Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Most Underrated Characters Ever

Castle Bleck

Demyx and Luxord in Kingdom Hearts.

They're the least evil Organization XIII members (barring Roxas, Axel, and Xion), their personalities are interesting (Demyx is a wuss who suddenly kicks @$$ when backed into a corner, and Luxord is an honor-bound gambler.), and their powers are unique (Demyx has a hypnotic guitar and can manipulate water in countless ways, and Luxord has reality-warping cards and dice and can inflict some nasty status effects.).

So why are they underrated? Because they have the least development and backstory of all the members. They're just filler bosses; they simply arrive, raise hell, and then leave/die.

Hopefully, they'll return in KH3 and get more development.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

I need to replay 1, 2, and everything else before 3 gets here... I am excite.

...I hope they add a Star Wars world... <_<

But ye, those guys are pretty undeveloped, though I don't know about underrated.

I know a girl who raves about them if you bring up the KH series. Enough that I could say they're overrated, at least by her. :derp:

Dance, water, dance!

I love Demyx and Luxord, and I think that they're very much loved in the KH fandom. (Demyx is my favorite character in the franchise). So they're not exactly underrated. However, I'd love for them to get more character development. I agree that in the game they're rather lackluster in terms of story.

I would say...

-Applejack is pretty underrated, the most underrated in the Mane 6. She needs more love  :toldya:

-The sarcastic librarian from the Crystal Empire!

-Canada from APH (Oh, don't "who" me  :okiedokielokie: )

Or Eilonwy from the Black Cauldron? How about just the Black Cauldron in general?

Eilonwy was great, and was probably Disney's first princess to take a properly heroic role in her film. I think it's a great shame that she's been excluded from the official Disney Princess range, yet people like Mulan and Pocahontas are included even though they're not even princesses!

The film was kind of weak compared to the books though.

On a similar topic, I think Brave and Merida are underrated. Everybody seemed disappointed that it wasn't very Pixar-like. It's probably my third favourite Disney princess film.

(I'm really into Disney princesses.)

Edited by Vital Spark

Tien from DBZ, it got to the point where they pretty much dropped him from the Buu Saga(only making a small appearance). The scene where he tries to hold off Cell was particularly badass

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Megas75

(edited)

Tien from DBZ, it got to the point where they pretty much dropped him from the Buu Saga(only making a small appearance). The scene where he tries to hold off Cell was particularly badass

Solar Flare's the most underrated DBZ move, BTW.

Also:

King Gak Donut Steel Sombra.

Holy s***, was this guy powerful and smart.

A shame he only had 5 lines, though.

Edited by A.V.

Molly Grue in the Last Unicorn

I Molly was a bit underrated a bit given she

had to deal and act as a mother/friend figure

to the Unicorn once changed but also how

she stood beside Schmendrick in his dealings!

Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts as well.

Proof that if the Darkness keeps pushing it, the Light will eventually snap and push back with a vengeance.

Yet everyone seems to hate him for holding the Idiot Ball, despite pretty much all the others characters doing the same whenever Master Xehanort's around.

• 2 weeks later...

Niamh Cranitch from Silk. Aside from being shoved aside and then written out of the series after season one, she's also very, VERY misunderstood as a character and often accused of being a whore or trying to sleep her way up. You see, in episode two, she made the mistake of sleeping with her pupil master, Clive, and it causes problems for her in the rest of the series. Even though he got her drunk. Because there's focus put on that, a lot of people don't see who Niamh really is.

post-28987-0-92085800-1423362565_thumb.jpg

post-28987-0-47772400-1423362763_thumb.jpg

You see,

A lot of Niamh’s problem stems from the fact that she’s simply young and trying to find her way. Of course, she makes some mistakes along the way, but that’s to be expected. I will admit that her sleeping with Clive WAS a huge mistake and something that she shouldn’t have done. I maintain that he got her drunk and slept with her, but I do still question why she thought it was a good idea to go home with him in the first place…But I digress. I guess one could say that she was drawn in by his “charm,” which he apparently uses on all the pretty girls he comes across. As seen by Kate’s, “Did he do the death row thing?” line, showing that Niamh is not the first woman to make this mistake. However, after this, the audience can see her dealing with a bit of a moral dilemma. She knows that what she’s doing is wrong, and acknowledges this, as seen in her talk with Martha in episode two, but, she’s stuck. She wants to get out, but fears that, because Clive has power over her, that he may retaliate and threaten her chances at tendency.

One must also keep in mind that she IS only twenty-one. As stated, she’s young and a bit lost. She’s trying to find her footing and establish herself at the Barr, whilst attempting to move out from under her father’s shadow. As revealed in a conversation between her and Nick in episode four, everyone puts a lot of pressure onto succeed because of her background, which can be a lot for a person. She wants so much to do well, and it hinders her at times and causes her to make these mistakes. I mean, we all know that she knows better, and has taken lessons from her father who, if you remember “plays by the rules.”

In other words, Niamh is arguably the most complex character in the show and she's a freakin' side character and is thrown aside because the fandom would rather focus on Martha. Now, don't get my wrong, Martha is amazing and a good character in her own right, but Niamh needs some love.

img-3454521-1-maxresdefault.jpg

NO! Until he learns what a fucking triangle is I refuse to accept his existence!

He suffered the same fate as Yamcha, Launch, Master Roshi, and all the other Dragon Ball characters.

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED