Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Gravity Falls

null123456

I love how the show gets away with so many creepy elements that you would not normally see in a Disney cartoon. You can't trust anybody in gravity falls, or so it seems

And this just from Season 2. The only other kid's show that gets away with mre than Gravity Falls is Adventure Time, but that also has a higher rating.

Hey guys!! Thought you'd enjoy this art I made!!

img-3670249-1-gravity_falls___human_bill

Got some more art for you guys!!

Check it out here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/126426-gravity-falls-catching-up/

Those are amazing. :D

• Brohoof 2

And this just from Season 2. The only other kid's show that gets away with mre than Gravity Falls is Adventure Time, but that also has a higher rating.

I really wonder what Alex Hirsh has done for all that to get through to be air with a rating like that.

Maybe he convinced someone kids will see stuff like that anyway.

Also, that video forgot the "What the H" scene.

While we patiently wait for the next episode, here's a fanmade design of a human Bill Cipher I found on tumblr that I think looks rather cool. (Link to post)

tumblr_nk4vv9Cvl31qh95fio1_1280.png

I think it definitely suits his character better than most designs I've seen people make.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™
  • Brohoof 2

While we patiently wait for the next episode, here's a fanmade design of a human Bill Cipher I found on tumblr that I think looks rather cool. (Link to post)

I think it definitely suits his character better than most designs I've seen people make.

Wow that's pretty impressive.

I think he sounds a bit too young and chipper to fit that body, but that doesn't take anything away from the creativity.

• Brohoof 2

Here's mine:

25. Boss Mabel

Cute episode, and I liked the side-plot with Stan.

24. Irrational Treasure

Really funny episode.

23. Summerween

Very well-done villain and emotional.

22. Boyz Crazy

Just really entertaining.

21. Gideon Rises

Very large in scale.

20. Land Before Swine

Nice development for Stan, and an entertaining episode overall.

19. Headhunters

Really funny and creepy.

18. Soos and the Real Girl

I like the incorporation of a dating sim that's haunted, and Soos is adorable in this episode, particularly with his relationship with Melody.

17. Sock Opera

Bipper.

16. Scary-oke

Really good episode for Stan, and Soos is particularly funny.

15. Society of the Blind Eye

I like a lot of the moments revolving around Wendy in this episode, and it adds explanation as to why the town acts the way it does, and fleshes out Old Man McGucket.

14. Dipper vs. Manliness

Really nice message, and very funny.

13. Fight Fighters

I love all the visual gags.

12. The Deep End

Really cute episode with Mermando and Mabel.

11. Dreamscaperers

First appearance of one of the show's best characters, and offers some insight into Stan's backstory and why he treats Dipper the way he does.

10. The Time Traveler's Pig

First appearance of Waddles, and just a nice heartwarming episode.

9. The Inconveniencing

Great horror atmosphere in the convenience store; one of the episodes that are actually pretty scary.

8. Double Dipper

Really entertaining episode, and I like Tyrone.

7. The Love God

Fleshes out Tambry and Robbie quite a bit, and has some hilarious moments.

6. The Golf War

Very nice return of Pacifica, and the episode is entertaining.

5. Into the Bunker

Fantastic atmosphere, and it develops Wendy and Dipper's relationship.

4. Carpet Diem

One of the funniest episodes, and it has a really heartwarming ending.

3. Blendin's Game

Very heartwarming, and Soos' backstory is really sad.

2. Not What He Seems

No comment; go watch this episode.

1. Northwest Mansion Mystery

Has great atmosphere, great storytelling, great jokes, and an emotional core. Definitely my favorite episode at this point in time.

Edited by Blue Moon

To be completely and brutally honest, I didn't get too invested into the show until around the second half of Season 2. The only episode where I actually went wow, oh my god, this is amazing, is the latest one—Not What He Seems. I think if the show didn't go off on random tangents so often, I would've enjoyed it more.

My favorite characters are:

1. Grunkle Stan / Stanley Pines (Author)

2. Mabel / Pacifica

3. Dipper

4. Soos / Wendy

5. Giffany

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I started watching between seasons, catching season 1 in reruns. I can safely say Gravity Falls is tied with MLP as my favorite show currently airing. My favorite episode so far is Not What He Seems... that cliff-hanger.

So yesterday I was thinking about Gravity Falls. At the time, I've only seen a few episodes of the series and I was eager to finish both seasons. I heard many reviews of how the show was good with a solid storyline and like able characters. So I sat down and watched all of the episodes on my phone. I do not regret my decision one bit.

Some of the episodes I watched certainly had me on the edge of my seat. Like the episode with the Blind Eye Society (I think that's what it's called). I actually thought Dipper and Mabel's memories were going to be erased. But the hillbilly guy (forget his name) stepped in.

Unlike some cartoons airing currently, Gravity Falls has that sort of charm to it. The show has the right amount of humor without it being too annoying and the characters actually have depth to them. Heck, I felt sad when I watched as Dipper realized he had no chance with Wendy. Overall, this cartoon is a must watch and I recommend it to anyone who likes mystery, humor, and the paranormal. Iam looking forward to what season 3 has in store. I'm sure it will not disappoint.

• Brohoof 2

I am looking forward to what season 3 has in store. I'm sure it will not disappoint.

There is currently doubt as to whether there will be a third season or not.  :( Right now is just a mid-season break though, next episode is in June.

• Brohoof 1

There is currently doubt as to whether there will be a third season or not.  :( Right now is just a mid-season break though, next episode is in June.

Season 2 is on break? I thought it was just a short season like how season 3 was for FiM. It's actually a good cartoon and I would hate for Disney to cancel it after season 2.

Season 2 is on break? I thought it was just a short season like how season 3 was for FiM. It's actually a good cartoon and I would hate for Disney to cancel it after season 2.

Not cancellation, it might simply end on Season 2. It's a lot harder to lengthen out a heavily plot-oriented show. However there is a rumor of a movie, so we'll just have to wait and see...

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Now this is probably the most hilarious thing I have ever seen.

Sadly enough, I have seen that already.

Also, it seems there is bad news... next episode won't be until July...

Best cartoon show out there currently in my opinion :)

BTW I'M TOTALLY PISSED THAT THE NEW EPISODE HASN'T COME OUT YET!!! THAT CLIFFHANGER IS WAY TOO CRAZY AND I CAN'T TAKE THE SUSPENSE ANY LONGER! COME ON ALEX, GIVE US SOMETHING! :(