mega thread MLP FiM Season 5 Preview Info (Spoilers)

Batbrony

I think it's going to be a duet with Wierd AL.

Never thought of that Kurt Vonnegut theory. Is Kurt Vonnegut like an american version of George Orwell? My Mum had to do an entire GCSE on Animal Farm. And here is the main quote ''All Animals are Equal but some are more equal than others''. Harrison Berguron sounds a lot like Animal Farm.

Yes, I agree that the equals sign is likely a reference to Harrison Bergeron or Animal Farm.  Regarding Animal Farmthe seventh of its seven original founding principles is "All animals are equal."  Later on, as the leadership becomes corrupt, all seven of the principles are replaced by one:  "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

Orwell wrote Animal Farm as a satire, particularly of Stalinism in the early 1940's.

Other works of art that have similarities:

1.  The ST:OS episode, "Return of the Archons", in which nearly everyone is a frontier town is of one mind with Landru.

2.  A Wrinkle In Time, where the planet Camazotz is inhabited by people that look much alike and do all things alike.

Edited by wdfarmer
  • Brohoof 1

I heard that the other fans calls her Mayor Marks 

here have some art XP

img-3496000-2-826695__safe_solo_communis

Great, another communist flag. *Eyerolls*

Still like the art though. She can equalize me anyday. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! SOOOOO EXCITED NOW!

Since I suspect that the mane 6 are going to get a = cutiemark as well, which means... They'll drop all of their talents! Just be like.. Equally, nobody's special in any way. Everyone's the same. I suppose it's a little bit like when Discord disabled them by taking away their horns and wings. Still, this would be slightly different, since AJ and Pinkie ALSO will be affected by this. No one will feel like they have a destiny anymore, they will lose everything they live for, basically. It will be VERY exciting to see how this is going to turn out.

Sitting here now, just waiting for the first episode to be released! 

• Brohoof 1

I could be wrong on this, but wasn't there one part in the trailer where Twilight suddenly teleports away from her friends? This was pointed out by one user on EQD. I hope this isn't like last season where Twilight has to save the others because they're useless without her. I'm also confused about what that blue stuff was on either side of the library. Was that supposed to be water, poison joke, or what? I was watching the trailer on my phone, so it was hard for me to tell.

Edited by smitty121325

Dang, I wasn't sure they could top TK but man, this looks quite epic! (1st trailer) Thanks Hasbro for making these next 2 months go by even slower than they already would. Anyway, I can't wait!

Also, luv the Jontron reaction.

Edited by rpc8169

OK, I think at this point they're trying to troll us with that release date. Still Spring 2015 huh?

If they're rolling trailers out now, they've got to give us one soon. It has to be this weekend at the con. I will fuckin eat an ENTIRE small PIZZA if I'm wrong. 

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro, it's 3 in the morning over here, atleast give me a bit of sleep. :(

Okay, the Trailer confirmed now that Mayor Marks is the villain of the episode. But who are the ponies that are beside the mane 6?

I can think about new theories now. Infact, screw sleep.

confound-these-ponies-they-drive-me-to-i

• Brohoof 1

I like these 〓 pones. This is gonna be interesting.

So it looks like the cutie marks get restored, as you can see here, and that one leader transforms somehow. Her pony appearance could have just been a glamour, and she's really something else.

I hope she isn't transforming. I like the idea of a serious villain just being a regular pony. It would be even better if she wasn't a Unicorn

Are you kidding me!? I just finished my second video on the first trailer and now there's another trailer out!!!

Edit: oh never mind the trailer doesn't give us any useful information at all. Looks like I can take a day off :D

Edited by LZRD WZRD