Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever lost a game save?

TheDashingRainbow

Harvest Moon! I use to play that game all the time! I'm gonna have to spend some time looking for that game.. that or purchase a new copy. I really want to play that now. Sorry about your save.. but thanks for the memories.

Heehee, it's all good.

Have fun!!

• Brohoof 1

Once, I lost my saved game on Spyro the Dragon for playstation 1. I was literally 92% done with the game, and was soo excited to beat it! When I saw the file was corrupt I literally threw my memory card in the toilet and pooped on it.

I had a 1056 block Gamecube memory card go corrupt. It was almost completely full, with about 5 years and 40 games worth of data and playtime. I was absolutely devastated. I still haven't gotten to the point where all my progress has been made up

I once had a Ratchet and Clank 2 save file in which I had pretty much everything. I'd completed the game like 7 times, and I almost had every skillpoint.... Until I accidentally saved over it with a new save... 

I wasn't too happy  :(

When I was younger I forgot how to actually save on this game but I was so dedicated to figuring it out before it was turned off and lost my game so I started pausing it to go to school and playing when I got home. One of my friends reminded me I had to go to the Playstation menu to save it but when I did that I accidentally exited the game and that meant it didn't save... Probably the worst horror I ever faced as a child!

In skyrim I played a couple hours and got really far on a save and beat the main story line, then made another and played that for a while. I later when back to play the other with more progress. Instead of getting my old game I got the new one, the old one was on auto save not an actualy save, and the new one auto saved over it.

Yes, a few times I did essays and lost everything. (Most of the time they were due the next day. -_-) But the worst was during my childhood; my 7 year old me was very upset. I was an avid gamer then, and I LOVED Pokemon. I would sometimes play for long periods of time only to turn off my Gameboy Color/DS and loose all my progress. (Because I forgot about saving.)

Well in pokemon I'd do a lot in one sitting.....and game would die on me.....very sad moment, happened multiple times. And I just found out yesterday my friend accidentally corrupted my monster hunter 3ds file.....

I've lost a file on both Pokemon Red and Gold, because for some reason trading between the two ended up corrupting the game. I can't remember if MissingNo. was involved or not.

I also almost lost all my saves on my GameCube memory card because it randomly said it needed to be reformatted. Yet when I just turned the game off and put it back in, it was perfectly fine and all my saves were good.

• Brohoof 1

My save files have been broken plenty of times in Fallout: New Vegas. For some reason the game used to randomly put me back at Goodsprings at level 1 when loading a save.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Yes, I lost my original Animal Crossing GCN town to corruption, which literally put me in tears. Lol. Eventually all of my GCN data on the card corrupted. Should have seen it coming. Somehow I still have a surviving town I made in late 2002, though (on another card, of course!). Hard to think I've had an Animal Crossing town that long. o.O

I also (kind of) lost data in The Sims 2 (PC). Kind of sad because it was the save files from when I first got the game on the release date. I still have no idea how it happened, but it happened when installing University, the first Expansion Pack. It took me almost a year to notice that the files were still on the computer, and were fine, the game just...moved away from them when I installed the EP? I managed to transfer some of them over to my last computer, and I thought that was kind of neat. So in the end they weren't really lost, I just thought they were.

it happened to me once

In the sims 4 I had the young daughter of the family grown up and brought her new stuff besides a pool but as I were about to save it I kinda clicked on exit game and all my progress were lost it was horrible