Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Annoying/fail things your parents do

Crazy Misty

I will always love em', but some of the things they do are annoying:

1. Give me an allownace but control my money anyway.

2. Tell me to practice driving more, yet hate going with me when practicing and won't let me go alone.

3. Tell me I can't stay up late. (obviously I do anyway)

4. Scold me for being on the computer too much, tell me I should watch TV. :/

5. My dad hates whistling, I love whislting, conflicts.

6. Dissaprove of me buying more books or video games, because I already have a ton. (I do have a ton, but I can always use moar ^_^ )

My dad likes to call me every name but my own and also he tends to try make himself the center of attention while we're out together,while my mum treats me like a baby even tho I'm nearly 20 and has a hundred and one pet names for me

I hate it when my parents HAVE to tell people embarrassing shit i've done, or my nickname (Not gonna say, its stupid), tell people the troubles I did and made many other adults look at me like im a bad person, When they ask me to do something and I say no, they get mad and make me other wise, assume im lying and doing bad things, going off having sex, drugs, etc. >__> Parents..

• 8 months later...

My mother often belches very loudly, she even tried to make it as long as possible. One time I was talking with my friends over the phone, my mother walked in and let out a belch that should not be possible for a mortal. My friend freaked out because he thought something explode on my side...

<I still can't stop laughing remembering that moment>

She also loves to tell anyone who are willing to listen on how I was a very weird child.

Oh, and she also often forgot to wear clothes when I'm around n2MfF.png

Me: Why?

Mum: Because I'm your mother, now do it.

That is not good reasoning! That's not even reasoning! Where is the justification behind why I have to do the task?

Haha, I hate this to! Like I totally respect my parents and all, and I don't really tend to do anything that justifies an argument, but when I do I hate that card.. Just because your an adult doesn't seem like a justifiable reason in my mind that you should have an auto win argument card or something.

Other then that I can't say I can think of anything really annoying or embarrassing my parents do with me. Honestly the most embarrassing thing I can think of is when my parents talk to other parents about how I did this and this blah blah blah. Maybe I only find that embarrassing because of me being shy and stuff, who knows :P.

My parents don't really call me pet names ever. Oh well theres also the fact of when my parents try to pronouce something that they have no idea how to pronounce(Whether it be video games or peoples name anything really) for somereason they always say it wrong.

Also I really hate how my parents say Video games.. OR computer games, the way they say it just... Annoys me for somereason. Its weird idk lol.

My mom calls me "Booboo" in public and it's so embarrassing ._.

She doesn't do it that often but it's still annoying

Omg, my mom does that too, she did it on my 17th birthday and I said that would be the last time she'd call me that. But she treated that as disrespect, which was wrong. 

My dad always makes fallacies when we argue just so he could get his way. One time a new roller coaster arrived at my local theme park and I wanted to ride it badly and he said no "because I said so". 

I HATE THAT PHRASE!!!

Why do parents do this crap. Even my mom does it too. 

The "because I said so" is the most annoying thing my parents do.

Oh and now that I'm a college kid, my mom won't get off my back. Whenever she calls, I have to stay on the phone for up to 15 mintues! One time she made me stay on the phone for a half an hour while I was at my friend's place, just wasting my freakin' time. 

Also, whenever I do something bad and my mom's on the phone, she talks to the person about it. She also talks to herself about the bad situation that happend. And if dad's around, they end up ganging on me to make me feel worse. 

Oh and my dad loves to humiliate me. At one point, I had to yell at him to shut up because I was so furious. And do you know when he humiliates me? When I do something bad! I feel very upset and I don't know what's in his mind to make him think that a one-way joke is right. 

Edited by Thunder-Dash

1. My mom is always calling me by the most embarrassing pet names ever

2. My dad always teases me about girls

3. A typical car ride while I'm driving

Dad: Hurry up!

Me: Okay.

Mom: Slow down!

Me: Okay!

Dad: Faster!

Mom: Slower!

Me: Uh!

4. My brother could run up to me, punch me in the face as hard as he can, and then I would get in trouble.

5. My mom will never stop talking about what I was like as a baby. dry.png

6. My mom always fawns over me, doesn't understand half the things I say, and randomly hugs me in public.

The real problem is my dad. He is constantly being, basically, a real-life version of trolls on other sites like SA.

He constantly makes jokes about how (insert mocking tone of voice here) "Did you have fun with your Ranbow Pony and Spickle Sparkle?" (/mocking tone)

It was irritating enough when I was 15 or 16, but now I'm 17 and it just gets worse and worse. He does it in front of my brony friends, my non-brony friends, and even people I don't know.

He wouldn't know subtlety if it bit him in the ass.

When my dad borrows money from me and never returns it. When my mom tells me to act like a lady, not curse or drink and to have more more feminine like behaviors. Also how my mom likes to butt into my relationship and always make jokes about me moving back home. And how she thinks she is going to get to plan my wedding when the time comes :S

I do love them dearly though and for all their annoyances there are just as many good traits

Whenever they walk around the house, THEY STOMP.

I swear to god... Their doing it on purpose, just to annoy me...

It woke me up more than a couple of times... :(

And also:

"You can buy anything you want"

10 minutes later...

