Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Amazing Ponies In Real Life Animations

GXPBlast

This is another reason why I love the brony fandom. Although I am not a big fan of the show with an exception of specific episodes and clips that i find enjoyable it has created a huge fanbase which happen to have to be talented with animating skills.

Along with well made fan animations that can rival or even better the official show itself, bronies shave created ponies in real life animations. Here are a few that i found really interesting and I think you should also check out their YouTube channel pages for more stuff.

Feel free to discuss what you think of them away.

Also feel free to share your favorite ponies in real life animations.

• Brohoof 3

There nice but a bit to much easy to predict when something happens and I don't really like the idea of using the animation from the show to still be it when they enter our world.

• Brohoof 1

There nice but a bit to much easy to predict when something happens and I don't really like the idea of using the animation from the show to still be it when they enter our world.

Would you prefer they use more realistic shading, a la the Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck movie with the Blue Monkey?

Or would you prefer a fully-animated CGI 3D Source Filmmaker/Gmod model to be used?

• Brohoof 1

Would you prefer they use more realistic shading, a la the Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck movie with the Blue Monkey?

Or would you prefer a fully-animated CGI 3D Source Filmmaker/Gmod model to be used?

I really don't know which one. Maybe even none lol.

Well, cartoons interacting with real people can be done in a immersive way (see "Who framed Roger Rabbit"). The issue I found with these videos is that Twilight's voice sounded edited in (as the volume to her voice is lower than the man speaking, and is not effected by the environment like his.) The visual quality seems alright, but she certainly sounds like she was added in in post production.
Not saying that it cannot be done (as I have already posted an example) it just takes a bit more work then editing in a cartoon pony and some dialogue.

In the second animation he actually has some custom made stuff to fit the story along with help people with voice acting. It should be in the description of the second video.

Edited by GXPBlast

These are my favorites.  All of the StormXF3 videos.  They're short, but they're so good, especially the Dash's Precious Book series.  And the Vinyl one is a homage to HowToBasic, of course.

I love his videos, although it would be nice for him to create a video where he does not try to annoy or do cruel things the ponies which provoke them to attack him. Although My Little Dashie was really cool. Hopefully in the future there will be videos from him where he has a more positive interaction with the ponies .

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I love these vids, they are just pure awsomeness! Maybe its becaus I can't neccissarly do them myself, though I do have the programs to do it with, I'm just not that gifted with a script or acting and I'm physically camera shy to begin with lol.

I found it amazing that he was able to get voice actors for twilight and animate her and sombra for the second animation. Plus the second animation had a really nice ending with hugs.

Edited by GXPBlast

I love his videos, although it would be nice for him to create a video where he does not try to annoy or do cruel things the ponies which provoke them to attack him. Although My Little Dashie was really cool. Hopefully in the future there will be videos from him where he has a more positive interaction with the ponies .

Yeah.  I kinda figure that MLD was his masterpiece, so the rest of his videos are just his opportunity to screw around and do funny stuff in a HowToBasic-esque style.  I really like the quality of them.  It's tough to find good MLP irl videos.

But here's a StormXF3 that's definitely not provoking the ponies.  It's really slow paced, but I liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGRvLU7COA

Pardon me for being literal but this is animation in real life, not real life animations and the ponies aren't that amazing, just your usual Twilight the starbutt and Sombra the black russian soviet. I felt like being tricked by the title, curse you title!

Anyway, I like the irl videos here. I wish they were real. The only turn off I find is that, no one else seem to find the mutated horse, only the guy who made the videos. Would've been nice to see how non bronies react to ponies irl.

• 5 years later...

Close your eyes and imagine this... if you're favourite ponies were real, what would you do with them? :D How would you react? :pinkie: What would be the first thing that pops into your mind? :wub: I've had numerous dreams about one day meeting my favourite ponies, the Mane Six themselves. The other way to get close to that is by watching the 'Ponies In Real Life' videos. :squee: When I became a brony, some of these were the first MLP videos I watched. Here are some of my favourites:

(There are actually a lot from this guy so I'm including a couple. The above is perfect apart from one of the UNO jokes about career-ending. I never liked those trendy things.)