mega thread MLP FiM Season 5 Preview Info (Spoilers)

Batbrony

A bit off topic but, if the CMC ARE getting their cutie marks this season, (which, god i hope not) why isn't there merchandise hyping it? The royal wedding got hyped up before it aired, Alicorn Twilight got hyped up before the episode aired, and the rainbow powers were hyped up way before the season 4 finale aired. But this? we get nothing.

Because Hyping Up stuff is absolutely stupid. It spoils the show. Next time Hasbro hype something up, keep your viewers in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABdnL9d8RE

3 new vids here, expecting 4 more to come

Wait a minute. THE KICK DOESN'T WORK ON THE DOOR!!! It is based on Harrison Bergeron after all!!! Because of the HANDICAPPER general!!! She's HANDICAPPED!!!

The only victim in graffiti is the architect. Graffiti is not a crime.

Because Hyping Up stuff is absolutely stupid. It spoils the show. Next time Hasbro hype something up, keep your viewers in mind.

It is called advertising and marketing. Looking at these clips so far Hasbro and Discovery Family has not spoiled all that much, and they don't care provided they sell more toys while keeping the numbers.

A bit off topic but, if the CMC ARE getting their cutie marks this season, (which, god i hope not) why isn't there merchandise hyping it? The royal wedding got hyped up before it aired, Alicorn Twilight got hyped up before the episode aired, and the rainbow powers were hyped up way before the season 4 finale aired. But this? we get nothing.

Because there is no point in advertising the CMC's with Cutie Marks as far value for the advertising buck goes considering they are secondary characters at best. 

Maybe there simply is no merchandise with them having Cutie Marks at this point so that would make it impossible to advertise;

The first several episodes sound decent enough/

Edited by UnknownFry

Yes! The CMC getting their cutie marks! I can't wait!

Also interested in seeing Twilight being homesick for her old library. It's only natural that she'd miss it and glad the writers don't seem to be ignoring that. :)

I can't wait for Season 5!

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to address the CMCs getting their cutie marks here.  We've been teased with some kind of coming-of-age story, which could mean that at least one of them is getting their cutie mark.  But here's the big issue that nobody is bringing up.  How can they be Cutie Mark Crusaders if they have their cutie mark?  I'm not saying they won't hang out anymore.  They just won't really be able to call themselves that anymore.  If the 'crusade' for an object or goal is completed, you're not a crusader anymore.  It's as simple as that.

Also, there's no guarantee that it will be them getting their cutie marks, or that they will even all get them simultaneously.  More likely, I could see one of them getting their cutie mark, and it causing friction between the three, as the other two don't know where to go from there.  And this may not be as easily resolved, especially if the other two don't get their cutie marks right away.  After all, how many times have we seen Apple Bloom hanging out with Twist since she got HER cutie mark?

So while many people are excited about this prospect, if this is the case be warned.  You may not like everything you are going to see.  We may be in for quite a bit of drama. 

Granted it sounds like that's what they're going for this season, more story driven plots and more dramatic themes.

But if they do allow the CMCs to get their cutie marks, it makes me wonder what they could do with their characters afterwards.  After all, their character arc has always been about them getting their cutie marks.  So if that goal is fulfilled, I don't know what's really left for them.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

A Winner Is You!!!

I'm going to address the CMCs getting their cutie marks here.  We've been teased with some kind of coming-of-age story, which could mean that at least one of them is getting their cutie mark.  But here's the big issue that nobody is bringing up.  How can they be Cutie Mark Crusaders if they have their cutie mark?  I'm not saying they won't hang out anymore.  They just won't really be able to call themselves that anymore.  If the 'crusade' for an object or goal is completed, you're not a crusader anymore.  It's as simple as that.

Also, there's no guarantee that it will be them getting their cutie marks, or that they will even all get them simultaneously.  More likely, I could see one of them getting their cutie mark, and it causing friction between the three, as the other two don't know where to go from there.  And this may not be as easily resolved, especially if the other two don't get their cutie marks right away.  After all, how many times have we seen Apple Bloom hanging out with Twist since she got HER cutie mark?

So while many people are excited about this prospect, if this is the case be warned.  You may not like everything you are going to see.  We may be in for quite a bit of drama. 

Granted it sounds like that's what they're going for this season, more story driven plots and more dramatic themes.

But if they do allow the CMCs to get their cutie marks, it makes me wonder what they could do with their characters afterwards.  After all, their character arc has always been about them getting their cutie marks.  So if that goal is fulfilled, I don't know what's really left for them.

I think Babs Seed (the episode) gives us a pretty good idea of where the CMC are headed thereafter: assisting other ponies in earning their Cutie Marks.

It also goes well with the whole "spreading friendship across Equestria" theme for Season 5.

• Brohoof 3

Bad Ending:

full.png

war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

• Brohoof 4

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

Daniel Ingram tweeted this about this season's songs so get hyped!!!

img-3596627-1-OYchWpc.jpg

I can't believe it!  This is going to be so awesome!  :wub:

Daniel Ingram's songs are a big part of why I love the show so much.

And if what he says is true than season 5 is going to be fantastic!

I can't wait to hear all the great new songs we are going to get this season.

10/10 would hype

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

CJlO22H.png

That Pinkie trailer is great!

I love Pinkie, but she's been a bit less complex than the other ponies for the latter episodes of S4, so I hope seeing the ponies' fake happiness in the opening will bring her some interesting character development.

~ If you're feeling cold, I'll tax the heat. ~

Wait, are they bringing rapping Pinkie Pie back!? :o

You say this like it's a bad thing. B)

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 5

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

Wait, are they bringing rapping Pinkie Pie back!? :o

I wouldn't have any complaints about this; just as long as they don't overdo it. Her musical number in "Testing, Testing, 1 2 3" was a treat, so it'd be a shame to see it done to death.

• Brohoof 1

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

Seriously, what's not to like about rapping Pinkie Pie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV6SWS-lVM

People say that this is a bad song.....Well yeah. It's supposed to be this way. It was mocking all the cartoons of the 90s, that tried too hard to be hip.

• Brohoof 2