Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Equestria Forward (OOC)

skbl17

Ok, who are we waiting on to post now? I'm not rushing anyone, I just want to know.

And no, I will not post myself, I sort of set my character in a position to not do anything noteworthy or significant until Friday rolls along in the RP.

I don't double post, so I'm out for now. bronislav84 won't be able to post again until Tuesday. IllusivePony's still around, you're still around, Cajunbony23 isn't roleplaying (I got a PM from him about that,) and half the other players are MIA or inactive.

At the moment, I'm not really waiting for anyone to post.

I'm considering "weeding out" the Registered Players list to mark some users as inactive. I won't do that today, but by Friday, March 6. Just eyeballing the list, two haven't posted at all and a couple haven't posted since December. Of course, I wanted to seek input before doing something like that.

Also, look for another detail post soon!

Speaking of which, I know I said Tuesday but it's going to have to be today. I was still recovering from the Con yesterday. Also I wrote a blog about it!

Tonight I'll be updating RPs I'm in.

Anyway I think this is a good idea, but PM them first, or @them so they are drawn to the post where you say they'll be dropped soon. Just my 2 bits.

Speaking of which, I know I said Tuesday but it's going to have to be today. I was still recovering from the Con yesterday. Also I wrote a blog about it!

Tonight I'll be updating RPs I'm in.

Anyway I think this is a good idea, but PM them first, or @them so they are drawn to the post where you say they'll be dropped soon. Just my 2 bits.

I do agree on notifying them first, I don't want to just drop people without at least giving them advance notice.

I'll be notifying specific users over the next few days about this.

UPDATE: Rule #10 has been added. Remember to post in the roleplay thread at least once every 14 days! No, this rule is not retroactive; it is effective from today (February 18, 2015). I'll be checking activity levels again on March 4, 2015; if you fail to meet the provisions of rule #10, you will be kicked from the roleplay on March 6.

Edited by skbl17
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't forgotten, but my cold is pretty bad that I don't feel like getting out of bed. I'll see how I feel in the coming days. I'm getting treated and haven't given up on the RP.

That's fine; get well soon! You have until March 4 (per rule #10), but I'm sure you'll recover much sooner than that.

Thanks. I don't think it's going to turn into the flu since I got the shot, and I should be good before then. It's pretty bad, though. I wasn't sure before since I was just coughing, but yesterday morning I started feeling warm and then later in the day I was literally sweating. Had to take an anti temp pill. I get online, but I can't think creatively. I'll push myself to post, but I dunno if I will make it tomorrow. We're going to a circus. Had tickets since November. I can't miss this, but I hope my cold doesn't get worse. :(

It's the pain killer (Ibuprophen) and temperature lowering pill (Acetomenophen) that are keeping me kinda sane. Once they wear off I feel terrible for a while until I reup. Also taking Motrin/Guafenesin.

Edited by bronislav84

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that the time in the RP may "skip ahead" a couple of days if events get a little low. When, if at all, would we do that?

I'm planning to do that soon, but I'm still waiting for @@bronislav84 to post; our characters are still in the middle of a conversation.

The next detail post will come Saturday; I have an exam and a project to finish first.

I'm sorry! I'm planning to post Friday if mom doesn't wanna go anywhere. I'm feeling better now. Still taking Motrin and coughing, but definitely better. No temp or headache.

Edited by bronislav84

I'm sorry! I'm planning to post Friday if mom doesn't wanna go anywhere. I'm feeling better now. Still taking Motrin and coughing, but definitely better. No temp or headache.

Yay! Glad to see you're feeling better.

Crap, I said I was going to get a new detail post out yesterday! Ah well, here it is (a day late). This will be the shortest detail post.

Weather and climate

Of all the aspects of Equestrian life changed by Equestria Forward, climate was the least affected. For the most part, weather continues to lie in the domain of pony control, and the diverse climates of Equestria are completely untouched. However, little change does not mean no change, a situation that presents itself regularly in the nation's weather.

Weather

As I previously stated, pegasi still control the country's weather. However, there has been an uptick in so called "Everfree systems" - uncontrollable weather patterns that are the result of ejections of energy from the Everfree Forest in the west of the country - which have led to increases in unpredictable and usually severe weather events. This uptick has been occurring for a while, and some professors at Canterlotian universities suspect that it is the result of a breakdown in magical energy that has, in the past, contained Everfree systems from forming.

