Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Gravity Falls

null123456

(edited)

I hated it from first look just like I do regarding any modern popular show, but one day I was bored & decided to watch the first episode of it (I once watched Breadwinners & Almost Naked Animals, after all! ._.) & it was brilliant! Watched some 12 episodes so far - some are pretty good, some are boring, but the first episode still stays the strongest of them so far.  Characters' appearance can get to be used. Backgrounds are pretty good, interesting & not annoying (unlike how it's in this MLP!).  Another rare good modern show along with Gumball that gets my approval.

Edited by I love Jelly Otter

I love Gravity Falls. Although, I haven't gotten a chance to watch season 2 yet. I should really get on that,

OMG, you've GOT to!! It's even better than the first one!!

It's definitely one of the better new generation cartoons out there that's for sure. This cartoon, MLP and Dan VS are really the only new cartoons that I think can be called good. They're the only ones that I feel can compete with the great classics like Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Edd n Eddy, Samurai Jack and Courage the Cowardly Dog etc. Regular Show is decent. Adventure Time is meh.

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized today that Jason Ritter, the voice of Dipper Pines, was one of the main characters in the movie "Freddy VS Jason."  I was hoping to find some "Gravity Falls" / "Freddy VS Jason" crossover fan art, but I had no luck.

(edited)

YES! A thread for Gravity Falls! I'm watching it with my little sister right now. Is it wrong that I like Dipper more than Mabel though? I love them both to death but it feels like Mabel's the fan favorite in the fandom to me and Dipper reminds me of myself a little TO much.

...Actually it scares me how much I relate to him. Like... I'm actually surprised by how overwhelmingly relatable he is to me. He's even my favorite fictional character ever for that. :D

Also, unlike most fictional twins who are always in constant sibling rivalry or are exact copies of each other, Dipper and Mabel's sibling relationship is fleshed out and quite realisitc. As Alex said, the kids enjoy and like each other as siblings no matter how much they get on each other's nerves which is something I adored about the show ever since I was 12 when I started watching the show seriously.

Not to mention they're so cute as siblings together. :3

(The episode this scene is from is the episode my sister and I are watching actually) Still cute. :3

Cute-Dipper-and-Mabel-gravity-falls-3602

Even as a 12 year old I thought that scene and their sibling moments were adorable.

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

Also, unlike most fictional twins who are always in constant sibling rivalry or are exact copies of each other, Dipper and Mabel's sibling relationship is fleshed out and quite realisitc.

I know right? That's one of my favorite things about the show. <3

(edited)

OMG guys... I don't know if this has been talked to death in the fandom already, but I just discovered this thanks to someone pointing it out in some YouTube comments. So we know Alex Hirsch has stated that Wendy's mom is, "No longer with her" right?

Well while watching a reaction to "Not What He Seems", I read a comment that said something along the lines of, "Hint about what happened to Wendy's mom on Manly Dan's truck bumper." So I looked, and sure enough, on his bumper along with the Sev'ral Timez sticker was a yellow awareness ribbon.

sig-3919032.shop-awareness-ribbon-yellow

Now I always thought the yellow ribbon was about supporting the troops, but I looked it up and it's also used for diseases, including several types of cancer, as well as SUICIDE PREVENTION... Just, holy crap... What do you think happened?

Edited by ShadOBabe

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first 32 episodes of this series, and I've gotta say, I really like it :D

The backstory of this whole town of Gravity Falls is what took me the most, with it's nice evolution throughout the episodes

I also like it's humour, really simple but really nice. Also, these references man, love 'em! Mainly the Master Of Puppets one!

My favorite episodes gotta be the two parter, "Dreamscaperers" and "Gideon Rises", because it introduced me to this interesting villain of Bill Cypher, which is now basically my favorite villain in front of Discord.

My favorite caracters are Stan, Bill Cypher, Dipper and Gideon.

An opinion of mine about this show would be that I prefer the second season to the first season, mainly because of less boring slice of life episodes.

With that being said, Cannot wait for the next episode! :D

• 7 years later...

I need to get around to watching this show, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

The only thing I know is that The Stanley Parable was one of a few influences for the show which was cool to learn about.

12 hours ago, Trot Shuffle said:

I need to get around to watching this show, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

The only thing I know is that The Stanley Parable was one of a few influences for the show which was cool to learn about.

You do. :wub: