It usually went over well.

"In any case, tea sounds delightful, thank you. Does it appeal to you as well my friends?"

Brittle nodded, which left them focusing on Foxy for the time being for her response. Anomaly were - in lack of a better word - ignored for now, to try and get a minor semblance of normality into things, and then hoping she wouldn't see it as her cue to burst into the scene and do something eccentric in here.

Hey! I heard that.

And yet you won't have the time to respond. Next post.

Wait a s-

=========================================================================================

@Widdershins

"You know, if I were still in the human world, there'd be joked made about a pony getting stuck in a tree. I'd also have a forklift or something to get you out, but since that's not an option, lemme try it the Changeling way."

Happy focused and would engulf Ambie with his magic to pull him down. Humans considered it telekinesis, whilst most ponies he had met just simply called it magic, but whatever the case, it still beat out machines, that was for sure. Just one of many reasons why he liked this reality far more than the one he had been ripped from, even if he did get a tinge of longing towards the orchards on occasion.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem getting Ambie down, even if he had to yank that equine scaredycat from the tree with a substantial pull. Unless of course the tree looked like it were going to end up being uprooted or something. He didn't know much about the Apple family, as he had only met a cousin of theirs some time ago, but if that was any indication, messing with their trees would be the last mistake he'd ever make. Wouldn't be any kind of hiding from the fury of an Apple farmer.

"Now come on Donkey Kong, let loose of the tree so we can get to work. There's a cart to be made and I want to get cracking soon so I can get shop set up before it gets too late. There's a fine time between ponies shopping something nice to drink for dinner and midnight alcoholics, and I'd like to be there for both situations."

@genessee

"Thank you for bringing my soup here."

"No problem Missus Gingerly. We gotta make sure you get what you need to kick that nasty flu."

"It definitely helps Berry. Could you please tell Chop to send his Devil Shark Soup tomorrow?"

"Of course. Now you get back to bed before the doc comes around and finds out you're not resting, alright? You know how he gets when his patients is complacent."

The elderly mare smiled and gave a weak nod to the both of them before closing the door and returning to her bed, soup firmly in hoof.

"She's a real talkative one most of the time, but she is prone to nasty flu's this time of year, so she have to save her voice. I bet you'll like her when she's healthy and around the restaurant, talking your ear off. She's an absolute delight, even if she is secretly being used as a test subject by her doctor to see how resistant they can make viruses.

Anyway, time to go south, we still have a few houses to go."

Berry hadn't told Gingerly about the experiments since she didn't think the mare would believe her, and she didn't have the heart to let her know the truth that the doctor would likely deny, but she were prepared to take action if she suddenly started to mutate from the treatment. It'd be crazy not to, and the scientist that created her in an undersea lab - who conveniently claimed to be *just her mom* - didn't raise a crazy mare. Just a smart one.

====================================================================================

@Battenberg

Both of them just stood and listened with big eyes and smiles to the story that Red and Royal told. They were captivated by it, to a point where Benny had even stopped mid-chew on a caramel he had pulled out of his bag right after the two of them were done telling their own story.

"My, that's... Quite the story. Usually I only hear things this romantic in poems."

"There once was a pony fro-"

"I said a poem, not a limerick. Please don't cheapen the moment "

Benny blushed and looked a little awkwardly at the happy couple in front of them.

"I'm sorry. You really do have quite the romantic background, but sometimes my mouth and my brain just doesn't work on the same wavelength.

And sir? I can sympathize with the awkward first impression. First thing I said when I met Pop was *Manes for your flower. I mean eyes for- No wait, flo- Woah!* and then I fell over myself. Thankfully some mares can forgive goofing up."

"I don't know, I thought it was kinda cute."

Benny chuckled a little over that,t hen trailed off as he tried to thinkof something to say. Speaking more about the couple and their wedding and such seemed like prying. Plus he were already kind of jealous of them, and didn't really want to pry into more of their seemingly perfect relationship, or mess up and cheapen the moment, so in a desperate attempt to not just stand around and be the center of awkward silence, he decided to try something else.

"So... You're a tailor, huh sir? Usual smokings and stuff or are we talking more like creating fashion? Seen a lot of pretty colorful places here in town."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Lance smiled as Miss Gingerly closed the door. 

"I'm sure they'd test flu viruses on elderly ponies who have a weakened immune systems, instead of young adult ones where their immune system is at it's best."

He visibly rolled his eyes while saying this.

• Brohoof 1