Initially, Equestria was largely powerless to prevent these systems from forming; they were rare enough that nopony bothered to set up some kind of detection and warning system, and whenever severe weather threatened, most ponies simply hid in their homes or workplaces. As the frequency of Everfree systems began to increase, it became clear that some kind of forecasting and warning system would be needed.

On February 4, 1102, all of the various "weather patrols" in the country were merged into a new government agency, the Meteorological Service of Equestria, or Meteo Equestria for short. The Cloudsdale-based agency was tasked with creating daily weather schedules, manufacturing clouds, creating forecasts, and warning the public in case uncontrollable severe weather threatens. All forecasts and weather schedules are created by 25 regional weather offices (RWOs), who are given primary forecast responsibility for their particular region.

Climate zones

Equestria has an incredibly diverse climate, and is one of the few countries in which no one climate is more dominant than the others. The principality is home to desert climes in the center of the country (Durango and Saddleshire), tropical rain forests (Haywaii and the Hen Islands), mountain climes in the west of the country, humid climes, cold weather climes, and so on. In general however, much of the country is mild-to-hot and fairly humid in the summer, and cool in the winter.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so three points:

1) I've decided to add a timestamp to my posts, detailing the current time in-roleplay.

2) Yes, it's still Tuesday. Don't worry, I still plan on speeding up the time within a few more posts.

3) I got a PM from @@EnderPrince regarding the status of religion in Equestria. I'll make that a detail post, which I should have up within the week. There's too much information for me to fit in a simple reply to a PM.

Anyway, per rule #10, March 4 is when I'll be checking for inactivity and notifying posters. March 6 is the first 'cutoff' date.

• Brohoof 2

Well, today is March 4, 2015, or the end of the first two weeks since rule #10 was imposed. Registered players who have not met the requirements of rule #10 were just notified about their options. No players are being kicked today.

Furthermore, as promised, the next detail post regarding religion will be posted before the end of the week (and don't worry, it will be on time!)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Finally caught up with all my RPs on MLPF, again. I wonder how your character is going to react skibl, to all of that? The name thing, and the info cram. Lektra talks a lot sometimes. Sorry.

As my character mentioned, where exactly is Applenata in relation to the canon places?

Edited by bronislav84

A few notes this Tuesday morning (in real life):

1) I had the "religion" post done, but I went back through it, and it didn't make much sense. Spring Break for me is coming up next week, so I will have a LOT more time to get everything caught up on, and yes, everything will make more sense. Sorry about that.

2) To answer @@bronislav84's question, In relation to canon cities, Applelanta is located in the southeastern part of the country. Basically, far southwest of Baltimare/Manehattan/Fillydelphia, far southeast of Canterlot, and almost due east of Los Pegasus.

3) As promised, I did kick inactive players on March 6. If any of them are reading this, they'll have to go through the registration process again.

4) Roleplay time, it's still late Tuesday morning, but I plan on wrapping up a conversation in-roleplay. Nothing will happen on Wednesday or Thursday in-roleplay, so I'll skip to Friday (yes, I know some of you were waiting for that).

My to-do-list:

1) Get the bloody religion post rewritten!

2) Get an OC profile done for Sparkwing.

3) Wrap up the conversation with @@bronislav84.

4) Skip ahead to Friday morning or Thursday night.

Thanks for the info. So what would she call your character though? High just sounds odd.

By the way,the way her Magitek works is stuff doesn't *run* off magic as a source of power, just stuff that would be computer systems is a magic based form of interaction and display. Think of it like the operating system. The generator is controlled by manipulating the spell now as opposed to interacting with a computer. It still runs like it would otherwise on electrical systems. It's enchanting, and protects the system from being fried because it's not electrical. Only once electricity leaves the generator complex does it connect to electrical systems cause that's needed to deliver the power.

Edited by bronislav84

(1) Thanks for the info. So what would she call your character though? High just sounds odd.

(2) By the way,the way her Magitek works is stuff doesn't *run* off magic as a source of power, just stuff that would be computer systems is a magic based form of interaction and display. Think of it like the operating system. The generator is controlled by manipulating the spell now as opposed to interacting with a computer. It still runs like it would otherwise on electrical systems. It's enchanting, and protects the system from being fried because it's not electrical. Only once electricity leaves the generator complex does it connect to electrical systems cause that's needed to deliver the power.

(1) Full name, preferably. She'll probably soften to the use of 'HV' over time, though.  :P

(2) That's what I thought when I was making that post, hence my backpedaling to "something else must have happened", as shown in the last paragraph in my post.