Which pony race is best ? Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth pony, etc.

Jonquil Earthpony

Of course. This was not my argument to begin with. I was simply illustrating what i find interesting in Unicorn magic.

True, and I can see where you're coming from. My main OC Mythos Gray is a unicorn skilled in the use of illusion magic to enhance his storytelling.

Though I also have two Pegasus, Stardream and Golden Dawn.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite race is Pegasi mainly because they can fly, which is a concept I always found cool, even though they can do other neat things. This is rather ironic since my favorite pony is an Earth Pony.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

If I had to say which are the most powerful than those are the Unicorns and Alicorns because Magic but my favourite are Earth ponies, even though my favourite pony is Fluttershy, because they are just so resourceful and grow food for everyone and stuff

Astral "Awesome" Jackpot

EST 03.01.1997

I would have to say that Pegasi are my favorite race.

But does that make them the best? They may have qualities the others lack but that is true for all the races. By what measure are Pegasi superior to the others?

The truth is always rough.

But does that make them the best? They may have qualities the others lack but that is true for all the races. By what measure are Pegasi superior to the others?

What? I said they're my favorite not they're the best. I don't think any race is better than the other. They all have unique qualities that stand out equally.

What? I said they're my favorite not they're the best. I don't think any race is better than the other. They all have unique qualities that stand out equally.

The name of the forum is 'Which pony race is best?'.

If you're saying Pegasi are the best because they're your favourite then that's your opinion. I was curious if you might have a more substantial reason for it though.

Edited by Roughshod

The name of the forum is 'Which pony race is best?'. Now if you're saying Pegasi are the best because they're your favourite than that's your opinion. I was curious if you might have a more substantial reason for it though.

I didn't think about the title, I just thought favorite, not best. I would say Alicorn, but that's not exactly fair, and I wouldn't even count it.

I didn't think about the title, I just thought favorite, not best.

Perhaps we just interpreted it differently then.

I would say Alicorn, but that's not exactly fair, and I wouldn't even count it.

Alicorns are a race of pony so it still seems fair to me. If you're saying it's unfair to call them the best because they are more powerful than the others that doesn't hold water for me. It's like saying that calling Earth ponies the best is unfair because the other races can't grow food. Their differences are the very basis by which we çan discriminate and make any comparisons and judgements.

In most ways Alicorns do seem to be better than the others. One flaw they have is their numbers; they are extremely low in numbers compared to the other races, not to mention I've never even seen a male of their type.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

I was always pegasi because of the freedom of flying and whatnot... but over the past few months unicorn surpassed pegasus. Flying is great and all I mean the amount of freedom is practically unparalleled, but magic. Magic. These human hands just can't do magic... so until they invent humans with horns for magical uses-I'm going with unicorn.  MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicorns do not count as a race. There's only a handful, and they do not breed. Existing ponies must attain alicorn status through deeds. Hence Alicorns are a status to be achieved...NOT a race.

That said, Unicorns are the best race. Telekinesis gives unicorns hands, something the other races lack.

Flying is nice, but you cannot grow crops in the clouds.

Earth ponies are good for growing food and various serf skills/grunt work.

Unicorns are the best race. We let the rest of you think you are equal because we get pleasant weather and cheap food. But when you look at the bottom line: Magic means we are just so much better than you.

Edited by Silverhoof

I think none of the races are the best. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

One race can fly and that's it and are very quick one race is op as hell

And one significant race ( cough alicorns cough ) are so fcking op it makes any RPG weapons look like baby toys and other races look extremely pathetic have nothing to live for

post-30427-0-39701000-1418693731.png

Credit to Rainbowdash72 for sig :D credit to Ivory for the amazing avatar :D credit to couleur for the wallpaper
if your in hell keep going

Probably Earth ponies, since they're the ones that grow the food. :nom: I wish we'd see more "Earth pony magic" in the show.

Pegasus ponies are my favorite though since they can fly! :muffins:

As for unicorns, it seems that they can only specialize in one specific type of magic (except for Twilight who's special talent is magic) so they don't seem as exciting to me.

• Brohoof 1

֍֎֍֎

For me. I would have to say the pegasus ponies.

1. Because they can fly of course  :yay:

2.Being able to walk on clouds seems pretty cool to me

and 3. Well, I don't really have a three. (without me repeating myself, saying they are able to fly)

Unicorns are amazing as well. Being able to do cool tricks and other magic things.

All ponies are good in their own way.

• Brohoof 1

Please help my egg. aC0wG.gif

Unicorn. They can create food. 

Actually, they can't. Only Earth Ponies can create food. Some higher level unicorns can change one food into another, but they can't exactly create food. If they can, the unicorns wouldn't have needed the Earth Ponies to give them food long ago. 

I may be a Rarity fan, but I will have to go with Earth Ponies. 

• Brohoof 1

BcACRhR.png

Applejack Fan Club

Alicorns do not count as a race. There's only a handful, and they do not breed. Existing ponies must attain alicorn status through deeds. Hence Alicorns are a status to be achieved...NOT a race.

Not true

The book The Journal of the Two Sisters: The Official Chronicles of Princesses Celestia and Luna, the actually full title, establishes that Celestia and Luna are born alicorns raised by alicorns and that there 'was' an alicorn race. Keep in mind this was a book written by Amy Keating Rogers with the help/advice of Lauren Faust, a current show staff and thus I feel can be said with fair confidence to pretty much be canon.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

The way you are using "best", I'd say they are all equal.  If I had my choice, I'd be a unicorn for the magic.  Pegasi can fly, but what else have they got going for them?  To me unicorns just seem the most versatile.  Alicorns are 2nd choice, but they are too few, it would be like being a movie star.  +They have to work too hard at such thankless jobs as monster fighting.