Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Gravity Falls vs Adventure Time

RAGESTAR

I perfer Adventure Time to Gravity falls, but I have not seen all the episodes of any of them as there is no legal way to find all the episodes here.

I find the characters in AT to be more lovable, even the Ice king/Simon has his own charm

The shows are vastly different. I love them both for very different reasons.

Adventure Time I've been watching since it first aired, and I love the surrealism and the quirky bros just being bros humor. It's great that way, and it was a really new take on the world of cartoons at the time. The environments Finn and Jake travel and visit are very vast, and it has a great backstory to it. I guess one issue I have with it is the lack of character re-occurrences and story arcs. To simply put it, those who don't enjoy it at all may not understand it or appreciate the themes and messages it has. I can safely say it may be one of those acquired taste shows.

Gravity Falls takes some of the route of quirkiness other shows have been going for recently but it adds a lot more direct themes to its storytelling. The main duo Mabel and Dipper are great and relatable without conforming to general gender tween/teen stereotypes. This is not what Adventure Time was going for. The lore is also quite vast, but they way they present it is moreso leaning towards secrecy in a world much like ours than a possible world of unknown secrecy caused by something of a post-apocalypse.

Yeah, it's sort of tough to compare a preference to two shows like these. 

I think Gravitiy Falls is better, it is at least a bit more realistic, does not happen in some mythical world of magic :T. No, I don't think it is better than ponies, but I laugh a lot xD. 

• 2 weeks later...