Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

I quote this in it's entirety because I feel it would have been a travesty to snip it.

Well said! Even though I've heard some complaints about a Dazzlings, I'm starting to believe they may be the smartest of the villains between both worlds. Well at least Adagio. Sonata was just prolly in it for Tacos. :yay:

Oh noes Rainbowgate is upon us.

I'd probably be in it for the tacos, too. Fuckin' tacos, man. Have you EATEN one?!

I don't think the villains were smart, though. they didn't have an ultimate goal, and their reason for their energy collecting goal was stupid. they should've been trying to find a way out of that dimension if they hated it so damn much. That's staying there and controlling everyone going to accomplish? What are they controlling everyone for in the first place, anyway? IT WAS NEVER STATED.

thus- stupid villains .

• Brohoof 1

Now let's talk the villains. I heard someone say that Meghan McCarthy's biggest weakness is her villains and this talking about the ones she created herself and not ones created by someone else like Tirek or Discord. It's that her villains seem typical. Like your typical take over Equestria villains. And yeah, the Dazzlings kind of fall into that category. At least they have a nice backstory.

If there's something I didn't like, I kind of wish Spike did more in this one. He kind of just faded into the backgrond and was just there in most scenes. Which is weird since Spike was portrayed amazingly in the first one.

• Brohoof 2

Saw it and I really liked it! I think Sunset Shimmer became my new favorite character there for a while, she really added a lot to the movie. Glad she got to be a part of the group. The "Dear Princess Twilight..." at the end was so sweet, it makes me wish she was more than just a part of the movies. I certainly wouldn't mind if we saw a letter or two from her in season 5  :please:

Overall, great music, great humor and a very enjoyable watch! :)

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 2

I really loved the aspect of how Sunset became their friends and ultimately in the end, was the one to defeat the Dazzlings. I just really liked it. Another funny thing that I might as well mention is that when I went to see it with my fellow brony friend, more than 75% of the people in the theatre were bronies LMAO! My rating for the movie? Definitely 10/10. I could watch it anytime and probably never get bored. And that little sneak peek at the ending credits got me soooo #HYPE! So next EG movie they make is going to probably have 2 Twilights. Well, that ends it for my little discussion about the things I enjoyed about it! Hope you guys all liked it too! ;D *brohoofs all*

I agree with you about Sunset becoming their friend and defeating the Dazzlings. It was nice to see her in the film and not only feel sympathy for her, but root for her in a way to stand up for her friends when the Dazzlings were too powerful. I do like Sunset much more as a protagonist than a villain.

• Brohoof 3

Howdy all!

Went and saw RR at the local theater today.

I gotta say Its FREAKING AMAZING! :yay:

The Music (Daniel Ingram is THE MAN!! ;) )

Kazumi Evans as Adagio :wub:

(I was like :blink:  when I heard her sing with the other Dazzlings)

YES! more on Sunset and how shes trying to fit in after what she did in the first EG Movie.

The rest of the cast was AWESOME!!

The cameos was :lol:

Gonna pre order the DVD thats fer sure B)

The last ending clip after the credits made me go HMMMMMMM.

Well worth going to see it on the silver screen

See ya!

• Brohoof 2

I watched it off youtube but was not disappointed. I loved it. While parts of it made me cringe (Why must you insist on bringing up her past? Really? I get that your upset-but after two months you should at least be trying to be nice to her! )the songs were amazing. I think they are....hypnotic. Though-the credits were weird. Is that for a sequel or the uh..spin off series?

• Brohoof 1

bets quote in the entire movie 

"she never takes off her headphones" 

see wearing headphones all the time is a good thing hehehe 

the ,movie was  a great improvement from the first one, and sunset shimmer really stole the stage in my opinion she not only develops as a character but she actually becomes a much better hero then villian. Two Twilights now that's a paradox waiting to happen, hey wait a sec is there a human doctor whooves in that world too? Also soooo muchhhh trixie.... ^_^

I'd probably be in it for the tacos, too. Fuckin' tacos, man. Have you EATEN one?!