"You can't but that"

._________________.

Edited by Zalgo
  • Brohoof 1

Call.

I'm being serious.

Not really.

But seriously.

Nah I'm just kiddin'.

SPOILERCEPTION

Also get divorced. That was really annoying.

But present day stuff? Let's see, my dad complains about how much he hates the internet and computers yet he owns his own recreational laptop and plays FARKLE for hours.

As for my mom, she tries way too hard. SLOW DOWN please I came home to spend time with you not whisk off from one place to another in a mad frenzy of attempted fun.

post-9453-0-31119400-1354644704.png

Edited by Circadian

Whenever I try to make a joke about something with my Dad, he turns it into a life lesson -.- . It's so irritation as I'm quite jokey with my friends and its just something I do in conversations.

As for my mother, she's useless at computers and I'm constantly dragged from what I'm doing to fix or do something that I've already taught her 100 times. Also she worked at every school I've been to....

Other than that, I love my parents to bits.

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 1

Being called e-pea.... very very annoying.

Also the fact that when asked to help with any technical issue my advice is usually ignored in favor of my brothers.

As for my mother, she's useless at computers and I'm constantly dragged from what I'm doing to fix or do something that I've already taught her 100 times. Also she worked at every school I've been to....

Oh dear god I know that feeling, every school and college. I finally escaped when I went to uni.

Edited by Fridge

Does anyone else have parents who brag about you in public and basically end up putting spotlight on you that you don't want to be under?

And I also know the feeling about being the in-house IT guy, especially for my mom.

I hate to say it but living on campus has been a welcome change of pace. Don't get me wrong, I love them with all my heart, but eventually it's time to go off on your own and write your own independent chapters in life. (but it is still nice to see them on weekends smile.png).

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 1

Oh dear god I know that feeling, every school and college. I finally escaped when I went to uni.

I'm at work now and she still pops in now and again. As my office is close to the school I even do some design jobs like prospectus's for her.

My mom prattled on a lot on my Facebook profile about how Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya and other such conspiracy theorist crap and dogmatic conservative ramblings. I ended up removing her.

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna say this on a more serious note than a 'haha idiotic, silly' joke. 

One of the things I absolutely HATE my mum doing, is smoking. I tell her everyday to stop she wont listen to me. Ive tried buying her Nicotine patches and what not. But she just wont stop. Of course Im scared of it as well, because I know every cigarette takes 9 minutes of your life if you die naturally. I really just cant stand the smell either. Its revolting.

• Brohoof 1

My dad is basically the most impatient person in the world.  He actually began screaming at someone who was taking to long in a store check out line.  That is very annoying to me.

One irritating thing that my dad does is that if you win an argument with him, he'll never admit it. He'll just go "Nope!" and tell us that he's right because he's the dad.

Pretty much every adult I've ever been in an argument with does that. Weather it be my parents or a teacher or some other random guy. Whenever you bring up a legitimate point, they just stumble a bit, then when they realize that you're right, they either walk away, refusing that they lost the argument, or repeat your words back to you and say that they said them first.

But back to a more specific thing that my parents do. My parents are very loving and care about me, ect. ect. And I acknowledge that. I am thankful for it, as I realize that not all people's parents are as good as mine. But sometimes they can be TOO doting (more so my Mom than my Dad). My Mom will constantly ask me what's going on, thinking that something's wrong, and she's constantly worrying about me. She does not seem to get that if something is wrong, I will tell her. Sometimes it will get so strong that it will get to the point of her literally going through my stuff. Then I have to tell her to back off, she agrees, and the whole process starts over again. So basically... my Mom's just a worry-wart. tongue.png

Oh, and my Dad believes in the Illuminati and gives me giant hour long rants about how they control everything from the shadows. I've learned to tune it out.

Edited by Driku12
  • Brohoof 1

ugh moms a hoarding alcoholic. ><

shes a weak willed doormat, smokes with her oxygen on, narrow-minded, gossip-mongering woman who cooks like a goddess and is freakishly more flexible than i am.

dads an old biker, who looks (and now dresses) like magnum PI.  the only annoying thing about him are his political rush limbaugh rants, and when he decides to ignore you and turn his hearing aids off. :)

oh and he still calls me Stink in public dry.png which was my baby name.happy.png

My mom and I get along with everything, and what we don't agree on doesn't annoy me.

My dad, however, can be annoying. He constantly complains about my marks at school which puts me under pressure which ultimately makes me do worse. He also can't keep a secret for ore than 5 minutes, that's why I am still a closet brony.

My mother has become very needy, easily frightened, and overly reacts to animals. In my youth my mother was a piller of strength that I looked up to, she supported three kids, (I'm the youngest) by herself, worked two jobs and held her own when several agencies tried to take us away from her, (the community I grew up in looked down on single parents.) recently however she's become a leech, draining 5 dollars here for a pack of cigarettes, or she'll sit there when I have time off from work and ask me meaningless questions about what I am currently thinking, I like to draw when I have time, but I am only comfortable doing it when I'm alone. Now I'm empathetic to animals being treated cruelly, but you should just call animal services, not take it upon yourself to do something about it. I'm thinking she might be going a little nuts. Not sure though.