• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

It was on March 11th 2012! not too long ago. I stumbled upon that know your meme: MLP video, then i decided to give the show a try and ever since then I've been hooked and became a brony :) so glad i found out about it!

I'm a bit of a late bloomer, I didn't discover the show until between the first and second seasons in July. I kept seeing Derpy Hooves and other ponies around the internet and I was very curious. I watched the first episode to see what the fuss was about, and then downloaded the first season and I was hooked.

I'm not quite sure about when exactly, all i know is that people were making a big fuss about the 'Hearts and hooves day' episode. I decided to check what all the fuss was about and saw the start of the second season. That got me hooked.

I joined 2 weeks ago actually :D I also started at the very beginning xD I've been a stickler for going in order after I start reading the Harry Potter books on the third book ^^"

December 2010, Ill with a stomach virus. I was lying on the couch, flipping through channels. "Look Before You Sleep" appears on the screen and I watch through it, amazed. I'm lying there, ignoring my stomach pain, horrified that I'm liking this.

And then I found bronies a day later. One of the best moments I remember.

• Brohoof 1

Last February. decided to see what was so great about the show. in the next week i had watched all the episodes, watching about six a night. Its about time was the one I had to wait for, so I am fairly new.

*Okay, before I go into this story, I just want to put a quick note. Before I discovered this show I had had some anger management issues and that really upset me, so I'd like to thank all of you for being suck an amazing community and making my life much more happy.*

I've seen a lot of these lately and so I've decided to make one for myself. I have however gone into some depth about it if anyone here has seen that then you'll be familiar with the story.

Okay, into the story. About a year after the show had come out, I saw a captioned image of insane twilight sparkle captioned, and I thought, is that My Little Pony? I quickly dismissed it as some guy having fun with adobe because I figured they could never put an insane character on a little girls show. A few months after that I saw some articles on Smosh Pit about the show, and I started thinking, "oh, it really is show." So I looked into it a bit more and found out about bronies, and I really wanted to watch this show. (I just happened to be one of those people who approached the show completely open-minded.) I started watching the show and instantly became hooked, and I've got to say, my favorite thing about the show is the characters. It seems that the more in-depth with the characters they go, the more they seem to appeal to me. This shows that these characters very well thought out, and I applause everyone who worked on the show, from the voice actors, to the animators. And so now I am here months later involved in all these great communities like Equestria Daily and this forum and I have got to say, I have been having a GREAT time. Props to all of you.

post-2103-0-42035400-1332654385_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

As a advid watcher of the classic 80's and 90's My Little Pony Show I hated it with a passion but I watched all the Generations anyhow. And I was like god these shows suck and never got into the show every again.Than I heard about this show on a different forum and I decided to give it a try. So I watched four episodes on The Hub and I got into it I didn't convert myself into the brony community yet. So I watched all the rest of season one on youtube and be hold I was now a brony. And I'm glad to be part of this community. The show is awesome. And I love the moral messages at the end of each episdoe. The voice actors are wonderful and do a great job with playing there characters well. Asheligh Ball is amazing I love her since she does the voices of Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack. This show has changed my life in a way. And I will always be a brony forever.

• Brohoof 2

When I started seeing quote images of these ponies spreading to this other social forum I was in (Red vs. Blue) I was probably one of those who had no clue about the show and started to get curious to why this show was becoming so popular. So I went to YouTube, looked up the first episode and willed myself to watch it.

At first I was just forcing myself to comprehend what I was seeing then by the end of the episode I had a sense of wanting to see more. I don't know how to explain it but right after then I preceded to watch the next few eps. Before I knew it I had stayed up six ours in my sleep time and realized that this is cool!

FiM gave me that good old nostalgia feeling of catoons from the late 90's to mid 2000's.

I saw some short clips of the show on Youtube, and there was alot of attention to these pony pictures with captions, so i gave it a try, and it just blew my mind, it always gets me to smile, and the community is just mind blowing.

I have been a brony ever since.

Somewhere in mid June, one of my favorite YTPers, cs188, put in a very short Fluttershy "yay" reference in one of his Michael Rosen YTPs. When I first saw it, I was like "What does MLP stand for?". It took me longer than it should have to figure out it meant My Little Pony. Then, not long after, cs188 announced he was going to make a full-length MLP YTP, and all his fans were very excited (Well, except for the haters of course). I was excited only because I wanted to see how cs188 would mess up something so harmless and originally "stupid" as ponies.