I don't think the villains were smart, though. they didn't have an ultimate goal, and their reason for their energy collecting goal was stupid. they should've been trying to find a way out of that dimension if they hated it so damn much. That's staying there and controlling everyone going to accomplish? What are they controlling everyone for in the first place, anyway? IT WAS NEVER STATED.

thus- stupid villains .

Meh. Why would they go back and do Waterloo again. Goal was appropriate to the mythology. Basically, I don't need to be spoon fed the plot and motivations of a character. I know how to use a knife and fork. This is why I love poetry and read the holy hell out if it whilst Nora Roberts fills in all the blanks for everyone else.

Smart villains - cause James Joyce!

*drops the mic

:)

• Brohoof 2

I agree with you about Sunset becoming their friend and defeating the Dazzlings. It was nice to see her in the film and not only feel sympathy for her, but root for her in a way to stand up for her friends when the Dazzlings were too powerful. I do like Sunset much more as a protagonist than a villain.

I liked how they kept teasing through the movie that she would turn back to evil, but she never did. I would've hated that so much. Instead she got to be the voice of reason and the one to make a stand in the end when everything was falling apart. That I really liked  :yay:

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 1

The movie was good but what happened to the segments they teased before the movie came out, like the carnival scene with the Discord easter egg, or the plots of how the Mane 6 got their instruments? Weren't these part of the movie or was it suppose to be promotional content, or was it cut for some reason? I fell like their is a lot of the movie missing. 

I went and saw this movie yesterday and I loved it!

I think what stood out to me the most was the music, there were so many great music scenes in this show, so many. I must wish they had shown some of the other musicians, like Octavia, and Snowflake, and Lyra and Bon Bon, and even flash sentry. Like seriously fanbase, get on this!

There were a few parts that needed some help, such as the ending, sure it was cool and all, but why does no one question demons in this world. First there sunset the raging she demon, then three sirens, like come on people! And I beleive it needed to be longer, to encompass everything in it. There needed more back story and explanation.

Overall though. I'd say this movie was very successful and very good. Good job Hasbro. Good job DHX. Good job Mr. Ingram, you outdid yourself.

The movie was good but what happened to the segments they teased before the movie came out, like the carnival scene with the Discord easter egg, or the plots of how the Mane 6 got their instruments? Weren't these part of the movie or was it suppose to be promotional content, or was it cut for some reason? I fell like their is a lot of the movie missing. 

It was just promotional, nothing was missing

Those shorts were always supposed to be seperate and act as prequels to the movie.

"Boulder was hungry." I didn't see that coming! Anyway, I liked much it better than the first movie. I enjoyed Sunset much more this time and Trixie was better than ever. The battle at the end was very cool, too. I also like seeing the human Twilight after the credits and wonder what's in store for the future. It's cool how Twilight is becoming a teacher for Sunset just like Celestia was. RR was still not quite as good as the show, but was very enjoyable nontheless.

Edited by rpc8169

The Rainbow Rocks book is essentially the shorts, chapter for chapter. And actually, Twilight being in them is because the book is Twilight's daydream about what the Humane 5 are doing in their world, which apparently actually happened.

I knew what's going on in the Rainbow Rocks film, like I interviewed it today in theatres (or on YouTube) with the Rainbooms are awesomeness!

Sunset Shimmer managed to note Princess Twilight Sparkle for help at Canterlot High to stop the Dazzlings from intervening them into Battle of the Bands. You should check this out, quickly!

Despite with the Battle of the Bands, the Rainbooms (including Sunset Shimmer) managed to beat the Dazzlings and break their spell with the strongest alicorn magic ever made from Princess Twilight Sparkle! I love the film and that part! :D

The scene where the Rainbooms were being verbally attacked by the other CHS students. I want to say it was right after they were announced as moving on past Trixie, but I could be wrong. A lot happened in this movie.

The MLP wiki has the update that she is now voiced but no quote or VA

QXOaxFS.png

Here is the voice of Octavia.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going to read anything that looks spoiler-ish.

I just need to ask a question, and hope it will be answered:

Is it a good movie?

Personally I think that it is better than the first movie. The songs are amazing! They've added more fan favorite ponies to the EQ world and it has a lovely little twist after the credits. All in all, it made for one awesome movie!

• Brohoof 1