What kind of PC do you use, manufactured or you built it yourself?

VictiniStar101

Usually manufactured ones. I think it would be fun to build my own, but I don't really have the time or dedication for it.

Edited by Cash_In

I have bought a few used servers that were mostly-built (motherboard, CPU some RAM), most of them are Supermicro - I like those servers because they use more standard components compared to HP or Dell and buying a new Supermicro case or server I get the drive caddies with it. Most 2U or bigger Supermicro cases accept standard EATX motherboards if I ever need to upgrade. I built the main PC and file server myself, but they both have Supermicro cases. Game PC and media PC have noname IPC rackmount cases, I have a couple of those cases empty if I need them.

• 3 weeks later...

Manufactured ones, always. I don't play games or anything like that much, so the default specs are fine for me. I'd have to learn a lot more about computers to build one anyway (I dread to think about the disaster that would result, since I know very little about hardware). :please:

• Brohoof 3

On 2020年3月23日 at 10:01 PM, Prometheus said:

I built the PC I'm currently using, have turned it into a bit of a hobby over the past year, probably built 5 or 6 PCs for friends since last January. :)

awesome, you must be getting good at it now

as for me, still using my broken HP Probook (no sound or wifi)

but I am currently only allowed on it to do school work, despite me being finished school because of the lockdown

17 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I have a Lenovo computer and it’s a load of crap.

Have you ever tried building your own computer?

There must be some good computer parts store in Australia? Getting good prices for single parts, like power supply, case, motherboard, CPU and RAM. And a graphics card. It's basically what is required. Just need to be sure you have the right combination of CPU and RAM, and get a compatible motherboard.... Oh, a hard drive might be good also :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/1/2020 at 11:26 PM, TheRockARooster said:

I have a Lenovo computer and it’s a load of crap.

As someone who had a Lenovo laptop with Windows 8/8.1 installed, I can relate. Anyway, the laptop I'm using now is manufactured.

I custom built my PCs. Well anyway the first time I assembled a PC was in 2006 when I built one for my friend. I still remember the specs Core 2 Duo 6300, gigabyte 965p ds3 motherboard, GeForce 7600Gt, 500watt antec, 1gb ddr2, some case. He was very happy with that pc. Core 2 architecture just came out and the above-mentioned motherboard was the only one in stock that supported Core 2 cpus. This summer I built myself a new computer with the following specs Core i9 10900X, Asus prime X299 edition 30, 32gb 3600mhz 4x8 gskill running in quad channel, asus rog strix 2080 super, cooler master mastercase h500m, Corsair i115h pro, Samsung 970 pro 1tb.

Edited by zerox

Custom built in 2014. i5 4690K @ 4.6 GHz on Z97, 12 GB of DDR3 @ 1333, dual R9 290s. 

Sweet rig in the day. Nothing much these days. I really have like no upgrade path. But whatcha gonna do?

20 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

EVOO

I do a lot of cooking at home these days, can't think of EVOO without thinking extra virgin olive oil lmao

Edited by Ford Taurus

Which one?  I'm assuming you probably want to know what the best one is, the gaming desktop, so I'll just describe that one.

Alienware Area-51 R2.

Spoiler

alienware-area-51-2018_1000x500.jpg

• Sextuple Core-i7, liquid cooled.
  • 64 GB ram
  • AMD Radeon RX 590 8GB
  • 2 TB HDD running W7
  • 1 TB SSD running W10
  • 1TB SSD running Kubuntu

I also have a mid-range laptop with Linux which I use for non-gaming stuff (that's what I'm using right now), and a way-old WinXP desktop that's just for old games.  That one's offline, just frozen in time, a preservation of old games to make sure I always have a way to play them, regardless of how the tech world changes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Regarding Personal Computers I pick and buy the components from the internet and assemble them myself .. regarding Laptops I normally buy Machines from Lenovo and earlier also from DELL

Cause of lack of space currently I've got only an old Laptop at my side: i7 3GHz 2/4, 8 GBytes RAM, Radeon Graphics, 500GBytes HDD