Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Desolation Dreams: Do you have them?

Tom Snyder

Okay, i'll start this off with that i do have these dreams in general, but not so much a week. they usually occur every two months and never seem to get any better, i'm  not asking for advice here ponies, just that if you ever had such a dream.

Here's mine:

So i fall asleep and find myself drawn to this hallway, windows look out to the city below. And i see everything as if an earthquake  had hit the city dead on. Now everything looks desolate and eerie to me, but i find myself laughing, but can't figure out why though. I'm still confused and not sure if i could really see this happening or not. But it would be ironic, considering how much we are destroying this planet by the day. But anyway, as i continue down the hallway, i come to another room. In this one i see my own hometown in ruins, just crumbling to the ground around me, it didn't seem to phase me as i haven't lived there for too long before we moved. So this just gets weirder as i move on, as if i were looking at the future or the past event.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't know the word desolation (Assuming its similar to abandoned and wrecked). But i have a funny one to me when i was 6 or something.

So i happen to have 3 different dreams in one night, and one of them i happen to be in a desert (Yes, dusts everywhere). I don't know what was i doing, but i saw the Power Rangers (remember those fellas? okay) posing in front of me. So i was gonna take a picture of them like a fotographer with an old camera. But a small earthquake happened and made a cracky ravine thingy right where the Power Rangers posed. And thats the only crack i see in miles. And so they fall down in a hole and that was it xD.

I really don't know the word desolation (Assuming its similar to abandoned and wrecked). But i have a funny one to me when i was 6 or something.

So i happen to have 3 different dreams in one night, and one of them i happen to be in a desert (Yes, dusts everywhere). I don't know what was i doing, but i saw the Power Rangers (remember those fellas? okay) posing in front of me. So i was gonna take a picture of them like a fotographer with an old camera. But a small earthquake happened and made a cracky ravine thingy right where the Power Rangers posed. And thats the only crack i see in miles. And so they fall down in a hole and that was it xD.

the state of a place that is empty or where everything has been destroyed:

Most of the dreams I'm lucky enough to remember (when not involving the "Candy Cane Corp"), always seem to feature a desolate world in the horizon. The immediate area could be just a typical world, but beyond roughly half a mile always seems to be nothingness, in terms of activity/life. It'd be as if NYC was an area of 2 city blocks, and then immediately unbroken, ruined farmland.

Most recent one I can recall was involving sieging a particular fortress (I get medieval dream, go figure :P ), and every warrior turned to mere dust after being killed. Soon, the grassy plain that was present was nothing more than a mere desert, and the castle seemed in ruins, as I was left alone. Woke up right as a sandstorm blew up, and considering most of my dreams predict the future, I'm still trying to figure it's meaning.

Honestly, I like desolation dreams. Even when I'm awake I'm fascinated by abandoned cities and buildings. For instance, I'd love to visit Pripyat (Chernobyl) sometime, not because of what happened there but because it's abandoned.

I once dreamt about a village that was destroyed. It had one building in it that looked more at home in a big city. In that building I got shot by some guy called Morgan. I followed him outside only to discover the village was alive and bustling, but one little girl stood aside from the party, and I knew she was the cause of the destruction. I followed Morgan beyond the village...and then I ran into an army of demons, apparently summoned by that little girl.

Other classics involve zombie apocalypses.

One of mine comes to mind where I was standing in the middle of a street of a destroyed city (think Fallout:New Vegas) and there was blood everywhere and when I turned around there was a Majora Mask just floating there, I woke up after that so I have no idea what that means. 

I've also had one where a tornado was destroying everything but I don't remember much from it. I never have happy dreams so there's probably a lot I'm forgetting.

I do have them. They appear quite commonly, as many of my dreams are very violent. The one I can remember most vividly is an angel is fighting a 50-foot robot, only for the angel's hometown to be destroyed by the robot's laser beams. The angel then fled to some post-apocalyptic village where he meets a group of humans. Last thing he sees is the robot flying in the distance while his hometown is on fire.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I've had many dreams about the end of the world and other destructive events. I even had such dreams when I was a little kid. More recently, I also had a dream about the bombing of Hiroshima, which I described in this blog entry.

Such dreams are obviously disturbing, but I also think they're fascinating.

In addition, I've had many dreams in which I died or was already dead, and/or existed as a disembodied consciousness.