• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

At first I didnt want to become a brony when I saw One episode. Because I thought it was not right. But the more episodes I watch and the more I learned about the communtiy, I decided to just become one and it was the best choice I made. And the weird thing was that I found out about the show by myself. What also inspired me to become a brony was the fan made music. That was the best music to my ears. I never heard music like that in my life. What also made me a brony was Fluttershy. that Pony gave me joy to me, and soon fluttershy became my favorite pony.

When the out pore of meme images of Rainbow Dash started to crop-up in the early months after the premiere a lot of people (unbeknownst to themselves that they were the first bronies) started to discuss it more and more. So one faithful day in May 2011 I went on to YouTube, watched the first episode and the rest...

...was how Equestria was made B)

I became a brony in October 2011

i was on the internet when i saw a fanfiction reading on youtube of my little dashie, I watched the video and liked the story,

I got my friends to watch it and they liked the story. After about a week after showing it to them one of my friends was curious about the sorce of the fanfic and wanted to watched the first episodes MLP FIM, he asked me to watch it with him (and being the one who will try enyting at least once) I agreed...we were hooked after that and got my other friends to watch it to.

and thats my story ;)

(edited)

I don't remember, lol. Maybe, I became a brony in January or February 2011.

Ponies appeared in the Russian Internet at that time.

How? I was reading one of Russian analogues of 4chan. I noticed a strange pictures of ponies everywhere. Then, I lurked more the title of cartoon, but forgot for a few days about ponies. Some days after, I asked my friend: "what the hay are all these ponies?". She answered, that it is a cool cartoon and I must see it. So... you can guess what happened next :)

Edited by Todash

I became part of the herd in December beacuse my friends on skype said about it and I decicded to watch it. I watched the first and second (Parts of 1 episode) episode and I thought it was quite good. I forgot about it for a couple of months and last Febuary it came to my mind. I decided to watch all the episodes. I was so addicted to the episodes! The plot, the character of the mane six, its by far my favourite show. I can't wait every time for a episode to be released!

Some dude on another forum had a pinkie pie avatar and when he left the forum someone said ''Thank god he left,I was getting tired of that My little pony avatar'' when he said that I googled it and some 30 minutes later I joined the herd.

In December 2011, I can't recall exactly when, because I kind of just slowly grew closer and closer, until one day, after finishing season 1, I just sat up and thought "So I guess this makes me a brony then." and then I decided to join this site.

(edited)

This wasn't in my first post in this thread, but I remember the pilot episodes caught my attention because the story had similarities to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (one of my favorite games).

Edited by Kenny

My first encounter with pony kind was back in around July last year, although I'm not so sure. I was watching one of MAST3RLINKX's YTPs and saw he had uploaded pony videos. I thought he had gone mad and wasn't even convinced after seeing his YTPony. It wasn't later until I was watching Blunty3000's 3DS review that I saw his video 'Something's WRONG with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'. He explained the show in a way that intrigued me and helped me see past my pre-judgements. So, armed with my new Sky+ box, I watched the show on *gulp* Boomerang. And I liked it. The rest is history...

I think i became one in February this year because my 2 friends were die hard fans of My little pony and I would always sit next to them in study hall, to be honest I thought my little pony was a bit kiddish and kinda asured for adults, teens, or preteens to like it, but then after them talking about it so much, I went home that day from school, looked up the first episode, watched it, it seemed interesting, watched the 2nd, then got a bit into it, watched the 3rd, I WAS A BRONYYYYY

I don't know exactly when, but I won't easily forget how.

I had been invited to a Skype group containing members of a forum I had been banned four times from (don't judge). Virtually EVERYONE there was either a brony or pegasister. Now, I was ignorant of the show, so I gave the run of the mill hate speeches, spending my time calling every brony in the "a pathetic faggot who couldn't get laid if they paid a child rapist", and everyone, needless to say was ANGRY.

But then I thought, "Gee, I can't be a hypocrite and judge something I know NOTHING about! I'll give it ONE episode, and then I can hate on them with REASON.". So I watched the first episode, and I nearly vomitted from the corny storybook intro (I hate those with a passion). Then, once it shifted to Twilight speaking, I thought, "Oh, this is like a normal cartoon. Seems familiar in how it was made...", and it was, since I used to watch Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

So I watched, and watched, and around where Rainbow came in, I started getting kind of enraptured (Not by her, but by that point). Soon, however, the episode ended. I thought, "Oh, no, a cliffhanger? Wait, what happens to the ponies? Do they defeat Nightmare Moon?". So I simply HAD to get closure by watching the second episode. Then I thought, "Well, where does the plot go from here?". I found out it was an episode by episode plot, which I liked, and thought, "I'd have to watch every episode, or else they'd go crazy.".

The turning point was Lesson Zero. Nine minutes and eight seconds in, I saw the Atomic Rainboom, a rainbow mushroom cloud. Then I just thought, "To HELL with it, I give up, I'm a brony!". It was the most strangely manly thing I had seen in the show, other than the weird brohoof with loogies involved. Then my Skype group railed on me for hypocrisy. But, buck it, it was worth it. I'm better after this experience.

And, to tell you the truth, I learned from it that liking MLP just means I'm shattering another worthless stereotype. It means I'm secure enough in my masculinity to realize my nads won't shrink just because I'm a brony. In fact, I've matured greatly because of it.

I became a brony after seeing a thread on 4chan of all places, it was a pony hate thread and i had no understanding of what was going on, but i said to myself "well, dont knock it until you try it."

watched the first episode, and well.... here i am 1 year later ^^

Edited by Midnight Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I became a brony after seeing a thread on 4chan of all places, it was a pony hate thread and i had no understanding of what was going on, but i said to myself "well, dont knock it until you try it."

watched the first episode, and well.... here i am ^^.

I helped. x3

I watched the first four episodes in November, but due to YouTube blocking episodes, I could no longer watch any episodes until I pirated the entire first season onto my computer during Christmas break. Between December and January, I became a brony, and then I joined this forum soon afterwards. I have all of the episodes on my computer with the first season in 720p and the second in 1080p. :3