Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Gravity Falls

null123456

I've heard of the show, but never watched it before. I've never really gotten around to watching it, as it isn't that high on my list of priorities. Anyway, I hope I'll watch it soon, as I have heard good things about it.

• Brohoof 2

The only thing I have seen from the show is the theme song (Which is extremely catchy and I am currently listening to a loop of it now that you started this thread) and a pig being hugged. I have also heard that is there is secrets and easter eggs hidden in the show. Am I correct? Is this a good show?

• Brohoof 2

Favorite character - Stan

Favorite Episode - I can't even decide, they're all so good.

I like the show because of how great the animation is, the hilarious and excellent writing, and the memorable characters.  It feels like the cartoons I watched when I was a kid in the late 90's-early to mid 2000's.

I don't have a picture at the moment, but it would be something related to Gruncle Stan.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I have seen from the show is the theme song (Which is extremely catchy and I am currently listening to a loop of it now that you started this thread) and a pig being hugged. I have also heard that is there is secrets and easter eggs hidden in the show. Am I correct? Is this a good show?

It is the only reason why I watch Disney. Disney these days are filled with teen dramas, and this breathed a fresh breath into the dying network. It is great because of the character, and yes there are so many secrets. Watch the theme song, and at the end it says a secret message. Can you figure it out?

• Brohoof 2

The show indeed has a lot of secrets and easter eggs.

Such as, the first few episodes had a chubby guy in futuristic outfits appear for a few seconds in the background. Then i think episode five, it was revealed he was a time traveler, and Dipper and Mabel (Main characters) screw around with time as Dipper tries to right something he messed up. Then, at the end, the guy has to go back and pick up all the things Dipper and Mabel left behind.

It is the only reason why I watch Disney. Disney these days are filled with teen dramas, and this breathed a fresh breath into the dying network. It is great because of the character, and yes there are so many secrets. Watch the theme song, and at the end it says a secret message. Can you figure it out?

I have noticed the voice at the end of the theme song and it creeps me out, but in a good way. Yeah, I am sick of Disney Channel and it's current shows right now. But this one sounds interesting and I'm a sucker for animation. Could you tell me what the name of the first episode is?

• Brohoof 2

I have noticed the voice at the end of the theme song and it creeps me out, but in a good way. Yeah, I am sick of Disney Channel and it's current shows right now. But this one sounds interesting and I'm a sucker for animation. Could you tell me what the name of the first episode is?

I believe it is called The Time Traveler's Pig. But, you can go on demand or Disney's website and look it up. Or, you can go on iTunes and but the,. They're on sale there.

/)

I believe it is called The Time Traveler's Pig. But, you can go on demand or Disney's website and look it up. Or, you can go on iTunes and but the,. They're on sale there.

/)

Ok, I'll go watch it and I'll post what I think of it later on this thread. If I like it, I may watch more episodes and be gone a bit longer.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Favorite Character: Dipper

2. Favorite Episode: Double Dipper

3. Why do you like it?: It has really nice animation. The plots are really entertaining, and I love the characters.

I really like Gravity Falls, though I'm behind on the episodes. Hopefully I'll get a chance to catch up soon once school lets up.

Edited by lincolnshirepony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I watched the first two episodes and I loved them. I haven't laughed so hard at a show in a long time. But even though it was extremely funny, it also had a lot of heart and had great writing which is something a lot of shows today forget to do. I loved how there were secrets in in too. The music is really good  as well.

I think I just found my second favorite show. Thanks for getting me to watch it. 

Now if you excuse me, I need to watch some Gravity Falls.

Edited by Blue_Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I watched the first two episodes and I loved them. I haven't laughed so hard at a show in a long time. But even though it was extremely funny, it also had a lot of heart and had great writing which is something a lot of shows today forget to do. I loved how there were secrets in in too. The music is really good  as well.

I think I just found my second favorite show. Thanks for getting me to watch it. 

Now if you excuse me, I need to watch some Gravity Falls.

Great to hear that man! I know, it is a good show and I wish more people knew about it. Hope you enjoy future episodes, enjoy and tell more.

Thanks /)A

• Brohoof 2

It's such  a fun show!

1. Favorite Character: Dipper

2. Favorite Episode: Uh... All the episodes!

3. Why do you like it?: It's a cartoon, but some episodes have had me legitimately freaking out. I mean adrenaline rush and all.

4. Post you favorite picture, gifs, or quotes.

"What? Pfft! No!" -Mabel

"Behold, the most distracting object in the world!" -Stan

"It was so sparkly..." -Mabel, after consuming tube of toothpaste.

• Brohoof 2

1. Favorite Character: Dipper Pines

2. Favorite Episode: Bottomless Pit

3. Why do you like it?: It's freaking hilarious! And Dipper and Mabel are so original and awesome. I'm so jelly of them :D

Guy: But these wax figures come at a terrible price...
Stan: -looks at price tag- Twenty dollars!? Meh, I'll just take 'em when you're not looking.
Guy: What?
Stan: I said I was gonna rob you.

• Brohoof 2

Excellent show so far.

1. Favorite Character: Tie between Stan and Soos

2. Favorite Episode: Double Dipper

3. Why do you like it: I've been very impressed with the writing. Lots of really great jokes in a rapid fire comedy style, which is difficult to do but this show nails it. The characters are great, and it's good to see a pair of siblings who get along. I sware it's like there's some unwritten rule in the media that brothers and sisters have to hate each other. The mystery aspect is great too. I heard that the writers have 3 seasons roadmaped, so here's hoping they can get that 3rd one.

S1e1_gnome_throwing_up_animated.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Favorite character: Mabel.

Favorite episode: Boss Mabel

Why?: I really liked the 80's tone of the episode -- Mabel looked adorable with shoulder pads~

Oh wait...about the entire show? I love it because the show has the same type of humor that I hold.

Edited by Honey Puff
  • Brohoof 1

1. Favorite Character: Wendy

2. Favorite Episode: The Inconveniencing

3. Why do you like it?: Good animation, good voice acting, and actually intriguing story.

mabel.gif

• Brohoof 1

I think this is a really great show! It's surprising to see something actually good come from Disney, based on their current and previous programming from the past several years. I'd say Gravity Falls is on par with FiM for quality.

For anypony that likes the disney channel show called Gravity Falls, this is the official thread, approved by Feld0.

To prove that you are a fan answer these simple questions:

1. Favorite Character: Stan

2. Favorite Episode: Boss Mable

3. Why do you like it?: Because of the great jokes, and the great animation.

Everypony is welcome! /)

Heyo, your topic, 'The official Gravity Falls Thread' has been merged with the actually pre-existing 'Gravity Falls.' topic as they discuss the same show :3

I can't wait until Friday's episode! I've absolutely fallen in love with this show, probably my favorite show at the moment. <3 This show is going to go places, no doubt.

• 1 month later...

I just watched all the episodes that has come out so far - I must say that this is a truly amazing show. Not only is it exciting and very humorous but the mystery aspects of this show is interesting as well.

That's without mentioning that the show is filled with secret messages and references to the Illuminati and whatnot. It's not just the mysterious things happening in each episode that's interesting, but also this plotline that goes through the series of what is actually going on in Gravity Falls.

Also, it has a lot of continuity between episodes, so that's nice :)

Definitely a show I would recommend.

I actually really enjoy the show. Me and my little sisters get a kick out of it during breakfast, In my opinion I think it's one of the more funny new cartoons on Disney. happy.png

I love Gravity Falls!

Mabel is my favorite character, she is so random. She reminds me of Pinkie Pie, and her brother reminds me of Twilight. I really should go and watch some more episodes...

• Brohoof 1