Well, the YTP didn't dissapoint. He uploaded it on July 31. It was his longest YTP, and is his most viewed to date, wiht over 400k views. After I saw it, I immediatly released I actually liked the animation style a lot, mostly the eyes. At first, I thought it was one of those crappy direct-to-dvd movies or miniseries, so I though the actual content sucked in general. I had no idea it was a show that had 20 or more episodes at the time and it had a growing fanbase. I eventually was overcome by curiosity and searched for an episode on TV, before I got to see "Look Before You Sleep". I though the show was pretty crappy at first, but after a few episodes, I thought it was kinda good, though not great. Then, after watching Titanic for the first time ( :() somewhere in mid-August, I pretty much lost a ton of manliness, and I was able to appreciate the show more. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I was a brony, and at first I was horrified, because I was into really nothing else but Family Guy, CoD, and anything else would've been maturer or more profinaty laced (Even though FiM doesn't have any profinaty at all lol) but I was able to accept it, and now I'm proud of it B) . I now have seen every episode, and have gotten to know a good amount of the fandom and the pony universe in general.

it was just 1 week before today.

Well i was bored so i found out funnyjunk.com that i recently discovered to kill some time. Then i started seeing many many funny ponies and started liking them more, especially withhttp://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Religion+Vs.+Bronies.+Go+ahead.+Start+a+shitstorm+over+it_d03e4f_3479487.jpg xD.

So after that i decided to watch mlp and started liking it a lot, expect from its cuteness it had some epic lines and the awesome rainbow dash!

due to that now:

my life is 20% happier

have ponies flying on my desktop

ordered pony shirt

ponified boot logo, program images and generally "ponify effing everything"

Changed avatar and name

I became a brony on Dec. 2011. I actually started watching it during my school exam days! So you see I got really sidetracked. But it was worth it, a stress relief. I first saw the show on flickr, at least pics of it. More and more people were posting pony related pics. I didn't pay much attention to it, as I though it was some sort of bandwagon activity, or just a meme. I found out it was actually a cartoon a long time later, when I saw an upper classman watching it on his laptop during break. So I searched My Little Pony on google. The lizard-looking G3 shits came out, and I was like "Yikes!" :blink: Definately not this. I soon found out it was called Friendship Is Magic.

I found a website where I could watch the episodes. So quite naturally, I began watching from the first episode. The beginning. My first thought was: "hm... like a fairy tale." I watched on. The scene where Twilight was reading came out, and I was quite suprised by the good animation. I didn't realize that then, but I felt there was something different about the way the cartoon is drawn, different from cartoons I've seen in the past. Then came the theme song.

My first thought upon seeing the theme song was: "OMG this is gay shit." :blink: Seriously. But then that quickly went away, as I am generally not a narrow minded person. I knew there had to be a reason to why people watch this show. I watched on. Then I absoluted hated spike, especially because of his voice. I just really hated it, somehow. Spike to me now sounds perfectly fine and is a fun character in the show. I just didn't see things like that then.

So the first 2 episodes were watched, and I didn't think they were very good, but not too bad either. I watched the 3rd episode, then immediatly I was more hooked up on the show, more than I was watching both 1st and 2nd episodes. I kept on watching while I should be studying for my end of semester exams.

It wasn't until the beginning of "Bridle Gossip" that I realized I was actually really enjoying this, alot :wub: . I thinking to myself: "Oh boy I'm actually watching this!" After that my pony passion grew immensely.

Today, I have all the episodes up to date on itunes and my MLP folder on my laptop. I downloaded the episodes off youtube, most being HD. I also have all the songs up to the beginning few episodes of season 2, and some fan videos as well. I also have a folder for MLP related pics and screenshots. Out of every folder in my computer, the MLP folder is the most organized, and I am quite proud of it :) , as I am usually a messy person.

So there you go. Without MLP, my life would be alot more colorless than it would be now.

Yeah the fanbase is awesome! I can't agree with you more about the characterization, the development of the main six was definitely a thought through process and it shows :P

I became a brony back in June 2011. I didn't get into the show than I joined a forum where there a lot of members liked this show and some member told me to give it a shot and I watched four episodes on The Hub and I was getting really into the show so I watched the rest of season one on youtube and I became a full brony since. It's been almost a full year since I been a brony and I love it. I love the brony community. I welcome the jerk bronys and the non jerk bronies. I love the different opinions they give about the show and so on.

I was watching the short clips for a long time because they used to be in the related videos of some of the South Park videos I watched. Then my friend began to show me the episodes, and before I knew it I was listening to the music, joining this forum, writing fanfictions, buying the toys, and wanting to participate in this fandom anyway I can.

I love being a pegasister this fandom is amazing

You know, before the fourth generation of this show, seeing the show didn't really bother me at all... I mean, it didn't matter to me at all. But after I saw several short clips and small captions, I started realizing stuff like you did.