212 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Princess?

• Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadence
    • Princess Twilight Sparkle

Howdy all!

I like all of the princesses.

They have their strengths & flaws but overall they have good hearts.

Cant wait for more development on Princess Twilight in season 4.

See ya!

I like Celestia but, I have to give my sympathy to Luna because even if she is a bit anti-social she at least has a huge populated fanbase like Celestia. I find it pretty good for both of the sisters to have the same amount of fans.

Although Luna would have been my initial choice, I honestly prefer Cadence due to here bright personality and the fact that she shows up a bit more often. Cadence is just an overall cool and entertaining character as well.

(edited)

Celestia.

To me, Celestia is the most motherly of all the characters. She's someone who everyone could be able to look up to (despite many seeing her as trollestia). I guess she's my favorite because she reminds me of all the loving people I've ever had in my life (parents, grandmothers ect). She's beautiful for a pony, and the embodiment of kind elegance. 

Edited by Mootlock
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

My favorite is Luna because I can relate to her struggle for acceptance.

I do love Celestia, however. She is the embodiment of kindness, wisdom, and leadership.

hit it right on the nose. She is what every parent (or person, for that matter) should aspire to be.

Edited by Corruptvoid
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

My favourite is Cadance. She's pretty and all my favourite colours. I love her personality and how she helped defeat two villains. She also sings my favourite song; this day aria.  

Here's a follow up question; Do you think the show will introduce anymore princesses and what kind would you like to see? Maybe a desert pony princess, a zebra princess or maybe another of the mane six becoming a princess? Or are you against the idea of another princess? I'm interested in what everyone thinks.

Edited by Pinkie4eeeever

@@Pinkie4eeeever,

We already happened to have a topic for the purpose of sharing our favorite princess, so for convenience, your thread has been merged with the older one. In the future, please make sure to use the search feature before making a thread to ensure that you are not creating a duplicate :)

As for the actual question, it trades off between Celestia and Luna depending on my mood. Twilight is a better character than they are, but I still don't really think of her as a princess, oddly enough. She's my favorite character who is a princess, but Luna is currently my favorite princess.

And for your second question, maybe if they were the leader of some other nation. I'd much rather see a non-villainous king though.

LUNA IS THE BESTEST PRINCESS IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA!!!!!!!!

I love Luna. Celestia is great, but she's obviously more of a queen than a princess. But even so, Luna is the best :D

I a big fan of Princess Cadence and Princess Luna. Although I enjoy Princess Celestia too, but she hasn't been as candid or humorous as the others seem to be. I hope we get to see a Luna and Celestia centered episode in S4 though that might help make Celestia come off as more humorous.

I'd have to say for me its a tie between Luna and Cadence. I feel that Luna is such a realistic and relate able pony. Cadence has a large part in my heart for being the princess of love and being so caring and adorable <3 I get excited seeing them both. As few Celestia... eh she doesnt thrill me that often. I do give her mega props for her ballad to Twili though (that hit me on a very personal level.) So yea.... Luna/ Cadence. 

For me, I'm definitely adore Luna but also Celestia because she is a real good parental figure to the mane 6. And if there was a new princess, besides Twilight, it would've be me (I'll stop this boasting) Princess Harmony Star, who is a teen princess of the earth, is a serious gamer, loves drawing and is also bubbly, loyal, kind, and has Aspregers syndrome.

Let's look at their ranking Brony Census

http://herdcensus.com/2013%20STATE%20OF%20THE%20HERD%20REPORT.pdf

Favorite character

1st: Twilight Sparkle

5th: Luna

16th: Celestia

The character you identify with

1st: Twilight Sparkle

3rd: Luna

11th: Celestia

14th: Cadance

The character you enjoy seeing in episode

1st: Luna

2nd: Twilight Sparkle

8th: Celestia

14th: Cadance

Keep in mind the survey took place before Twilicorn happened. It appears Twilight took a major drop in popularity after turning into Twilicorn. Even Cadance is much more popular than Twilicorn.

