Who is your favourite Princess?  

212 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Princess?

• Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadence
    • Princess Twilight Sparkle

Luna is probably my favorite.

Her character has a back story and she is designed very well.

You could argue Celestia has a back story, but a lot of it is fan speculation and doesn't have anything official to build off of. Luna has a set official story already and fans can (and have) build on it without getting to far off track.

• Brohoof 1

Luna is my favorite princess.

I like her because, 1. She is a night princess who likes to scare people and 2. I think her character is really developed, like when she came to Ponyville in Luna Eclipsed. It reminded me, she might be a night princess but she can still have fun.

• Brohoof 2

I really like/love all three of them, but I have to go with Luna. She's... Luna. And I've always had more of a thing for darkness and night than light and daytime. Although morning is my favorite time of day, lol.

And that post about how Cadance is the only one who's sang brings to my attention... How awesome would it be to have a Celestia and/or Luna song? I can't say it seems likely, but that could be so awesome. I'm already hoping for an episode centered around them both, or just Celestia (she's shown up a lot, but I think she could use one) or Luna (hey, she got one, but another now that she's settled in would be great).

In any case, more Cadance and Luna are necessary.

• Brohoof 1

LUNA. LUNA, LUNA, LUNA. :3

I know that a lot of bronies love her, but that's for good reason. I'll state why I specifically wuv Woona:

1) Her character depiction in the show.

She is one thing that a ton of children's shows lack: A complex character. One who is both a protagonist and an antagonist, as opposed to characters like Celestia who are wholly good or like Sombra who is wholly bad. Also, she has the whole alter-ego thing going, which as a writer I freaking love. One of my favorite parts of the fic I'm currently writing is where a couple villains actually corrupt her and change her back into Nightmare Moon.

...wait...does that make me demented? O.o

TL;DR Tragic and morally ambiguous characters make for very good characters.

2) Her association with the night and nocturnality as a whole.

This reason is much more personal. In the day, I'm often forced into a state of either emptiness, depression, anger, bitterness, or despair (take your pick) by the stress and unfairness of it all. :\ BUT THEN, at night, i can be alone with the beautiful stars, with all of my friends on the ponynet, and live a better, joyful, pure, despair-free life. :D As a result, I've grown to love a lot of things associated with stars and nocturnality, just based on association. :3

TL;DR i love the night because it's an escape from when life sucks. As a result, I wuv Luna.

3) She's a sympathetic character.

Okay, admit it, who hasn't seen a sad picture of Woona as a filly and not wanted to huggle her and tell her everything is all right? well...actually probably a lot of bronies but NEVERMIND. :\ Point being, as a tragic character with a cute personality (when she's not Nightmare Moon :P), I and probably most bronies are compelled to like her.

TL;DR If you feel bad for a character, you tend to like them.

</rant>

• Brohoof 1

Zebra princess. Confirmed in S4 Ep 11 by devs. She's like a zebra, but she has a horn. Why no wings, you ask? Zebras can't fly, silly ^_^

Well jokes aside, Luna is my religion. Well not really, more like a metaphor of how much I love her.

Edited by PinkiePai
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cadence for me.  She's nice and sweet and wins with the power of love.  ...Almost like a fully grown Fluttershy in a way.  I love her place in the season 2 finale's story and in Twilight's past.

I'll say Princess Cadance. Mainly because she's awesome, has a wonderful singing voice, and I've had wonderful memories of watching her in the Canterlot Wedding episodes. Plus, she's super powerful too. 

However, Luna is kinda tied with her. I like how Luna looks, her history, and her power. So she's a pretty boss Princess too. ;)

In all honesty, my favorite of the Princesses would have to be Princess Luna. Her design is utterly Beautiful while I find her personality to be quite adorable (especially in the fanon)

Plus she is the guardian of dreams so that is definitely a plus :3

I honestly love all three of them for different reasons, so I can't vote for only one of them. I informally vote for all three (since the poll only lets you choose one option). 