Does the transformation affected your ranking of poines?

As for me, I'll rank ponies according to how much I relate to them:

1. Twilight Sparkle

2. Applejack

3. Fluttershy

4. Rainbow Dash

5. Rarity

6. Pinkie Pie

7. Twlicorn

(edited)

After re-watching the tea scene from A Bird In The Hoof, I realised I was severely under-appreciating Celestia. I now love her character design - she stays true to how the show circumvents clichés by showing that being a princess isn't always glorious and fun (that other third-rate shows involving princesses make it out to be). I love how she wishes other ponies didn't stress out so much trying to please her, or treat her with the absolute utmost manners, and how even as supreme ruler of Equestria one is allowed their fun.

So yeah, favourite princess. Anyway, that tea scene:

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 2

Princess Luna is best Princess. Why? The way she speaks is awesome, she has a great character design, and she was once evil so yeah I'm a big fan of characters who used to be evil but then became good.

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Luna of course. Her character thus far is entertaining and admirable, and yes there is quite some sympathy for her. I can't help but think that part of the reason she became Nightmare Moon was that she got the short end of the stick. She shows a lot of rdevotion and care to her job and makes efforts to help her subjects even if they don't always truly appreciate her,unlike someponies else including those in the Mane 6 huh.png .

Don't get me wrong, Celestia's shown to be very capable, responsible, wise, benevolent and righteous leader. She makes numerous attempts to break tradition from the Canterlot society, and by extension against the Equestrian attitudes and norms also as well. It might well be that she intends that Twilight succeed her eventually. But she also comes off (and I mean A LOT) as being a distant and manipulative bitch, either due to the show's relegation of her as a background character or otherwise. In many senses, she's quite similar to the classical Christian and pagan Gods assuming a facade of benevolence and always seeming to "know what's best" and doing things "for the good of the world" without bothering to fully explain or detail them. 

In that regard you could compare Celestia to Albus Dumbledore, wise and benevolent, but rarely trusting enough of her apprentice to truly show a truly caring and personal relationship. On the other hoof I see Luna as Snape in a lot of ways. She's despised, misunderstood and neglected, but she has good intentions as a leader. Its just made worse that she's relegated to a background role.

Mind you I don't like Luna necessarily because she's underrated or under appreciated. I like her because of her mannerisms and character, which to me seem more fleshed out than Celestia, who can come off often as a one dimensional Goddess. Its just an unfortunate coincidence that even the creators of the show seem to ignore Luna's potential. 

I'd have to say Luna is my favorite. Some people don't like her because she is "evil" or "selfish" but really how would you feel if everyone ignored your beautiful night time? I must say I love her boldness and braveness. Plus she is very pretty!

(edited)

I would say Luna is my favorite. Being as mystic as she is, and helping out ponies fighting their fears in their Nightmares is awesome! Celestia is right behind. With the hard choices she had to make while she was alone, and actually showing she is not a perfect little princess really makes me like her! And their design, representing the star lit night sky and the diferent colors of the day depending wich time it is (could also represent the aurora).

I have to admit I need to see a little bit more of both Cadence and Twilight to really decide what I think of them.
Twilight because she just became a Princess, and Cadence because she is so far a little bit to girly for my taste.

Edited by CookieFudge
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had made one like this not more 30mins or so ago come to find out ha! someone had made one just like it but it was for the CMC and they had a poll too... so I said ok lets do this the right way smile.png.

So who is your favorite? and why? as for me well duuuhh its Twilight lol just joking its Luna, not to say I don't love the other princess's or anything cause I do. 

post-16621-0-12075200-1371623998.jpg

My personal favorite is Princess Celestia. I love how regal she seems to be. She's a good ruler and is pretty kind. Plus, I adore her color scheme. 

2nd favorite - Cadence

3rd favorite - Twilight

4th favorite - Luna.

That's pretty much my standings. :3

• Brohoof 2