Princess Celestia seems to be the wisest and most knowledgeable out of the three. It's inspiring to see how she treats other ponies in the show. It makes me happy to see that just because someone is in a position of great power, doesn't mean that they have to act like they're better than everyone else, or hurt anyone, etc. Maybe one day all of the presidents, prime ministers, kings, queens, etc in the real world will learn how to be like that too. 

Princess Luna is good and wise like the other two princesses, but still has a lot to learn. Season 3 episodes one and two are the first episodes in which she is not depicted in a situation where she is doing something wrong or learning from her previous wrongs. So, to me, the implication is that she is on the right path, but she is still learning. Anyone can easily relate to this, we are all like Princess Luna in the sense that we all have conflicts in life, internal and/or external, and we need to learn how to deal with them so we can set ourselves on the right path.

Princess Cadence is the youngest out of the three, but she is wise and good as are the other two princesses. I love how her special ability is to spread love and joy to other ponies using her magic. It makes sense that she is the "Crystal Princess," the one who rescued the crystal heart from King Sombra, allowing the crystal ponies to charge the crystal heart with the light and love within themselves, defeating King Sombra for good. 

• Brohoof 1

Luna.
While Celestia is interesting in her own way, and Cadence has interesting backstory that has been hinted at, Luna's journey and development has been by far the most interesting.  From her intense jealousy (which I question - the story is slightly too propogantastic) to her banishment to her return, defeat, and absolution, she's been through a heckuvalot.

Celestia! although i definitely LOVE luna too :3 cadence is okay i guess.

i'm very intrigued by Celestia because her inner thoughts and behaviors are just so mysterious. luna pretty much shows her feelings, you can see when she is sad, angry, upset,  etc. however, we rarely ever get to see celestia's personality. i always wonder what sort of thoughts are going on inside her head. what are her true goals? what kind of person is she really, when no one is looking? i love that about her. maybe she really is just a troll at heart. as ruler of equestria, she always has to maintain a calm face to the world, but even the great ruler of equestria must hide some fears, flaws,  and insecurities within. anyway, you can probably tell i really wish for a celestia centered episode for those very reasons :/

see what i mean? xD

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

I prefer Luna and Cadance. I really think Cadance should be getting more love though! She IS the Princess of Love and I think she's downright the perfect person to depend on making you feel loved and happy. She's just perfect. Fun, silly, loving, caring, powerful, strong, and she flies!

Please give Cadance more love <3

Yet, I still love Luna more. Why? BECAUSE SHE'S NOT PINK. (I greatly dislike the color pink)

Tia's a nice girl, and she still is da boss of all of Equestria, but I cannot some to look away from Luna's starry mane and her dreamwalker abilities are rather impressive, even though I had that idea for an OC of mine

Lets be honest here. We all know that the vast populace of bronies (and myself) believe that Luna is the best princess. The only thing that this post has to spare it would be the Celestia vs Cadance voters...

PRINCESS CADENCE ALWAYS WINS. CADENCE ALL THE WAY BABY!

6284__animated_shining-armor_cadence_gun

Cadence saved Spike, the Crystal Heart, defeated King Sombra, defeated Chrysalis, SAVED CELESTIA MIGHT I ADD, foal-sat Miss Twilight herself, I mean really? She's so awesome! In the words of Twilight, What other pony can spread love wherever she goes? <3

Luna would be at the top of my list. I prefer nighttime to daytime since I'm a bit of a night owl, and I've done a lot of personal musing in the dark since that's when I feel my thoughts are clearer. She also has a blue mane, and blue is my favorite color. And finally, I think she's better designed than Celestia or Cadence.

• 2 months later...

So who are your favourite princesses guys?

Mine personally is Luna, (obviously) img-1308451-1-wub.png

Second favourite would be Cadence, and third Celestia. C:

~Luna

Edited by DJ Luna♥

Yes, definitely Princess Luna. Celestia is just not flawed enough for my liking, same with Cadance, and Twilight hasn't been a princess long enough for me to vote for her. I just love Luna's colours, too, and her voice is perfect.

Edited by Full Spectrum